PDA

View Full Version : How much more can hibs let you down?

mcfly
30-03-2014, 05:09 PM
This list can go on for ages but we have lost 3 times this season to the worst hearts team in about 30 years.

We are toothless, spineless, gutless and I'm am sick of seeing a big hibs support let down time after time after time.

Why is it a hearts team are always up for it more than us.?

A massive rebuild is needed but we must have players who don't capitulate under pressure

Joe6-2
30-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Having been a fan for over 40 years, the answers plenty!
with the few and far between high spots!

James70
30-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Why should anyone be surprised about todays result?

Ever since this was labelled as the "relegation derby" and an occasion for Hibs fans to celebrate, the outcome was more predictable than Christmas falling on 25th December.

Let's face it, whatever the team the two clubs put on the park I'm afraid to say Hearts have always had the more confident and arrogant approach.

On the other hand Hibs have a steadily growing reputation for blowing the big matches big time whether it be Cup Finals, European ties or local derbies. The supporters have been kicked in the teeth umpteen times and I actually find it hard to get excited about the club anymore because the outcomes are always so easy to forecast.

The club are an utter embarrassment and I have even started thinking there must be some sort of hoodoo because the results never improve no matter who the manager is or which players are on the park.

Whilst I have no time for deluded Hearts fans I have the utmost admiration for the Hearts players who always play out of their skins whenever they play us and who would not be getting relegated if they could play us every week.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't think Hibs have ever advertised a fixture for a Sunday by mistake when it should be a Saturday and the fans have turned up to find the game had already been played.

But that's about all I can think of.

heretoday
30-03-2014, 05:40 PM
What bigger incentive did Hearts need today than to spoil our 'party'? It's like when we announced we'd parade the Cis cup after the next derby. From that moment on Hearts were certs to win.

Bostonhibby
30-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Ever since this was labelled as the "relegation derby" and an occasion for Hibs fans to celebrate, the outcome was more predictable than Christmas falling on 25th December.

Let's face it, whatever the team the two clubs put on the park I'm afraid to say Hearts have always had the more confident and arrogant approach.

On the other hand Hibs have a steadily growing reputation for blowing the big matches big time whether it be Cup Finals, European ties or local derbies. The supporters have been kicked in the teeth umpteen times and I actually find it hard to get excited about the club anymore because the outcomes are always so easy to forecast.

The club are an utter embarrassment and I have even started thinking there must be some sort of hoodoo because the results never improve no matter who the manager is or which players are on the park.

Whilst I have no time for deluded Hearts fans I have the utmost admiration for the Hearts players who always play out of their skins whenever they play us and who would not be getting relegated if they could play us every week.

:agree: Right on the money, take nae pleasure in saying I knew the current wearers of our teams jerseys would get beat today, another appalling linesmans decision but the yam were more up for it and did what they always do.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 05:43 PM

This :aok: Hearts absolutely deserved their win today and the plaudits they will get. It's a real real shame that Hibs TV don't allow supporters into HTC to let the players hear how much they have let everyone down this season - and film it for everyone to see. Players have been shameless, they need to feel ashamed. And they need to know that playing for Hibs (or any club) is more than just a means to pay the bills and get a wee WAG.

Hibernian need to develop an arrogant streak, a 'must win at all costs' attitude, and get rid of soft touch employees who take a petted lip when a big lad from the stands call them a nasty name. They need to be ruthless and selfish, and more importantly have a fierce professional pride.

That is what wins games, and games of importance - our lads will now tweet about their coffee club, their crappy wee car they go to training in and maybe post photos of Tam looking funny in a Hibs kit.

If the players are looking in, and they do - how about for 6 games you become absolutely consumed with your profession, take pride in your performance, have a ruthless appetite for victory and walk out that tunnel knowing that today you are going to win because you are better than them.

flash
30-03-2014, 05:45 PM
This :aok: Hearts absolutely deserved their win today and the plaudits they will get. It's a real real shame that Hibs TV don't allow supporters into HTC to let the players hear how much they have let everyone down this season - and film it for everyone to see. Players have been shameless, they need to feel ashamed. And they need to know that playing for Hibs (or any club) is more than just a means to pay the bills and get a wee WAG.

