PDA

View Full Version : McPake, When is he back?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Anyone know when he will be back fit? Will he get a chance to play?

Elephant Stone
01-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Think the last I read he was doing jogging in some kind of anti-gravity machine, if that was recently then I'd guess he'll be a while away yet.

Keith_M
01-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Think the last I read he was doing jogging in some kind of anti-gravity machine, if that was recently then I'd guess he'll be a while away yet.

So he's in the International Space Station?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2014, 05:16 PM

A swimming pool

Ozyhibby
01-04-2014, 05:20 PM
He's rubbish anyway. With the possibilty of another Derby still to come I'd rather he didn't.

Elephant Stone
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM

Something like that. Here he is:

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article3190292.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS33015320-3190292.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-star-james-mcpake-training-3190288

scoopyboy
01-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Anyone know when he will be back fit? Will he get a chance to play?

I would be amazed if he played for Hibs again.

Thecat23
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I would be amazed if he played for Hibs again.

Said it god knows how long ago mate. As you prob know he was told to pack it in. No danger will he play again for Hibs. Shame as the guy has heart but for the sake of himself he should look after his body.

I think he played a huge part in keeping us up and his injury made him try to hard and he was hurting himself diving into tackles. Good lad but I'd like to see him in a coaching role.

scoopyboy
01-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Said it god knows how long ago mate. As you prob know he was told to pack it in. No danger will he play again for Hibs. Shame as the guy has heart but for the sake of himself he should look after his body.

I think he played a huge part in keeping us up and his injury made him try to hard and he was hurting himself diving into tackles. Good lad but I'd like to see him in a coaching role.

A few of posted about James last year and he took umbrage at it.

Nobody wished him any harm and we all wanted to see him back playing again but I'm not sure it was ever going to happen.

When a top London doctor won't give you any more injections and you have to go to Dublin to get them then it is time to think long and hard.

He has to think long term about what could happen IMO and I certainly wouldn't grudge him a coaching role.

A guy who can say he gave us everything he had.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Please, don't ask...:confused:

Weststandwanab
01-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I would be amazed if he played for Hibs again. More chance of me playing for hibs again..... or at all.

Nobody wished him any harm and we all wanted to see him back playing again but I'm not sure it was ever going to happen.

When a top London doctor won't give you any more injections and you have to go to Dublin to get them then it is time to think long and hard.

He has to think long term about what could happen IMO and I certainly wouldn't grudge him a coaching role.

A guy who can say he gave us everything he had. I take umbrage at Hibs most weeks but I just need to take it on the chin.

rcarter1
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM

A guy who can say he gave us everything he had.

I agree that he had real determination and was a fighter. A coaching role would be good if he can transfer that to the players. The injury situation was a real blow as his reputation suffered badly. Another thing he could do as a coach is to warn the players that reading hibs.net is not likely to be good for their morale!

Ozyhibby
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Is there any evidence that he can coach? Why would we give him a coaching role? Has he done his coaching badges? Does he have any previous experience?
Do we have a vacancy for a coach that needs filled?
Maybe get rid of Malpas for McPake?
Is that what your thinking?

CRAZYHIBBY
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Hes finished imo.....just another waste of a wage that we could use elsewhere

mutley
01-04-2014, 09:34 PM
I forgot we still had him!

stevejordan
01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
is his contract up at the end of this season ?

Eyrie
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
is his contract up at the end of this season ?

Yes - there is no prospect of him getting anywhere near the number of games that would trigger an extension for next season.

Ronniekirk
01-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes - there is no prospect of him getting anywhere near the number of games that would trigger an extension for next season.
Would be madness to think of keeping him and he will be on decent money so that is one wage that can pay for one of T B s top signing Targets I would imagine .

stevejordan
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Petrie must be been counting now

edinburghhibee
01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
James and thommo are both two of our top earners and I wouldn't think either will be here next season so that's a large chunk off our wage bill for better/more suited players. I have to admit tho I feel for McPake as he was my fav player when he came to us on loan and was the reason we stayed up. I wish him all the best and thank him for all his efforts regardless of where that might be.

RIP Bestie
02-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Maybe best for me to stay out of this one! It just upsets some folk on here.:brickwall

FitbaFolkKen
02-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Is there any evidence that he can coach? Why would we give him a coaching role? Has he done his coaching badges? Does he have any previous experience?

