PDA

View Full Version : Alan Maybury

BH Hibs
31-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Was speaking to someone yesterday who told me that Maybury is no longer on the coaching staff under Butcher. Is this true? Sorry if it's been covered before.

Casey1875
31-03-2014, 04:59 PM
He is involved with the under 20's not sure about the first team though.

Boyle89
31-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Was he ever involved in 1st team duties? I was under the impression he always helped the young ones. Have I just made that up?!

J-C
31-03-2014, 05:27 PM
He's a development coach with the U20's.

BH Hibs
31-03-2014, 05:35 PM
He's a development coach with the U20's.

That's what I thought but was hearing that's not the case any more. Came from someone who had been speaking to him.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I have no idea about his coaching credentials so will trust Terry's judgement on that.
His player contract should be terminated in the summer.

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I dont mean to start player bashing, but when Maybury has been called upon this season, he has made some very amateurish mistakes. The penalty against Celtic and the role he played yesterday spring to mind. Not something you'd expect with someone with his experience and we should be calling on someone else to fill in until his contract is up, IMO.

I think Maybury is a solid pro, but his legs have gone and he's starting to make some costly errors when we do need him.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2014, 06:03 PM
That's what I thought but was hearing that's not the case any more. Came from someone who had been speaking to him.

I'm sure he was in the dugout at the under 20's game at St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago

oconnors_strip
31-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Alan took the warm up and played in last week's under 20s game against the rangers at east mains. Then after he was subbed was coaching from the bench

BH Hibs
31-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Alan took the warm up and played in last week's under 20s game against the rangers at east mains. Then after he was subbed was coaching from the bench

Cheers mate just something that came up in conversation yesterday that I hadn't heard about

Saturdays Hero
31-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Cheers mate just something that came up in conversation yesterday that I hadn't heard about

If he's honest with himself he'll realise it's time to pack it in.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2014, 06:55 PM
If he's honest with himself he'll realise it's time to pack it in.

I'm sure he wanted to coach this season, and not play. But he signed to help out in an emergency.
Including Maybury, I think all the below have played right back for us this season
Maybury
Mullen
Stevenson
Forster
And I think before the end of the season we'll see Boateng and Black play there a well.
We also freed our 1st choice right back from last season in Clancy.
Been a problem position for us for a while now

Brightside
31-03-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm sure he wanted to coach this season, and not play. But he signed to help out in an emergency.
Including Maybury, I think all the below have played right back for us this season
Maybury
Mullen
Stevenson
Forster
And I think before the end of the season we'll see Boateng and Black play there a well.
We also freed our 1st choice right back from last season in Clancy.
Been a problem position for us for a while now

Exactly. Alan is 35yr old. He doesn't want to be still playing in the first team. He only registered this year to help out the squad if called upon. Its a disgrace that some fans are somehow blaming the situation on him. He's a top class pro and works his bollix of for Hibs.

Aldo
31-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Exactly. Alan is 35yr old. He doesn't want to be still playing in the first team. He only registered this year to help out the squad if called upon. Its a disgrace that some fans are somehow blaming the situation on him. He's a top class pro and works his bollix of for Hibs.

Couldn't agree more Underscore. The majority of the pros, both Senior and Junior, need to take a leaf out of his book IMHO. Model pro and has never let us down but he's an easy target because of his previous affiliation.