PDA

View Full Version : You can only **** with the **** you've got/get a grip you lot

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 05:01 PM
We've all heard the phrase and it's true here. Butcher managed to get the players to perform well when he first came in but it's clear now some of them have given up. I see no evidence Butcher has though.

He's changing the team around, he's persisting with youth and he's given ousted players a second chance.

He's shown he can spot players as well. Watmore is a good player and Haynes has looked like our most threatening. Boateng hasn't featured much but a 66% success rate isn't great.

Inverness were here relegated the season he took over. Did he walk away or accept it? No, he worked his arse off building a new team, got them promoted at the first opportunity and in his last full season had them finishing 4th and got them in to the league cup semi!

If he can do it with ICT then he can do it with Hibs. We can't expect him to turn a crap team around in less than 6 months.

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 05:01 PM
:duck:

Steve20
30-03-2014, 05:02 PM
We should be performing better than 1 win in 13

CalgaryHibs
30-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I tend to agree with what your saying but Hibs are building every year new gaffer new ideas new players are we tired of it ?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 05:04 PM
What youth is he persisting with?

Stanton. No brainer. Forster. No option. Handling. Not got it. That's it really.

It's about time he did put some youngsters in as the senior pros are honking.

ozzie
30-03-2014, 05:05 PM
If we can stave off relegation play offs sooner rather than later I will be a lot happier. I know his history in the first division but I don't want to experience it.

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 05:06 PM
I tend to agree with what your saying but Hibs are building every year new gaffer new ideas new players are we tired of it ?

Which is precisely why we need to stick with Butcher. He's the manager with the best SPL experience of all the ones we've had recently. At this point I wouldn't take any of the previous incumbents over Butcher all the way back to Mowbray.

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 05:08 PM
What youth is he persisting with?

Stanton. No brainer. Forster. No option. Handling. Not got it. That's it really.

It's about time he did put some youngsters in as the senior pros are honking.

Add Harris and Cummings to that list as well. They've both had multiple chances. Watmore is pretty young too (but not a product of our youth system)

Fife-Hibee
30-03-2014, 05:09 PM
We've all heard the phrase and it's true here. Butcher managed to get the players to perform well when he first came in but it's clear now some of them have given up. I see no evidence Butcher has though.

He's changing the team around, he's persisting with youth and he's given ousted players a second chance.

He's shown he can spot players as well. Watmore is a good player and Haynes has looked like our most threatening. Boateng hasn't featured much but a 66% success rate isn't great.

Inverness were here relegated the season he took over. Did he walk away or accept it? No, he worked his arse off building a new team, got them promoted at the first opportunity and in his last full season had them finishing 4th and got them in to the league cup semi!

If he can do it with ICT then he can do it with Hibs. We can't expect him to turn a crap team around in less than 6 months.

If Butcher gets us relegated, we wont be back anytime soon thats for sure. We need to stay up !

hibsbollah
30-03-2014, 05:09 PM
But we didnt pish with the cock we'd got. We didn't even have a pish today. Or maybe we don't have a cock at all.

(This analogy only works so far I think)

IberianHibernian
30-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Which is precisely why we need to stick with Butcher. He's the manager with the best SPL experience of all the ones we've had recently. At this point I wouldn't take any of the previous incumbents over Butcher all the way back to Mowbray.Did Yogi not take Falkirk to cup final and strong league position in a stronger SPL ?

I'm_cabbaged
30-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Been a ST holder for as long as I can remember,today was the last chance saloon,I'll pick my games next season now. *****houses.

Gerard
30-03-2014, 05:12 PM
TB is picking up the tab of players who are not good enough to play for Hibs. When the transfer window opens these players will be moved on. TB will then replace them with quality players to the extent that the club has the money to make that happen. TB has a very good chance of restoring pride to our club and winning silverware. I have renewed my ST this year and I hope many others will also renew their STs.

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 05:12 PM

Not everyone is wanting him out right now (far from it) - what we want is some sort of return sooner rather than later before its too late (relegation). He will also struggle to attract players if we go down!!

However the longer we keep dropping and he keeps changing / experimenting the worse we seem to get - if we were safe I wouldn't really care if he was testing players out but right now we need to start getting some stability and form in the team. :aok:

The Falcon
30-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Which is precisely why we need to stick with Butcher. He's the manager with the best SPL experience of all the ones we've had recently. At this point I wouldn't take any of the previous incumbents over Butcher all the way back to Mowbray.

We keep sacking managers and end up where we are. We need to see this out.

mcfly
30-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Why is McGivern/nelson/maybury anywhere near the 1st team???

Why is kevin Thomson on the bench

Why is paul heffernan not getting a game and James Collins is??

Sorry but the manager has to explain why he keeps these guys week in week out.

He has the option to change the team

Baldy Foghorn

Aye let's not get too upset that we are in freefall, playing hoofball.......Club is a shambles from top to bottom, that shower has beaten us 3 times this season.......Embarrassing.....

