PDA

View Full Version : Will you miss the Derby?

Waxy
31-03-2014, 06:53 PM
I wont.I'm sure they will as it's been alot better to them.
Good riddance for now anyway, maybe forever.If they do come back after some years it will hopefully be a whole new era.
One where the luck has turned in our favour.Will you miss the Edinburgh derby?

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I'll miss them like a hole in the head.

Hibernia&Alba
31-03-2014, 06:58 PM
No, I ****ing won't. Not when we can't compete - not even against a team of kids - and continually have our ***** handed to us.

scuttle
31-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Maybe a bit premature with this thread mate

The_Horde
31-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Yes. I'll miss the derby. Why? Because there are no other games that get me excited and interested for 90 minutes.

If hibs are actually decent next season then I won't miss hearts. But if we have another pants season I really fear for attendances.

gaz1875
31-03-2014, 07:04 PM
I hate the Derby with a passion, the build up in particular, we are always going to turn them over. About time we done the talking on the park and not in the papers.

Mr White
Yes I'll miss the derby. Beating hearts is brilliant, both victories last season and the new year one this season were very satisfying. Sure it's torture when we flop in these games and defeats are hard to take but I'm always optimistic we'll make amends next time.

Keith_M
Maybe a bit premature with this thread mate

That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe a good idea to leave that kind of question until we're definitely not going to be in the same league as them.

Ronniekirk
31-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I wont.I'm sure they will as it's been alot better to them.
Good riddance for now anyway, maybe forever.If they do come back after some years it will hopefully be a whole new era.
One where the luck has turned in our favour.Will you miss the Edinburgh derby?

An interesting question would be if we don't win a game between now and the next Derby at Easter Rd which theoretically is a possibility will we sell out our allocation, Just to wave them goodbye ,or will fans not go in case they beat us again for fourth time this season (which just doesn't bear thinking about ) As I missed that one I will probably want to go but the above scenario would certainly make me think twice given how poorly we are playing

Glory Lurker
31-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm bothered by the loss of the derby because of its possible financial impact. It is rich(!) that we're going to have a bit of a hit in the wallet because of the way they've conducted themselves in the past. It is only right that they suffer the consequences of their behaviour, though, so I can live with that.

What I would like to think is that, whenever our paths cross again, we meet up with a Hearts that has learnt a little humility. I've always hated them, but pre-Romanov I did respect them. If they come back with a soul then it'll be great to have the derbies back and I'll hope that they go on for years to come. 'Til then, though - stuff 'em.

Steve20
31-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I wish I could miss it. But we won't be missing any derbies. Four more next season.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Until yesterday, I would have told you I'd miss the derby. Now I'm thankful they'll be gone so we can have a year or two to grow a spine and get our **** together for when we next play them.

If we can do that, anyway.

Eyrie
31-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Every derby turns out the same - two poor teams play badly and whoever wants it more scrapes a win. Sadly that usually means them.

So there is little to be missed.

AndyM_1875
31-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Ask me now and the answer is no. Fed up with us being pathetic in them.

Ask me in a years time when they're struggling to get out of the Championship via a play off with Rangers having tied up that league and I may give you a different answer......

Maybe

SuperAllyMcleod
31-03-2014, 07:36 PM
If you look back to the late sixties and the seventies Hibs held the upper hand during that time. It was only after 4 seasons without them that Hearts came back with a new attitude to these games.

I hope that we can do something similar - while they are away on their travels we need to replace the entire squad and build a team with a lot more steel and resolve. A team of players who have never suffered the humiliations of the past and can go into the games knowing that Hearts cannot, and will not, fight harder than Hibs.

I believe Butcher can do this for us but this summer is going to be huge for him - the fans expectations are great but the honeymoon period is over and they need to get a decent start next season - and be in the Premiership!

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I went to the game yesterday, and it was my 6th game this season. I have not missed going each week, it has been very easy in fact much easier than i'd thought it would be.

The standard of football i have witnessed over the last few seasons has contributed greatly to the way i think now, and i know i don't miss the normal games now, and the derbys games are much the same now.

So no, i'd not miss them at all.

basehibby
31-03-2014, 08:36 PM
The derbies are full of passion - on both sides. I absolutely love when we win them but it's torture when we lose. I know our record in them stinks and I have a sickly aversion to the sight of celebrating Yams, but there really is nothing else in the fixture calendar that will get the blood up in the same way - so yes I'll miss them (hopefully!).

