PDA

View Full Version : Season 2013/14 - how well have you been entertained?

theonlywayisup
31-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Think about the season so far. How well have you been entertained by Hibs during the games watched at ER or away?

On a score of 1 (no entertainment at all) to 10 (fully entertained, can't wait for the next installment), how would you score it?

theonlywayisup
31-03-2014, 07:11 PM
3 - very little entertainment. Only highlight being the New Year Derby. Struggling to remember any other highlight!

Bostonhibby
31-03-2014, 07:12 PM
A reluctant 2 and if it wasn't for the yams circus sideshow Id have said a big fat zero.

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Entertained? Is that a serious question?

marinello59
31-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Why not just change the title of the thread to 'Let's wallow in more misery.''
One look at the league table answers your question. Nobody in their right mind is going to say anything other than it's been a poor season.

lord bunberry
31-03-2014, 07:14 PM
What a pointless poll this is going to be, everyone who has eyes can see we've been terrible all season, do we really need a poll to confirm it.

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 07:15 PM
I voted 2 which may be a tad harsh, but only a tad. The 2-1 vs Hearts was pretty fun, the 2-0 game vs St Mirren was decent enough, and the 1-1 vs Celtic was a good old scrap. Missed one or two others like the 5-3, but the rest I went along to were by and large awful, dull or both.

Billychaotic182
31-03-2014, 07:15 PM
I can't really comment to much on this as I've only been to 2 games this season. Aberdeen away and Hearts at home when we won. I've watched every game that's been on tv.

But really not at all. Being a hibs fan has became more of a habit than something I enjoy. I work weekend so to get to games I have to book the weekend off and travel down from Aberdeen. I really don't feel like it's worth the bother these days. I really have fallen out of love or my club. But I know I'm just hurting and if the feel good factor comes back I'd make more of an effort.

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 07:16 PM
When was the last year there was any entertainment, never mind this season.

theonlywayisup
31-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Entertained? Is that a serious question?

Yep! And the response will, I think, send a clear message that as a support we are not happy. I can take the lack of success if I am being entertained. I cannot and will not accept lack of success and lack of entertainment.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2014, 07:20 PM
The Malmo trip was as good as it got for me.

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I voted 2 which may be a tad harsh, but only a tad. The 2-1 vs Hearts was pretty fun, the 2-0 game vs St Mirren was decent enough, and the 1-1 vs Celtic was a good old scrap. Missed one or two others like the 5-3, but the rest I went along to were by and large awful, dull or both.

theonlywayisup
31-03-2014, 07:24 PM
One look at the league table answers your question. Nobody in their right mind is going to say anything other than it's been a poor season.

What a pointless poll this is going to be, everyone who has eyes can see we've been terrible all season, do we really need a poll to confirm it.

No likey, no votey, no postey!

Bostonhibby
31-03-2014, 07:28 PM
No likey, no votey, no postey!

:agree: I tried to vote again when I realised this was just about Hibs and the entertainment I had for my time and money this season. On reflection I wanted to make my 2 a 1 but couldn't.

DaveF
31-03-2014, 07:30 PM

Ach, leave us miserable buggers alone :greengrin

I enjoyed the New year game and actually cheered loudly when we went 3-2 up v Motherwell.

So a 2 from me :greengrin

Up The Bracket
31-03-2014, 07:32 PM
New year derby, St Johnstone away in September, Partick in October, Celtic at home in October and Ross County away x2 were all fantastic. Aside from them we haven't really had much to shout about however

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Minus 10.

Yes I'll be back next season to do it all again.

Cannae wait! :aok:

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 07:37 PM
3 - very little entertainment. Only highlight being the New Year Derby. Struggling to remember any other highlight! I would agree with that.

leggeto
31-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll give 10 for when our own took out the jambo invasion on our turf,but the football side 2,not a good season

down-the-slope
31-03-2014, 07:42 PM
:faf: entertained :faf:

Malthibby
31-03-2014, 07:45 PM
10, but then my favourite box set is The World at War.
I like it grim.
GG

Killiehibbie
31-03-2014, 07:47 PM
A big fat zero and apart from Griffiths not much in recent seasons.

Boyle89
31-03-2014, 07:52 PM
2- the amount of games I've seen us win. (Killie away and hearts at home). Just another season that I hope to forget as soon as it's finished.

Fenriz
31-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Highlights have been fed and far between. Stevenson's goal vs Kilmarnock and the New Years derby were my favourites, both of which occurred within the space of a few days! The Stranraer game was pretty entertaining too.

Argylehibby
31-03-2014, 08:03 PM
10/10 for the Brian Rix farce we call defending but 2 for the rest of the play.