What's your issue? The guys career is likely looking to be over and all you can do is call him rubbish and question whether or not he has any coaching credentials. I would imagine that the reason it has been suggested that some would like him to be on the coaching staff is because of his attitude, because of how he brought the club together when he arrived, because of the way he passionately talked about Hibs and not letting Hearts roll over us. He was our Captain and helped us in a very dark time, there is absolutely no need for the disparaging remarks, he hasn't been the same since he got injured and that's unfortunate because he comes across as a winner and that's exactly the type of character we need in the dressing room and in the team.

The Green Goblin
02-04-2014, 02:52 AM
No matter what happens, I for one would wish him all the best. He at least spoke out and tried to do something about what was happening which means he cared about the club. If some of the other players did likewise, we might not be in as bad a situation as we are. Agree with the previous poster too- totally no need for the remarks that put him down.

WellingtonHibby
02-04-2014, 02:54 AM
What's your issue? The guys career is likely looking to be over and all you can do is call him rubbish and question whether or not he has any coaching credentials. I would imagine that the reason it has been suggested that some would like him to be on the coaching staff is because of his attitude, because of how he brought the club together when he arrived, because of the way he passionately talked about Hibs and not letting Hearts roll over us. He was our Captain and helped us in a very dark time, there is absolutely no need for the disparaging remarks, he hasn't been the same since he got injured and that's unfortunate because he comes across as a winner and that's exactly the type of character we need in the dressing room and in the team.

Nothing disparaging about what the boy said. He stated the bald facts. You dont get a coaching job out of sympathy - you get it as you have the credentials and there is a need for you. I dont think, i could be wrong, that James has the requisite badges/experience to warrant doling out a job to just because he is a nice guy.

FitbaFolkKen
02-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Nothing disparaging about what the boy said. He stated the bald facts. You dont get a coaching job out of sympathy - you get it as you have the credentials and there is a need for you. I dont think, i could be wrong, that James has the requisite badges/experience to warrant doling out a job to just because he is a nice guy.

Was more in reference to the first post stating he is rubbish anyway and that he would rather he didn't come back.

Brightside
02-04-2014, 06:32 AM

I think the guy is just asking is their any evidence he can coach? We need coaches that can improve the skills of our players, we really dont need changing room cheer leaders.

Fergos
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Some franky embarrassing comments on here by those keyboard coaches who know so much about the beautiful game.....unreal.

James was a catalyst for us not getting relegated when he initially came in, yes he lost form but tell me what player at Hibs hasn't over the last 7 years....he committed to the cause and positively contributed at least initially and had the best intentions.

Rather than throw some almost illeterate dissing (hes pish et al) at the man I for one wish him all the best and a speedy recovery....it's the right and very Hibs thing to do.

GGTTH

Brightside
02-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Some franky embarrassing comments on here by those keyboard coaches who know so much about the beautiful game.....unreal.

James was a catalyst for us not getting relegated when he initially came in, yes he lost form but tell me what player at Hibs hasn't over the last 7 years....he committed to the cause and positively contributed at least initially and had the best intentions.

Rather than throw some almost illeterate dissing (hes pish et al) at the man I for one wish him all the best and a speedy recovery....it's the right and very Hibs thing to do.

GGTTH

Hang on.... the majority of people are just asking the qn Is he qualified to become a coach? There is always an assumption that ex players can just become coaches. If he wanted to become a coach he certainly has had plenty time over the last few years.

Thecat23
02-04-2014, 07:54 AM
To clear anything up I was just saying i think he has the personality to become a coach. He seems determined and focused and that bides well for me in a management role.

I've no idea if he has any badges for it and I wouldn't give him a job for the sake of it no. Just saying if he has I'd like to see him do well in the game. Let's not forget guys he did play a huge role keeping us up no matter what you think of him.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2014, 08:16 AM

I put up the same reply every time I see someone suggesting we give a coaching job to a senior player. I would say the same if it was Messi you had suggested. Coaching and playing are not the same job.
I also have not heard of a vacancy at Hibs, so if we are to employ McPake, which coach do we get rid off? Or do we create a new post and take the money out the player budget?

On McPake the player, I do think he is a poor player. His positioning is awful which often results in the last gasp tackles which seem to be the basis of his popularity.
A good defender stays on his feet as much as possible, otherwise you are out if the game. That's not something you could say about James McPake.
His decision to head the ball at knee height in the league cup derby sums this up. The ball went straight to a Hearts player and as he was still lying on the ground he was a spectator as Stevenson got a free shot at goal.
When he is not diving in and lying on the ground he back of players a ridiculous amount. Watching him back off Rudi Skachel in the cup final, allowing him the space to turn and place his shot still hurts me to think about.
So yes, I do think he is a poor player who we should never have signed. Especially as he had a pre existing back problem.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I'll just add that I also wish him all the best and that if he goes on to a successful coaching career then I hope we get him back.
:-)

FitbaFolkKen
02-04-2014, 10:41 AM
I put up the same reply every time I see someone suggesting we give a coaching job to a senior player. I would say the same if it was Messi you had suggested. Coaching and playing are not the same job.
I also have not heard of a vacancy at Hibs, so if we are to employ McPake, which coach do we get rid off? Or do we create a new post and take the money out the player budget?