Pretty Boy
31-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I will.

Fair enough Hibs usually lets us down. But it's the 1st game I look for in the fixture list and there's not many better feelings in football than beating them.

Brooster
31-03-2014, 08:44 PM
will fans not go in case they beat us again for fourth time this season

Is that a serious question?

CraigHibee
31-03-2014, 08:54 PM
i will miss the derby but i won't miss the fact that we seam to fall apart against that mob and let even their worst team beat us!, hopefully by the time bidco/maroonco come back up our team might have grown a back bone!

Ronniekirk
31-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Is that a serious question?
Yes I .would want to go to last derby of season and see us beat them,but if we go into that game on back of continued poor form I would think twice about going as can't be bothered going to another disappointing Derby .just wondered if others were thinking that same way or whether folk thought we would sell out on basis it's last Derby for a while if we can stay up .

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I'll miss them. The atmosphere and buzz around the city is great and you can have good banter and a good chat with about 95% of hearts fans. It's been us on the end it most of the time but now things are a bit more even financially, it should even it self out...I hope.

I grew up with enough of them to know that extreme views and hatred, such as that displayed by the internet hard men, are not the norm. I've fell into the trap myself of saying things about them that are over the top because I can. I used to drink in mixed pubs and it was handshakes for the winner and a pint for the loser.

Probably not popular but the ideal situation for me would be an even prospect every game with home and away ends both packed out.

...after they've done their time of course. :greengrin:

IberianHibernian
31-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Unless you live in Edinburgh and have contact with Hearts fans I don`t think they are that important . A big build up usually means things are going badly ( like now ) and winning a Derby is considered an achievement . When we lose , loads of analysis of team and manager that doesn`t happen against other , usually better , teams than Hearts . Likewise a win is considered great ( Butcher keeps going on about January win as though it was a great achievement ) even if we play badly . A lot of terrible matches too ( last seasons saw almost no good play from either team in 5 matches , at least we played well for 30 minutes in LC tie this season but otherwise this season the same ) .

oneone73
31-03-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm seriously thinking of missing the next one.

Brooster
31-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes I .would want to go to last derby of season and see us beat them,but if we go into that game on back of continued poor form I would think twice about going as can't be bothered going to another disappointing Derby .just wondered if others were thinking that same way or whether folk thought we would sell out on basis it's last Derby for a while if we can stay up .

You won't be missed because you never go anyway. There will be a large crowd at the next derby regardless of our form leading in to it.

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:05 PM

We won't sell out but if you **** yourself from going you need to grow a pair.
Not you personally but come on. The day you start crapping it from them is the day you hang your scarf up and take up chess.

cleanyman
31-03-2014, 09:06 PM
One of the most one sided derbies in world football.

Awful fixture, hate it.

No

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:12 PM

That's because there's been financial doping and overspending. It won't be like that now things are evening themselves out.

What's your opinion? Do you agree that they've been cheating and their silverware is tainted?

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 09:14 PM
No. Although it's a great feeling when we beat them I can live without it for a few years.
Although I've got a feeling that next season will see a majorly improved hibs team capable of demolishing a poor hearts team, and I may miss it then.

cleanyman
31-03-2014, 09:16 PM
That's because there's been financial doping and overspending. It won't be like that now things are evening themselves out.

What's your opinion? Do you agree that they've been cheating and their silverware is tainted?

Haha, what?

They've beaten us THREE times this season without that financial doping.

When it comes to this fixture, they own us.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Really?

Current record post-evening out - Hearts 3, Hibs 1.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Will I miss the derby? A little bit.

What I wont miss is us getting let down, beat and embarrassed just about every time.

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Most one sided derby in world football...

When it comes to this fixture, they own us...

Thecat23
31-03-2014, 09:33 PM
I'd rather go to jail and be bummed 4 times a year for life than sit through more derbies like Sunday. Because after every game I feel like I have been bent over and pumped! At least in jail I can play the play station while it's happening.

3pm
31-03-2014, 09:35 PM
The tide will turn eventually.

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Really?

Current record post-evening out - Hearts 3, Hibs 1.

They've hardly been one-sided though like lots of them from the past have been.

It's definitely a factor and it will even itself out. There's no curse and it isn't rocket science: better players win more matches than poorer ones do.

