PDA

View Full Version : Can we still relegate Hearts

dangermouse
03-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Apologies if already posted but after last night's draw with the sheep the Famous are still clinging on by their fingernails 18 points adrift with 18 to play for. Assuming they win their next two and St Mirren lose their next two I think we could put the final nail in the coffin when they visit Easter Road.

Tall order, they are away to Partick with St Mirren at home to Motherwell this week and the following sees them host Ross County while we visit the Buddies.

Can it still happen?

Steve20
03-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Partick will beat them this weekend.

Jones28
03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Dont count on it

Off the bar
03-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm clinging to the hope that they go on a winning run, St Mirren go on a losing streak, they manage to get into the play off spot, win the play off . . . .

and are then liquidated.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

dangermouse
03-04-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm clinging to the hope that they go on a winning run, St Mirren go on a losing streak, they manage to get into the play off spot, win the play off . . . .

and are then liquidated.

That would be most amusing. Almost hope it could happen but that would mean them winning at Easter Road :bitchy:

Diclonius
03-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Even if we can, we won't. So everyone just stop it.

Waxy
03-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Even if we can, the ref and linesman wont let us.

Spike Mandela
03-04-2014, 03:34 PM
It is in our interests for Hearts to win the next two games and St Mirren to lose the next two games. If that happens we can go in to the derby in the knowledge we are safe and can and will relegate them.:cb

California-Hibs
03-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Being negative is no way to live life, much better results come from being positive. Hibs to win just like we did last time against them at Easter Road!

Pete
03-04-2014, 03:48 PM

You have your orders people.

Fight your urges to be positive (default position for a football fan) and wallow in self pity, acting like part of a pathetic, subjugated group who have lost all hope when it comes to facing up to their rivals.

:thumbsup:

VivaHiberņa
03-04-2014, 04:02 PM
We're going to pump this time. Just like the last four. WE REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME. WE PROMISE.

6-0. Collins and Stevenson hat-tricks.

We relegate them.

"Believe."

hibbill2002
03-04-2014, 04:07 PM

Its no they two that won't let us.

Wheat Hound
03-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Stop it. Just stop it now.

Golden Bear
03-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Right now I'm more concerned about my own team's SPL survival prospects.

HH81
03-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Awful awful decision. That been said the Hibs players were crap most of the game. People seem to havr forgot that.

Mikey
03-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Awful awful decision. That been said the Hibs players were crap most of the game. People seem to havr forgot that.

Och no, I think we've been reminded once or twice :greengrin

greenpaper55
03-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I just hope we have picked up a point or three before that game and other results go for us then maybe we can relax a bit and play some football, it has been done you know.

Waxy
03-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Awful awful decision. That been said the Hibs players were crap most of the game. People seem to havr forgot that.i think its time football started using television evidence for major decisions.Every top league has camaras at games now.There's too much at stake money wise now to rely on dodgy officials.Bet the yams would vote against this if it came to a vote.My faith in the fairness of Scottish officials has gone.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
All the talk of relegating them is embarrassing now. Don't expect anything from Hibs other than to be let down, as always.

greenpaper55
03-04-2014, 05:04 PM
All the talk of relegating them is embarrassing now. Don't expect anything from Hibs other than to be let down, as always.

Exactly, lets do the talking on the pitch, by the way will the Hearts be favourites for this game ?.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Exactly, lets do the talking on the pitch, by the way will the Hearts be favourites for this game ?.

Dunno. But they certainly play like they are when it comes to us.

rcarter1
03-04-2014, 05:17 PM
If St Mirren lose to Motherwell (likely), and Hearts beat Partick (possibly), then it gets interesting again. If we were then to beat St Mirren (possibly), and Hearts were to beat Ross County (possibly), we would be nearly safe, and needing only a draw in the derby to send them to the lower planes.

If St Mirren are 2to3 on to lose to Well, Hearts 2to1 to beat Partick, Us 2to1 to beat Saints, and Hearts 2to1 to beat Ross County then the overall odds of this happening are about 44 to 1.

If our chances of getting a draw or better vs Hearts are pessimistically even money, then its a 89 to 1 shot that we relegate Hearts.

DH1875
03-04-2014, 05:26 PM
We can only relegate them IF we beat St Mirren the week before so here's hopening it'll be a party all round :)

Course it works the other way as well. IF St Mirren beat us then a yams win in the derby, more than likely sees us in the playoff spot :(

Feed McGraw
03-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Lets hope we can. We will need a linesman that can spot a ball two yards over the goal line or spot a defender coming out two yards behind the rest of his defence, they can`t be hard to find surely ? If we can find one it will give us a better chance of beating and hopefully relegating them.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
It is in our interests for Hearts to win the next two games and St Mirren to lose the next two games. If that happens we can go in to the derby in the knowledge we are safe and can and will relegate them.:cb

Then it's a win win for us ,that's if f we can find a way to Win of course :rolleyes:

emerald green
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM

and are then liquidated.

:faf:

emerald green
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Agreed. This would be brilliant. Can only dream. :agree:

leggeto
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
More likely they could send us to the playoffs

mutley
03-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I can't see where our next win is coming from, never mind against them!

Saorsa
03-04-2014, 08:49 PM
I think we should now concentrate on no relegating ourselves, never ****in' mind them. Who the **** are this lot going tae get points off?

Ronniekirk
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
I think we should now concentrate on no relegating ourselves, never ****in' mind them. Who the **** are this lot going tae get points off?
Your sounding more desperate than usual But with one win in 13 games and team not looking confident think even Butcher must be thinking the same thing .He needs to try something new as whatever he has been doing isn't working .

Sir David Gray
03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
They'll be relegated by the time we play them on the 27th.

We had our chance last Sunday and blew it. End of story.

We just need to concentrate on picking up enough points ourselves to avoid the play off spot.

Robinho08
03-04-2014, 09:32 PM
No, we would bottle it again.

clerriehibs
03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
We couldn't nail them even when we had outstanding players ... see this report (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-derby-draw-spares-relegation-for-a-few-days-1-3357768?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite) from 1977.

A couple of points of interest; a crowd of <11000; Sloop is wearing a bukta shirt and umbro shorts.

Jim44
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Kris Boyd said that Killie need 6 points to avoid the play-offs. We're only one point above them but some on here have said that a couple of draws would see us safe. Wishful thinking, methinks.