The_Exile
We played like we'd been castrated in reply to the OP's analogy. Cannot wait to get this season over with, roll on the transfer window. Eunich it makes sense.

Heisenberg
30-03-2014, 05:18 PM
These players have previous of hiding, being cowards and generally not turning up regardless of who is in charge. Under Fenlon we got papped 7-0 by Malmo and lost twice against this Hearts team. Butcher comes in and gets them going. We beat Hearts. Everything looks better. Slowly but surely we decline again and start losing/playing terribly. These guys are weak. I really hope we stay out of the playoffs and then give Butcher the summer to get the squad sorted. If we are just as bad this time next year with Butcher's team then fair enough. Petrie will need to back him more than he's backed anyone previously.

I'm not saying Butcher hasn't made mistakes because he has. But to blame him and not the players for this is wide of the mark in my view. What is he supposed to do with the defence? They are all rotten. Chucking in the 20s could work but it could also ruin them, massive risk. We've got poor players right throughout the team and he really couldn't have fixed it all in January. Petrie better get his finger out in the summer as I've said.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 05:20 PM

Heff would have put away the chance Collins missed in first half if played week in week out bout bring him in for a game drop him doesn't build up confidence .He doesn't play him as feels to slow and today he opted for work rate but that hadn't got us anywhere and hasn't for a while .

Sammy7nil
30-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Fenlon had a smaller C*** (no loan signings) he pissssed better than Tel I have no idea what his game plan is but if we dont get another 5 points we are in real trouble.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 05:23 PM
You can only pish with the **** you're given. But you can at the very least aim for the urinal.

Perhaps something the team aren't doing? :dunno:

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Fenlon had a smaller C*** (no loan signings) he pissssed better than Tel I have no idea what his game plan is but if we dont get another 5 points we are in real trouble.

Fenlon won the same number of league matches against hearts as Butcher. I don't know what you mean by "no loan signings" because Fenlon earned the name "Fenloan" from our neighbours!

Halifaxhibby
30-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Whole club is a massive embarrassment at the moment, get rid of everyone to change things. Hearts are gash but they always have the upper hand as they have guys behind the scenes who know how much it means to the club. We've got S.F.A probably deserve to go down this year.

Sammy7nil
30-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Fenlon won the same number of league matches against hearts as Butcher. I don't know what you mean by "no loan signings" because Fenlon earned the name "Fenloan" from our neighbours!

Butcher added to Fenlons flops and has managed to make them worse that is what I mean

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Butcher has a lot of work to do in the close season. He's already been public in saying he wants us to play with greater pace, so we're likely to see a faster Hibs team next term.

I also think we'll see a couple of hard *******s in defence and midfield coming in. I saw it against Raith in the cup, and again against Hearts kids today, there are too many players who don't relish the physical battle and we're still seen as soft touches by opponents.

Let's face facts that we won't be playing silky stuff in this League for a while and build in strength and speed and hope that East Mains can provide the skill.

I'd go for somebody like Hutchinson. He's an animal, yes, but a faster and more mobile Nelson who can pass more than a few yards. People forget it was the likes of Hughes and Shaun Dennis who initially gave us that bit of steel which paved the way for the Latapy/Sauzee era.

I'd like to see us as the villains of Scottish Football for a few seasons, a shower of dirty, hard ****ers who nobody relished playing, went in full bloodied at every tackle and with pace, then build in some skill.

steviehibsleith
30-03-2014, 05:51 PM
You can only **** with the **** you've got/get a grip you lot

yes and this was against a bunch of under 20s who are in administration getting relagated and without the 9 points taken off us would be on a grand total of ZERO

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 05:56 PM

yes and this was against a bunch of under 20s who are in administration getting relagated and without the 9 points taken off us would be on a grand total of ZERO

6 points. And we didn't buy their u20s crap before today so let's not use it to make things worse now.

yekimevol
30-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I want to agree with you but a paddy vs butcher comparison doesn't show this, in more games butcher has lost twice the amount of game with the same team and a transfer window (Paddy - 4 Wins 3 Draws and 4 Defeats. Butchers - 4 Wins, 7 Draws and 8 Defeats.) Then with fans favorites such as KT and harris are on the bench for over 60 mins and then influence the game better than any of butchers first 11.

BSEJVT
30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Butchers problem is he either can't find his cock or doesn't know what to do with it.

He needs to pick his best team available and stick with it.

This chopping and changing game by game is doing no-one any favours.

Right now he is as much use as a spare prick at a hoors wedding .

Yes the players are by and large utter crap but our management dream team have done the impossible and got us playing worse than Fenlon did.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 06:15 PM
To use the op's analogy, I think we stand at the urinal (a state of the art urinal with marble flushers) and we're pointing at it, but nothing's coming out and we're huffing and puffing and getting increasingly desperate.

flash
30-03-2014, 06:17 PM
The strange thing is it was nowhere near our worst performance of the season.

