PDA

View Full Version : Mr Petrie's list of tasks this Morning

Kato
31-03-2014, 08:08 AM
1. Ask SFA for clarification on offside rule and why a linesman woudl follow the path of the ball down the line before giving offside.

2 Ask SFA for clarification on kicking the ball away when play stops.

3 Ask SFA for clarification on Maybury's sending off in comparison to Stevenson completing the game.

4 Tell press about queries to SFA.

Ooops, sorry forgot he wants to be "invisible".

Chocolate teapot of a Chairman.

SneakersO'Toole
31-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Tendering his resignation should be top of the list.

Steve20
31-03-2014, 08:10 AM
5. Release prices for season tickets in the Championship next season. He can't expect people to pay the same prices as they would in the Premiership.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 08:12 AM
5. Release prices for season tickets in the Championship next season. He can't expect people to pay the same prices as they would in the Premiership.

I'm glad you made it through the night Steve. One day at a time eh?

Captain Trips
31-03-2014, 08:13 AM
1. Going in saying goodbye to everyone and then leaving for last time should be finished by about 10:00.

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 08:15 AM
1. Ask SFA for clarification on offside rule and why a linesman woudl follow the path of the ball down the line before giving offside.

3 Ask SFA for clarification on Maybury's sending off in comparison to Stevenson completing the game.

Quitting his position at the SFA; I'm fed up with seriously wrong game changing decisions going against us, and him saying the square root of FA about it. It's about time we had a chief executive who publicly condemns these buffons in black.

number 27
31-03-2014, 08:18 AM
1 Get up

2 Breakfast

3 Not give a flying **** about yesterdays result all day long

4 Bed

we are hibs
31-03-2014, 08:19 AM
1) resign.

Www1875hfc
31-03-2014, 08:24 AM

Beefster
31-03-2014, 08:53 AM

Rather than looking to blame someone else, I'd rather Rodders spent his time looking at Hibs and what's wrong within the club.

Didn't Hearts have a perfectly good goal chalked off?

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Rather than looking to blame someone else, I'd rather Rodders spent his time looking at Hibs and what's wrong within the club.

No. Offside was wrongly called, but the Hibs players had stopped because the offside was given. Hardly the same as the linesman putting up his flag after the ball was in the net.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Somehow I get the feeling that these meetings won't be raising any questions like the above, probably how to avoid talking to the fans and the press on what's going to happen in the near future is top of the list, as always from this board the silence is deafening.

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Head sand and buried....arrange in any order!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I think he should make a statement at how embarrassed he and the managers and the players are about what happened yesterday.Also included in the statement should be what is gonna happen in regards yesterday and that everyone at the club will not let this happen again.

I saw in the sun newspaper gary c*ck saying something in regards they could not let us beat them.
For some reason i get the feeling WE, at hibs should have this mentality but sadly we dont, why not?
there is a saying "theres only one thing wrong with losing that is not learning anything from it"
we have been beaten by them THREE fing times this season

we seem to shrugg our shoulders and go aw well on with the next game and not learning anything about why we lost to them.

will he make a statement? well i think i ll be living on the moon before he does

SkintHibby
31-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Can we have less of the "Mr" Petrie pish. Thats the crap them across the road come away with. 'Rod" will suffice.

Beefster
31-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I think he should make a statement at how embarrassed he and the managers and the players are about what happened yesterday.Also included in the statement should be what is gonna happen in regards yesterday and that everyone at the club will not let this happen again.

I saw in the sun newspaper gary c*ck saying something in regards they could not let us beat them.
For some reason i get the feeling WE, at hibs should have this mentality but sadly we dont, why not?
there is a saying "theres only one thing wrong with losing that is not learning anything from it"

we seem to shrugg our shoulders and go aw well on with the next game and not learning anything about why we lost to them.

will he make a statement? well i think i ll be living on the moon before he does

They did that sort of thing after 2012. I'd rather not listen to that type of bull**** again.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-03-2014, 10:18 AM
5 - gtf

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:23 AM
They did that sort of thing after 2012. I'd rather not listen to that type of bull**** again.

Ah ok fair enough.Yet they have beaten us 3 times already this season and god know how many times since 2012.
but you are right words are sorta bull**** as im sure you are aware as am i, as well as every hibs fan we want action taken, but will that happen?

