PDA

View Full Version : Substitutions

macca70
31-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Subs give you the ability to bring on fresh legs and have potential to change a game.

We were crying out for fresh legs up front and were losing for majority of the game but instead we brought on 3 midfielders?! Baffling!!

Not only that but the 1st sub we made was to take off our most creative attacking threat.

If your chasing the game and want to bring Harris on, why not have him on aswell as Watmore and play Harris more central taking Handling off?

Also, how does it take til 70mins to make any changes, we were dreadful 1st half and should have been trying to change things at Half Time.

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Just like to state first of all that I back Butcher to turn us around next season.

But you're right, those subs were shocking.

Agree fully about keeping Harris and Watmore on. Watmore for me was the only one who looked like creating a chance for us. The problem was, he barely got a kick of the ball!

My biggest gripe was with him not starting Thomson. TBH, I don't know what's going on with Thomson and Butcher, but Terry needs to get over it and deal with it at the end of the season. For me, KT is our best midfielder and he showed within 5 minutes of coming on his quality and his passing range. If you compare how many times Harris got the ball (from Thomson) than Watmore did from anyone in the first half, I reckon Watmore would have created a goal, or scored himself.

I would have brung Harris on for McGivern and put Lewis to LB. Lewis was barely involved at LM and was doing more tackling than taking people on. McGivern is just a complete liabilty and an accident waiting to happen. Liked him when he was on loan last season but christ, he has been shockingly **** for months.

Cairney on for Handling when you need a goal? C'mon Terry FFS. A midfielder on for a forward when you're a goal down is just taking the piss.