PDA

View Full Version : Where did it all go wrong?

AndySOL1875
30-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I had a season ticket for a few years around the time of the CIS final 2007 and I can remember going to games confidently, expecting to beat the likes of Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen etc. Since then it has all just been an absolute blur of utter s**** and I don't know how/when we will ever get out of this seemingly never ending hole we are digging ourselves.

SlickShoes
30-03-2014, 11:10 PM
The day the players went to petrie greetin

Hermit Crab
30-03-2014, 11:21 PM

Agree. Any other chairman would have told them bolt and get on with it. Not Petrie though. Cotton wool players. All wrapped up and protected.

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Wage thiefs

Allant1981
31-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Sorry but to blame crap results on something that happened years ago is just daft, the reason things have gone wrong is because we had some cracking players who left and replaced them with very average players, and very average managers

DH1875
31-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Sorry but to blame crap results on something that happened years ago is just daft, the reason things have gone wrong is because we had some cracking players who left and replaced them with very average players, and very average managers

And then we replaced the average players with totally kite players.
Think we, the fans do need to accept some of the blame. To many of us have bought into this top 6 crap and seem to think its some sort of achievement if we'd make it. Sorry but finishing 5th or 6th aint great. We should be aiming for 2nd and if we finished 3rd or 4th then fair enough but we can't moan when we target 6th and then finish 7th or 8th.

Captain Trips
31-03-2014, 09:40 AM
What an opportunity we and every club had to actually finish right up near the top for 3/4 seasons and even if be runners still finish 2nd then have those chances increased again by Hearts not being involved. We manage to not be involved or even close, not due to having points taken off but simply due to what are unforgivable mistakes at higher levels at club, the bad teams, bad players, bad everything on the pitch all come down to board room level.

Hibs went wrong when people who couldnt make key decisions at key times regarding the football aspects of the club continued to make decisions. 10th,11th,7th and this term at very very best 7th with no Rangers for 2 of those terms and a Hearts side out of it, everyone involved at ER should be totally ashamed of this. It is a total disgrace and massive opportunity missed by gross incompetence.

GlenrothesHibee
31-03-2014, 09:43 AM
We probably need relegated to be honest. Might finally sort us out.

emerald green
31-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Where did it all go wrong? Where do I begin? I would be on here all day. I've posted my thoughts/opinions/theories (call it what you like) as have lots of others on these forums already, and to be honest the way I'm feeling this morning after getting beat by Hearts, yet again, I cannot really be a****. I got a txt message from someone I know yesterday saying it was now embarrassing to be a Hibs supporter. I know one has to keep things in perspective, as it's football we are talking about here, not life or death issues FFS, but from a footballing aspect that's really sad IMO. The club is a shambles, no leadership both on & off the pitch, and seems to be almost sleep-walking into relegation. I don't know what can now be done to stop the slump, and get this group of players to scramble together 3 or 4 points to keep the club up this season, & buy the manager some time to try to even begin to repair the damage of the last 6/7 seasons. Again, sorry to sound negative, it gives me no pleasure at all. :fuming:

3pm
31-03-2014, 09:48 AM

I understand your view but that's not the solution.

Hibiza
31-03-2014, 10:57 AM
no soul from directors, managers and players. simple as that.

Swedish hibee
31-03-2014, 10:58 AM

How? I'd like to know why you think this as I do not agree with you at all.

Hibiza
31-03-2014, 10:59 AM
what an opportunity we and every club had to actually finish right up near the top for 3/4 seasons and even if be runners still finish 2nd then have those chances increased again by hearts not being involved. We manage to not be involved or even close, not due to having points taken off but simply due to what are unforgivable mistakes at higher levels at club, the bad teams, bad players, bad everything on the pitch all come down to board room level.

Hibs went wrong when people who couldnt make key decisions at key times regarding the football aspects of the club continued to make decisions. 10th,11th,7th and this term at very very best 7th with no rangers for 2 of those terms and a hearts side out of it, everyone involved at er should be totally ashamed of this. It is a total disgrace and massive opportunity missed by gross incompetence.

spot on

Waxy
31-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Where did it all go wrong? Well, a group of friends decided to form a football team..................

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Is this a wind up?

