PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Boycott Of Easter Road.

nribs
04-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Big noises that alot of Jambos wanting to boycott Easter Road to hit us in the pocket, nothing to do with them being relegated mind. Do we have to give them the full away stand or can we not give them just half and sell the rest to Hibees?? I know we may struggle to sell them all but maybe we could reduce prices to ensure a sell out??.

Keith_M
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Heard it all before.

stoneyburn hibs
04-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Question is, would a stadium that only has Hibs fans in it ensure a victory for us ?

Saorsa
04-04-2014, 05:38 PM
well at least we'll no have tae look at or smell them :bye: :jamboclow

MSK
04-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Question is, would a stadium that only has Hibs fans in it ensure a victory for us ?Don't know ..but it would smell a hell of a lot better !!!

Baader
04-04-2014, 05:40 PM
When have they not had a 'boycott' of Easter Road for a derby. It's a lame excuse for not selling your allocation.

Maybe they can organise a half-ar$ed march and petition like they did years ago when some 17 year old seemed to be heading it up...

They can go and bake some cakes to save their club instead :faf::faf::faf:

Waxy
04-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Question is, would a stadium that only has Hibs fans in it ensure a victory for us ?Nope.But their club is in desperate need of cash, yet we sold out the derby at the piggery before a public sale.

nribs
04-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Question is, would a stadium that only has Hibs fans in it ensure a victory for us ?

I wasn't suggesting it would? I'd rather see it was filled with Hibees though and rather sold tickets to hibees than have a half full stand?

Keith_M
04-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I wasn't suggesting it would? I'd rather see it was filled with Hibees though and rather sold tickets to hibees than have a half full stand?

But we won't even sell out our own end.

Frazerbob
04-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Big noises that alot of Jambos wanting to boycott Easter Road to hit us in the pocket, nothing to do with them being relegated mind. Do we have to give them the full away stand or can we not give them just half and sell the rest to Hibees?? I know we may struggle to sell them all but maybe we could reduce prices to ensure a sell out??.

Do you really think we would sell half the stand as well as our usual sections?

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Yawn

stoneyburn hibs
04-04-2014, 05:57 PM

I know you weren't suggesting that, of course it would be brilliant to have the four sides filled with hibees. What I was alluding to was that it still wouldn't be enough for us to do them.

nribs
04-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Do you really think we would sell half the stand as well as our usual sections?I have no idea if we could or couldn't? I was suggesting it may be better to offer us the opportunity especially if there is Sone king of boycot. I did suggest the prices could be dropped slightly.

Glory Lurker
04-04-2014, 06:14 PM
They are sooooooo predictable. :rolleyes:

heidtheba
04-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Would offer a lot of marketing possibilities...
How about this? Club offer free tickets to anyone who has had a season ticket in the past and hasn't renewed recently. Club go on .net and the bounce and find posters with a certain amount of time they've been on or number of posts (ie people who care enough to comment and post) although who can't afford/can't be bothered to come along, and offer them free tickets. ST holders get a free ticket to give to family member or friend.

Might not get extra money then and there but might tempt people back to the fold/help them rekindle their love of the club.

I don't come because of time and health issues not because of the cost so it wouldn't sway me but it might help bring people back.

Although given our record in derbies it might backfire spectacularly...

Willing to be shot down in flames but I've always thought there are opportunities out there to widen the fan base which could be taken, or taken more often.

Interested to hear thoughts?

mutley
04-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Can we all buy 1 away ticket each and then none of them can get in, then have a nice peaceful game to watch

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2014, 06:18 PM
What they really mean is the don't want to suffer the embarrassment of coming to Easter Road if they are already relegated and we are safe. No hiding place for the erseholes behind their 5-1 and 1902 comfort blankets anymore.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Can I just say I hope they are 100% successful with it.

nribs
04-04-2014, 06:21 PM
What they really mean is the don't want to suffer the embarrassment of coming to Easter Road if they are already relegated and we are safe. No hiding place for the erseholes behind their 5-1 and 1902 comfort blankets anymore.I alluded to this in my op. The boycott if there is one will be because they are down.

matty_f
04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm sure the club would be annoyed about the boycott because the money would be handy, but taking that out of the equation I'd be f****** ecstatic at not having to look at one of those mutants for another few years.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Move along, nothing to see here.

Ozyhibby
04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I heard they are boycotting next season as well. These guys are serious.

...WentToMowAnSPL
04-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Lol !!

Mr White
04-04-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm sure the club would be annoyed about the boycott because the money would be handy, but taking that out of the equation I'd be f****** ecstatic at not having to look at one of those mutants for another few years.

