PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Summer Needed

31-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Butcher has a huge job to do this summer, a massive clearout is needed. With many supporters now very disillusioned and many ready to give up, the club need to make big signings and show a statement of intent and that we are serious about going forward. I don't just mean a few journeymen from the English lower leagues but signings that are gonna give the fans a bit of excitement.

Sick of us missing out on decent signings to other SPL clubs. We lost out on signing McMannus, and could have had Rooney (don't know why we would only want him on loan).

I'm not saying we go crazy and do a hearts and start spending millions we don't have but a little bit of ambition would be nice. The fans are fed up, the club need to do something that will make fans excited again.

hibseleven
31-03-2014, 11:58 AM
I agree. I have to admit I was delighted with the appointment of Butcher but I'm extremely worried when you see what's happening right now.

Glory Lurker
31-03-2014, 12:07 PM
It's no doubt a lot easier to say than actually do, but we need to be bringing players in early in the summer rather than leave it late.

31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Over recent years we seem to have focused most of our efforts in building our infrastructure. Well now the infrastructure is there so we need to focus on building a solid team to justify it. The fans (the people that keep this club going) don't really care about having a state of the art training complex, we want to see a winning team on the park that can give us something back for once.

The Sea-gull
31-03-2014, 12:18 PM
It will be easier said thatn done and have posted along these lines before but the club really needs something along the lines of the following strategy (that is if we stay up!):-

Boot out the vast majority of the current squad. As many as they can. No out of contract player gets a new contract
Sign about 8 players. Yes 8! I know it is a lot but we need this level of overhaul.
Of these 8, 6 should be first XI ready right away.
5 of them should be signed by the end of June.
Ideally, 3 of them should be known to the fans and recognised decent performers at SPL level to boost confidence, moral and £.
The 5 should be paraded around end of June using it as an opportunity to promote season tickets and highlighting that increased season ticket slaes over the summer will lead to a couple more players signed before the window closes on 31 Aug.
Three more players should be signed before 31 Aug.
Decent youth players should be identified and advised they are now first team squad members. I'm sure this happens every year at every club anyway

This would be a start. I'm not talking go crazy with transfer fees or wages but time to maybe offer that player tha extra few hundred quid a week or meet that bonus request they want. Maybe even give a club the extra 25k they are looking for in a transfer fee.

Mcpakeisgod
31-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I have the utmost confidence that this summer will bea turning point .

Thats why yesterdays result hasn't gave me the 'end of the world' scenario some on here seem to show .

Its a massive blessing that alot of players are due to be out of contract by the end of this season , no payoffs which only helps our financial footing .

Butchers no mug, he will have players identified and will /already has swooped for them, if at least 4 signings have not been made by mid july, then I'll be wary.

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 01:00 PM
It will be easier said thatn done and have posted along these lines before but the club really needs something along the lines of the following strategy (that is if we stay up!):-

Boot out the vast majority of the current squad. As many as they can. No out of contract player gets a new contract
Sign about 8 players. Yes 8! I know it is a lot but we need this level of overhaul.
Of these 8, 6 should be first XI ready right away.
5 of them should be signed by the end of June.
Ideally, 3 of them should be known to the fans and recognised decent performers at SPL level to boost confidence, moral and £.
The 5 should be paraded around end of June using it as an opportunity to promote season tickets and highlighting that increased season ticket slaes over the summer will lead to a couple more players signed before the window closes on 31 Aug.
Three more players should be signed before 31 Aug.
Decent youth players should be identified and advised they are now first team squad members. I'm sure this happens every year at every club anyway

This would be a start. I'm not talking go crazy with transfer fees or wages but time to maybe offer that player tha extra few hundred quid a week or meet that bonus request they want. Maybe even give a club the extra 25k they are looking for in a transfer fee. Tempted to ask if you are RP on Mind bending drugs.

Assuming you are not that is far too sensible for my fellow bean counter.

I have the utmost confidence that this summer will be a turning point .

Thats why yesterdays result hasn't gave me the 'end of the world' scenario some on here seem to show .

Its a massive blessing that alot of players are due to be out of contract by the end of this season , no payoffs which only helps our financial footing .

Butchers no mug, he will have players identified and will /already has swooped for them, if at least 4 signings have not been made by mid july, then I'll be wary. I tend to agree with this assessment, not sure why though.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I am utterly convinced that we will do our usual - wait, wait, wait for prices to fall and contracts to run out while everyone else in the Premiership goes about their business promptly. Then, when our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 8th choice signings have signed for clubs that actually believe you have to speculate to accumulate, we'll sign a couple 33 year old free transfers and someone on loan from Leyton Orient and Petrie will claim he "always backs the manager". Meanwhile we'll be bottom six after a couple home defeats to the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell. Aberdeen will be already comfortably in second, having done the same this summer as they did last - i.e. give a ****.