31-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Been another grim and disappointing season where once again we find ourselves i the wrong half of the table. Only highlight was the New year derby win in a packed out Easter Road - great night but unfortunately thats the only real joy we have had this season, the rest has been poor.

The Gorf
31-03-2014, 08:27 PM
When was the last year there was any entertainment, never mind this season.
What about the half time entertainment with the kids with 10 seconds to beat the goalie? That's about as much entertainment as we've had.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2014, 08:33 PM
2 or 3.

Mainly thanks to the Celtic draw, New Year Derby and the 2nd half half v Motherwell lately.

Steven_Hibs
31-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Can I vote for SNP?

McKenzie
31-03-2014, 08:40 PM
What's entertainment? Can you get that at Hibs games? How much does it cost?

Smartie
31-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Enjoyed the New Year derby and was faintly optimistic after the Killie game just before Christmas but other than that it's been gash.

Hoofball, humiliating derby defeats, pitiful home form, embarrassing cup exits x3, atrocious form of unexciting new signings, more managerial upheaval.

The other day I was getting nostalgic about Duffy's team - imagine watching Rougier, Charnley, Harper, McGinlay, Lavety and Crawford and compare it to what we have now. That says it all.

Far and away the least enjoyable season I have ever had as a Hibs fan and I can't wait for it to be over. I've had a season ticket for about 16 years and was largely coerced into it the past 2 years with the promise of Cup Final tickets. I haven't renewed and can't imagine what can happen between now and the start of next season that will coax me back next year.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2014, 09:49 PM
It really has been the worst. Last season was totally gash and yet amazingly it now looks like a barrel of laughs in comparison. Last season there was the cup run, Sparky, top of the table in Nov, Motherwell away, Killie away in the cup, Falkirk semi. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd be looking back nostalgically at a 7th place finish. This season has been utterly grim from the very first minute in Malmo. One derby victory against the shannest Hearts team ever is literally the only highlight. Brutal

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I voted 6 since it is the first season for a long time I have been able to see so many Hibs games. I missed watching the team and being aware of what was going on in the league. Might not have been so entertained if I had been as in touch as most of you, and I will want much more next season.

SteveHFC
31-03-2014, 10:54 PM
The Malmo trip was class but the rest of the season has been **** :agree:

andrew70
01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Malmo trip was class, minus the result, from there on in it has been somewhat poor.

Our best performance of the season, i'd say, was at home to Killie but that was more about effort, grit and application than skill, talent and appreciation.

All in all, nothing to write home about and MUST DO BETTER next year.

Keith_M
01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
For those interested, the current average (70 voters) is 2.98.

Killiehibbie
01-04-2014, 02:36 PM
For those interested, the current average (70 voters) is 2.98.
Take away the comedians that mistakenly pressed 10 and you get closer to the truth.

The Sea-gull
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Certainly been treated to some comedy defending, passing and shooting.

New Year derby was great for atmosphere but was not a great game nor a particularly great Hibs performance. It was ok but you have to remember how poor the opposition were and we still only just beat them.

Only games I can think of where we played some semi decent stuff for a decent portion of the game and dominated were the Killie 3-0 between Xmas and New Year and the St Mirren 2-0 in September, both at ER. Wins at Ross County in league and cup were commendable given how we have tended to fair up there, as were away wins at Perth and Killie.

Particularly bad performances/results- Raith in cup, three derby defeats, ICT defeats home and away, Dundee U at home, Partick away twice (even the game we won was a horrible performance), bore draws with Ross Co, Partick and St J at home as well as St M away and defeat to them at home where the first half cost us and was probably as bad as we have been all season.

All in all, one of my least enjoyable seasons since I first remember going to watch Hibs from 1988 onwards. I know a lot on here who go further back will have seen a lot worse but for me in that 25 years or so from the late 80s this has been one of the worst.

Hibercelona
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Well lets say that 3 is on par with watching paint dry. I've voted 2.

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2014, 08:50 PM
If by entertainment you mean in a slapstick comedy sort of way then it has to be a 9 or 10.

If not I have based my score on being bored shoitless week in week out with the odd exception of being entertained by some of the witty responses from our fans to witnessing the ******, for that reason alone I have gone for a 2.

capitals_finest
01-04-2014, 08:55 PM

I have a season ticket and have only been to half the games this season. Sorry to say it but I m bored of it all.

Saturdays Hero
01-04-2014, 11:13 PM

I have a season ticket and have only been to half the games this season. Sorry to say it but I m bored of it all.

2 for me.....Stanton being the only positive this season.....over to you TB.