PDA

View Full Version : Locke

Green Cabbage 7
02-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I have seen the incident with sparky, and he has been cited for this, but I am sure Gary Locke at the end of the derby, goes past the forth official thumping his chest and throwing his fists in the air which is fair enough, but not when your doing it to opposing fans (us),should he also be cited, I seem to remember mixu getting sent to the stand for much less.

lyonhibs
02-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I have seen the incident with sparky, and he has been cited for this, but I am sure Gary Locke at the end of the derby, goes past the forth official thumping his chest and throwing his fists in the air which is fair enough, but not when your doing it to opposing fans (us),should he also be cited, I seem to remember mixu getting sent to the stand for much less.

No, absolutely not. Jesus, are we such wee lambs that we can't tame a wee chest pump on the chin (so to speak)

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2014, 08:23 PM

He didn't do it to the Hibs fans, he was doing it to his own.

He was swearing, though... which, although understandable to most fitba fans, is IMO probably more offensive than what Sparky did.

bigwheel
02-04-2014, 08:40 PM

It was to his own fans...and frankly, fair play to him - they turned us over - in an important emotion fuelled game....that's the sort of passion I want to see on the pitch in a green jersey...

Hibernia Na Eir
02-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Locke's an immature, uneducated Twat.

best ignored.

lapsedhibee
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM

No he shouldn't. I'd be embarrassed if a Hibs manager carried on like that, but it wasn't offensive at all.

scuttle
02-04-2014, 09:07 PM
No he shouldn't. I'd be embarrassed if a Hibs manager carried on like that, but it wasn't offensive at all.

What abut Fenlons gesture at the cup final ?

lapsedhibee
02-04-2014, 09:13 PM
What abut Fenlons gesture at the cup final ?

Embarrassing. (Though I personally wasn't offended by that either.) Managers shouldn't behave like fans - I can't think of a really good manager who does, or did. Fenlon should have behaved more funereally that day, as it was the day we died as a club.

Hibs Class
02-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Locke shouldn't be cited, Sparky shouldn't have been cited either.

Coco Bryce
02-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Locke's an immature, uneducated Twat.

best ignored.

He's a Hearts fan. Nothing wrong with showing some passion. Our mob show absolutely nothing.

SaulGoodman
02-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Our team is so pish boo hoo I'm going to state it on every thread I can.

stoneyburn hibs
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
He's a Hearts fan. Nothing wrong with showing some passion. Our mob show absolutely nothing.

Aye, nail on head

Diclonius
03-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Maybe that kind of passion is why they win derbies.

scott7_0(Prague)
03-04-2014, 08:42 AM

Whilst i see the punishment bizarre to say the least about LG, but why are we defending a Celtic player....:dunno:

Captain Trips
03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Wish we could be in a position to actually be bothered with Locke.

jacomo
03-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Whilst i see the punishment bizarre to say the least about LG, but why are we defending a Celtic player....:dunno:

Celtc player involved in a Hibby-themed incident. :wink:

More broadly, this kind of nonsense really gets to me. So what if LG likes to sing a non-offensive, factual correct song? So what if Locke gives it the fist pump? So what if Rudi Skacel likes to act the panto villian?

Football is being sanitised far too much and it's killing it.

Keith_M
03-04-2014, 11:04 AM
What a ludicrous argument. The big bad boy celebrated beating his local rivals, saving his team the humiliation of being relegated by them. How do some people sleep at night.

Onion
03-04-2014, 11:31 AM
IMHO of all the people involved in the Yam debacle, Locke is the one who comes out of this with some dignity and respect. I used to think he was just another arrogant Hearts fud, and he probably was/still is, but he has in the main been professional and respectful to others while trying to manage the impossible. His team was staring down the barrel on Sunday and he managed to set them up and motivate them to the point where they completely outplayed TBs duds for the first 35. He earned the right to celebrate at FT and we should just let it go.

He's still a knob, mind you ;)

ancient hibee
03-04-2014, 04:21 PM
There seems to be a never ending queue in this country of people wanting to be offended either on their own part or on behalf of someone else.

patch1875
03-04-2014, 04:27 PM
I speak to him fairly often never has a bad word to say about hibs he just loves doing the job he does.

Still a jambo welt though.

givescotlandfreedom
03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
IMHO of all the people involved in the Yam debacle, Locke is the one who comes out of this with some dignity and respect. I used to think he was just another arrogant Hearts fud, and he probably was/still is, but he has in the main been professional and respectful to others while trying to manage the impossible. His team was staring down the barrel on Sunday and he managed to set them up and motivate them to the point where they completely outplayed TBs duds for the first 35. He earned the right to celebrate at FT and we should just let it go.

Ashamed to say I feel the exact same :hide:

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Surprised this had taken this long to surface. I think we'd be a bit petty to react to it. Fairs fair, it was a big game, and he was entitled to his moment.

At the same time, he's hardly made himself look employable elsewhere. I actually thought joining the pundits on the pitch afterwards kind of said he's just a small town lad that is a bit out of his depth.

It was a bit like his performance in 1998, when he practically grabbed the Scottish Cup out of Fultons hands. It was cringeworthy, the way he insisted on being joint captain.

emerald green
03-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Spot on. I just want some of the same mentality at Hibs.

H18Y GW
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Spot on. I just want some of the same mentality at Hibs.

This Heart is still beating pish but after another crock of **** from us,he had every right...

I really cant believe the Stoosh over either.