31-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Have to agree tbh. Was a disgrace how Petrie handled that incident and treated Collins just because the poor wee lambs were upset at actually being made to do some hard work. I actually think is Collins had stayed he would have done well. He had a good hard work ethic that he wanted to install into his players, none of this pampering nonsense.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2014, 11:06 AM
The decline set in during Collins tenure, we were struggling when he chose to walk.

Good players were moved on, understandably given the money on offer, and the money to replace them was spent badly by successive managers. Any brief peaks (August to February under Hughes) seem to have been built on pretty shaky foundations and have imploded pretty quickly. More money spent unwisely, high player turnover, an increasingly disillusioned and frustrated fan base, cutbacks in the boardroom to try and save cash leading to a less efficient running off the club, more money badly spent, broken promises, a feeling of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome, more money badly spent and no real signs of a long term footballing plan (despite claims to the contrary).

We really are a proper mess.

Captain Trips
31-03-2014, 11:07 AM
RP "No Colin Calderowod is not available we are keeping him but thanks for enquiry"

Final nail hammered home summer 2011.

TowerHibs
31-03-2014, 11:21 AM
The club has no drive or direction. Petrie was quite rightly slated for coming out and mentioning a 5 year plan this time last year. No one knows any details of this or even if it exists.

The club need to come out, now the infrastucture is complete, with a public 5 year plan so the fans know what we are going towards. This has to be in public domain so the people who run the club can be held accountable because if not, people like me will become disillusioned and not bother going back. I am fed up with blind loyalty and going through the motions

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 12:32 PM
The downward spiral started after JC Left it has been going downhill ever since and is now gathering speed the jury is out on Butcher if he keeps us up that is a start a foundation to build on for next season with proper investment not a couple of loanees and journeymen past it out to pasture duds.
We need to make Easter Road a feared place for oposition teams right now its our team that fears playing at home other teams can sense this fact and more ofen than not use it against us and its been going on for almost 7 years now.
A Stronger mindset is needed

Hamish
31-03-2014, 01:06 PM
As regards this season, IMO it all started to go wrong when United equalised at Tannadice on 5th Jan. If we had held on to win then I think we would have kicked on and finished 4th or 5th.

andy1875
31-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Yogis season when we finished 4th was the start of this "slump" for me.

The 1-4 game against Rangers when Stokesy scored after 15 seconds and bang we go on a terrible run, are lucky to stay 4th and then the manager and player merry go round started.

Just my opinion of course, but that game for me is when it all started to go down hill.

Kato
31-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Was a disgrace how Petrie handled that incident and treated Collins

How did that pan out exactly.

Albion Hibs
31-03-2014, 08:11 PM
For me the two key things are, we stopped producing our own talent, and the money has been taken out of scottish football.

We we had an era of some outstanding young players, perhaps it was a once in a lifetime thing or perhaps we lost the better coaches and scouts. Dundee Utd are pretty close now to what we had then with some excellent young players. We are always going to be a selling club, but having something to sell will always benefit a managers budget. Over recent years we have had nothing on that front.

the money has been ripped out of scottish football. Investment is always going to be needed, if we got a fraction of what the epl teams do we would have much better product on the park, which would surely in turn result in bigger crowds coming thought the gate and alas even more money to the club...perhaps meaning even better product. For what we get from sky now I would tell them to stick it. If clubs were getting decent money and alas had decent players on the pitch I could half live with the constant Sunday fixtures, but we currently are getting neither. In fairness I am sure sky probably quite like that, a rival league in terms of viewers in a neighbouring country probably would not help there subscription numbers!

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2014, 08:17 PM
All went wrong when the Teflon Chairman sussed that one inspired choice of manager would make him untouchable.

Aldo
31-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Yogis season when we finished 4th was the start of this "slump" for me. The 1-4 game against Rangers when Stokesy scored after 15 seconds and bang we go on a terrible run, are lucky to stay 4th and then the manager and player merry go round started. Just my opinion of course, but that game for me is when it all started to go down hill.

The slump started after we won the CIS Cup IMHO. Instead of adding one or 2 quality players but instead it was 6,7, 8 or even 9 players every season.

Instead of kicking on we have went from one disaster to another.

yekimevol
31-03-2014, 08:20 PM
It all went wrong ... this season, when we could not get the return of Leigh Griffiths. He was our most important player last year the one who could spark the team into action. His loss was greatly felt but then losing key / decent players to injury has not helped either :

- Harris for basically the season at the same time his deputy Cairney got injured for a long time after getting himself really fit, Losing our leader Mcpake to a back problem that should have been solved in the summer also has effected the team (Heard that was the reason for paddy making large changes to the medical staff at the start of the season).