Hibs don't do inspiring summers.

easty
31-03-2014, 01:06 PM
I am utterly convinced that we will do our usual - wait, wait, wait for prices to fall and contracts to run out while everyone else in the Premiership goes about their business promptly. Then, when our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 8th choice signings have signed for clubs that actually believe you have to speculate to accumulate, we'll sign a couple 33 year old free transfers and someone on loan from Leyton Orient and Petrie will claim he "always backs the manager". Meanwhile we'll be bottom six after a couple home defeats to the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell. Aberdeen will be already comfortably in second, having done the same this summer as they did last - i.e. give a ****.

Leyton Orient are decent. :greengrin

number 27
31-03-2014, 01:10 PM

This is exactly what will happen, in addition anyone who comes on here to voice concerns will be a "bed wetter" or a "doom and gloomer". For the umpteenth season in a row the "bed wetters " will be proved correct.

Hibiza
31-03-2014, 01:14 PM
how about an inspiring next 6 games.

Waxy
31-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Safe standing in the ground would inspire me.

MrSmith
31-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Its the same again and that really worries me! We have no-one nor any decent footballers to build a team around therefore, I feel we will still be in the cycle for a while yet. However, we need to keep Butcher and his team. I want Lewis and the youngsters to remain also.

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 01:34 PM
This is exactly what will happen, in addition anyone who comes on here to voice concerns will be a "bed wetter" or a "doom and gloomer". For the umpteenth season in a row the "bed wetters " will be proved correct.

I think its currently sitting 7-0 to the bed wetters since the league cup

TheFamous1875
31-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Inspiring centre half to pair with Hanlon. Strong, fast, can tackle, good in the air, can pick a pass: centre half attributes. Sound out of our price range? He should be, but more importantly we should be the ones to find him before he is. We're a big club, we should be getting these type of guys in before their sold on. Speculate to accumulate.

Inspiring centre midfielder also required. Captain material. Strong in the tackle, can pick a pass, retain the ball, compose the team and drive them on. Captain material. Same formula for this mystic centre half I made up: buy them in, sell them on, and repeat. This is the market we're in. If we do it properly we may be in the market where they WANT stay at Hibs, so let's get smart.

A striker. A proper one. Guaranteed goals. Leigh Griffiths, basically. And without it being him, it'd be a Billy MacKay type. A Stevie May, a Nadir Ciftci. A striker guaranteed to get goals, work hard and lead the line. I'm sure Sparky will come home some day (judging by yesterday he can't wait either), but it's not today, or tomorrow.

Two full backs:

A proper right back getting up and down the pitch who can defend like a Trojan and cross like a bullet. A real one, nane of this 'acting CH' *****.

From what I gather from the forums, Callum Booth will be back for pre season and has come on leaps and bounds for Raith this season. I'd love to have him back in the squad battling for the LB berth with McGivern and Baptie.

A winger is also required: pace, flair, crossing and cutting in. A real winger, nane of this Paul Cairney stuff (he's a #10 if you ever saw one!)

Our team next season needs these figures to bring out the best in what we already have - yer Stanton's and Harris', Craig's and Robertson's.

I really do think it's as simple as this. Aspire to the above, at the very least. Not all signings work out and we Hibbys know that - but at least aspire to this.

Their team at ICT was great. Balanced, hardworking and talented. It's an easier job here as we already have some pieces in place!

I have full faith. This season is a write-off, we know this. I'm really excited for next season!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hibercelona
31-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I think its currently sitting 7-0 to the bed wetters since the league cup

I just hope the rest of them can swim as well as I can, thats a lot of bed wetting. :greengrin

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 01:36 PM
I just hope the rest of them can swim as well as I can, thats a lot of bed wetting. :greengrin

Either that or the happy clappers are just hidden yams ;)

LancsHibs
31-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Inspiring centre half to pair with Hanlon. Strong, fast, can tackle, good in the air, can pick a pass: centre half attributes. Sound out of our price range? He should be, but more importantly we should be the ones to find him before he is. We're a big club, we should be getting these type of guys in before their sold on. Speculate to accumulate.

Inspiring centre midfielder also required. Captain material. Strong in the tackle, can pick a pass, retain the ball, compose the team and drive them on. Captain material. Same formula for this mystic centre half I made up: buy them in, sell them on, and repeat. This is the market we're in. If we do it properly we may be in the market where they WANT stay at Hibs, so let's get smart.

A striker. A proper one. Guaranteed goals. Leigh Griffiths, basically. And without it being him, it'd be a Billy MacKay type. A Stevie May, a Nadir Ciftci. A striker guaranteed to get goals, work hard and lead the line. I'm sure Sparky will come home some day (judging by yesterday he can't wait either), but it's not today, or tomorrow.