Handy,rather than essential to pay this month's wages and bills. I reckon rod will get over it :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Good, I would have to look at those insufferable *******s from the FF

BH Hibs
04-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Hope it lasts 20 years

Aldo
04-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Sort of response I expect from the fans of a Wee Team.

They might not even be here by then.

...WentToMowAnSPL
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Sort of response I expect from the fans of a Wee Team.

They might not even be here by then.

Those Third Lanark supporters have been doing that for longer...

Hibernia Na Eir
04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
we should have boycotted last Sunday instead of gifting them more rubles!

most annoying!

Ronniekirk
04-04-2014, 07:28 PM

And the season after that:wink:

Springbank
04-04-2014, 07:44 PM
This is the start of their Wee Team mentality
Us big Hibees filled their stand and their coffers

In return hear those timid becardiganed voices..
Ooh no financial doping
We might get beat
We're playing a team we can afford

I'll just not go this time

"..at Tynecastle park, there's a wee fitba team.."

They even sing about it

Wee team

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Those Third Lanark supporters have been doing that for longer...

Clydebank bring a pitiful away support too. :agree:

Eyrie
04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Clydebank bring a pitiful away support too. :agree:

And Rangers .....

emerald green
04-04-2014, 08:37 PM
It's not the first time they've come away with the "boycott" bulls***. It's always when they don't fancy it and feel they are going to get beat. Worst fans in the country.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2014, 08:38 PM
And Rangers .....

Who?

inglisavhibs
04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
If what we read on here at the moment is true Hibs fans are intending to boycott Easter Road as well (for the whole of next season). I would imagine Hearts will fill or nearly fill their end. It would be great to get a crowd like the last home derby but somehow i doubt it.

Kato
04-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh, dear. Don't throw me in that briar patch.

jdships
04-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Have we not heard this c..p more than once before ?
" More to be laughed at than pitied " , or alternatively " just ignore them and eventually they will go away "

:flag::flag:

Saorsa
04-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Have we not heard this c..p more than once before ?
" More to be laughed at than pitied " , or alternatively " just ignore them and eventually they will go away "

:flag::flag:they'll certainly be going away :greengrin and I dinnae think we'll have tae wait as long as eventually, no long now in fact :agree:

:bye: :jamboclow

ALF TUPPER
04-04-2014, 09:36 PM
They know we'll be giving them a hell of a time and don't want to be there for it. Any get out clause they can use.

I couldn't give a toss whether they turn up or not. Lowlifes

GGTTH

jacomo
04-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Would offer a lot of marketing possibilities...
How about this? Club offer free tickets to anyone who has had a season ticket in the past and hasn't renewed recently. Club go on .net and the bounce and find posters with a certain amount of time they've been on or number of posts (ie people who care enough to comment and post) although who can't afford/can't be bothered to come along, and offer them free tickets. ST holders get a free ticket to give to family member or friend.

Might not get extra money then and there but might tempt people back to the fold/help them rekindle their love of the club.

I don't come because of time and health issues not because of the cost so it wouldn't sway me but it might help bring people back.

Although given our record in derbies it might backfire spectacularly...

Willing to be shot down in flames but I've always thought there are opportunities out there to widen the fan base which could be taken, or taken more often.

Interested to hear thoughts?

There's a balance to be struck in not annoying people who've already shelled out for a ticket or ST, however this is the kind of thinking we need. The club should have an absolute focus on getting the stadium full.

Waxy
04-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Did they not boycott the 6-2 game? It sure looked like they did. The worst away support in a derby ever. Awful set of fans.

geordielad
04-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Nope.But their club is in desperate need of cash, yet we sold out the derby at the piggery before a public sale.

We sold out because we thought we were going to relegate them!! For gods sake wake up and smell the roses we cannot sell out an orgy in a whore house we are so bad!!!

GREEN WARLORD
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
well at least we'll no have tae look at or smell them :bye: :jamboclow

Yes, but we'll also be deprived of throwing verbal obscenities at them. Easter Road should be in full voice for this one and i think we should roll out all the old classics, sung through the years. Ten men coulndy carry Nade, Booked for being ugly (Fulton), Cheer up Craig Levein, Fat Jim nyooouu, Cameron Cameron where's yer wife, In yer Gorgie slums (a personal favourite of mine), One Albert Kidd, etc etc. If they don't show up then we should aim our verbal volley at their team and make it the most unpleasant visit they've had at the Holy Ground in a long time. Feel free to add a classic, it would be funny to see our song book for they scroates. :greengrin

whiskyhibby
04-04-2014, 10:15 PM
We sold out because we thought we were going to relegate them!! For gods sake wake up and smell the roses we cannot sell out an orgy in a whore house we are so bad!!!

