PDA

View Full Version : rewards for failure

Weir7
31-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Third Monday on the bounce butcher has given the players off.

In tomorrow but don't worry get wed and Thursday off.

Other thread about value of East mains. A great asset but you need a manager that is getting players to be in working on improving their technical skills.

easty
31-03-2014, 10:14 AM
They "played" yesterday so I dont have an issue with them having today off.

Weir7
31-03-2014, 10:18 AM

Recovery session is what professional athletes do

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:19 AM

they "lost" yesterday to our bitter rivals yet again.
I hate this motion aw ok lads played yesterday , have today off.
why not get them in for say 2hours and go over what went wrong yesterday?
as i have said on another thread the only problem with losing is not learning anything about why.
I got the feeling except from our dis allowed goal we could have played for another hour and not scored.I think it was soemthing like 70MINUTES before we had a shot on target
70 fing minutes?(if im wrong about this fair enough)

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Yet another Butcher decision that beggars belief. They should be in watching yesterdays game, reading .net and kickback to see exactly what they are doing to this club with their ****** pathetic attempts at playing football.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2014, 10:29 AM

Where?

Brightside
31-03-2014, 10:31 AM
They should have a physical day off but the idea that they arent in there looking at every aspect of the game and what they did wrong is appaling. BUT Butcher is telling everyone we played well... so he probably wouldnt have much to show them.

31-03-2014, 10:32 AM
I would have them in today, whilst the feelings from yesterdays defeat are still raw. I think it was Mowbray that told his players after a semi-final defeat at hampden one year, remember this feeling, remember how bad this feels, in order to give them extra insentive to try avoid such feeling in the future. I would have them in today and have a full post mortem of what went wrong yesterday, even if it's not physical work they do today.

matty_f
31-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Other thread about value of East mains. A great asset but you need a manager that is getting players to be in working on improving their technical skills.

How do you know this? Is there a player complaining about it?

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I would have them in today, whilst the feelings from yesterdays defeat are still raw. I think it was Mowbray that told his players after a semi-final defeat at hampden one year, remember this feeling, remember how bad this feels, in order to give them extra insentive to try avoid such feeling in the future. I would have them in today and have a full post mortem of what went wrong yesterday, even if it's not physical work they do today.

though i understand what you are saying about the full post mortem of what happened yesterday(i did sayu similar eariler in the post :devil:)
Though how many of the players relaly care or have feelings for the defeat?I must say i do not know the answer to it, how many of the startign 11 will be ehre next season? are out of contract?
is it ah lost a game dont care?

as i said i do not know the answers, i would hope our manager would come out as well as our captain and tell us what is gonna happen. do i expect that to happen? it should, will it?nope

steviehibsleith
31-03-2014, 10:45 AM

Not sure if you are just in a bad mood like myself but lets say OK with Monday off as they were in yesterday but are you serious about the Wed/Thursday off as well :confused:

Also what I dont get is TB is changing the team so much is it the entire first team who get the time off, surely those that were not involved say Heffernan Cummings etc should be in training or there fitness and sharpness will drop.

If what you are saying is correct then East Mains is not the issue as they are never in the place.

TRC
31-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Every player should work today
Ok 'played' yesterday fine morning off afternoon session.

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Hearts players in the gym today and we've given ours the the day off. Absolute joke.

easty
31-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Hearts players in the gym today and we've given ours the the day off. Absolute joke.

Where are the Hibs players then? You know they arent in the gym?

Hibercelona
31-03-2014, 01:31 PM
If you can't work them phsycially, work them mentally. They should not be off today, they should be analyzing this defeat, to ensure that it doesn't happen a 4th time this season.

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Where are the Hibs players then? You know they arent in the gym?

Going by OPs comments they've been given it off.

Wouldnt matter if they are or not anyway they're naturally keek

The_Exile
31-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I believe this random human on a public messageboard 100%. Now, in what direction do I vent my fury?

flash
31-03-2014, 01:42 PM

There's a first. A negative post by you about the manager.

hibeesjoe
31-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Recovery session is what professional athletes do

Were you laughing when you wrote that? I've no beef with them getting there day off but calling them professional athletes haha. More like journeymen bottlers the way they go on

woodyloon
31-03-2014, 02:01 PM
I would of thought any post mortem would of been done in the dressing room after the match.

I think especially giving our situation that the players should be in at training as often as possible between now and the end of the season or till we are safe. Doesn't have to be physical, but they need to try and worth through this and only working together will help. We need to try and create some type team togetherness, they don't need to like each other but they should be willing to bust a gut to help out their teammates, look at the first goal yesterday nobody challenged the cross and Mcgivern could of got goal side of the hearts scorer, they're passengers.

Twa Cairpets
31-03-2014, 02:08 PM
I've no idea if they're in or not.

But here's a thought.

1) Physical recovery from game on Sunday to allow for a complete week of work leading up to the next game, which is a week on Monday, so no need to beast them today. Physically it doesn't work, although if you're into punishing players for a poor performance then that's fine. Wouldn't make us better though.
2) "Get them watching a video of the game". And that serves - without any analysis - what precisely? I'm pretty sure that they will be watching the game, parcelled and edited to show precisely what when wrong with who, where and why once TB + Co have had a chance to go through it. It'll maybe serve some purpose then.

People need to remember we are dealing with a professional club and professional sportsmen here (regardless of the players attempts to live up to this billing at present), not a group of wee laddies. I don't think Butcher is a big stick type of manager, and I don't think further wearing down an already demoralised group of soon-to-be departing-anyway players is going to achieve much.