PDA

View Full Version : Summer signings

Unseen work
04-04-2014, 01:24 AM
with a busy summer coming up who do you want to come in thats reasonable and be shipped out?

in
Aaron Taylor Sinclair
Danny Swanson
Fraser Fyvie
David Goodwillie
Callum booth (back from loan)
Right back

Out
Zoubir
Michael Nelson
James Mcpake
Daniel Boateng
Paul Cairney
Paul Heffernan
Alan Maybury
Ryan Mcgivern

There are a couple of guys i have been let down with this season and havent seen alot of due to injuries etc that i would like to stick around once butcher gets his stamp on things and gets us playing as a team such as:

James Collins - Its been done to death but im under the impression he will score with confidence and a good pre season for us
Liam Craig - Scored alot of goals early on but has no confidence right now, need to find his best position
Owain Tudor Jones - Been injured alot but was a massive part of terrys team at ICT and woul make us very hard to break down imo
Danny Haynes - First couple of games i really liked what i saw but hes went off the boil a bit, has some good attributes

Would leave us with a team i would make of

Williams

right back Forster Hanlon Taylor Sinclair

Thomson OTJ

Swanson Stanton Harris

Goodwillie

Subs - Murdoch, Stevenson, fyvie, robertson, craig/taiwo, collins, handling

Imo this team would play attractive football but be able to compete and hard to break down through the midfield as thomson and otj would break it up in their and both distribute it well

Unseen work
04-04-2014, 01:29 AM
i would chuck a couple of the younger guys out on loan to such as cummings, baptie, black etc
Watmore iv not seen enough of
I can see guys like david gold, horribine, caldwell etc getting move on in the summer aswell. Unsure what will happen with bradley donaldson as he is highly rated

The players we should go for will cost alot but we need to invest now, look what aberdeen have done with some astute signings

Greencore
04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Mcgivern where? Why isn't he out?

Unseen work
04-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Mcgivern where? Why isn't he out?

bottom of the list under "out" :wink:

eggbamyasi
04-04-2014, 01:41 AM
all out of contract at end of season , a few have left already lists from around jan /feb 2014 . * means under 23 so small fee needed.

Aberdeen
Russell Anderson, Barry Robson, Nicky Weaver, Josh Magennis, Scott Vernon, Chris Clark, Nicky Low*, Craig Murray*.
Celtic
Georgios Samaras, Joe Ledley, Steven Mouyokolo, Lewis Toshney*, Bahrudin Atajic*, Patrik Twardzik*, Darnell Fisher*
Dundee United
Morgaro Gomis, John Rankin, Gavin Gunning, Ryan Dow, Marc McCallum*, Dale Hilson*.
Hearts
Jamie Hamill, Jamie MacDonald, Dylan McGowan*, Gary Oliver*, Mark Ridgers, Callum Tapping*, Sam Nicholson*.
Hibernian
James McPake, Ben Williams, , Kevin Thomson, Paul Cairney, , Tom Taiwo, Alan Maybury, Ross Caldwell**, Danny Handling*, Dean Horribine*, Paul Grant*.

Inverness CT

Nick Ross*, Ross Draper, David Raven, Conor Pepper*, James Vincent, Curtis Allen, Liam Polworth*, Matthew Cooper*, Ben Greenhalgh* (one-year option), Nick Draper*.

Kilmarnock

Kris Boyd, David Silva, Sammy Clingan, James Fowler, Darren Barr, Jeroen Tesselaar, Ismael Bouzid, Mark O’Hara*.

Motherwell

James McFadden, Stephen McManus, Keith Lasley, Shaun Hutchinson, Stevie Hammell, Lee Hollis, Ross Stewart*, Lee Erwin*.
Partick Thistle

Isaac Osbourne, Paul Gallacher, Ross Forbes, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Mark Kerr, Steven Lawless, Christie Elliot.

Ross County

Richie Brittain, Rocco Quinn, Stuart Kettlewell, Scott Boyd, Mihael Kovacevic, Mark Brown, Brian McLean, Steven Saunders, Michael Fraser, Graham Carey, Gary Glen, Steven Ross*, Ben Gordon, Darren Maatsen, Alex Cooper*, Branislav Mimic.

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson, Steve MacLean, Alan Mannus, Nigel Hasselbaink, Patrick Cregg, Steven Anderson, Gary Miller, Frazer Wright, Rory Fallon, Liam Caddis*, Steve Banks*.