I also believe that Butcher hasn't helped the situation at all, Dont think the team like his tactics, then there seems to be issues with some players e.g. not playing KT, Williams saying he wants to sign a new contract and then nothing happening with rumors of issues with the sacking of the GK coach thompson.

we are hibs
31-03-2014, 08:22 PM
It all went wrong as soon as we appointed calderwood. The guy should never have set foot in Easter road never mind "manage" us.

andy1875
31-03-2014, 08:40 PM
The slump started after we won the CIS Cup IMHO. Instead of adding one or 2 quality players but instead it was 6,7, 8 or even 9 players every season.

Instead of kicking on we have went from one disaster to another.

I take your point Aldo but Collins won the league cup and took us mighty close to a Scottish Cup final a few months later. Arguably it was Moggas team but lets give JC credit for the CIS for arguments sake.

Mixu then comes in and takes us to 3 consecutive top 6 finishes. Again by no means a slump. Mind the top 6, I do........just :greengrin

We then appoint Yogi and for me, like i said, the Xmas/New Year defeat to Rangers turned our season and we've been getting progressively worse since.

Calderwood, disaster.

Fenlon, disaster.

Butcher, time will tell.

heretoday
31-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Arthur Duncan's own goal in 1979.

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 09:03 PM
It all went wrong as soon as we appointed calderwood. The guy should never have set foot in Easter road never mind "manage" us.

Terry has the exact same percentage % results in the same games played as deadwood had which i think is slightly worse than duffy jims.

Top Pans Hibby
31-03-2014, 09:11 PM

I cried. Aged 13.

FastEddieFelson
31-03-2014, 09:12 PM
When de graaf missed a sitter at home to huns, first game of the new east stand.

Or just when we demolished the old east stand...

Glory Lurker
31-03-2014, 09:14 PM
I cried. Aged 13.

I was just a wee guy at the time, not even committed to a club. The reaction from my Dad (listening on the radio) when that went in is still one of the most enduring football memories I have, though. :boo hoo:

Nakedmanoncrack
31-03-2014, 09:18 PM

My first season supporting Hibs, never been closer to winning the Scottish Cup since- so yes, been downhill ever since.

IberianHibernian
31-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Once a club starts a downward spiral it`s very hard to stop it and our decline since 2007 when we started to sell our best players coincided with other changes in Scottish football making it harder to attract better players and making it increasingly difficult for successive managers to build a team . I don`t think Yogi , Mixu , CC or Fenlon are terrible managers ( all have had some success as coaches or managers away from Hibs ) but don`t think any of them got as much support as would have been good for club ( support is not just financial but also includes public support from board , good supply of young players coming through , good scouting network ) . One example . Only a year ago , we were taking a big , happy support to Killie etc and playing some good football especially in away games on our way to 2nd successive cup final for first time in about 80 years . It was obvious that a close season of less than a month would make training and recruitment difficult but did manager get extra help to get signings in early and have extra training staff ? Seriously doubt it . To answer original question , departure of John Park seemed to coincide with start of fall - may have been because of cutbacks caused by reduced TV money but when he was at Hibs we were looking at some very good players abroad as well as having a successful youth programme . To be fair to his successors ( if they had similar influence ) they could probably only dream about signing players we actively followed in Park`s time .

leggeto
31-03-2014, 09:36 PM
I had a season ticket for a few years around the time of the CIS final 2007 and I can remember going to games confidently, expecting to beat the likes of Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen etc. Since then it has all just been an absolute blur of utter s**** and I don't know how/when we will ever get out of this seemingly never ending hole we are digging ourselves.