Ronniekirk
31-03-2014, 09:37 PM
You won't be missed because you never go anyway. There will be a large crowd at the next derby regardless of our form leading in to it.
Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't totally made my mind up yet just thinking out loud and interested in others views .But yes you are right I pick and choose my games .enjoyed the 3 3 game v Motherwell and the 1 1 draw at Killie when less than 600 Hibs fans there , the Partick game was fine till they scored .Was at Dumbarton and Raith pre Season and could go on but I won't as your not really interested oh I have a season ticket for next season and will be meeting Suzy at a home game before end of season to pay for a season ticket for Leith lynx so another young person can go and watch the team I have supported for well over 50 years .I will be volunteering to take some of these youngsters to games with my son and daughter .
The Hibs family is broad enough to include all sorts we don't all have to go to every game .

And yes I come on here and moan probably too Mutch but that's just my way of letting off steam after I am hurting after a bad result .

Judas Iscariot

What like this season?

Dont talk pish!

The Hibs fans have been battered into submission by team after team of *****bag players that can't raise their game for a derby and a board full of clowns that don't realise how important the fixture is to the fans..

Butcher saying pre match yesterday that they hadn't spoke about relegating them, **** sake, that's ALL they should've spoken about..

Pathetic attitude of goody two shoe losers

Spineless, gutless cowards from top to bottom at our club

Sir David Gray

Really?

Hearts are currently at their weakest point in living memory and yet they've still managed to win three out of the four derbies this season.

I sometimes think that if Hearts put out 11 traffic cones in an Edinburgh Derby and stuck maroon jerseys on them, there would be no guarantees we would beat them.

Pete
31-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Really?

Hearts are currently at their weakest point in living memory and yet they've still managed to win three out of the four derbies this season.

I sometimes think that if Hearts put out 11 traffic cones in an Edinburgh Derby and stuck maroon jerseys on them, there would be no guarantees we would beat them.

They have won these games this season but it hardly disproves the theory that their recent good record is down to having better players. We lost these games because we can't finish.

There's no sorcery involved. Results and trends will eventually change when the teams are more even

ehf
31-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Every derby turns out the same - two poor teams play badly and whoever wants it more scrapes a win. Sadly that usually means them.

So there is little to be missed.

You are forgetting the decisions that always go their way.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 09:58 PM
What like this season?

Dont talk pish!

The Hibs fans have been battered into submission by team after team of *****bag players that can't raise their game for a derby and a board full of clowns that don't realise how important the fixture is to the fans..

Butcher saying pre match yesterday that they hadn't spoke about relegating them, **** sake, that's ALL they should've spoken about..

Absolutely spot on.

And you know what? I have no doubt in my mind that it will not change. The players and board do not care one bit about the fact that we repeatedly **** it against Hearts. They're quite happy with the money in their wallet at the end of the month that they've siphoned off us, the supporters.

Sorry but after yesterday's result, more than any before (yes, even THAT game) I am now completely convinced that Hibs as a club actually don't care about beating Hearts, and have no plans to start caring. There is zero point in false hope any more, and only after seeing actual ****ing results and no cheap talk about how "oh but it'll be better next time" will I change my mind. We're quite happy being total losers.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 10:02 PM
They have won these games this season but it hardly disproves the theory that their recent good record is down to having better players. We lost these games because we can't finish.

There's no sorcery involved. Results and trends will eventually change when the teams are more even

We lost these games because we're only slightly better than they are but that is completely wiped out by the fact that they have a much superior attitude when it comes to doing what it takes to win a derby match.

I'm not convinced that we're about to see an extended period of derby domination for Hibs, just because Hearts no longer have big money to spend.

Thecat23
31-03-2014, 10:03 PM
What like this season?

Dont talk pish!

Can't argue with that. Take Lockes interview he said all week we drummed it into the players that Hibs won't come here and put us down.

Sorry Terry you got it wrong again! FFS it's a derby get them fired up. Get watching DVDs of 0-3 there 6-2 at Easter road and show them what it means to us and how the players would be treated when shown they want to play for us.

Enough is enough now. Hearts haven't had any financial doping this year so no excuses now. WE BOTTLED IT. We didn't care enough and he left for me our best player for this game on the bench.

ehf
31-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't totally made my mind up yet just thinking out loud and interested in others views .But yes you are right I pick and choose my games .enjoyed the 3 3 game v Motherwell and the 1 1 draw at Killie when less than 600 Hibs fans there , the Partick game was fine till they scored .Was at Dumbarton and Raith pre Season and could go on but I won't as your not really interested oh I have a season ticket for next season and will be meeting Suzy at a home game before end of season to pay for a season ticket for Leith lynx so another young person can go and watch the team I have supported for well over 50 years .I will be volunteering to take some of these youngsters to games with my son and daughter .
The Hibs family is broad enough to include all sorts we don't all have to go to every game .

