PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions

hibee_girl
01-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Maybury & Haynes suspended for Monday, McGivern suspended for 1st game after the split.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/suspension-worries-mount-for-hibs-play-off-battle-1-3360038

greenpaper55
01-04-2014, 11:57 AM
That is not a blow, especially Big Mac.

erskine-hibby
01-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Brooster
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Thats a bonus, I thought Haynes was only out for one game.

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 12:24 PM
None of them being out worries me, particularly McGivern on his current woeful showings.

The Sea-gull
01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
None are big losses but the mere fact that Maybury has been playing just shows how stretched the squad is and when this happens it is better to have a full compliment to choose from even if they are all poor. Amoung other things, Fenlon really made an erse of the right back situation this season. He already knew Clancy was injury prone and Maybury was close to finishing so he should have signed a more proven player than Fraser Mullen as back up.

I still don't really know WTF happened in the January window. What a waste of time the signings of Haynes and in particular Boeteng have been. We have been unfortunate with Watmore being injured but even if he had played every game, one young player is never going to make a difference on his own. The squad needed freshened with a couple of experienced players and we still had a top 6 place and the Scottish cup to go for when the window ended. It just showed a complete lack of ambition and disregard for the rest of this season which may yet bite us on the bum big style. It is almost as if folk at the club thought "if we get top 6 fine, cup run great but we're not going to bust our balls chasing it". I suspect it was thought that we could do it with a couple of loanees and if we didn't the worst we would get would have been top end of the bottom 6 mediocraty. Doubt they bargained for a play off fight.

I have read that there was money but Butcher wanted to keep it for the summer. Maybe he thought the loanees would be enough but it just doesn't sit right with me. Terry seems like an ambitious guy and surely he would have wanted to get a couple in. I honestly think he wanted Rooney and the board just hasn't backed him enough. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe there wasn't the money there but tat sort of signing would have I am sure made the outlay back in time. How much money has not making that sort of signing lost us in terms of not making top 6, cup run and dwindling crowds and, if we were to go down, the decisions made in January are nothing short of disasterous.

gegs70
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
None are big losses but the mere fact that Maybury has been playing just shows how stretched the squad is and when this happens it is better to have a full compliment to choose from even if they are all poor. Amoung other things, Fenlon really made an erse of the right back situation this season. He already knew Clancy was injury prone and Maybury was close to finishing so he is should have signed a more proven player than Fraser Mullen as back up.

I still don't really know WTF happened in the January window. What a waste of time the signings of Haynes and in particular Boeteng have been. We have been unfortunate with Watmore being injured but even if he had played every game, one young player is never going to make a difference on his own. The squad needed freshened with a couple of experienced players and we still had a top 6 place and the Scottish cup to go for when the window ended. It just showed a complete lack of ambition and disregard for the rest of this season which may yet bite us on the bum big style. It is almost as if folk at the club thought "if we get top 6 fine, cup run great but we're not going to bust our balls chasing it". I suspect it was thought that we could do it with a couple of loanees and if we didn't the worst we would get would have been top end of the bottom 6 mediocraty. Doubt they bargained for a play off fight.

I have read that there was money but Butcher wanted to keep it for the summer. Maybe he thought the loanees would be enough but it just doesn't sit right with me. Terry seems like an ambitious guy and surely he would have wanted to get a couple in. I honestly think he wanted Rooney and the board just hasn't backed him enough. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe there wasn't the money there but tat sort of signing would have I am sure made the outlay back in time. How much money has not making that sort of signing lost us in terms of not making top 6, cup run and dwindling crowds and, if we were to go down, the decisions made in January are nothing short of disasterous.

Was it not more that the players he wanted he couldn't get either injured or their form improved? Although we lost out on Rooney as he didn't want a loan deal!!

Blaster
01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
The budget was gone for this season due to Fenlon and also compensation to inverness. There was nothing left in the tin to get better in and unfortunately that's the reality

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 12:59 PM
The budget was gone for this season due to Fenlon and also compensation to inverness. There was nothing left in the tin to get better in and unfortunately that's the realityas the money was squandered by and on colin deadwood the time before. Mair money wasted paying for Petrie's mistakes and repeated mistakes.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 01:02 PM
If only we could have had another 6 or 7 out, we might have been able to get the next couple of games called off!

Blaster
01-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Totally agree. My point was more the fact that butcher should not be judged on his January signings as his hands were tied tighter than recent managers in the January windows

SaulGoodman
01-04-2014, 01:19 PM
If only we could have had another 6 or 7 out, we might have been able to get the next couple of games called off!

If we had another 6 or 7 out Butcher could play the youngsters. At least they'd try.

Diclonius
01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Good news.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Don't particularly want to see McGivern again.

Chuck boetang or gardiner in there. Even big jones at CH and Lewis at Lb.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

ronaldo7
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
We might just see Baptie and Black sooner than we think then.:aok:

emerald green
01-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Maybury & Haynes suspended for Monday, McGivern suspended for 1st game after the split.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/suspension-worries-mount-for-hibs-play-off-battle-1-3360038

No great loss any of them. Our U20s are top of their league. Give one or two of them a chance.

Borderhibbie76
01-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Slightly miffed McGivern is only banned for 1 match...he is just awful

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Del Boy
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Hope youngsters get and take their chance and I never have to see McGivern play for my club again.

Given the poor displays since the turn of the year I can't believe Butcher hasn't already given some of these young guys a chance.

number9dream
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Was it not more that the players he wanted he couldn't get either injured or their form improved? Although we lost out on Rooney as he didn't want a loan deal!!

Murphy suddenly came on to a game with Sheff Utd as soon as it was leaked we were after him - as for Rooney - a loan doesn't show as much faith as Aberdeen weighing in with a 2.5 year deal does it?
The wage costs of the three Jan loans would have been better spent trying to get one of the young lads from Falkirk. It's a difficult window but not a particularly inspiring start from wonder scout Marsella... Hopefully, we have a few lined up for the summer.