St Mirren

Paul McGowan, Steven Thompson, Kenny McLean*, Gary Teale, Marian Kello, Jim Goodwin, Danny Grainger, David van Zanten, Darren McGregor, Lee Mair, Chris Dilo, Mo Yaqub*, Anthony Brady*.

I would take nicky low, and nick ross also that greenhalgh looks a prospect, few more on there might be worth a shot . ryan dow , gunning and Hutchison would be nice but out our budget I would guess ,

Unseen work
04-04-2014, 01:54 AM
some very good players in that list that imo would come to us and improve us

gegs70
04-04-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm sure a few have contracts on the table or have signed extension such as Vincent at It. but a few decent names in there that would improve hibs. I liked McGowan, Murray Davidson and Hassling too. Moments and draper. But I suspect the better players here will sign something once the season is done.

Centre Hawf
04-04-2014, 03:42 AM
Barry Robson
Gavin Gunning
Ryan Dow (maybe)
Nick Ross*(if comp is affordable)
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Stephen McManus
Shaun Hutchinson
Stevie Hammell
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Graham Carey
Murray Davidson
Alan Mannus
Paul McGowan
Marian Kello

Those are the only ones i'd like to take at Hibs as I think taking those players would actually be the buildings of a top 6 side you just have to add in the likes of our Harris and Stanton etc.

Given that we have a lot of players out of contract and Butcher will probably move loads on I want to see HUGE changes.

Hibrandenburg
04-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Riorden, O'Conner and Katie.

The_Todd
04-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Bob Malcolm.

Ronniekirk
04-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Vincent and draper have already signed contract extensions at ICT so list provided above is obviously out of date . The issue is not who's available for us it's who wants to come to a club in the midst of a downward cycle that to date no one has managed to turn around .our wage structure is a factor but when McManus chose Motherwell ahead of us we did offer more money and he chose them, as in a weakened league they are safe bet for top four place. If we continue to struggle for rest of season and narrowly avoid the drop as other teams don't win enough games to overhaul us,we may find Terry's top targets reluctant to believe things will turn ,that is a concern .So we may have to accept him using Marcella to pluck players from obscurity and mould them as he did at caley.

Have no idea why everything is underlined !!!!:confused:

Jones28
04-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Darnell Fisher
All the Motherwell players
Taylor-Sinclair
Barry Robson
Nick Ross
Ross Draper
Kenny McLean
Possibly Murray Davidson

Greencore
04-04-2014, 07:41 AM
All of the hearts team of course. They are scottish/Brazilian samba wonder kids!!!!!

Heisenberg
04-04-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm pretty sure Nick Ross has another year at Caley as well.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Its a complete waste of space bringing in new players, they will have to train at east mains and that ruins them. :wink:

DH1875
04-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Murray Davidson was availabe on a free at the end of last season. He waited and waited to see what his options where. He had NONE and ended up having to sign a new 1 year deal with St J. Wouldn't. E breaking the bank to get him, that's for sure.

J-C
04-04-2014, 08:16 AM
I'd take the all the squads above us in the league, gotta be better than the wasters we have now.

emerald green
04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm not particularly excited by the thought of any of these players signing for Hibs to be honest. I thought at the time Liam Craig was an excellent signing (and I still do) but why has it gone wrong? Seemingly good players just not doing it once they sign for Hibs. It's a mystery to me, and until someone can get to the cause of it I'm not sure Hibs are going to get out of this downward spiral we seem to be in. One positive note is our U20s. Time to at least give a few more of these lads a chance. If they make it, great. If not, at least it shows others they will get a chance at Hibs.

soproni1
04-04-2014, 08:37 AM
All good players but I think we have decent players just now. Its a question of whether they fit Butchers style.

FWIW I think that Ryan Dow is quality - terrorised us and Hearts in the space of a couple of weeks

Weststandwanab
04-04-2014, 08:37 AM
With the odd exception (Kello when Williams signs for Sellik) I would prefer signings came from Englandshire - In Steve I trust

Hibs90
04-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Scott Vernon,
Ryan Dow
Sam Nicholson
Kris Boyd
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Graham Carey
Murray Davidson
Kenny McLean

:wink:

Cameron1875
04-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair and Sam Nicholson. Be exciting to watch them fly down the left wing :agree:

happiehibbie
04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
I would take Craig Gordon, or Marion Kello, take a punt on Darnel Fisher,

you can bet your bottom dollar on a BIG center forward for the hoof ball we play

Spoke to a few in the know they say that SM is a very hard working scout and will pick up good players

Celtic are watching Sam Stanton though :(

Dashing Bob S
04-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Murray Davidson was availabe on a free at the end of last season. He waited and waited to see what his options where. He had NONE and ended up having to sign a new 1 year deal with St J. Wouldn't. E breaking the bank to get him, that's for sure.