Hibernian need to develop an arrogant streak, a 'must win at all costs' attitude, and get rid of soft touch employees who take a petted lip when a big lad from the stands call them a nasty name. They need to be ruthless and selfish, and more importantly have a fierce professional pride.

That is what wins games, and games of importance - our lads will now tweet about their coffee club, their crappy wee car they go to training in and maybe post photos of Tam looking funny in a Hibs kit.

If the players are looking in, and they do - how about for 6 games you become absolutely consumed with your profession, take pride in your performance, have a ruthless appetite for victory and walk out that tunnel knowing that today you are going to win because you are better than them.

Absolutely. Never mind the manager, chairman or owner it's the players who have been cheating us all yet again.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Having watched today's game it's clear since the CIS cup win in 2007 that we are close to falling into an abyss. It's a bit like Groundhog Day but with managers. Get one in he brings in crap gets sacked, next manager wants to bring his own players in, all crap and them is sacked and so on and so firth.

I think JC1 hit the nail on the head with regards to quality over quantity. Instead of adding to a team with one or two it's been 8 or 9 constantly and it's usually been the dregs.

This now has to stop and Petrie must now go out and get Butchers top targets not wait until an hour before the window slams shut.

We are in trouble and big time. I don't think we will finish 11th but it will be close.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 05:55 PM

Spot on mate. Totally agree. The question nobody can answer, to the points you make, is quite simply "why"?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I honestly think the whole club is terrified of Hearts.

The thing is it must be reversible. The McLeish, Sauzee, Latapy et al team seemed to be able to get one over on them. And they were our bitches throughout the 60s and 70s but they managed to turn it around in the 80s to the present day so it's doable.

We need to start treating games against them like they do against us. Their whole season revolves around beating us, we seem to treat beating them as a pleasant bonus.

Hibs have let us down in this fixture long enough. We need to get the whole mindset sorted before we have to play them regularly again.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
They let us down every ****ing time we're desperate to win a game. I'm sick and tired of it. This is a Hearts team filled with kids due to their financial crisis, and yet still they own us. Even now, in their darkest hour, they know the Edinburgh derby will give them something to celebrate. Our lack of backbone against them is utterly shameful and unacceptable. I cant believe they blew it once again when it really matters. I'm totally scunnered with the whole thing, and can't see a way out as things stand.

30-03-2014, 06:15 PM

Pretty much agree with all of this TBH. I said last week to my mate that we were gonna get beat because hibs more often than not bottle it on the big occassions. Whenever there is an opportunity to do something special, we blow it. Like you say, no matter what team hearts have, they always seem to have far more desire in derbies than us and rise to the occassion.

We've been let down on countless occassions, same old story, the fans do their bit to back the team and continuously turn up in big numbers but we are usually dissappointed.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Teams don't defeat us. We defeat ourselves.

That's what it feels like.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Pretty much agree with all of this TBH. I said last week to my mate that we were gonna get beat because hibs more often than not bottle it on the big occassions. Whenever there is an opportunity to do something special, we blow it. Like you say, no matter what team hearts have, they always seem to have far more desire in derbies than us and rise to the occassion.

We've been let down on countless occassions, same old story, the fans do their bit to back the team and continuously turn up in big numbers but we are usually dissappointed.

:agree: We rarely win derbies that matter.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 06:17 PM

The thing is it must be reversible. The McLeish, Sauzee, Latapy et al team seemed to be able to get one over on them. And they were our bitches throughout the 60s and 70s but they managed to turn it around in the 80s to the present day so it's doable.

We need to start treating games against them like they do against us. Their whole season revolves around beating us, we seem to treat beating them as a pleasant bonus.

Hibs have let us down in this fixture long enough. We need to get the whole mindset sorted before we have to play them regularly again.

You look at the good sides you mention and what is the word that shines through ? Character should be right at the top PB.