because we can't keep our good players for more than a season,sold on and replaced with average replacements

stevejordan
31-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Once a club starts a downward spiral it`s very hard to stop it and our decline since 2007 when we started to sell our best players coincided with other changes in Scottish football making it harder to attract better players and making it increasingly difficult for successive managers to build a team . I don`t think Yogi , Mixu , CC or Fenlon are terrible managers ( all have had some success as coaches or managers away from Hibs ) but don`t think any of them got as much support as would have been good for club ( support is not just financial but also includes public support from board , good supply of young players coming through , good scouting network ) . One example . Only a year ago , we were taking a big , happy support to Killie etc and playing some good football especially in away games on our way to 2nd successive cup final for first time in about 80 years . It was obvious that a close season of less than a month would make training and recruitment difficult but did manager get extra help to get signings in early and have extra training staff ? Seriously doubt it . To answer original question , departure of John Park seemed to coincide with start of fall - may have been because of cutbacks caused by reduced TV money but when he was at Hibs we were looking at some very good players abroad as well as having a successful youth programme . To be fair to his successors ( if they had similar influence ) they could probably only dream about signing players we actively followed in Park`s time .

when was the last player that Petrie sold for BIG MONEY ? is their anyone in our current squad that Petrie can sell for BIG MONEY so its all John Parks fault now give us a break

leggeto
31-03-2014, 09:46 PM
when was the last player that Petrie sold for BIG MONEY ? is their anyone in our current squad that Petrie can sell for BIG MONEY so its all John Parks fault now give us a break

think he means its petries fault

IberianHibernian
31-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I`m saying the opposite . I`m saying that since Park`s departure we seem to have been weaker in youth development and signings . Celtic will have looked for him for something . There are others here who seem to know a lot about how the youth teams and recruitment are run and they`ll know if things have changed in last decade . For scouting and signings , we`re certainly looking in a different market than before , understandable given reduced TV money etc but also down to priorities . Not talking of signing Sauzees or Latapys , being more realistic - more like Zhubirs , Benjis or Zemmamas . Were unlucky with Mulhall injury ( is there any news of when he`ll be back ? ) as that was one signing which looked like a great one .

ALF TUPPER
01-04-2014, 07:46 AM

My thoughts too. :agree:

johnrebus
01-04-2014, 08:02 AM
The defeat at Ross County in the Cup, four years ago.

Albion Hibs
01-04-2014, 10:16 PM

on that basis I would say sacking mixu was probably a far bigger mistake than appointing calderwood. A top 6 finish, pretty much with someone else's team and unbeaten off the jambos.

hhibs
01-04-2014, 10:31 PM
What an opportunity we and every club had to actually finish right up near the top for 3/4 seasons and even if be runners still finish 2nd then have those chances increased again by Hearts not being involved. We manage to not be involved or even close, not due to having points taken off but simply due to what are unforgivable mistakes at higher levels at club, the bad teams, bad players, bad everything on the pitch all come down to board room level.

Hibs went wrong when people who couldnt make key decisions at key times regarding the football aspects of the club continued to make decisions. 10th,11th,7th and this term at very very best 7th with no Rangers for 2 of those terms and a Hearts side out of it, everyone involved at ER should be totally ashamed of this. It is a total disgrace and massive opportunity missed by gross incompetence.

How true !

Greencore
01-04-2014, 10:38 PM
When did it start? When john park left for celtic.

Ronniekirk
01-04-2014, 10:41 PM
When did it start? When john park left for celtic.
Yep had an eye for a player that's was for sure and Celtic cherry picked him because of this

hhibs
I`m saying the opposite . I`m saying that since Park`s departure we seem to have been weaker in youth development and signings . Celtic will have looked for him for something . There are others here who seem to know a lot about how the youth teams and recruitment are run and they`ll know if things have changed in last decade . For scouting and signings , we`re certainly looking in a different market than before , understandable given reduced TV money etc but also down to priorities . Not talking of signing Sauzees or Latapys , being more realistic - more like Zhubirs , Benjis or Zemmamas . Were unlucky with Mulhall injury ( is there any news of when he`ll be back ? ) as that was one signing which looked like a great one .

Wow,that had completely passed me bye,what, where and how has happened to Mulhall?

Had a quick review of that sentence and realised it could be read as being a smart ass,sorry ,it is a genuine question

Saorsa

Hibs went wrong when people who couldnt make key decisions at key times regarding the football aspects of the club continued to make decisions. 10th,11th,7th and this term at very very best 7th with no Rangers for 2 of those terms and a Hearts side out of it, everyone involved at ER should be totally ashamed of this. It is a total disgrace and massive opportunity missed by gross incompetence.Hear hear :top marks

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2014, 10:46 PM

said it a few times myself this season...shame on whoever is/are responsible :agree:

ManBearPig
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM

well said. some people forget the good times last season. certainly better than a lot of Scottish football fans experience. can we do better? of course! but could be worse

Mikey09
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
The entire club, from top to bottom accepts mediocrity.... My personal opinion.