Just one of the many on that list whom it would have been a good idea to sign five years ago, but a terrible one now.

Keith_M
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I believe Barca had a number of players in mind that will now be available to us.

As far as I understand it, it was a flurry of E-Mails from concerned Hibs Fans to FIFA that managed to scupper their wrongdoing :wink:

eggbamyasi
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Its a complete waste of space bringing in new players, they will have to train at east mains and that ruins them. :wink:
lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jim44
04-04-2014, 10:38 AM
In my opinion, with football teams, as in other walks of life, the old cliché, ' the whole should be greater than the sum of its parts ' is important. Unfortunately, for several years, this has not applied to HFC. Of-course there's a place for talent and individuality but too much of it can be counter-productive and teams, you would expect to do better, often don't because somehow their talents don't bond together to create a successful unit. On the other hand, a team with fewer individual talents yet with enough ability to contribute to a united effort, can often succeed. For example, I would put the present Man Utd. in the first category and Butcher's ICT in the second. Maybe it's the manager who is the vital catalyst but not necessarily. Some unknown quantity or quality that you can't quite put your finger on is the missing link. What I'm trying to say in a clumsy round about way is that, we could sit for hours picking and choosing this player and that player from 'available' lists, based on how good a player he is or has been, but in the end the parts might not add up to a united whole. That's Hibs for you. We always expect them to do better but they rarely do. What's our missing link?

Ozyhibby
04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
I think we should let all 13 of our out of contract players go and replace them with 6 high quality signings.
More quality, less quantity please Terry.

Centre Hawf
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I think we should let all 13 of our out of contract players go and replace them with 6 high quality signings.
More quality, less quantity please Terry.

Agreed.

Then dip into the youngsters if we have injuries or suspensions. Im a fan of Maybury as a professional but we need to stop calling on the likes of him who hasn't played for 4/5 months over someone like Andrew Black.

easty
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Celtic are watching Sam Stanton though :(

If Celtic are watching our players then East Mains is doing it's job.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Agreed.

Then dip into the youngsters

Too Jamboesque for my liking!

Aldo
04-04-2014, 03:54 PM

I'm sure He suffered a bad injury a few months back.

SteveHFC
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Russell Anderson
Barry Robson
Nicky Low
Bahrudin Atajic
Darnell Fisher
Gavin Gunning
Ryan Dow
Jamie MacDonald
Sam Nicholson
Nick Ross
Ross Draper
David Raven
James Vincent
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Stephen McManus
Keith Lasley
Shaun Hutchinson
Stevie Hammell
Paul Gallacher
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Graham Carey
Murray Davidson
Steve MacLean
Paul McGowan,
Steven Thompson,
Kenny McLean
Marian Kello,

Please :greengrin

number9dream
04-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Barry Robson
Gavin Gunning
Ryan Dow (maybe)
Nick Ross*(if comp is affordable)
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Stephen McManus
Shaun Hutchinson
Stevie Hammell
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Graham Carey
Murray Davidson
Alan Mannus
Paul McGowan
Marian Kello

Those are the only ones i'd like to take at Hibs as I think taking those players would actually be the buildings of a top 6 side you just have to add in the likes of our Harris and Stanton etc.

Given that we have a lot of players out of contract and Butcher will probably move loads on I want to see HUGE changes.

A lot of wishful thinking going on there...
Some of those players will have their sights set higher than Hibs - Gunning, Hutchinson, Taylor-Sinclair will all fancy their chances of a decent move. Add a Kenny McLean to that list.
Mannus signed a new deal at St J. McManus & McFadden likely to stay at Well, Dons will keep Robson.
The only other Scottish team Boyd would sign for is a possible return to Rangers, if they can afford it. Another £500 a week isn't going to make a difference to a guy that's already set for life.
That leaves Kello, who is a good keeper, McGowan, who should be in jail for attacking coppers, Carey, who looks a player but couldn't hold down a starting place at St Mirren or Ross County and Davidson, who is injured.

