PDA

View Full Version : The 81% game

Mon Dieu4
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Just watching the Bayern V Man Choo game and checked the stats at 37 minutes, now this is all one way traffic and it's showing as 80% possession to Bayern, can't think of a more one sided game I've seen possession wise.

Having been steaming at the 81% game and having never watched the whole of it back again! did we really hold on to the ball as much as Bayern have been? If so that is a more impressive feat than I first thought

Hibercelona
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
We tore Hearts apart in that game. Chance after chance, they couldn't get anywhere near us and somehow they escape with a 1-0 defeat. (Rob Jones header)

It was 1-0 going on 10-0 :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually it wasn't a header, he scored with his foot from a break in the box after a corner.

Mon Dieu4
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
We tore Hearts apart in that game. Chance after chance, they couldn't get anywhere near us and somehow they escape with a 1-0 defeat. (Rob Jones header)

Im going to have to get a copy of it and watch it all back again or stop drinking!!

R'Albin
01-04-2014, 07:31 PM
I seem to remember there being a full upload of that game. Does anyone know if it is and, if so, where it is?

Kato
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Was that the game where Zaliukas tried to dance the Polka with Jones every time we got a corner?

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I seem to remember there being a full upload of that game. Does anyone know if it is and, if so, where it is?I had it uploaded on youtube in 8 parts as a playlist, my account didnae allow me tae put it up as a whole. That youtube account nae longer exists though.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:37 PM
There's extended highlights on the cup final DVD. I was on the edge of my seat all through the match just waiting on them getting their standard bit of luck or refereeing decision. When I watched it when I got in I couldn't believe I was concerned.

Anihilated them 1-0 - wasn't a header from jones though?

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Was that the game where Zaliukas tried to dance the Polka with Jones every time we got a corner?

Probably but then that happened in every single game. Never for one free kick/penalty surprisingly...

frazeHFC
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM

I don't remember this game at all. Or is it the one where it sat up for Jones and he volleyed it into the top corner, as opposed to a header?

CallumLaidlaw
01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I remember bring at the game and constantly saying to my dad that hearts are bound to come into it at some point. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was then expecting the usual late sucker punch, but it never came

Danderhall Hibs
I don't remember this game at all. Or is it the one where it sat up for Jones and he volleyed it into the top corner, as opposed to a header?

Volley's what I remember - more down the middle than top corner though.

Saorsa
There's extended highlights on the cup final DVD. I was on the edge of my seat all through the match just waiting on them getting their standard bit of luck or refereeing decision. When I watched it when I got in I couldn't believe I was concerned.

Anihilated them 1-0 - wasn't a header from jones though?correct, it was from a corner and hammered in from close range.

Glory Lurker
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM
I couldn't believe that game. I went home disappointed that we'd only scored the one.

Mon Dieu4
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM

The goal is genuinely the only thing i remember about the game, will need to dig the Cup DVD out again

Kato
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
correct, it was from a corner and hammered in from close range.

There was a photo of the goal and there was at least three fouls taking place, all on Hibs players including Jones.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
The goal is genuinely the only thing i remember about the game, will need to dig the Cup DVD out again

I remember Brown being through and his shot just skipping past the post. Other than that I do t remember much either.

Think the DVDs due to come out if the attic again just to educate my daughter on how Hibs played before she started going.

bigwheel
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I think that was Collins first game as manager ..

Hermit Crab
01-04-2014, 07:47 PM

Edit: Actually it wasn't a header, he scored with his foot from a break in the box after a corner.

Gordon even got a hand to it.

R'Albin
01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I had it uploaded on youtube in 8 parts as a playlist, my account didnae allow me tae put it up as a whole. That youtube account nae longer exists though.

I guess you could make a new YouTube account :wink:

stantonhibby
01-04-2014, 07:56 PM

He did it every game but the one I recall being even worse than usual was the game after the CIS win. Tried to swap shirts with Jones before the game ended.

01-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Never seen hibs be so dominant in a derby, we absolutely rang rings round them that night. We were fantatic, scoreline really doesn't do it justice, it literally should have been about 5 or 6 at least!

BoltonHibee
01-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Means **** all if you don't score

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 08:01 PM
I guess you could make a new YouTube account :wink:I could but each clip is between 130 MB & 150 MB and it would take ages tae up load again, so no at this time I'm afraid :wink:

frazeHFC
01-04-2014, 08:04 PM

Yep, meant to type roof of the net. :tee hee:

R'Albin
01-04-2014, 08:10 PM
I could but each clip is between 130 MB & 150 MB and it would take ages tae up load again, so no at this time I'm afraid :wink:

You should just get new Internet then :rolleyes: :greengrin

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
You should just get new Internet then :rolleyes: :greengrinNothing wrong with my internet connection :wink: Takes ages because it only lets you upload one at a time and then they have tae be processed. Apart form that I dinnae really want another youtube account :greengrin

LaMotta
01-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I remember Brown being through and his shot just skipping past the post. Other than that I do t remember much either.

Think the DVDs due to come out if the attic again just to educate my daughter on how Hibs played before she started going.

The brown chance sticks out....couldnt belive he didnt score was a bit of a sitter albeit after some great work to get the chance.
Vague memories of Shelton Martis playing well and looking composed and Boozy having a phenomenal game.

jacomo
01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I think that was Collins first game as manager ..

It was. And I'm not sure a Hibs manager has ever been as well dressed!

The most one-sided 1-0 I've ever seen. Hibs utterly dominant.

#FromTheCapital
01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
I was at this game but struggling to remember it. It's something that really gets on my nerves. Whenever we do beat them it's always a nail biter at the end, how can we never give them a proper doing? Think it's been about 9 years since we last beat them by 2 goals or more. Then we have Sunday and the worst hearts team in memory manage to get a 2-0 win against us, albeit that was solely because of incompetent officials. We just don't get the breaks against that mob.

LaMotta
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Pedant alert........Collins first game as manager was at home to Killie in a 2 all draw the previous Saturday.