Golden Bear
03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
We're far too soft both on and off the park.

The manner in which the players' so readily accepted the ludicrous offside decision by the linesman in the latest Derby was just another example.

I thought TB would have at least a winning mentality into the minds of the players by now but there's not much evidence of that either.

Captain Trips
03-04-2014, 11:06 AM
ER Offices 2010: "Mr Petrie will see you now Mr Calderwood" fast forward if you will to November 2011 "Mr Petrie sorry I mean somebody else definitely not Mr Petrie as it has nothing to do with him will see you now Mr Fenlon"

Waxy
03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
We seemed to be heading in the right direction last year.The Malmo match booted us all in the guts before we'd even really got going. If we scrape through this season intact then we can only get better, i hope.

Makaveli
03-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Of course we couldn't hold onto Brown etc forever but when you look back at how easily we let guys like Boozy and Shiels go, then factor in what we replaced them with... it's just disgusting.

Gatecrasher
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
The entire club, from top to bottom accepts mediocrity.... My personal opinion.

I don't think a lot of the fans do, just look at a lot of the discussion on here for example.

The Sea-gull
03-04-2014, 12:05 PM
There is not one thing or one time that clearly defines when it all went wrong. Just a succession of bad decisions.
I think the main thing centres around the choice of managers. They got lucky with Mowbray. Or maybe they didn't. Maybe it was a carefully planned appointment.

Collins was the wrong choice ultimately though many of us (the board, the fans, the media) were seduced by the idea of JC as Hibs manager so there was not many saying it was a bad appointment at the time.

Mixu was the cheap option, he did not have the right experience but though it didn’t seem like it at the time as standards and expectations were a lot higher 5 years ago, looking back he actually did a no bad job given what has come since.

Yogi was a sensible appointment. He had served his time doing well at a smaller SPL club and was the sort of appointment we should have gone for. It never worked out of course.

Then comes the ridiculous in CC and Fenlon. Calderwood didn’t know Scottish football and had a patchy CV but I’m not sure he was a cheap option. Just the wrong option.

Fenlon was really the appointment they had to get right and they went for the cheap option. No suitable experience and no clue.
I firmly believe if we had gone for a Butcher, a McCall or a McInnes at the point we went for CC or Fenlon, we would not be in the mess we are in now.

Mikey09
03-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't think a lot of the fans do, just look at a lot of the discussion on here for example.

I would suggest a lot of fans do accept it now. More through boredom and frustration than anything else. It would be interesting to know how many would accept a mediocre 6th place finish next season. I would say the right manager is in place now, but I would still question whether the club has the ambition to back him. John Collins for me could have taken this club on but for a lack of ambition from the club. Will they be the same with butcher?? Remains to be seen. Just my opinion Gatecrasher :thumbsup:

Delboy4
03-04-2014, 01:09 PM
In my opinion, I think it was when Petrie allowed the players to come to his house so they could talk about their hardship with the clubs MANAGER!!!!!

If I was the chairman in that position, I would have told them all to come along and ushered them into the "lounge area" (cos he must have a big hoose) and have JC the gaffer sitting there waiting for them...!

Now that would have been a hell of a meeting!

A 5 minute chat to tell them to get their act together with regards the extra training, if not happy with the managers decision...move onto another club who wants to work on an amauter basis. Open the door and tell them to report back to training an hour earlier tomorrow morning...end of discussion!!

Imagine a player reporting back to the missus, eh, I've left Hibs (who pay our mortgages and other bills) because the training is too hard darlin'...they're wanting us to kick a baw aboot after lunch and maybe do a bit in the gym!!

Aye right...get oan yer bike.

Christ, every supporter would give their right dangly bit to play for their football team AND get paid loads of cash!

GGTTH

:flag:

confused
03-04-2014, 06:04 PM
In my opinion, I think it was when Petrie allowed the players to come to his house so they could talk about their hardship with the clubs MANAGER!!!!!

If I was the chairman in that position, I would have told them all to come along and ushered them into the "lounge area" (cos he must have a big hoose) and have JC the gaffer sitting there waiting for them...!

A 5 minute chat to tell them to get their act together with regards the extra training, if not happy with the managers decision...move onto another club who wants to work on an amauter basis. Open the door and tell them to report back to training an hour earlier tomorrow morning...end of discussion!!