We might have to look further afield for new recruits.

HH81
04-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Lee Grogory. Looking for move to full time football.

Top scorer in Conf I think. Strong and can hold ball up and can finish. Worth a go?

Big Ed
04-04-2014, 06:26 PM
all out of contract at end of season , a few have left already lists from around jan /feb 2014 . * means under 23 so small fee needed.

Aberdeen
Russell Anderson, Barry Robson, Nicky Weaver, Josh Magennis, Scott Vernon, Chris Clark, Nicky Low*, Craig Murray*.
Celtic
Georgios Samaras, Joe Ledley, Steven Mouyokolo, Lewis Toshney*, Bahrudin Atajic*, Patrik Twardzik*, Darnell Fisher*
Dundee United
Morgaro Gomis, John Rankin, Gavin Gunning, Ryan Dow, Marc McCallum*, Dale Hilson*.
Hearts
Jamie Hamill, Jamie MacDonald, Dylan McGowan*, Gary Oliver*, Mark Ridgers, Callum Tapping*, Sam Nicholson*.
Hibernian
James McPake, Ben Williams, , Kevin Thomson, Paul Cairney, , Tom Taiwo, Alan Maybury, Ross Caldwell**, Danny Handling*, Dean Horribine*, Paul Grant*.

Inverness CT

Nick Ross*, Ross Draper, David Raven, Conor Pepper*, James Vincent, Curtis Allen, Liam Polworth*, Matthew Cooper*, Ben Greenhalgh* (one-year option), Nick Draper*.

Kilmarnock

Kris Boyd, David Silva, Sammy Clingan, James Fowler, Darren Barr, Jeroen Tesselaar, Ismael Bouzid, Mark O’Hara*.

Motherwell

James McFadden, Stephen McManus, Keith Lasley, Shaun Hutchinson, Stevie Hammell, Lee Hollis, Ross Stewart*, Lee Erwin*.
Partick Thistle

Isaac Osbourne, Paul Gallacher, Ross Forbes, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Mark Kerr, Steven Lawless, Christie Elliot.

Ross County

Richie Brittain, Rocco Quinn, Stuart Kettlewell, Scott Boyd, Mihael Kovacevic, Mark Brown, Brian McLean, Steven Saunders, Michael Fraser, Graham Carey, Gary Glen, Steven Ross*, Ben Gordon, Darren Maatsen, Alex Cooper*, Branislav Mimic.

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson, Steve MacLean, Alan Mannus, Nigel Hasselbaink, Patrick Cregg, Steven Anderson, Gary Miller, Frazer Wright, Rory Fallon, Liam Caddis*, Steve Banks*.

St Mirren

Paul McGowan, Steven Thompson, Kenny McLean*, Gary Teale, Marian Kello, Jim Goodwin, Danny Grainger, David van Zanten, Darren McGregor, Lee Mair, Chris Dilo, Mo Yaqub*, Anthony Brady*.

I would take nicky low, and nick ross also that greenhalgh looks a prospect, few more on there might be worth a shot . ryan dow , gunning and Hutchison would be nice but out our budget I would guess ,

The ones in bold are the ones I would happily take.

Aldo
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Lee Grogory. Looking for move to full time football. Top scorer in Conf I think. Strong and can hold ball up and can finish. Worth a go?

62 goals in 99 games. 25 years old. 6ft 2.

It wouldn't surprise me if SM has had him on his radar.

Seen a few conference game and some no bad players.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Marian Kello
Josh Meekings
Graeme Shinnie
Kallum Higginbotham
Lyle Taylor
Franck Moussa
Luke Prosser
Scott Hogan
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Kris Boyd
Gavin Gunning
Murray Davidson
Paul McGowan
Shaun Hutchinson

SteveHFC
04-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Marian Kello
Josh Meekings
Graeme Shinnie
Kallum Higginbotham
Lyle Taylor
Franck Moussa
Luke Prosser
Scott Hogan
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Kris Boyd
Gavin Gunning

Add Matt Done to the list ;)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Add Matt Done to the list ;)

:greengrin

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Marian Kello Josh Meekings Graeme Shinnie Kallum Higginbotham Lyle Taylor Franck Moussa Luke Prosser Scott Hogan Aaron Taylor-Sinclair Kris Boyd Gavin Gunning

Boyd - in a minute
Shinnie - see Boyd
Gunning - See Shinnie

I think we have discussed Hogan, Moussaka and Prosser before BMD players that would enhance our team however it will all depend on how much Uncle Rodders loosens the purse strings. Also add that wee bit of quality.