Bottom line is it seems hibs as a club are bottlers, when it comes to them, you just know we aint gonna give them a doing

Pretty Boy
31-03-2014, 10:27 AM

We've had more statements, rallying calls and broken promises to last a lifetime.

A bit action that has a positive impact wouldn't go amiss though.

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:42 AM
We've had more statements, rallying calls and broken promises to last a lifetime.

A bit action that has a positive impact wouldn't go amiss though.

as i said above i understand, but where is this positive, impact action gonna come from?
the only thing i can see is winning our next 5-6games and beatign heartz and giving them a doing

emerald green
31-03-2014, 10:49 AM

Hibs have been a soft touch for many years now. No drive, ambition or strong leadership on or off the pitch. The buck has to stop somewhere for this sorry state of affairs, and if a "company" is failing it should be the person at the top who has to go. Over to you Rod, but I won't be holding my breath.

Hermit Crab
31-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Tendering his resignation should be top of the list.

Yes. 100% this. Time to move on Rodders.

Hibiza
31-03-2014, 10:53 AM
review the long list of "nearly" missed transfers for nominal monies. wouldn't be in this pig sty Rod. Would we. A but wee have east mains .

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2014, 10:53 AM

I'd rather he just got the **** out of the club and never stopped walking.

woodyloon
31-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Hibs have been weak for a good few season, with no obvious choice as a team captain. Look at the embarrassment when Calderwood was appointed, he didn't have any back room staff that he could call his own, he didn't even know what positions the players could play or there names to begin with.

Even now there is no squad player that looks like they could captain the team on and off the pitch and it shows, we are club were no one wants to take responsibility for themselves or others, IMO that's one reason we are struggling, they don't know how to dig deep when things aren't going right.

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Can we have less of the "Mr" Petrie pish. Thats the crap them across the road come away with. 'Rod" will suffice.

He's Roddy now.

Kato
31-03-2014, 11:39 AM

I'm not looking blame anyone else. It's Petrie's job to look after Hibs interests. If he's going to look internally to see what's wrong with the club he's welcome to do that. Saying that he's been at the club for 15 years so anything that is wrong should surely be known to him.

As Chariman he's looked on as Hibs have suffered from poor decision after poor decision going against us. Fair enough one or two and if it were just incompetence or bad luck it would be understandable but it's game after game of disallowed goals, retrospective red cards, shoddy penalty decisions etc etc.

Any other Hibs Chairman in my time would have spoken out a long, long time ago.

He's great preaching about "sporting integrity" when it comes to other clubs balance sheets and financial methods but when it comes to aspects of sporting integrity surrounding the actual sport - not a dicky bird.

No complaints, no going public. He should be using his position at the SFA to Hibs advantage, just like every other office bearer has done for their club but he chooses to be "invisible" which is an embarrasment to us.

Yeah, I saw the ball being put in the net after two Hibs had played to the whistle and stopped.

Hardly "perfect".

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Tendering his resignation should be top of the list.:agree: and clearing his desk

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I'd like him to take the culture change recommendations made by the supporter group seriously.

Waxy
31-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Maybe he should hand in his SFA blazer and start focusing on his club.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Or use his SFA blazer to sort out the refereeing bias against us.

31-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Start linning up some big signing for the summer that are gonna entice the fans back and get us excited again.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Start linning up some big signing for the summer that are gonna entice the fans back and get us excited again.

That's butchers job surely?

Captain Trips
31-03-2014, 12:00 PM
"Hi can I order a taxi please"

Kato
31-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Or use his SFA blazer to sort out the refereeing bias against us.

Exactly.

In Pat Stanton's biography he contrasts Hibs position in the early 70's with Aberdeen's in the early 80's, when he was Ferguson's assitant. Hibs in the early 70's had no sway with the SFA so when it came to "controversial" decisions referees could treat Hibs however they wanted and we suffered because of that. With Aberdeen the Donald family practically ran the SFA and no ref dared step out of line. I think anyone who saw both teams will tell you refs treated Aberdeen very differently to us. Another example is Desmond White's position with the SFA during Celtic's 9 in a row.

Petrie does nothing for Hibs in his role as administrator and as a result we are walked all over time and again in important fixtures. Never even a whimper from the guy.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 12:11 PM
What Petrie should do:

1. Resign.

What he will actually do:

1. Sit down at his desk.

2. Not give a flying **** about yesterday.

Repeat every week till fade.