Looking at that side today, go through them all one by one. Williams, quite a quiet lad, you see him get animated when we concede a goal but you don't really hear him or see him in a game. Maybury - nice guy Alan, a 'dependable'. Do you hear him constantly lead the defence forward, organise with some authority ? Nelson........ahhh the nickname 'Admiral' I'm afraid correctly describes his authority being more like the butterfly not the naval version. And Ryan McGivern.......a lad you can see because of his bleached hair, not his firce determination to win games, headers and tackles - Suazee, Laursen, Hughes, Fenwick........each one winners in a few senses of the word. Unafraid too.

Then our midfield.....Tom and Lewis.......again, you'd vote for them if they were on X Factor as they have that boyish charm. Neither though have that arrogance and authority a midfielder needs and alas not so young Lewis is now a player who has had 7 years of engrained mediocrity, yet he is our most consistent player - that sums Hibs up in a player. Tries very hard, always there when you call upon him, but doesn't truly offer much at the business end. John O'Neil and Archie Lovell......Tom and Lewis.......there frankly is no comparison.

Collins or Mixu..........the only thing they have in common is size of shorts. You saw raw, passionate, uncut emotion in Mixu in every game and the love of scoring goals against them. Collins plays with the head down, world on his shoulders and like a chastised boy not wanting to play anymore.

We have weak players, weak minded, used to losing football matches - so why expect them to become instant winners.

Years of managerial upheaval, poor investment, terrible signing policy, and meagre contracts have seen us fall to where we are.

leggeto
30-03-2014, 06:17 PM

don't worry P boy they won't be around much longer anyway

AlbertK86
30-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Absolutely. Never mind the manager, chairman or owner it's the players who have been cheating us all yet again.

Have the players decided on the worst ever tactic of hoofball

Naw that is the managers decision

Feel sorry for young Stanton ..... The ball just kept flying over his head. The few occasions he got the ball to feet in the middle of the park he drove forward but nobody showed for him

hfc rd
30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
It's just another typical Hibs derby performance. Just embarrassing how we've lost 3 times to the s****** Hearts team in living memory is something that I can't get my head around.

Stantons Angel
30-03-2014, 06:22 PM

Well said! I agree with all the points you make. I too thought this might happen as the supporters where way too sure of this "relegation" thing.

Id have loved to see them well and truly beaten and relegated by us, i really would have but we should have been concentrating on getting the points to save off the situation we are now in.

Post after post on here is wailing and moaning but have only their selves to blame......

leggeto
30-03-2014, 06:23 PM

Feel sorry for young Stanton ..... The ball just kept flying over his head. The few occasions he got the ball to feet in the middle of the park he drove forward but nobody showed for him

Nelson must have launched it about 100 times today,they really need to cut it out,if your not under pressure pass it

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 06:24 PM

:agree: They would be in the top six by now if they could have played us every week.

flash
30-03-2014, 06:26 PM

I don't think it is a tactic. I think our back four are incapable of finding our midfield and lack the confidence or ability to do so.

30-03-2014, 06:26 PM

We rarely win derbies AT ALL. Don't know what it is but our bottle always crashes.

Jones28
30-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I don't think they could in all honesty.

Every hurdle we come to we crash right into it, we don't even try to jump.

Today just sums it up. Anyone using hearts demise to cover up the pathetic state our club is in needs a ****ing shake.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 06:32 PM

We rarely win derbies AT ALL. Don't know what it is but our bottle always crashes.

Every derby matters and we rarely win any of them.

I think Hearts have a burning passion throughout their club at every level to see us crushed and defeated.

Where as with us, it's only the fans that are bothered. The club just aren't bothered and treat it like any other game.

Captain Trips
30-03-2014, 06:37 PM
We should have been taking them down today and sticking knife in their back, what occured is they are still going down but booted us right in the baws on the way.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Post after post on here is wailing and moaning but have only their selves to blame......

Fans fault again? Sorry, but, GTF with that nonsense.

Craig_in_Prague
30-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Stood there freezing today, regret not spending day with my son and family instead. Won't make that mistake ever again.
Not fussed if I never see hibs again tbh.

Borderhibbie76
30-03-2014, 06:51 PM
However imho this is also the s@@@@#t hibs team in living memory and I mean that...its not just the pain of derby defeat talking

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Onion
30-03-2014, 06:57 PM
It's just another typical Hibs derby performance. Just embarrassing how we've lost 3 times to the s****** Hearts team in living memory is something that I can't get my head around.

You won't have to for long.

We've got to play them again :rolleyes:

Coco Bryce
30-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Today was the straw that broke the camels back. Six lads not renewing our season tickets. We just can't take any more.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 07:03 PM
You look at the good sides you mention and what is the word that shines through ? Character should be right at the top PB. Looking at that side today, go through them all one by one. Williams, quite a quiet lad, you see him get animated when we concede a goal but you don't really hear him or see him in a game. Maybury - nice guy Alan, a 'dependable'. Do you hear him constantly lead the defence forward, organise with some authority ? Nelson........ahhh the nickname 'Admiral' I'm afraid correctly describes his authority being more like the butterfly not the naval version. And Ryan McGivern.......a lad you can see because of his bleached hair, not his firce determination to win games, headers and tackles - Suazee, Laursen, Hughes, Fenwick........each one winners in a few senses of the word. Unafraid too. Then our midfield.....Tom and Lewis.......again, you'd vote for them if they were on X Factor as they have that boyish charm. Neither though have that arrogance and authority a midfielder needs and alas not so young Lewis is now a player who has had 7 years of engrained mediocrity, yet he is our most consistent player - that sums Hibs up in a player. Tries very hard, always there when you call upon him, but doesn't truly offer much at the business end. John O'Neil and Archie Lovell......Tom and Lewis.......there frankly is no comparison. Collins or Mixu..........the only thing they have in common is size of shorts. You saw raw, passionate, uncut emotion in Mixu in every game and the love of scoring goals against them. Collins plays with the head down, world on his shoulders and like a chastised boy not wanting to play anymore. We have weak players, weak minded, used to losing football matches - so why expect them to become instant winners. Years of managerial upheaval, poor investment, terrible signing policy, and meagre contracts have seen us fall to where we are.

A team like you say needs a mixture of a number of things but we don't have a team but individuals.

What I'd give for a Gary Smith, Paul Fenwick type player in this team.

We lack everywhere. No strengths just loads of weaknesses.

No pace, balance nowt.

We are a disgrace and a shambles.

Like you say the difference between that team and this are like night and day.

We have no one of real quality in the team.

The Voice Of Reason
30-03-2014, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't be backing us to win again this season.

Hearts must be relishing the thought of playing us again at ER and possibly consigning us to a relegation playoff spot. Oh the irony after what was "meant" to happen today.

Dear oh ****ing dear.

AndyM_1875
30-03-2014, 07:11 PM
A team like you say needs a mixture of a number of things but we don't have a team but individuals.

What I'd give for a Gary Smith, Paul Fenwick type player in this team.

We lack everywhere. No strengths just loads of weaknesses.

No pace, balance nowt.

We are a disgrace and a shambles.

Like you say the difference between that team and this are like night and day.

We have no one of real quality in the team.

We do have a shouter & organiser, unfortunately he's injured and that is James McPake. He's far from the best player out there but he's exactly what we need for the run in.

We have quality in Sam Stanton, however he can't do much when the only injury he'll get is a crick in his neck from watching the ball screaming 20 yards over his head.

FitbaFolkKen
30-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm bored and losing interest, the football is rubbish and if the summer isn't inspiring then I would imagine lots are in the same boat.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 07:15 PM
We do have a shouter & organiser, unfortunately he's injured and that is James McPake. He's far from the best player out there but he's exactly what we need for the run in. We have quality in Sam Stanton, however he can't do much when the only injury he'll get is a crick in his neck from watching the ball screaming 20 yards over his head.

Sorry but McPake isn't the answer not sure he's even that good an organiser.