I do expect us to sign some not so well know players.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2014, 07:09 PM

We got Clayton Donaldson from the Conference and he was widely castigated on here IIRC. Totally unfairly IMO.

HH81
04-04-2014, 07:15 PM

Went to game other day v Luton to have a look, scored a good goal. cool finish.

heretoday
04-04-2014, 07:21 PM
We got Clayton Donaldson from the Conference and he was widely castigated on here IIRC. Totally unfairly IMO.

Donaldsons career has gone by leaps and bounds since he left ER. Funny how that often happens!

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Indeed. Has scored 90 odd goals in nearly 250 appearances since leaving us.

Good return IMHO.

And agree never given a chance on here.
I also have a slight suspicion that some on here may be disappointed at the non household names signed by TB in the summer.

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Went to game other day v Luton to have a look, scored a good goal. cool finish.

Scored a few goals. Has a bit of quality bout him.
Maybe a big step up for him from part time to Full time.

We'll see come the summer

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Good return IMHO.

I also have a slight suspicion that some on here may be disappointed at the non household names signed by TB in the summer.

Non household names does not bother me, I'm also not really interested in who they have played for and even less interested in how they played, only interested in how they perform for Hibs. I will judge new signings on performances, not price tags, not reputations,not previous clubs just performances. I have been let down too many times by "good" players coming to us and not performing.

HH81
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Scored a few goals. Has a bit of quality bout him.
Maybe a big step up for him from part time to Full time.

We'll see come the summer

Heard sheffield united after him.

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Non household names does not bother me, I'm also not really interested in who they have played for and even less interested in how they played, only interested in how they perform for Hibs. I will judge new signings on performances, not price tags, not reputations,not previous clubs just performances. I have been let down too many times by "good" players coming to us and not performing.

Couldn't agree more SH. But you know what folk on here are like.

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Heard sheffield united after him.

There are loads of players that could make us a better team IMHO. BMD made mention of a few names playing down south that would enhance and add defo quality to our team.

Looking forward to the summer tbh.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Couldn't agree more SH. But you know what folk on here are like.

:agree: I'm really hoping we unearth a few unknowns who will shine at Hibs, I know the mere mention of an unknown will bring out some folk in a panic with claims that Hibs should be signing "names".

Aldo
04-04-2014, 07:50 PM
:agree: I'm really hoping we unearth a few unknowns who will shine at Hibs, I know the mere mention of an unknown will bring out some folk in a panic with claims that Hibs should be signing "names".

Yip. I'd really want a team next season and not individuals.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Boyd - in a minute
Shinnie - see Boyd
Gunning - See Shinnie

I think we have discussed Hogan, Moussaka and Prosser before BMD players that would enhance our team however it will all depend on how much Uncle Rodders loosens the purse strings. Also add that wee bit of quality.

I do expect us to sign some not so well know players.

:agree:

nribs
04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Lee Grogory. Looking for move to full time football.

Top scorer in Conf I think. Strong and can hold ball up and can finish. Worth a go?
"@TransferSpoiler: A host of championship clubs including Blackburn, Burnley, Sheff W, Leicester, Barnsley & Millwall are tracking Halifax striker Lee Gregory"

SMAXXA
04-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned shinnie, he's a cert but will have options down south that May price us out.

Aldo
05-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned shinnie, he's a cert but will have options down south that May price us out.

Would take him in a minute but agree re being priced out. Think he is contracted to 2015 so a fee would be required unfortunately.

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2014, 08:34 AM

Good return IMHO.

most likely but they need to open on the first day of the transfer window with a decent signing to get the interest going again

Aldo
05-04-2014, 09:47 AM
most likely but they need to open on the first day of the transfer window with a decent signing to get the interest going again

Decent might not be Best if the last few years are to go by. Quite a few unknowns sort to speak will have been watched.

I will say Kris Boyd or Shinnie would be excellent starts (but won't hold my breath).

Northernhibee
05-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Unless we get Jamie Hamill from that list we stand no chance. :agree: