PDA

View Full Version : Another Nightmare Scenario

heretoday
31-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Sorry about this but I've just had a horrible thought.

If we do have to get involved in a play-off, one of the possible opponents is Dundee.

Who manages them again?

hfc rd
31-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Sorry about this but I've just had a horrible thought.

If we do have to get involved in a play-off, one of the possible opponents is Dundee.

Who manages them again?

Paul Hartley

yeezus.
31-03-2014, 09:08 AM
That absolute bell end Hartley. Knowing us we'll go and beat Aberdeen on Monday night.

Here's hoping!

Onion
31-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Almost guaranteed to get Yams in last game of season now !

DH1875
31-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Almost guaranteed to get Yams in last game of season now !

Reckon it could be ST Mirren last game.

Steven_Hibs
31-03-2014, 01:51 PM
What if Hearts win their next 2, and the hibs hearts game is 1st of split, relegation party!? :greengrin

Onion
31-03-2014, 01:52 PM
What if Hearts win their next 2, and the hibs hearts game is 1st of split, relegation party!? :greengrin

I like your pluck :)

EH6 Hibby
31-03-2014, 02:12 PM

I'm more worried about Hearts lying down to every other bottom 6 side. They do that and we could be in trouble because we don't seem capable of picking up any more points.

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm more worried about Hearts lying down to every other bottom 6 side. They do that and we could be in trouble because we don't seem capable of picking up any more points.

My prediction for Hearts final games is to not bother trying a leg against any other side, as there's nothing to play for anyway, then turn up and beat our current bunch of losers masquerading as Hibs players at ER.

The ideal scenario for them now is that we go into our final game against them requiring a win to avoid the Play Off spot.

Over to you Mr Butcher, et al. Prove me wrong.

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Almost guaranteed to get Yams in last game of season now ! I think that is a nap certainty.

My prediction for Hearts final games is to not bother trying a leg against any other side, as there's nothing to play for anyway, then turn up and beat our current bunch of losers masquerading as Hibs players at ER.

The ideal scenario for them now is that we go into our final game against them requiring a win to avoid the Play Off spot.

Over to you Mr Butcher, et al. Prove me wrong. Arithmetically that is unlikely.

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Arithmetically that is unlikely.

It's arithmetically the least likely. However, it's far from impossible, as arithemetic has very little to do with it.

Hibs fate is in the hands of our own team. That doesn't actually fill me with confidence.

We've gained a total of 2 points from our last six games. If we keep up that kind of form in our final six games, We'll need some massive favours from the other clubs

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 03:16 PM
It's arithmetically the least likely. However, it's far from impossible, as arithemetics has very little to do with it.

Hibs fate is in the hands of our own team. That doesn't actually fill me with confidence.

We've gained a total of 2 points from our last six games. If we keep up that kind of form in our final six games, We'll need some massive favours from the other clubs

The main thing is that it is still in our hands lets see what the post split fixtures are like before we jump to any conclusions.

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 03:26 PM

I think we will hammer them next time! :thumbsup:

Jim44
31-03-2014, 03:33 PM

You're not the first to voice this unthinkable scenario but be prepared to be heehawed for saying it pubicly. It would be the epitomy of irony if they lay down for St Mirren. I'm afraid to say that if we end up in 11th place, it will be of our own doing.

lapsedhibee
31-03-2014, 03:36 PM
You're not the first to voice this unthinkable scenario but be prepared to be heehawed for saying it pubicly.

:agree: Talking through his dick.

ALF TUPPER
31-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I think we will hammer them next time! :thumbsup:

My thoughts too.

So it's a - A packed out Easter Road -" Green Day " ...., we bury the maggots by inflicting a heavy defeat to send them on their way to the SEVCO league.

I like it :)

EH6 Hibby
31-03-2014, 03:49 PM
You're not the first to voice this unthinkable scenario but be prepared to be heehawed for saying it pubicly. It would be the epitomy of irony if they lay down for St Mirren. I'm afraid to say that if we end up in 11th place, it will be of our own doing.

I just can't see our current side picking up any more points. If they couldn't motivate themselves for yesterday's game, how are they going to do it against anyone else. If Hearts can help put us in the playoff place I would expect them to do it. I know if it was the other way round, I'd want Hibs to do it to them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't fancy our chances against any of the teams up the top of the Championship. They are teams that are winning games and playing with confidence. Us on the other hand...

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 04:22 PM
It's arithmetically the least likely. However, it's far from impossible, as arithemetics has very little to do with it.

We've gained a total of 2 points from our last six games. If we keep up that kind of form in our final six games, We'll need some massive favours from the other clubs 2 points would most likely see us in 9th Position, no points would most likely see us 10th and less than no points..... oh wait.

Three points against anyone or three draws would all but see us avoid 11th.

In my opinion.

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 04:28 PM
St Mirren are only 6 points behind us, thats 1 win against us and 1 win against Hearts and all of a sudden were level with them and all they need is 1 point from Partick, County or Killie to overtake us. We can easily lose all our games in this split and anyone that says otherwise is deluded.

We are in absolute free fall without as much as a tea towel to slow our decent.

Paisley Hibby
31-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I just can't see our current side picking up any more points. If they couldn't motivate themselves for yesterday's game, how are they going to do it against anyone else. If Hearts can help put us in the playoff place I would expect them to do it. I know if it was the other way round, I'd want Hibs to do it to them.

I don't think they lacked motivation. It's a lack of confidence that's the problem. Like you I just can't see us getting out of this.

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 04:46 PM

we would have to loose our next 6 games and having just lost 3 in a row that would be 9 straight defeats no way will that happen

EH6 Hibby
31-03-2014, 05:14 PM
we would have to loose our next 6 games and having just lost 3 in a row that would be 9 straight defeats no way will that happen

Who do you see us winning against? I'm usually quite positive when it comes to Hibs but I'm genuinely worried.

eastterrace
31-03-2014, 05:15 PM

not really we could draw 2 and lose 4, but as long as we dont lose to st.mirren as thats a six pointer then we should be okay but if we lose to them then we are only 3 ahead, what ever happens it will be close so strap yourself in for a bumpy ride.

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Who do you see us winning against? I'm usually quite positive when it comes to Hibs but I'm genuinely worried.

I Think we can beat Ross County Again although DA Always seems to get them wound up against us one more win from last six games is all we need.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 05:36 PM

:agree: Things are bad right now but there's no way we'll lose 9 games in a row.

If that happens, we'll only be 1 game short of the record number of consecutive defeats in the Scottish top flight since the SPL was formed in 1998.

I know we're bad but we're not record breaking bad.

We'll do enough to stay out of 11th spot.

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 05:41 PM
we would have to loose our next 6 games and having just lost 3 in a row that would be 9 straight defeats no way will that happen That is the spirit

Who do you see us winning against? I'm usually quite positive when it comes to Hibs but I'm genuinely worried.Any team will do.

:agree: Things are bad right now but there's no way we'll lose 9 games in a row.

If that happens, we'll only be 1 game short of the record number of consecutive defeats in the Scottish top flight since the SPL was formed in 1998.

We'll do enough to stay out of 11th spot. I agree.

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 05:55 PM

We'll do enough to stay out of 11th spot.

Ehm, Malmo, 0-9?

:greengrin

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Now that is the power of positive creative thinking. :not worth :clapper: