PDA

View Full Version : Grays Mill

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm sitting here listening to normally sensible men telling youngsters in their teens how much better Hearts have been over the last dozen years or so than Hibs.

As they teeter on the edge of relegation the realisation still isnae there.

Come on, just kill their club, they just don't get it.

Frazerbob
03-04-2014, 07:06 AM
They have been better than us over the last 12 years...... And we all know why!

CraigHibee
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm sitting here listening to normally sensible men telling youngsters in their teens how much better Hearts have been over the last dozen years or so than Hibs.

The fall out from this "success" has been laid flat out for all to see, although they have won a couple of cups and beaten us a good few times, i wouldnt class near liquidation or relegation a success, they are just getting what they deserve for cheating

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2014, 07:58 AM

They have been better than us over the last 12 years...... And we all know why!

Their fans have become complete idiots since they started spending other peoples money, i have a couple of mates who are of the gimp persuasion.

Two of the nicest blokes you can meet, and they still are to this day. Yet don't get them onto talking about football, especially the gimps. They would not change a thing, they have seen their club do some wonderful things, and to win the cup and have so many trip in Europe, it has been worth every minute (so far) of their troubles.

Would some of us think the same, i'm pretty sure we would. This whole thing has a wee bit to go before it all pans out, and the full extent of what the consequences have been.

Just throwing this out there, and forget the green spectacle glasses for a minute, but if this was Hibs we were talking about.

Would any of us think it would have been worth it, for 3 Scottish cup wins, some great European trips and of course 5-1? I mean this could still go their way, and they could be out of trouble and perhaps back in the SPFL in a couple of seasons if they just get relegated?

If that was the scenario that was to happen, i'd imagine they will all be thinking it was worth every minute, but it could go the other way of course, and the big L could lose them everything, and for me that would have been worth it. :greengrin

easty
03-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Their fans have become complete idiots since they started spending other peoples money, i have a couple of mates who are of the gimp persuasion.

Two of the nicest blokes you can meet, and they still are to this day. Yet don't get them onto talking about football, especially the gimps. They would not change a thing, they have seen their club do some wonderful things, and to win the cup and have so many trip in Europe, it has been worth every minute (so far) of their troubles.

Would some of us think the same, i'm pretty sure we would. This whole thing has a wee bit to go before it all pans out, and the full extent of what the consequences have been.

Just throwing this out there, and forget the green spectacle glasses for a minute, but if this was Hibs we were talking about.

Would any of us think it would have been worth it, for 3 Scottish cup wins, some great European trips and of course 5-1? I mean this could still go their way, and they could be out of trouble and perhaps back in the SPFL in a couple of seasons if they just get relegated?

If that was the scenario that was to happen, i'd imagine they will all be thinking it was worth every minute, but it could go the other way of course, and the big L could lose them everything, and for me that would have been worth it. :greengrin

I've been saying to my hearts supporting mates for ages that if they don't get liquidated then it was worth it for them.

In 50 years when they can tell their grand-kids about their favourite ever games, nobody is going to care about a Hibby popping up and going "but you's spent all that money that wasnae even yours".

I want them gone. In the years to come when they bang on about 5-1 I want to be able to say to them "hold on a minute while I pop in to the Tesco where the PBS used to be, so I can get some tissues to dry my eyes ya dick.":greengrin

HappyAsHellas
03-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Ramunas Jablonskis woke up on a cold April morning in Vilnius. It took a minute or so to uncurl his frozen body, trying desperatley to rub some warmth into his aching hands. He notices the shoes of the passers by, and they reflect the austere times they are living in. His is not the only footwear tied together with some old string and insulated with polythene bags. He sits up in his doorway and tries to take stock of his life. He had a job, a wife and family, a nice little house and then he was sideswiped. A bolt out of the blue. No money. Bank collapsed. No job, country in turmoil.
You can of course, take a lot from a man, but you cannot wipe out his memories or dreams. That one game of football – 5 f***ing 1. No, he wouldn't change a thing.

© Yammary Fuddlips 2014.

TowerHibs
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM

I've been asking myself this too - would it be worth it if Hibs were in this situation. I think there is a lot to be proud about having built up the stadium and EM. The last 7 years will turn out to be a massive chance wasted to really move the club onto a level of challenging every year.

Thinking of the money i have personally spent following Hibs with very little to cheer. What i would say and i think it is a massive difference between us and them - having been beat in finals, i have still managed to have a cracking night out after. Can only imagine what it would have been like had we won. Being almost 30, i would have seen 3 cup wins, travelled around Europe watching the cabbage and loved every second. So in that respects, propbably would be worth it.

However, if Hibs had bumped chairties, small businesses and their own fans i'm not sure i would be able to support them again. It is blatant cheating (think if Hibs had a 10th of the money hearts owed), morally wrong and goes against everything the sport and the club was built on. I would like to think if Hibs had signed David Obua on £11k a week, we would be asking how we could afford it and demanding more transparency for OUR club. Hibs are still OUR club. Hearts fans loast their club many years ago

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Ramunas Jablonskis woke up on a cold April morning in Vilnius. It took a minute or so to uncurl his frozen body, trying desperatley to rub some warmth into his aching hands. He notices the shoes of the passers by, and they reflect the austere times they are living in. His is not the only footwear tied together with some old string and insulated with polythene bags. He sits up in his doorway and tries to take stock of his life. He had a job, a wife and family, a nice little house and then he was sideswiped. A bolt out of the blue. No money. Bank collapsed. No job, country in turmoil.
You can of course, take a lot from a man, but you cannot wipe out his memories or dreams. That one game of football – 5 f***ing 1. No, he wouldn't change a thing.

© Yammary Fuddlips 2014.

I like the cut of your jib. :top marks