Stanton I will give you and the more he plays the better he will get.

We are a sorry state of affairs.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Fans fault again? Sorry, but, GTF with that nonsense.

This.

It's getting tiresome. We turned up in good numbers and good voice and expected our team to beat the worst team in the league. How very dare we.

Nope, not having it. The players and manager are to blame for that today.

The Sea-gull
30-03-2014, 07:20 PM

Good post, agree with most of it. No sure about the voodoo stuff but you might have a point like!

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 07:28 PM
The young Hearts players are the only respectable thing about their club. It was not their fault what happened at Hearts and they try their best while playing for an undeserving support and ownership in a rotten club. They got some help from bad calls but they outplayed us at times and I don't grudge them the result. Our problems stem from what has gone on years before this season and it will take more than a different manager to change them. We need some new players who can help the manager influence a top to bottom change in attitude about the way we play football on match days.

andyf5
30-03-2014, 07:54 PM
The young Hearts players are the only respectable thing about their club. It was not their fault what happened at Hearts and they try their best while playing for an undeserving support and ownership in a rotten club. They got some help from bad calls but they outplayed us at times and I don't grudge them the result. Our problems stem from what has gone on years before this season and it will take more than a different manager to change them. We need some new players who can help the manager influence a top to bottom change in attitude about the way we play football on match days.
Actually I think their fans plowing money into their club and a management team who care passionately are pretty respectable. Our players and management team don't appear to have that fire in their belly.

Fergos
30-03-2014, 08:26 PM
You look at the good sides you mention and what is the word that shines through ? Character should be right at the top PB.

Looking at that side today, go through them all one by one. Williams, quite a quiet lad, you see him get animated when we concede a goal but you don't really hear him or see him in a game. Maybury - nice guy Alan, a 'dependable'. Do you hear him constantly lead the defence forward, organise with some authority ? Nelson........ahhh the nickname 'Admiral' I'm afraid correctly describes his authority being more like the butterfly not the naval version. And Ryan McGivern.......a lad you can see because of his bleached hair, not his firce determination to win games, headers and tackles - Suazee, Laursen, Hughes, Fenwick........each one winners in a few senses of the word. Unafraid too.

Then our midfield.....Tom and Lewis.......again, you'd vote for them if they were on X Factor as they have that boyish charm. Neither though have that arrogance and authority a midfielder needs and alas not so young Lewis is now a player who has had 7 years of engrained mediocrity, yet he is our most consistent player - that sums Hibs up in a player. Tries very hard, always there when you call upon him, but doesn't truly offer much at the business end. John O'Neil and Archie Lovell......Tom and Lewis.......there frankly is no comparison.

Collins or Mixu..........the only thing they have in common is size of shorts. You saw raw, passionate, uncut emotion in Mixu in every game and the love of scoring goals against them. Collins plays with the head down, world on his shoulders and like a chastised boy not wanting to play anymore.

We have weak players, weak minded, used to losing football matches - so why expect them to become instant winners.

Years of managerial upheaval, poor investment, terrible signing policy, and meagre contracts have seen us fall to where we are.

Cracking post.

We don't have any leaders of men, real captains who lead from the front, setting that hungry example, mentoring and supporting his team mates.

The starting line up today would or rather should be hard pushed to get a seat on the bench, they look like a bunch of 2nd choices and have all season......Handling, Stevenson, Taiwo etc, decentish players but starting 11 standard at a club of ours size....not for me, sorry.

And yes years and years of a managerial merry go round and a signing policy so off standard it's unreal has left is where we are today.....a bottom 6 side full of spineless fannies / very average to complete **** players.....but what a stadium and training complex eh....Rod....eh?

Raging.

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM
When was the last time hibs had a manager with backroom staff that knows what its like to pull on a Hibs jersey and put the shift in. Hearts always seem to have some died in the wool jambo there or thereabouts pumpin their players up for the derby.

lucky
30-03-2014, 09:00 PM
When was the last time hibs had a manager with backroom staff that knows what its like to pull on a Hibs jersey and put the shift in. Hearts always seem to have some died in the wool jambo there or thereabouts pumpin their players up for the derby.