Imagine a player reporting back to the missus, eh, I've left Hibs (who pay our mortgages and other bills) because the training is too hard darlin'...they're wanting us to kick a baw aboot after lunch and maybe do a bit in the gym!!

Christ, every supporter would give their right dangly bit to play for their football team AND get paid loads of cash!

GGTTH

I find it hard to disagree with you , but I'm sure some will.

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2014, 06:10 PM
For me personally I think it all started going wrong on the day I was born and my old man started the process of brainwashing me into being a Hibs fan. I've hardly experienced a day of true happiness since. But you know what, I would change it for anything.

Kaiser1962
03-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Agree. Any other chairman would have told them bolt and get on with it. Not Petrie though. Cotton wool players. All wrapped up and protected.

What a crock of total sheite.

Kaiser1962
03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
At what point did he not support JC Dellboy?

GGTTH

Captain Trips
03-04-2014, 06:45 PM
No more no less than piss poor appointment of managers, clearing up the mess of 5/6 bad signings and the effects that can have will affect the next manager and so fourth especially if the next manager isnt very good either. One bad manager and his money wasted had 10x the effects than the players going to Petrie. That for me has nothing to do with Colin Calderwood being a joke of a manager with his by and large joke signings add PF into the mix and you have Hibs today.

The player revolt had its effect at time but for me had and has nothing to do 3,4 or 5 managers later.

emerald green
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM

The manner in which the players' so readily accepted the ludicrous offside decision by the linesman in the latest Derby was just another example.

I thought TB would have at least a winning mentality into the minds of the players by now but there's not much evidence of that either.

:agree: Agree with this. Hibs, as a club, have been pushovers for years. If that disallowed goal decision had been given against the yams they would have been swarming all over the linesman and referee complaining like f***. Other clubs do it. Why don't Hibs? Are they told not to? If so, why? A losing mentality seems to run through our first team. I cannot include the U20s in this cos they are a credit to our club, their coach, and themselves.:aok:

Kato
03-04-2014, 09:37 PM
For me personally I think it all started going wrong on the day I was born and my old man started the process of brainwashing me into being a Hibs fan. I've hardly experienced a day of true happiness since. But you know what, I would change it for anything.

Freudian slip there bud?

Albion Hibs
03-04-2014, 10:20 PM

agreed. For years we have been missing players, hibs fans or not, that really cared about hibs as a club rather than simply a team, employer, and league position for the season or two that they will be there for. I really hope TB adds some steal and aggression to this team, players that actually want a future at the club, not just a loan deal or something similar in a lack of commitment.

Sunday was minging, I don't think it is any surprise at all that Lewis Stevenson was the only one showing any fight in going / challenging for the ball...and if all else fails just boot one of them up in the air and get a bit of passion into the stands!

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Freudian slip there bud?

Aye, I think so. Sometimes I think I'd change it Nah, not really :-D

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Petrie

gegs70
05-04-2014, 11:27 PM
I wonder how much of it is down to the manager we wouldn't offer Rooney a 2 yr deal we could have had flood but was £500 short a week. spent too much time failing to get Griffiths and Taylor then spending cash for a striker who doesn't look able to hit the,back of the net. Sounds a bit of penny pinching really....perhaps Fenlon was a cheap gamble too???

I think Butcher should have,brought in more players given what we've seen over the last season or 2!

Is Caldwell a better option than Collins?

AgentDaleCooper
05-04-2014, 11:43 PM
it is interesting, though probably a complete coincidence, that our current slump started pretty close to the time the old east was demolished. i think we've pretty consistently been utter ***** ever since, with the odd 5 game run, but nothing serious. the last serious slump we suffered occurred in sort of similar circumstances - doing amazing in the league with mcleish, pushing to split the OF, then the old west was knocked down, and we never really recovered until mowbray appeared. probably nothing in it, but it is a bit strange. only 3 years between the west stand being knocked down and us getting good again (2001-2004), but we've been pish for 4 years this time - (2010 - 2014).

i need to remind myself of the 'conflation of correlation with cause' fallacy at this point...

clerriehibs
05-04-2014, 11:50 PM
signing michael s7ewar7

Waxy
08-04-2014, 01:39 PM
It went wrong when we flattened the slope? Bring the slope back.