On McPake the player, I do think he is a poor player. His positioning is awful which often results in the last gasp tackles which seem to be the basis of his popularity.
A good defender stays on his feet as much as possible, otherwise you are out if the game. That's not something you could say about James McPake.
His decision to head the ball at knee height in the league cup derby sums this up. The ball went straight to a Hearts player and as he was still lying on the ground he was a spectator as Stevenson got a free shot at goal.
When he is not diving in and lying on the ground he back of players a ridiculous amount. Watching him back off Rudi Skachel in the cup final, allowing him the space to turn and place his shot still hurts me to think about.
So yes, I do think he is a poor player who we should never have signed. Especially as he had a pre existing back problem.

I've got no issue with questioning his credentials as a coach as you need qualified people in there. It was more the throwaway he's rubbish hope he doesn't get fit in your initial post I found disrespectful. I agree with a lot of what you say but I'm positive mcpake wishes it had gone differently too. There was a real buzz when we signed him.

FitbaFolkKen
02-04-2014, 10:41 AM
I'll just add that I also wish him all the best and that if he goes on to a successful coaching career then I hope we get him back.

See that wasn't so hard ;)

Ozyhibby
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I've got no issue with questioning his credentials as a coach as you need qualified people in there. It was more the throwaway he's rubbish hope he doesn't get fit in your initial post I found disrespectful. I agree with a lot of what you say but I'm positive mcpake wishes it had gone differently too. There was a real buzz when we signed him.

I didn't say I hope he doesn't get fit, I said I hope he doesn't get the chance to play for us.
I don't rate him as a player.

Jonnyboy
02-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Maybe best for me to stay out of this one! It just upsets some folk on here.:brickwall

:greengrin You know it makes sense :greengrin

emerald green
02-04-2014, 07:15 PM
No matter what happens, I for one would wish him all the best. He at least spoke out and tried to do something about what was happening which means he cared about the club. If some of the other players did likewise, we might not be in as bad a situation as we are. Agree with the previous poster too- totally no need for the remarks that put him down.

Agree with this. :agree:

jdships
02-04-2014, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;3952560]He's rubbish anyway. With the possibilty of another Derby still to come I'd rather he didn't.[/QUOTE

:thumbsup::agree:
" Tried and found guilty m'lord "

merritthibees
03-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Jonathan Todd ‏@JonathanDJTodd (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd) Mar 11 (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd/status/443415883952955392)
@JamesMcPake6 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6) good to hear sir! you feel like you will be ready to play again soon?

James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake6 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6) Mar 11 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6/status/443476365200068609)
@JonathanDJTodd (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd) yes mate. Not far away at all now

This is from his twitter… sure he said its now been 2-3 weeks of full training with the squad so he’s getting their… ill get pelters for this but, I would love to see him playing again. We have missed him and need a player like him back in the defence. He always gave his all and if we are getting him back up to scratch then i for one will welcome him back. :jmcp:

3pm
03-04-2014, 10:11 AM
At the end of the day, he can only make a decision with all the facts in front of him. If he says he wants to play knowing there is a possibility of him doing further damage it's his call.

So, if he is fit in his own mind then put him in.

Elephant Stone
03-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Jonathan Todd ‏@JonathanDJTodd (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd) Mar 11 (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd/status/443415883952955392)
@JamesMcPake6 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6) good to hear sir! you feel like you will be ready to play again soon?

James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake6 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6) Mar 11 (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake6/status/443476365200068609)
@JonathanDJTodd (https://twitter.com/JonathanDJTodd) yes mate. Not far away at all now

This is from his twitter… sure he said its now been 2-3 weeks of full training with the squad so he’s getting their… ill get pelters for this but, I would love to see him playing again. We have missed him and need a player like him back in the defence. He always gave his all and if we are getting him back up to scratch then i for one will welcome him back. :jmcp:

I hope he gets another chance as well. He was brilliant when we had him on loan and, barring the League Cup derby, he was been a good captain for us. If he can regain long term fitness then I think he we should keep him, whether he can do this is obviously a concern.