Lester B
31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
1. Wake up
2. Put kettle on, take tea bag off washing line, make tea and put bag back on line.
3. Pour petrol syphoned from other cars in neighbourhood at 3 am into car.
4. Travel to nearest supermarket, scour car park for loose change and see if anyone has left a poundcoin in the trolleys.
5. Enter supermarket. Pick up anything with yellow sticker and then try to haggle for further reductions from woman at till.
6. Go to office. Read accounts.
7. Go home, picking up any roadkill for use as evening meal.
8. Repeat 2 then settle down to watch super scrimpers DVD bought from charity shop

Cynical? Moi??

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Maybe he should hand in his SFA blazer and start focusing on his club.better if he kept that blazer and left this club before he runs it in tae the ground.

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Call a Q&A and tell us about his 5 year plan :hilarious

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 12:23 PM
He should announce that the current TBGAWA** campaign boll*x has immediately been axed and that he will will no longer patronise the fans with meaningless business bullsh*t phrases.

He should apologise to the fans for the last seven years of unrelenting cr*p we've had to put up with.

He should put together a business plan that will enable Butcher to have an almost total clearout and bring in the players he genuinely wants over the summer.

** One poster hit the nail on the head yesterday when he said that our current team are actually Terry Butcher's Green and White Deserters.

KeithTheHibby
31-03-2014, 12:27 PM
I am not defending RP one bit here however how does someone who owns 10% of Hibs just resign?

Surely he has to be bought out?

greenpaper55
31-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Call a Q&A and tell us about his 5 year plan :hilarious

I give you a probable answer to one of your questions." Our spending as a club is commensurate with the income streams generated by St's notwithstanding the variances our league position has on that variance" ,ie we pay our players less than Motherwell !.

jacomo
31-03-2014, 12:33 PM
I am not defending RP one bit here however how does someone who owns 10% of Hibs just resign?

On this technicality, there is no problem. Rod could continue to own a stake in the club after resigning - in fact, if the majority share owner (Farmer) decided today that he wanted a change at the top, that is what would happen.

Rod has achieved many good things as chairman and I admire him greatly for those. However, the time has come for change at the top.

Golden Bear
31-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Arrangement of a summit meeting with TB should be a priority.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Arrangement of a summit meeting with TB should be a priority.

I'm not sure, well i am sure that talking with the manager, the chairman, STF, or even Tam McCourt wont make the slightest difference. These people in charge of Hibs dont do answers, and even when they do they answer with a question.

Its actions we need.

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 01:46 PM
1. Ignore the fans complaints
2. Call Farmer and get an ok on spending for next year
3. Tell Butcher he has changed his mind about the transfer budget and increased it 3 fold (to £75,000 over 3 years)
4. Make tea, scratch piles eat a ginger snap

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes. 100% this. Time to move on Rodders.

Yep your right, but who will replace him? another do what your told MD?

As long as Farmer is the owner then Petrie will be in charge, they may move him aside but there will be another dummy in his place.

Moon unit
31-03-2014, 09:02 PM
This and This ...again!

IWasThere2016
31-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Seems he did one thing, approve a patronising call for more STs by extending a deadline that is irrelevant to many hundreds/thousands of fans.

Said for years now, he cannot reverse the downward trend .. he never will.

Kato
31-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Seems he did one thing, approve a patronising call for more STs by extending a deadline that is irrelevant to many hundreds/thousands of fans.

Said for years now, he cannot reverse the downward trend .. he never will.

He can start by leaving.

truehibernian
31-03-2014, 09:41 PM

I'll invest :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Get up and repeat the mantra,,,it's the fans fault, it's the fans fault..bed.

greenpaper55
31-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Where's that five year plan gone ?.

FifeHibernian
31-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd like him to take the culture change recommendations made by the supporter group seriously.

What were they?

leggeto
31-03-2014, 10:05 PM
1.trying to figure out which one of those players he can actually sell

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 10:07 PM
What were they?

It included setting targets along with various other things related to the culture of the club.

It was presented to the board over a year ago - no action has been taken on it to my knowledge (or to my mate who actually delivered the presentation).

Hermit Crab
31-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Yep your right, but who will replace him? another do what your told MD?

As long as Farmer is the owner then Petrie will be in charge, they may move him aside but there will be another dummy in his place.

We need someone who cares about the club and who is prepared to show ambition to take the club forward. Not just sit and fester like we have been doing for the last 6 years.