I don't think so.........just need to think back to 02/01/14 when we showed the gorgie mutants how it's done

Eyrie
04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Who?

:lolrangers:

S4uzee
04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
If they boycott, why not just make all tickets £10 for Hibs fans

ano hibby
04-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Yes, but we'll also be deprived of throwing verbal obscenities at them. Easter Road should be in full voice for this one and i think we should roll out all the old classics, sung through the years. Ten men coulndy carry Nade, Booked for being ugly (Fulton), Cheer up Craig Levein, Fat Jim nyooouu, Cameron Cameron where's yer wife, In yer Gorgie slums (a personal favourite of mine), One Albert Kidd, etc etc. If they don't show up then we should aim our verbal volley at their team and make it the most unpleasant visit they've had at the Holy Ground in a long time. Feel free to add a classic, it would be funny to see our song book for they scroates. :greengrin
Agree mate & we were all set for this on Sunday & then we lost a gold after 6 mins :(

Waxy
04-04-2014, 10:22 PM

If we'd boycotted this game we could have sunk them. But we didn't.

GREEN WARLORD
04-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Agree mate & we were all set for this on Sunday & then we lost a gold after 6 mins :(

Yep, we were let down badly on Sunday but this could possibly be the last Edinburgh derby. On this occasion, i'll be celebrating their death, no matter what the scoreline is. :flag:

Dr Jimmy
04-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Did they not boycott the 6-2 game? It sure looked like they did. The worst away support in a derby ever. Awful set of fans.

they certain did. Great night, and what a success that boycott was. More of the same please!!!

geordielad
04-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Yep, we were let down badly on Sunday but this could possibly be the last Edinburgh derby. On this occasion, i'll be celebrating their death, no matter what the scoreline is. :flag:
Get a grip they are not going to die, they are like your worst nightmare they keep coming back! But we have to get stronger reunite the faithfull and never let them forget!

djs69
04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
All remaining home games should be a tenner each , we might then break the 12,000-13,000 for each of them....doubt we will sell out the derby though

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
What they really mean is the don't want to suffer the embarrassment of coming to Easter Road if they are already relegated and we are safe. No hiding place for the erseholes behind their 5-1 and 1902 comfort blankets anymore.

Spot on. They can dish out the banter but won't take it.

GREEN WARLORD
04-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Get a grip they are not going to die, they are like your worst nightmare they keep coming back! But we have to get stronger reunite the faithfull and never let them forget!

Think what you like but i'm more of a glass half full man. I try not to do pessimism, been down that road and it's crap. Therefore, i'll cling on to my belief that they shall be terminated. Ooooh Happyyyy Days!!

You are correct in saying that we must reunite and never let them forget. So lets give them pelters, regardless of the scoreline. A win would be nice though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Remember when they boycotted the 6-2 game? 800 of the losers turned up. Lowest away derby attendance this side of the war. It was because we were charging them £2 per ticket more than they charged us. Nothing to do with the fact that each and every one of them knew they were in for an utter pumping.

brog
04-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I forecast this weeks ago. This is a team that couldn't sell their allocation for a semi final in their own town! Pathetic! 6-2 revisited will do me!

givescotlandfreedom
05-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I forecast this weeks ago. This is a team that couldn't sell their allocation for a semi final in their own town!

Twice

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Why would they boycott? Hibs are utter pish they can and will best us when ever they want!
No understand this action we/ Hibs are brutal why would they boycott! We are shot don't make much sense to me.,,.

GreenLake
05-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Why would they boycott? Hibs are utter pish they can and will best us when ever they want!
No understand this action we/ Hibs are brutal why would they boycott! We are shot don't make much sense to me.,,.

They are living off the last vestiges of a illegally armed era of confidence. It's a pity they won't be around to become our bitches like they were in the 70's. Our good teams since then had great players bought up whereas they hold on to their sub par excellence. Sometimes when we are bored on the train we try to pass the time by being the first person to name 5 great Hearts players from recent years. I never get past Gordon. How does he rate with Sauzee, Goram, Latapy, John Collins or Steven Fletcher. Have Hearts had a player with a decent career since Jim Baxter?

Maybe our kickbollock guests could enlighten me. Please don't include ratboy.

