PDA

View Full Version : What would you do differently ?

chipmunk hibby
30-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I was talking to my dad earlier after the game and we were discussing what we would do if we were in butchers boots, my dad said he would host a meeting with the u21s defenders and ask them if they wanted to play instead of our 'experienced players' because they would give 110%. Nothing to lose as the defence doesn't do anything anyways. Anyone agree ? And what would you do ?:tbgwa:

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I was talking to my dad earlier after the game and we were discussing what we would do if we were in butchers boots, my dad said he would host a meeting with the u21s defenders and ask them if they wanted to play instead of our 'experienced players' because they would give 110%. Nothing to lose as the defence doesn't do anything anyways. Anyone agree ? And what would you do ?:tbgwa:

Wouldn't need to host a meeting at all. Many people in the game rate Black highly and would have no hesitation at all putting him in at right back to IMPROVE the side. And Baptie on the other flank.

Horribine would come into my midfield for urgency and dig, and dare I say I'd consider Zoubir and Cummings too - Heffernan would get a consistent run of games too.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I would have played as many youngsters as possible today. We we're beaten today by sheer enthusiasm, nothing more.

I'd also be playing youngsters up until the end of the season. I don't think our "pros" are up to the task of keeping us up and that we'd have a better chance with a team of players that actually have something to prove. Not players that know they're as good as gone.

1875M
30-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Was talking about this earlier too. I don't watch the U20's or youth teams but surely there must be a young centre half coming through the ranks? I've heard Baptie and Black's named mentioned on here but i think they are full backs? Anyway i'd play them - they can't be any worse than Maybury or McGivern!

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Does anyone think we should be looking to bring Booth back into the squad ?

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 07:44 PM
First thing I would do is get the defenders to stop allowing opponents so much space when they are on the ball. This was fully evident today, the yam defenders allowing our wide players no space whilst enjoying the luxury of acres when they came forward.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Does anyone think we should be looking to bring Booth back into the squad ?

We can't this season, but Butcher says he'll be back at Hibs for pre season

ancient hibee
30-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Was talking about this earlier too. I don't watch the U20's or youth teams but surely there must be a young centre half coming through the ranks? I've heard Baptie and Black's named mentioned on here but i think they are full backs? Anyway i'd play them - they can't be any worse than Maybury or McGivern!

Think the centre half is called Forster.

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 07:47 PM
We can't this season, but Butcher says he'll be back at Hibs for pre season

yeah next season was what i was meaning BW. :aok:

rcarter1
30-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I would like to rewind a few weeks and ask Butcher not to publicly rubbish the players currently at his disposal. If we go down it will be down to a lack of commitment from them as much as a lack of ability. By implying the players have no part in his plans, he has lost any leadership role he once held. Its really astonishing that he could do this within a few months of joining the club.

I have three thoughts about why he trashed the team in the press:

1. He wanted to alienate the duds in the squad to the extent that they will actively seek new clubs and get them off our wages bill. If we go down it will have been a really bad call. If we stay up, it is possibly a clever (albeit quite nasty) thing to do to clear as many wages for new players.

2. He doesn't believe he will be backed in the summer and wants out. By destroying the confidence of the players and putting us on a run of bad form it will make it easier for him to pack his bags and leave.

3. He lost patience and snapped; without heed to the effect on the club he is leading.

I hope it is 1, but suspect it might be more like 3.

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I would like to rewind a few weeks and ask Butcher not to publicly rubbish the players currently at his disposal. If we go down it will be down to a lack of commitment from them as much as a lack of ability. By implying the players have no part in his plans, he has lost any leadership role he once held. Its really astonishing that he could do this within a few months of joining the club.

I have three thoughts about why he trashed the team in the press:

1. He wanted to alienate the duds in the squad to the extent that they will actively seek new clubs and get them off our wages bill. If we go down it will have been a really bad call. If we stay up, it is possibly a clever (albeit quite nasty) thing to do to clear as many wages for new players.

2. He doesn't believe he will be backed in the summer and wants out. By destroying the confidence of the players and putting us on a run of bad form it will make it easier for him to pack his bags and leave.

3. He lost patience and snapped; without heed to the effect on the club he is leading.

I hope it is 1, but suspect it might be more like 3.

i would say 3 as well,he has probably never had to work with such a useless bunch of players in his career,hence big changes in the summer

TheFamous1875
30-03-2014, 08:35 PM
We we're beaten today by sheer enthusiasm, nothing more.

Imagine our players had the enthusiasm of the young Hearts players. That should be the minimum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sammy7nil
30-03-2014, 08:40 PM
If and it is a very BIG if there are 11 players out of the current squad he plans to keep I would pull them aside and tell them they are playing in the next 6 games KEEP US UP :cb

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Imagine our players had the enthusiasm of the young Hearts players. That should be the minimum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a myth that should not be getting continuing airtime on here, or anywhere

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Does anyone think we should be looking to bring Booth back into the squad ? I do as soon as possible.

Think the centre half is called Forster. That is where he should play along side Hanlon next season.

edinburghhibee
30-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Our issue is TB doesn't trust our squad today we lacked everything composure, drive, focus will to win everything that ICT had while butcher was there.

This squad couldn't give a flying **** and as soon as we are clear of 11th place bin them. McGivern, Nelson, maybury, should just **** off not a scrap of fight between them.

I'll say tho handling was terrible today he has been put in the position perfect for Craig and did the square root of **** all.

****ing useless sh!7bags. Get to **** hibs!!

edinburghhibee
30-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I do as soon as possible. That is where he should play along side Hanlon next season.

Hanlon's ***** tae! Powder puff CB **** knows how he won POTY must have been drawn out a hat!!

sleeping giant
30-03-2014, 09:12 PM
The OP was discussing this earlier with ME :greengrin