Two full backs:

A proper right back getting up and down the pitch who can defend like a Trojan and cross like a bullet. A real one, nane of this 'acting CH' *****.

From what I gather from the forums, Callum Booth will be back for pre season and has come on leaps and bounds for Raith this season. I'd love to have him back in the squad battling for the LB berth with McGivern and Baptie.

A winger is also required: pace, flair, crossing and cutting in. A real winger, nane of this Paul Cairney stuff (he's a #10 if you ever saw one!)

Our team next season needs these figures to bring out the best in what we already have - yer Stanton's and Harris', Craig's and Robertson's.

I really do think it's as simple as this. Aspire to the above, at the very least. Not all signings work out and we Hibbys know that - but at least aspire to this.

Their team at ICT was great. Balanced, hardworking and talented. It's an easier job here as we already have some pieces in place!

I have full faith. This season is a write-off, we know this. I'm really excited for next season!

Yeh bring it on:top marks. Secure safety and get this season over with and then hopefully build over the summer for our bright new season. Glory Glory. Thanks to God I'm a Hibee :flag:

greenpaper55
31-03-2014, 02:03 PM
We can spend 6 million on a new stand yet we are lucky to spend a tenth of that to build a team !.

The Sea-gull
31-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Two full backs:

Good post and the key thing that sticks out about your post is that we need to sign players to play in their natural position, none of this "he can play there" and more "that's where he plays". You need a bit of versatility in the squad but you also could really do with natural full backs and wingers which we have not had that many of (not decent ones) in a long time.

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Safe standing in the ground would inspire me. A half full stadium would inspire me.

We can spend 6 million on a new stand yet we are lucky to spend a tenth of that to build a team !. Not quite comparing apples and oranges to the bean counters the

lyonhibs
31-03-2014, 07:28 PM
What we need, what we want and what we get are highly likely to be miles apart IMO sadly

Ronniekirk
31-03-2014, 07:34 PM
What we need, what we want and what we get are highly likely to be miles apart IMO sadly

It's going to be a sizzling Summer which will inspire me to organise some nice Barbeques with cold beers .

eastterrace
31-03-2014, 08:37 PM

Two full backs:

you really give it a big build up for next season, wish i could be enthusiastic as yourself but maybe a few decent signings in july will maybe get things going again but we will probably get the lower league dross from down south who come up here for the surroundings ie east mains and night life in george street.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2014, 09:02 PM
I will gladly take players from the Conference South or the Evo- Stick Northern League if they show a desire and a want to wear the harp. Would put them ahead of the current shower.

Moon unit
31-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Butcher has a huge job to do this summer, a massive clearout is needed. With many supporters now very disillusioned and many ready to give up, the club need to make big signings and show a statement of intent and that we are serious about going forward. I don't just mean a few journeymen from the English lower leagues but signings that are gonna give the fans a bit of excitement.

Sick of us missing out on decent signings to other SPL clubs. We lost out on signing McMannus, and could have had Rooney (don't know why we would only want him on loan).

I'm not saying we go crazy and do a hearts and start spending millions we don't have but a little bit of ambition would be nice. The fans are fed up, the club need to do something that will make fans excited again.
Sadly...I think it will be more of the same from Rodders!
Aberdeen had the balls to spend a few quid and look at their fortunes!..Rodders ain't got the balls!

31-03-2014, 09:22 PM
We need to make signings of known players who the fans will get excited about. The board need to show some guts and prove to the fans they are serious about turning things around.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 09:26 PM
We need to make signings of known players who the fans will get excited about. The board need to show some guts and prove to the fans they are serious about turning things around.

I think you expect too much of the habitual losers in charge of this club.

Chump
31-03-2014, 09:26 PM
I can't recall a bigger, more important summer for Hibs in many, many years.

TB and MM must get it right
RP must get it right
The players must get it right

I'm purposely not asking the fans to get it right as the club now owe us!!

It is absolutely vital we get decisions made early on to allow TB, MM and the squad that will go into next season together as soon as we can. Make your targets known and do the deals. Let go those that are deemed surplus and get a good list of friendlies on the table to gain momentum.

Start quickly and get the fans back on side, do everything the club can do to get bums on seats, get football players back to this club and for goodness sake make an effort with the tactics and set up to play some football on the deck....no more excuses, no more talking off the pitch!!

IberianHibernian
31-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I will be amazed if some money has not been kept aside for Butcher for this summer , money which might have been better spent last summer . The league is very weak and it won`t take that much to get us several positions higher ( we were top or 2nd at mid season with Paddy and Yogi in stronger leagues than next year`s ) . What I`m not so sure about is whether it`ll be Butcher spending the money since Petrie must have noticed that crowds did not pick up after managerial change and I doubt he was counting on no cup run , no increase in league crowds and a relegation battle ( though relegation battle may lead to bigger crowds than other years ) .