And yes I come on here and moan probably too Mutch but that's just my way of letting off steam after I am hurting after a bad result .

Totally understand that need to let off steam. You are clearly a passionate and dedicated fan, but I see you only joined the forum a few months ago and wondered what you did before that. Just curious.

Pete
31-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm not convinced that we're about to see an extended period of derby domination for Hibs, just because Hearts no longer have big money to spend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not either. Attitude does play a part but when your rivals absolutely blow you out the water as far as wages are concerned over a sustained period of time then it tells eventually.

leggeto
31-03-2014, 10:17 PM
I think we'd struggle to beat the hearts ladies team the now,but id miss they games,the feeling of beating them is to good to miss

Ronniekirk
31-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Totally understand that need to let off steam. You are clearly a passionate and dedicated fan, but I see you only joined the forum a few months ago and wondered what you did before that. Just curious.
Ranted and raved at my family who like some folk on here got fed up with me .if I went back to that there could a divorce on the cards .Went out for a drive in the car I don't have a lap top or computer at home so only joined when I got an I pad for a freebie when I got my wife a new car last October .

jacomo
31-03-2014, 10:30 PM
What like this season?

Dont talk pish!

:agree:

Reluctantly, have to agree with this. Hibs game plan for a derby all wrong yet again.

Do you think Alex Ferguson or Mourinho would have 'not mentioned' the relegation issue? Hearts were up for it, Hibs fans were up for it... and the team didn't show up.

lucky
31-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I'll miss it big time. The derbys are the best games of the season. The build up, excitement the slagging and the banter make it the only game that counts. Sadly Hibs have let us down too often in these games but no one is going to tell me that beating them is not a fantastic feeling. I hope we draw them in the cups next year as wining against them is what counts and our time will come again.

Dashing Bob S
31-03-2014, 11:01 PM
The culture of our club (not the actual reality, as more often than not our teams are skilless pish) is that we are swashbuckling cavaliers, and that football will take care of itself. Hearts culture is of being slightly dull, roundhead grafters. But derbies by their nature are invariably slugfests, so they have the advantage. Even the Famous Five had difficulties against a vastly inferiour Hearts side. When we were in top in Shankly, Turnbull and McLeish eras, we had steel in those sides as well as superiour skill.

And yes, a level financial playing field.

The financial doping aspects has compounded this advantage over the last thirty years, to the extent that we have a losing mentality against them. That this Hearts side have beaten an admittedly almost as poor Hibs team three times, is ludicrous and embarrassing. But I'll stand by what I said earlier: the first two were the real bad loses. Nobody should be surprised by a team which went into the game with the worst form of Scottish football (one win in twelve) being beaten by anybody. The euphoria over Hearts financial woes allowed us to mask that we are in the middle of a football crisis. This team had no right to expect to beat anyone, let alone win a derby with our poor recent record.

We need to change our mindset in derbies. For Hearts, its a big fixture for the club and fans. At Hibs, it often seems like only the fans care and the club just disdainfully regard it as another three points to play for.

But our immediate crisis is our terrible form and players who can't seem to play the way our manager wants. Hearts, on this occasion, were the benefactors of that. Yes, there was little between the two sides and decisions went their way, but that happens from time to time. The real scandal was the earlier two loses.

ehf
01-04-2014, 07:47 AM
The culture of our club (not the actual reality, as more often than not our teams are skilless pish) is that we are swashbuckling cavaliers, and that football will take care of itself. Hearts culture is of being slightly dull, roundhead grafters. But derbies by their nature are invariably slugfests, so they have the advantage. Even the Famous Five had difficulties against a vastly inferiour Hearts side. When we were in top in Shankly, Turnbull and McLeish eras, we had steel in those sides as well as superiour skill.

And yes, a level financial playing field.

The financial doping aspects has compounded this advantage over the last thirty years, to the extent that we have a losing mentality against them. That this Hearts side have beaten an admittedly almost as poor Hibs team three times, is ludicrous and embarrassing. But I'll stand by what I said earlier: the first two were the real bad loses. Nobody should be surprised by a team which went into the game with the worst form of Scottish football (one win in twelve) being beaten by anybody. The euphoria over Hearts financial woes allowed us to mask that we are in the middle of a football crisis. This team had no right to expect to beat anyone, let alone win a derby with our poor recent record.