Jones28
30-03-2014, 06:26 PM
How can that be defended? Im sorry but if we can muster 1 shot on target against for the whole game and concede 2 goals it's absolutely inexcusable.

Yes you can only pish with the cock you've got but we didn't even bother today.

The Falcon
30-03-2014, 06:27 PM

They have taken 6 points of us.

steviehibsleith
30-03-2014, 06:39 PM
They have taken 6 points of us.

You are correct as Bajillions as also pointed out. It was the CIS cup the other defeat.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-03-2014, 06:42 PM

This...

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 06:44 PM

That's not saying much is it, when you still can't beat the worst team in the league.

JimBHibees
30-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Completely agree, give the guy a chance and he will do the job.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2014, 08:10 PM

Agreed. Much of the angst on here is born out of the ludicrous pre match expectations that we were going to horse them. It was never going to happen.

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 08:23 PM
That's not saying much is it, when you still can't beat the worst team in the league.

That must make Aberdeen crap as well then

3pm
30-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Agreed. Much of the angst on here is born out of the ludicrous pre match expectations that we were going to horse them. It was never going to happen.

But we were still capable of winning John?

Jonnyboy
30-03-2014, 08:27 PM
But we were still capable of winning John?

Confidence is fine, over confidence is daft when it comes to Derby matches. Over the years we've had far better teams lose to that lot. Why anyone thought this current bunch could 'horse' them is a mystery!

30-03-2014, 08:34 PM

:agree: definatly not

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM

I wouldn't worry too much Bajillions. Terry knows who the Imposters are and they will be gone very soon, believe me. I predict he will be at hibs a long time and we will look back on this as a rocky, sticky period of his tenure at our fantastic club. Of course it hurts to be beaten by them but they are gone, matter of time. Let guys have there rant, they're entitled to it cos they care and are passionate. But I believe there will be one team kicking on and it certainly won't be our friends from Gorgie!!!! :tbgwa:

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 08:41 PM
That must make Aberdeen crap as well then

Aberdeen should have had a decent record against Hearts this season, but it never happened. But regardless of that, they've peformed well in other games to make up for it.

We on the other hand are dire against Hearts and every other club we come across now.

Fergos
30-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Maybe he should have went to a better pe**s enhancement clinic in January.......maybe?

HFC 0-7
30-03-2014, 09:07 PM
The issue is that the players he has are getting worse. They are capable of playing better but are not. Look at the KT situation for example, he may have had a fall out and butcher put him out the team. Butcher should either stick with that or play him, not freeze him out, bring him in, play him for 20 mins etc.

mcgivern has never been amazing but looks like he is getting worse, Collins looks like a washed out heavy weight boxer running around on the pitch and seems to be able to have many bad games before getting dropped, then heffernan can't get a look in, plays a game and then dropped again.

As as a team we are looking worse than when butcher first came in, if he had played the 'step up or your out at the end of the season' card, it looks like it's backfired!

So, going back to the op, where you can only pish with the cock you have got, it seems the cock has managed to pick up a dose of knob rot since butcher arrived because it's not been managed well and looks like it can't get up for it!

Argylehibby
30-03-2014, 09:54 PM
In January he brought in a central defender yet today to replace Hanlon he moves Forster to the middle and brings in a 35 year who is probably the slowest guy at Easter Road and that includes Petrie. As others have said the changes week in week out don't help either.

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 10:13 PM
TB is picking up the tab of players who are not good enough to play for Hibs. When the transfer window opens these players will be moved on. TB will then replace them with quality players to the extent that the club has the money to make that happen. TB has a very good chance of restoring pride to our club and winning silverware. I have renewed my ST this year and I hope many others will also renew their STs.

Been listening and accepting that view since John Collins walked and what has actually happened regarding those claims each time a crap manager has been binned and replaced bby yet another of the same quality?! :confused:

Can't see things being sufficiently improved this time to get people renewing with the threat of relegation over us or the prospect of another season (or several) of more of the same!:confused:

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't worry too much Bajillions. Terry knows who the Imposters are and they will be gone very soon, believe me. I predict he will be at hibs a long time and we will look back on this as a rocky, sticky period of his tenure at our fantastic club. Of course it hurts to be beaten by them but they are gone, matter of time. Let guys have there rant, they're entitled to it cos they care and are passionate. But I believe there will be one team kicking on and it certainly won't be our friends from Gorgie!!!! :tbgwa:

What do you mean by "kicking on" and what is your reasoning for that view please? :confused:

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Completely agree, give the guy a chance and he will do the job.

And your cast iron evidence for those thoughts and that plea bearing in mind TB's overall record as set out on wikipedia is............?? :confused:

Onceinawhile
30-03-2014, 10:21 PM
If the squad is so poor why didn't he improve it in January? You might only be able to p*** with the ***k you've got, but he could at least aim the thing!