Yogi and Mixu both played for us and it went tits up when they managed the team.

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Actually I think their fans plowing money into their club and a management team who care passionately are pretty respectable. Our players and management team don't appear to have that fire in their belly.

I didn't mention their management team which in itself might be saying something.

I think our management team does have a fire in it's belly but they have jumped into a barrel of cold fish caught by Fenlon.

Steve-O
31-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Yogi and Mixu both played for us and it went tits up when they managed the team.

Neither grew up as Hibs fans.

Matt92
31-03-2014, 08:04 AM
I feel really disillusioned with the club and thats as a 21 year old...

Over the past 5 years... we have witnessed:
- 2 Scottish cup final humpings (8-1).
- 7-0 defeat to Malmo on a day that was meant to be an emotional tribute to a legend.
- Knocked out of the league cup by Queen of the South.
- Lost to an utterly horrendous Hearts team 3 times this season.
- Locked in a relegation scrap/bottom 3 positions for what three years running?
- 4 different managers since 2010.
...alongside myriad utterly embarrassing spineless performances.

Lets face it: Butcher and Malpas were the best candidates we could get and I was absolutely delighted when we got them. If they can't lead us out of this mess then nobody can. We almost seem to have a well-rotted culture of being losers in the sense that with so many journeymen and unconvincing managers, we as fans have little attachment to the team and as a result, when one or two results go our way, we all expect a "same old hibs" slump and go super negative which creates a self-perpetuating vicious circle every single time. Its not our fault, we have every right to be angry, bitterly disappointed and negative we have stuck through the thinnest with this team. The running of the club has been utterly abysmal from top to bottom and unless we get some seriously well-targeted investment we may never recover.

Steve20
31-03-2014, 08:18 AM
How much more can they let us down?

When we get relegated this season, then you'll see how much more we've been let down.

flash
31-03-2014, 08:19 AM
How much more can they let us down?

When we get relegated this season, then you'll see how much more we've been let down.

We won't get relegated.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 08:21 AM
We won't get relegated.

But he said when not if. How can you debate that?

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 08:22 AM

You be embarrased all you want b Hibs. I'm not; they're my team. I'm embarrassed by cheating, Scottish officialdom.

gegs70
31-03-2014, 08:23 AM
It's the players that can't handle the expectation and just are not good enough. When we had top class players like sautéed, John O'Neil etc you went into those games with confidence....

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 08:25 AM
It's the players that can't handle the expectation and just are not good enough. When we had top class players like sautéed, John O'Neil etc you went into those games with confidence....

Predictive words is the best invention ever.

AndySOL1875
31-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Im hoping the phrase 'what goes around comes around' pays us some good fortune pretty soon. I like to think I have faith in TB to keep us up and rebuild over summer.

andyf5
31-03-2014, 05:27 PM
You be embarrased all you want b Hibs. I'm not; they're my team. I'm embarrassed by cheating, Scottish officialdom.

Well, I was pretty embarrassed at work this morning. I'm told the Hearts goal disallowed was ok and you can't blame officials for the way our team plays - one shot on target after 70 minutes. When we have a marketing campaign about a "fortress" when we have won 1 game in 12 it's embarrassing. Just the way I feel today.

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Well, I was pretty embarrassed at work this morning. I'm told the Hearts goal disallowed was ok and you can't blame officials for the way our team plays - one shot on target after 70 minutes. When we have a marketing campaign about a "fortress" when we have won 1 game in 12 it's embarrassing. Just the way I feel today.

The whistle went before it was in the net. Hardly 'ok'.

eastterrace
31-03-2014, 05:32 PM
the hearts disallowed was different scenario the players stopped cause the whistle had blown , were our one was only given offside when it hit the net.

Coco Bryce
31-03-2014, 05:36 PM

I agree this #TBGAWA marketing campaign has been absolute cringe worthy.

