PDA

View Full Version : Can Collins play at centre half?

spike220
03-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Taking inspiration from the other thread; Can Collins play at centre half? Could he be converted? If any could Butcher could!

3pm
03-04-2014, 07:30 AM
No!

greenlex
03-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Taking inspiration from the other thread; Can Collins play at centre half? Could he be converted? If any could Butcher could!
Ha ha. He is 6 inches smaller when he jumps than when he is standing. He thinks jumping ifs achieved by opening his mouth wide. He has won about half a dozen headers during his Hibs career. Aye he would be fine back there. He could always go up for the corners and set pieces.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2014, 07:39 AM
People say we are not using his strengths, and he's not a target man. Well stick him back there, he'd certainly be targeted then.

spike220
03-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Perhaps we could try to play the Dutch 'total football' system!

Judas Iscariot
03-04-2014, 08:42 AM
lol

Jones28
03-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Lets just have every player swap position every 5 minutes and rotate round.

Ben Williams as a striker and Paul heffernan in goal sounds like a good starting point.

easty
03-04-2014, 11:11 AM
If we move him back to centre half then we should definitely make a move to bring David Stephens back as a striker.

Waxy
03-04-2014, 11:14 AM
We could use him to......... Na thats cruel.

KeithTheHibby
03-04-2014, 11:36 AM
I won't be back until I see Lewis at right back and Nelson employed as a marauding left winger.

Keith_M
03-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Shouldn't the question be...

Can Collins play at Centre Forward?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Jeez...

Waxy
03-04-2014, 01:05 PM
A striker who doesn't score goals.To be fair it's the whole teams fault. All we can do is get behind them all for the remainder.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Everytime he receives a pass he travels 30m towards our goal to get it under control. Be a bit dangerous if he was starting in defence.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-04-2014, 03:53 PM
We could copy the volleyball approach which is to move one position in a clockwork direction when a point is won. Then again, our players wouldn't be ****ing moving very often

confused
03-04-2014, 05:48 PM

Should the Full Stop /? not have been after the first three words ?

rcarter1
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Everytime he receives a pass he travels 30m towards our goal to get it under control. Be a bit dangerous if he was starting in defence.

:tee hee: :top marks

leggeto
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM

could he not just play on the bench

happiehibbie
03-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I have stuck up for collins in the past but i have ran out of excuses or have I

loan striker, ball played high and into corners, but the million dollar question how many chances do we create in a Match ??

I do not think collins is the answer spoke to several pro,s who say he is not good enough thats good enough for me TBH.. Could he play centre Half. Playing facing the game is much easier than playing with your back to goal. many players have started as a striker and moved to the back Yogi was one of them.

I really don't see us winning a game between now and the end of the season TBH

leggeto
03-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I have stuck up for collins in the past but i have ran out of excuses or have I

loan striker, ball played high and into corners, but the million dollar question how many chances do we create in a Match ??

I do not think collins is the answer spoke to several pro,s who say he is not good enough thats good enough for me TBH.. Could he play centre Half. Playing facing the game is much easier than playing with your back to goal. many players have started as a striker and moved to the back Yogi was one of them.

I really don't see us winning a game between now and the end of the season TBH

time for a change of username then

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM

That question has long since been answered.

happiehibbie
03-04-2014, 08:00 PM
time for a change of username then

Oh I have heard that before (Banter at its best) don't give up the day job

leggeto
03-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Oh I have heard that before (Banter at its best) don't give up the day job

lol sorry dude,had to say it

Centre Hawf
04-04-2014, 04:02 AM
That headed clearance during the derby is enough to sell this idea for me. See you all on Monday, I'm looking forward already.

hibee_girl
04-04-2014, 06:55 AM
I actually think Collins would be better in midfield, he does all the dirty work well but because he's meant to be a striker it all goes unnoticed because of how bad he is in front if goal lately!

SouthamptonHibs
04-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Collins is an awful footballer at SPL level! Best place for him is the stand with the rest of us supporters.
Offers nothing
1. Goals = few and far between
2. Decent shots = nearly all scuffs or ballooned over the bar
3. Pace = slow/average
4. Target man = can't win a header
5. First touch = terrible
6. Dribbling skills = none
7. Awareness on the park = none
8. Poachers instinct = none
9. Unseen work 10/10
10. Hard graft 9/10

matty_f
04-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Collins is an awful footballer at SPL level! Best place for him is the stand with the rest of us supporters.
Offers nothing
1. Goals = few and far between
2. Decent shots = nearly all scuffs or ballooned over the bar
3. Pace = slow/average
4. Target man = can't win a header
5. First touch = terrible
6. Dribbling skills = none
7. Awareness on the park = none
8. Poachers instinct = none

But apart from that he's pretty decent. :greengrin

ekhibee
04-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I actually think Collins would be better in midfield, he does all the dirty work well but because he's meant to be a striker it all goes unnoticed because of how bad he is in front if goal lately!
I actually heard somebody saying that when coming back from a game recently. I don't know if that would be such a bad idea, if, and it's a big if, Butcher could make the player adapt. Collins is a piss-poor striker, of that I have no doubt. But in the games I have seen him he does work hard and covers a fair amount of ground, if his game could be adapted there might be something that the manager could work with, but to be honest I would be fairly surprised if Collins is here next season so there probably wouldn't be enough time to try something like that in any case.

Chump
04-04-2014, 06:06 PM

Why Butcher....what on earth has he done in his time to suggest he has a magical touch with any of the squad. He appears not to have a clue about his XI or set up. As for bringing on CH's....for someone who achieved what he did in his career at CH he has failed miserably in his role so far to get the best out of what we have. He can't even see that Nelson and McGivern are so far off 'footballers' as you and I probably are!!

madsen5
05-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Should that not be can Collins play ? .