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2014, 03:34 AM
They are living off the last vestiges of a illegally armed era of confidence. It's a pity they won't be around to become our bitches like they were in the 70's. Our good teams since then had great players bought up whereas they hold on to their sub par excellence. Sometimes when we are bored on the train we try to pass the time by being the first person to name 5 great Hearts players from recent years. I nyt?ever get past Gordon. How does he rate with Sauzee, Goram, Latapy, John Collins or Steven Fletcher. Have Hearts had a player with a decent career since Jim Baxter?

Mate I have lost my mojo my mojo was and is HIBERNIAN FC, after spending best part of £1000 on clothes flight ticket beer I ****ing love them......

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2014, 03:40 AM
They are living off the last vestiges of a illegally armed era of confidence. It's a pity they won't be around to become our bitches like they were in the 70's. Our good teams since then had great players bought up whereas they hold on to their sub par excellenYT?ce. Sometimes when we are bored on the train we try to pass the time by being the first person to name 5 great Hearts players from recent years. I never get past Gordon. How does he rate with Sauzee, Goram, Latapy, John Collins or Steven Fletcher. Have Hearts had a player with a decent career since Jim Baxter?

Jus in case you still have the faith this is for you mate...

We are Turnbulls tornadoes yes that's who we are, we play for each other we're known near and far, ours fans arr the greatest they cheer each game we're TURNBULLS tornadoes HIBERNIANS The name xx

sven nil
05-04-2014, 05:30 AM
They are living off the last vestiges of a illegally armed era of confidence. It's a pity they won't be around to become our bitches like they were in the 70's. Our good teams since then had great players bought up whereas they hold on to their sub par excellence. Sometimes when we are bored on the train we try to pass the time by being the first person to name 5 great Hearts players from recent years. I never get past Gordon. How does he rate with Sauzee, Goram, Latapy, John Collins or Steven Fletcher. Have Hearts had a player with a decent career since Jim Baxter?

Maybe our kickbollock guests could enlighten me. Please don't include ratboy.Jim Baxter never played with hearts mate ,you might be getting mixed up with stanley baxter,,,,,,,,,,,

Aldo
05-04-2014, 06:44 AM

What a lot of bollox. There have not been too many times in recent years we haven sold out. Even years and years ago when we had the gorgie road end I mind going and the end was full.

I don't think so.........just need to think back to 02/01/14 when we showed the gorgie mutants how it's done

This.

We did something that day they will never be able to do for a long long time. Get 20k plus at home.

They will and are and will never be able to spend like they did. They will have to live within their means for a considerable number of years.

The next few weeks will break them and with the Big L on the horizon they are constantly looking over their shoulders.
Have some faith FFS.

Onion
05-04-2014, 07:33 AM
They will never be able to spend like they did. They will have to live within their means for a considerable number of years.

Always seen this as one of the main outcomes of their demise. Whatever happens, CVA or Big L, their fun days are well and truly over. No longer will they dominate Derby matches. No longer will a Hibs team look beat before they even walk onto the pitch. No longer will they have the psychological upper hand, and they can feel the kind of trepidation we've been forced to over recent years due to their overspending.
This season has blown that theory right out the window. There's no allowing for the depths to which Hibs can plummet.

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Always seen this as one of the main outcomes of their demise. Whatever happens, CVA or Big L, their fun days are well and truly over. No longer will they dominate Derby matches. No longer will a Hibs team look beat before they even walk onto the pitch. No longer will they have the psychological upper hand, and they can feel the kind of trepidation we've been forced to over recent years due to their overspending.
This season has blown that theory right out the window. There's no allowing for the depths to which Hibs can plummet.

sadly,after going into admin last year they have beaten us 3 times and we won by a penalty at new year,things are more than even just now and we cant get near them,thats a worry.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2014, 08:32 AM
sadly,after going into admin last year they have beaten us 3 times and we won by a penalty at new year,things are more than even just now and we cant get near them,thats a worry.

Why the need to add "by a penalty"?

If that's the case then they only won on Sunday after being on the right side (again) of a refereeing decision.

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2014, 09:07 AM
They're 'boycotting' the premiership next season. And the championship. Div 2 is where it's at.

clerriehibs
05-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Why the need to add "by a penalty"?

If that's the case then they only won on Sunday after being on the right side (again) of a refereeing decision.

9/10

Only 9 because the penalty was fair. The offside call was incompetence, so we were cheated, deliberately or otherwise.

For anyone that thinks we should have been turning them over anyway, not even celtc are turning teams over again and again. Games are usually won by 1 or 2 goals. If you're not getting the decisions, you don't get the result.
Had we got the goal on Sunday, I believe we'd have gone on to win.

