PDA

View Full Version : Maybury

Hibernia Na Eir
30-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Please. GTF.

Take McGivern with you.

hibsbollah
30-03-2014, 06:03 PM
You can only ***** with the sphincter you've got. Or something.

Jdawg
30-03-2014, 06:06 PM
More worryingly, we must have terrible right backs in the youth teams if we have to play Maybury. I feel for Maybury, he was on a hiding to nothing. Old and not match fit and has to come in to play right back.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Please. GTF. Take McGivern with you. Why. What did he do wrong part from a few hoofs or 5. Fair enough this will be his last season but didn't do much else wrong tbh. He got sent off after a stupid free kick from Stanton and KT.

View Maybury was easily our best defender today (wouldn't be hard mind you)

leithsansiro
30-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Why. What did he do wrong part from a few hoofs or 5. Fair enough this will be his last season but didn't do much else wrong tbh. He got sent off after a stupid free kick from Stanton and KT.

View Maybury was easily our best defender today (wouldn't be hard mind you)

Maybury was OK. The best of a poor bunch. McGivern however, needs to get back to the player he was when he first joined on loan.

Michael
30-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Maybury is only supposed to be cover. He's actually pretty good for a 35 year old who's lost his pace.

hibee_girl
30-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Maybury is only supposed to be cover. He's actually pretty good for a 35 year old who's lost his pace.

This.

His main role at the club is a coach and by all accounts he's doing pretty well.

He is the last person we should be blaming for today.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 07:38 PM
What worries me about Maybury is not his poor playing skills but his influence as a coach at the club. I'd rather have the tea lady coach Forster on defending as a right back.

lucky
30-03-2014, 07:41 PM
I've watched Maybury play at U20s and he is stand out. I don't think any of our young defenders are ready to step up. We could have played McGirven at CH alongside Nelson and move Lewis to left back played Craig or Harris Left midfield with Forster at RB. But to be Forster was terrible today.

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Is Foster being asked to do too much ? what age is he ?

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 07:45 PM
People blaming Alan Maybury for today's result insinuating that he was at fault today. Go do us a favour and stick your head in the oven.

Heisenberg
30-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I've watched Maybury play at U20s and he is stand out. I don't think any of our young defenders are ready to step up. We could have played McGirven at CH alongside Nelson and move Lewis to left back played Craig or Harris Left midfield with Forster at RB. But to be Forster was terrible today.

Forster has been poor for a long time now. So have our whole defence. Unless we somehow sort it out we are going to keep shipping goals and slip down the league. Only other option we have is to put the 20s which isn't a good move if they aren't ready.

Billy Whizz
People blaming Alan Maybury for today's result insinuating that he was at fault today. Go do us a favour and stick your head in the oven.

I agree, thought he played Nicholson well

cabbageandribs1875
marc doesn't deserve prayers :( ovens can kill

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I pray this barrage of guff stops.

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I thought maybury done not too bad today. For someone who hasnt had many games recently and aged 35 i think hes a bit of a model pro. Butchers asked him to play and i doubt he would say no. Theres a couple of hibbys i wouldve liked to have seen playing today who are a few years younger but unfortunately their careers are near over.

andy1875
30-03-2014, 08:04 PM
The posts and shouts at games directed at Maybury at any given chance are a joke.

He will never be a world beater but he's a 35 year old coach who will be on a very modest wage and one who in my opinion, has always given his all.

Unlucky today with the second yellow.

His compatriot full back Ryan McGivern was AWFUL again today and has been stinking all season, as have countless others.

Get of the band wagon slagging Maybury, it's boring.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2014, 08:13 PM
What worries me about Maybury is not his poor playing skills but his influence as a coach at the club. I'd rather have the tea lady coach Forster on defending as a right back.

Jeezo.

Albion Hibs
30-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I would have maybury nowhere near a hibs team, especially when playing against hearts. I feel it is no coincidence that he puts in these performances against them. One of my biggest disappointments of today was not be able to get money on him getting sent off...the only surprise being he left it so late.

SaulGoodman
30-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I would have maybury nowhere near a hibs team, especially when playing against hearts. I feel it is no coincidence that he puts in these performances against them. One of my biggest disappointments of today was not be able to get money on him getting sent off...the only surprise being he left it so late.

:hilarious

Albion Hibs
30-03-2014, 09:47 PM
shut up beat it. I will have my opinion you keeps yours.

Unseen work
30-03-2014, 09:48 PM
He's 35 and hasn't played first team football in months and them gets called in for a derby

No complaints for me. Was solid and one of our better players IMO.

jacomo
30-03-2014, 09:51 PM
beat it. I will have my opinion you keeps yours.

You seriously suggesting Maybury deliberately threw the game because he's a Jambo?

Seriously?

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Christ some folk just can't get over the fact that he played for Hearts................sad *******

EdinMike
30-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Opinions... But I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he had a decent game :confused:

Pete
30-03-2014, 10:03 PM

He was hung out to dry for the second booking...exposed because we had all gone up the park trying to score and failed to hold onto the ball.

Did you see the love between him and the hearts fans today.?

monktonharp
31-03-2014, 01:02 AM
More worryingly, we must have terrible right backs in the youth teams if we have to play Maybury. I feel for Maybury, he was on a hiding to nothing. Old and not match fit and has to come in to play right back.I don't feel for Maybury at all. In actual fact, thinking back at the 2 shots he had at goal in both halfs of yesterday's game, he is sheite and should be punted now, never mind the end of the season. the 2 bookings he got, well what else can be said. he allowed himself to be duped for the second, which was a big help to his teammates, and the loyal fans that turned up to support their favourites

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Maybury today was brought in for experience and the fact he hasnt played in months and still wasnt the worst on the park shows that he himself an intelligent and model pro. Yes he isnt what we need to progress and no he wont be here in a player role next season but at this moment in time he fills in when times are tough and right now its mighty tough.

And anyone who said he got the red card deliberately needs to go away and have a word with themselves.