We need to change our mindset in derbies. For Hearts, its a big fixture for the club and fans. At Hibs, it often seems like only the fans care and the club just disdainfully regard it as another three points to play for.

But our immediate crisis is our terrible form and players who can't seem to play the way our manager wants. Hearts, on this occasion, were the benefactors of that. Yes, there was little between the two sides and decisions went their way, but that happens from time to time. The real scandal was the earlier two loses.

Agree with all of that, but Butcher has to take his share of the blame for Sunday's fiasco.

AndyM_1875
01-04-2014, 07:47 AM

Absolutely. I'd only put in a minor correction there Bob and say for Hearts it the only fixture for them.

I'd happily play a team of 11 thugs playing Wimbledon-esq football if that is what
it takes to beat them. But dominate them, win the physical battle, then and only then you have the right to throw pretty passes around and try to be clever.

Hibs need to wake up and stop being so soft. Players like with the attitudes of Mixu, James McPake and Matty Jack are what you need in derbies. Never allow yourself to be dominated or bullied by that shower of frauds. And if it looks like your losing , never give up. Attitude is absolutely everything against them.

JeMeSouviens
01-04-2014, 08:42 AM
I thought we had a real change of attitude last season. It looked like we'd turned a corner and decided we weren't going to take no **** no more. That new resilience got us an undefeated season and 2 wins (3 but for the one of the worst decisions I've witnessed in person).

This season has been the ultimate missed opportunity. The Yam team that came to ER for the league cup tie was unbelievably bad. They are being routinely horsed around the SPL, yet we can only muster one win in 4 attempts? Criminal. We should be looking forward to one last derby to sign off on this incarnation of the Yams with 10 in a row undefeated. ******g ****.

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 08:58 AM
What like this season?

Dont talk pish!

Spineless, gutless cowards from top to bottom at our club:top marks

The Sea-gull
01-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Lets not pretend that the derby stats are all down to them spending a bit of cash they didn't have for a few years from 2004 - 2011. They had a vastly superior derby record long before that. The stats from the 1980s and 1990s make particularly grim reading for Hibs fans.

The sad fact is that in about 25 years worth of following derbies, Hearts fans have probably forgotton more Hearts wins than we can count Hibs ones.

we are hibs
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM
No chance.

heretoday
01-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Hibs could certainly do with a break from the derby. I won't miss it either for a while and it'll be all the more exciting when it returns.

erskine-hibby
01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Erm...
No!!!!!

KeithTheHibby
01-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Will no doubt miss the build up and anticipation however as for the game and result? Will I ****.

This season we have endured humiliating results against them. A few seasons in the lower leagues and not having derby games will make no difference to me.

Waxy
01-04-2014, 03:20 PM
What i have missed is all the sect43 stuff that'd gone on the couple of years previous.That cup final display was something else against celtic.

Bishop Hibee
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
No.

Saturdays Hero
01-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Yes.

Wighty76
01-04-2014, 06:10 PM
I want to see the current club wiped from the face of the earth so I have to accept the loss of the derby. Will I miss it? No more than a cat with no neck misses licking it's own A hole :cb

The_Todd
01-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Awful fixture, hate it.

No

Isn't that a Kickback fact as opposed to being actually a fact?

emerald green
01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I wont miss it. Firstly, I used to quite enjoy the derby matches when I didn't have this awful feeling, deep down, that we were going to lose most of the time. That, sadly, was quite some time ago in the days when Hibs could beat them fairly regularly. Secondly, I wont miss it because of the absolutely poisonous atmosphere at most of these games now. Hearts have got some of the most shocking & evil fans I've ever come across, and I've been in amongst Rangers & Celtic fans lots of times before segregation was introduced at football matches. I'd go as far as to say some Hearts fans are worse than The Rangers, and hate Hibs even more than them. Witness the disgusting damage the yaks inflict on our stadium every time they visit, whether they win or lose. If we never have to play them again that would suit me just fine. Fingers crossed. Detest them, their arrogance, bigotry and stupidity, and their club. Glad I got that off my chest. :grr:

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Isn't that a Kickback fact as opposed to being actually a fact?

I'm not sure there's too many teams in world football who have won 45% of matches against their biggest rivals.