Jim44
31-03-2014, 05:56 PM
We won't get relegated.

How can you make a ridiculous statement like that with nothing of any substance to back it up? The converse opinion is brimful of hard fact and evidence to render it a distinct possibility.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 06:05 PM
We'll be let down again again when Hearts come to Easter Road after the split. The players don't give a **** and Petrie doesn't give a ****.

Jim44
31-03-2014, 06:06 PM
To answer the original question, I would say they can't let us down any more than they have. They've levelled out at rock bottom. Up until recent years I always fancied our chances of getting something out of most games. Sadly, I now expect us to lose every game and that's no knee-jerk reaction.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Neither grew up as Hibs fans.

Who did Yogi support as a boy?

Thought he was a diehard Hibee. :confused:

.Sean.
31-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Who did Yogi support as a boy?

Thought he was a diehard Hibee. :confused:
Celtic apparantly.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2014, 06:25 PM
This list can go on for ages but we have lost 3 times this season to the worst hearts team in about 30 years.

We are toothless, spineless, gutless and I'm am sick of seeing a big hibs support let down time after time after time.

Why is it a hearts team are always up for it more than us.?

A massive rebuild is needed but we must have players who don't capitulate under pressure

Coming to this thread late so sorry, but what age are you? :wink: therein lies the answer to your question, the roller coaster that is Hibs :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
31-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Coming to this thread late so sorry, but what age are you? :wink: therein lies the answer to your question, the roller coaster that is Hibs :greengrin

Isn't a rollercoaster meant to have ups as well as downs, mate? Being Hibs fan right now feels more like a bungee jump.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Isn't a rollercoaster meant to have ups as well as downs, mate? Being Hibs fan right now feels more like a bungee jump.

:thumbsup: Yes indeed, with a big croc waiting at the bottom

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Celtic apparantly.

Every day's a school day.

Could have sworn he was a Hibs fan.

.Sean.
31-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Every day's a school day.

Could have sworn he was a Hibs fan.
I'd always thought that but there are plenty posters on here that where at school with him etc that have in the past said he was a Celtic supporter as a lad.

capitals_finest
01-04-2014, 08:49 PM
The sad thing is we always go into these games as the underdog but it is the Hearts players that will play as if they are the underdog.

We totally out sing their support home and away yet it fires their players up more than our own? I don't get it.

Hibercelona
01-04-2014, 08:56 PM
The sad thing is we always go into these games as the underdog but it is the Hearts players that will play as if they are the underdog.

We totally out sing their support home and away yet it fires their players up more than our own? I don't get it.

I think they have better motivational techniques drilled into them leading up to the derby, so they don't need their fans to be loud during the game.

Where as our players come out of that tunnel and just don't appear mentally prepared for the battle at all. You can see it in their body language. The Hearts players simply look more confident and relaxed. They have a swagger about them. Where as our players look like a nervous breakdown waiting to happen.

capitals_finest
01-04-2014, 09:19 PM
I think they have better motivational techniques drilled into them leading up to the derby, so they don't need their fans to be loud during the game.

Where as our players come out of that tunnel and just don't appear mentally prepared for the battle at all. You can see it in their body language. The Hearts players simply look more confident and relaxed. They have a swagger about them. Where as our players look like a nervous breakdown waiting to happen.

You are right but they have done it consistently under different managers and different teams. It could well be the back room staff that are hungrier and more passionate that make the difference...

Ronniekirk
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
To answer the original question, I would say they can't let us down any more than they have. They've levelled out at rock bottom. Up until recent years I always fancied our chances of getting something out of most games. Sadly, I now expect us to lose every game and that's no knee-jerk reaction.
I know what you are saying ,but it's only a month ago that we should of beaten Motherwell at home and drew and followed that up with a point at Inverness so if he can calm the jitters and pick right team who are motivated and get tactics right ,we should be capable of picking up a few points that can get us over the line unless T B has just lost the plot and is transmitting this to players .The confident aura has certainly gone and the brutal honesty after games isn't telling us anything we can't see for ourselves.