GreenArmyyy!
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM

This 100%.

lord bunberry
03-04-2014, 11:13 AM

I'd love a fit James Mcpake back in our team, our situation is not that dissimilar to the season he first came on loan.

hibeeleicester
03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Mcpake will be liked by Butcher :agree:

flash
03-04-2014, 01:02 PM
After what we have been watching recently a fit McPake would look like Maldini.

J-C
03-04-2014, 01:57 PM
I think his back is goosed but would welcome him back for the last few games, need a bit of grit at the back

Lucius Apuleius
03-04-2014, 05:49 PM

Don't see why not. Plenty people on here with no football management experience apart from FM reckon they would be better managers and coaches :wink:

Ozyhibby
03-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Don't see why not. Plenty people on here with no football management experience apart from FM reckon they would be better managers and coaches :wink:

Fair point.

Centre Hawf
04-04-2014, 03:03 PM
In my personal opinion i hope to god he gets released in the summer. Poor defender who was needed at the time for his commitment and dedication but if we want to move forward he can't be a part of it.

McSwanky
04-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Something like that. Here he is:

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article3190292.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS33015320-3190292.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-star-james-mcpake-training-3190288

He looks really like James McPake in that picture.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 04:19 AM
@JamesMcPake6: my only aim i am concentrating on is to be back playing for Hibs.

Well said, captain:jmcp:

GreenLake
07-04-2014, 05:09 AM
I was not that thrilled by him in his last games but considering what has been on display lately, I'm looking forward to his return. He at least exudes the impression he gives a ****.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Didn't realise him and his wife are having another baby. No wonder his back is done in:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2014, 06:25 AM
He's never going to be fit enough to come right back in this season in my opinion, he's been out way too long and would need a pre season to get up to speed. And he will be released in the summer, so i dont see him back at all for us.

Saying that a fit James McPake in my opinion would walk into this back 4 at the moment, christ i'd give Nelson a run for his money.:rolleyes:

--------
07-04-2014, 10:06 AM
He had a serious back injury, which is why he wasn't playing well.

He's now received the treatment he needed to receive, and he's coming back to full fitness.

This means that Butcher will be able to assess him properly in training, and perhaps (if Hibs manage to avoid a last-day cliffhanger against Killie to avoid the play-offs which wouldn't be the sort of game you'd risk a guy just back from a long lay-off, I'd say) might just get a seat on the bench and a few minutes back on the field before the close of the season.

I for one would be delighted for him if that happened.

The James McPake we saw when he first arrived at the club would be a useful player to have around the club and in the team - I'd have thought.

The guy can play - the question was always his fitness and long-term health.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 10:08 AM
He had a serious back injury, which is why he wasn't playing well.

He's now received the treatment he needed to receive, and he's coming back to full fitness.

This means that Butcher will be able to assess him properly in training, and perhaps (if Hibs manage to avoid a last-day cliffhanger against Killie to avoid the play-offs which wouldn't be the sort of game you'd risk a guy just back from a long lay-off, I'd say) might just get a seat on the bench and a few minutes back on the field before the close of the season.

I for one would be delighted for him if that happened.

The James McPake we saw when he first arrived at the club would be a useful player to have around the club and in the team - I'd have thought.

The guy can play - the question was always his fitness and long-term health.

:agree: A proper leader and cares about the club.

Amit
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM
:agree: A proper leader and cares about the club.

Not what I heard. This happen a while back. Some Hibs players have been doing physio work at a council swim centre in East Lothian with a highly qualified physio. McPake came out and made a stuck up comment about the facilities and how they were not good enough etc meanwhile a youth player also directed a few really poor comments to said physio. Paul Hanlon was also there and said to the youth to shut up and get on with his physio session.

Whatever Hanlon lacks in ability he makes up for his professional attitude. McPake is finished and with that attitude can do one as far as i'm concerned. Really disappointed when I heard this tonight.

Albion Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Not what I heard. This happen a while back. Some Hibs players have been doing physio work at a council swim centre in East Lothian with a highly qualified physio. McPake came out and made a stuck up comment about the facilities and how they were not good enough etc meanwhile a youth player also directed a few really poor comments to said physio. Paul Hanlon was also there and said to the youth to shut up and get on with his physio session.

Whatever Hanlon lacks in ability he makes up for his professional attitude. McPake is finished and with that attitude can do one as far as i'm concerned. Really disappointed when I heard this tonight.

I lost any respect I had for McPake when he took a sly kick at higdon and then proceeded to get the biggest bullying I have ever seen on a football pitch, it was embarrassing, much the same as his attitude would appear to be. I suspect he will end up back at livingston.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2014, 10:52 PM

this :agree: but he certainly carried us in his early career as a hibs player, which is what probably done his back in