Had Leigh's goal been given, I believe we'd have gone on to win.

Had all their retro red cards actually been given during the games, I believe we'd have won them all.

Had black been dealt with appropriately by thomson, we'd have had the confidence to go for a result, instead of giving up in the face of thomson's cheating.

We're rarely that far away from a result v. homfc ... the officials usually do enough, or more a la thomson, to get them over the line.

But these things balance themselves out, right enough, or so some would have you believe.

southsider
05-04-2014, 09:34 AM
The last time they had a half empty away stand at E R we won 6-2. Now a repeat would be pleasing eh ?

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Bet they wish they'd boycotted the share issue.

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Bet they wish they'd boycotted the share issue.

Hope their boycott fever catches on. Soon they'll be boycotting talking self-serving, pompous, jumped-up, paranoid, deluded pish.

Well, maybe not, but we can always hope.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Hope their boycott fever catches on. Soon they'll be boycotting talking self-serving, pompous, jumped-up, paranoid, deluded pish.

Well, maybe not, but we can always hope.

I bet these are worrying developments for Liverpool and Spurs. Their failure to boycott European football, must surely put the special relationship under stress.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-04-2014, 09:47 AM
If The Liths get the microwave out in time for this game we'll never hear any further mention of a boycott from them.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 09:50 AM
If The Liths get the microwave out in time for this game we'll never hear any further mention of a boycott from them.

Maybe Hibs should adapt a Ryanair approach to ticketing. Buy before the share transfer, and you'll pay half the usual price of £50 per ticket. Yams love a complex financial dilemma.

Eyrie
05-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Maybe Hibs should adapt a Ryanair approach to ticketing. Buy before the share transfer, and you'll pay half the usual price of £50 per ticket. Yams love a complex financial dilemma.

Given their approach to player wages in recent years, they'll probably pay the £50 anyway.

Actually, make it £51 to really mess with their minds.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Given their approach to player wages in recent years, they'll probably pay the £50 anyway.

Actually, make it £51 to really mess with their minds.

Buy early, pay £15, buy later pay £51. Coke a Cola £0.15, cardboard cup £5.10. Pie £0.51, pastry £1.50. Petrie, are you reading this???!!!

05-04-2014, 01:30 PM
I forecast this weeks ago. This is a team that couldn't sell their allocation for a semi final in their own town! Pathetic! 6-2 revisited will do me!

Exactly, if that had been us they would be taking great delight in telling us what a wee team we are.

Horrible set of fans. It's absolutely hilarious and it cracks me up every time, when they all lick each others ***** and continuously bleet on about what a fantastic set of fans they are rallying to save the club. Em nah, you all stood by and let it all happen in the first place.

Anyway, horrible bunch, absolute cretins, dregs of society so quite frankly having them not violate our beautiful stadium actually sounds appealing.

Franck Stanton
05-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Phutt them , who gives a flying one about whatever they do/say ? Boycott? Stuff them - we should BAN them. Save on police bills, just leave the South stand closed with a few coffins draped in scabby maroon.

Onion
05-04-2014, 02:04 PM
9/10

Only 9 because the penalty was fair. The offside call was incompetence, so we were cheated, deliberately or otherwise.

For anyone that thinks we should have been turning them over anyway, not even celtc are turning teams over again and again. Games are usually won by 1 or 2 goals. If you're not getting the decisions, you don't get the result.
Had we got the goal on Sunday, I believe we'd have gone on to win.

Had Leigh's goal been given, I believe we'd have gone on to win.

Had all their retro red cards actually been given during the games, I believe we'd have won them all.

Had black been dealt with appropriately by thomson, we'd have had the confidence to go for a result, instead of giving up in the face of thomson's cheating.

We're rarely that far away from a result v. homfc ... the officials usually do enough, or more a la thomson, to get them over the line.

But these things balance themselves out, right enough, or so some would have you believe.

:top marks The Big L, playing in the lower leagues, with no Home Ground would be a good start :greengrin

God Petrie
05-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Breaking news they're boycotting the SPL next season and considering boycotting football all together.

Aldo
05-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Breaking news they're boycotting the SPL next season and considering boycotting football all together.

Where did you hear this GP. Has it been in the media lately??? ;-)

One Day
05-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Would your season ticket get you in to that? I'd go

jonty
05-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I'll miss them as much as I miss the rangers.

ER will be largely mutant free next season. Hoorah.

erin go bragh
06-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Hope its a similar score when they last had a boycott . 6-2

Ggtth