PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan - Unused Sub?

hfc rd
30-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I know it's been mentioned before. But I really just don't understand how this guy never came on today, especially for Collins who was having another one of his typical stinkers of a game. A guy that is proven at this level and has scored a hattrick up there before, can't get a game ahead of that headless donkey.

Beefster
30-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Every time we get beat and Heffernan doesn't play, we get folk screaming for him.

Every time Heffernan plays, he's rubbish.

30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I couldn't understand that either, he has goals in him so god knows why he wasn't used.

Paisley Hibby
30-03-2014, 06:30 PM
I know it's been mentioned before. But I really just don't understand how this guy never came on today, especially for Collins who was having another one of his typical stinkers of a game. A guy that is proven at this level and has scored a hattrick up there before, can't get a game ahead of that headless donkey.
Were you at St Johnstone last week? If you were you would know why heff didn't come on today... he came on second half and did hee haw :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
30-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Were you at St Johnstone last week? If you were you would know why heff didn't come on today... he came on second half and did hee haw :rolleyes:

I agree. Why was he on the bench instead of Cummings today though?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 06:32 PM
He's no great but he's a proven goalscorer in this league.

See a couple of the balls that flashed across goal or where bouncing about in the box near the end, who would you think is more likely to be in the right position to smash one home, Heffernan or Collins?

Paisley Hibby
30-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I agree. Why was he on the bench instead of Cummings today though?

Very good question mate :agree:

Franck Stanton
30-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Now, I am in the "wait until this time next season to judge Collins" as I really do think he will come good, but, on todays performance from him I really do think he should have been subbed for Heff 10/15min into second half as he was not contributing anything and as has been previously stated in earlier posts, Heff can score a goal from scraps/half chances in the penalty area. { Lets face it guys/gals, it wasn't just Collins not playing well that cost us todays game. Unfortunately the problems are much deeper than that].

Deek01
30-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I can't remember him warming up during the game either, he definitely didn't at half time.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Every time we get beat and Heffernan doesn't play, we get folk screaming for him.

Every time Heffernan plays, he's rubbish.

:agree:

He played last week didn't he? How did we get on?

The Voice Of Reason
30-03-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm surprised that heffernan didn't replace handling.

Defenders must love playing against handling- can anyone tell me what he offers ?

Pace - no
Strength - no
Great Arial ability - no
Trickery - no

Anyone?

Twa Cairpets
30-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Defenders must love playing against handling- can anyone tell me what he offers ?

Pace - no
Strength - no
Great Arial ability - no
Trickery - no

Anyone?

Actually thought handling had a good second half today. Worked, sought to create, created space for himself but had nowhere/nothing to aim at afterwards.

ballengeich
30-03-2014, 08:03 PM
From the league table it seems that our problem is lack of goals. The weak part of our team is the forwards. Only Hearts have scored fewer.

My view is that the best attacking combination available during the season has been Collins and Heffernan. I don't know why butcher hasn't tried to give them a chance to form a working partnership. Neither of them is great, but to me they're the best of a very limited bunch.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-03-2014, 07:04 AM

Pace - no
Strength - no
Great Arial ability - no
Trickery - no

Anyone?

I don't buy into this support the youngsters nonsense it's just not worth it ...

Brightside
31-03-2014, 07:09 AM
The fact that Terry has continued to play McGivern should really be questioned now. We have other players for that position, and I'd rather have a 16yo in there that a total non footballer. THAT is Terry's job and he has failed.

J-C
31-03-2014, 07:11 AM

Pace - no
Strength - no
Great Arial ability - no
Trickery - no

Anyone?

Weird that eh? cause I thought Handling and the rest of the youngsters were the only ones to looks half decent , Stanton showed his class, Harris looked lively and more confident, Handling attempted to make this happen and Forster looked a hell of a lot more comfortable at CH.

On this performance the only ones worth keeping are the youngsters, they were the only ones to look like they gave a frig.

Brightside
31-03-2014, 07:11 AM
I don't buy into this support the youngsters nonsense it's just not worth it ...

Handlings job was to provide link up between Midfield and Collins. On the very few occasions that the defence didnt lump the ball up the park he did his job very well. BUT there is no point playing a 4-4-1-1 if you are going to bypass midfield.

J-C
31-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Handlings job was to provide link up between Midfield and Collins. On the very few occasions that the defence didnt lump the ball up the park he did his job very well. BUT there is no point playing a 4-4-1-1 if you are going to bypass midfield.

:agree:
Which was obvious when Thomson came on and suddenly the ball was on the deck and we started to control the game, you really have to question Butchers tactics and his overall vision for this club. We have pretty decent ball players at the club but he refuses to acknowledge this and insists on high tempo hoof. :confused:

Brooster
31-03-2014, 07:25 AM

Were you at St Johnstone last week? If you were you would know that Heff played the whole 90 mins.