PDA

View Full Version : Sparky starting songs in the Roseburn

Pages : [1] 2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Superb Leigh. He hates the Hearts!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=484132085042589&id=100003374055962&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FR88MUqs4Re&_rdr

sbell1875
30-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Sorry but I'm sick fed up of this Sparky love in so many people go on and on and on about.

At the end of the day he was brilliant for us but he has now moved on and in case anyone forgets he now plays for one of our historically biggest rivals.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Sorry but I'm sick fed up of this Sparky love in so many people go on and on and on about.

At the end of the day he was brilliant for us but he has now moved on and in case anyone forgets he now plays for one of our historically biggest rivals.

Yep, but today he was one of us.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 05:06 PM
mon the sparkmeister, look forward to his return in a few years :agree:

SaulGoodman
30-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Biggest rivals? Our biggest rivals are St Mirren and Ross County. That's how pish we've been for 7 years

.Sean.
30-03-2014, 05:10 PM
He was great crack. Walked out of the Tesco Express with 2 bottles of lucozade and a receipt stuck to his forehead. Had plenty time for bairns etc wanting photos.

sbell1875
30-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Biggest rivals? Our biggest rivals are St Mirren and Ross County. That's how pish we've been for 7 years

I proof read the post before posting and had to add historically!

SaulGoodman
30-03-2014, 05:11 PM
I proof read the post before posting and had to add historically!

Historically we're not much better!

Who'd be a Hibs fan eh? :(

CallumLaidlaw
30-03-2014, 05:15 PM

A guy playing for Scotland's top team could quite easily hide away and pander to the glasgow greens. Instead he wanted to be in with his mates and the fans cheering on his team. Deserves all the respect he gets

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 05:16 PM
He was great crack. Walked out of the Tesco Express with 2 bottles of lucozade and a receipt stuck to his forehead. Had plenty time for bairns etc wanting photos.

Did he say when he was coming back:greengrin?

ManBearPig
30-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Superb Leigh. He hates the Hearts!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=484132085042589&id=100003374055962&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FR88MUqs4Re&_rdr

hahaha very good

Hedlund12
30-03-2014, 05:47 PM

PMSL at this one ......

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2014, 06:26 PM

"Love in" enough for most people to ignore anything else in a post with it. Can't believe a Hibby would come out with the crap you've just spouted but each to their own you must lie on a bed of nails for fun...

McKenzie
30-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Singing along at the game. Plenty time for people wanting to shake his hand or get a photo. Legend

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Could you confirm who is bottom of the SPFL, about to relegated and in administration? thanks. Pleasing.

Stantons Angel
30-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Could you confirm who is bottom of the SPFL, about to relegated and in administration? thanks. Pleasing.

Id rather concentrate on my own team thanks! What Hearts do or what happens to them is insignificant, we are in a very bad position now!

Posting this video will give Neil Lennon more ammunition to give Griffiths an earful at training tomorrow. Well done guys!

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2014, 06:35 PM
In an age when we are quick to criticise our former heroes for kissing the badge of whoever they move to, I thought it was brilliant to see Griffiths in amongst the Hibs fans.

He'd obviously love to play for us but money and the chance of Championships and medals talk.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Id rather concentrate on my own team thanks! What Hearts do or what happens to them is insignificant, we are in a very bad position now!

Posting this video will give Neil Lennon more ammunition to give Griffiths an earful at training tomorrow. Well done guys!

Sticking up for your yam mate?. Away and bake some cakes.

craigmounthibby
30-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Yeah, cos Neil Lennon reads Hibs.net.....

EastCalderHibby
30-03-2014, 06:43 PM

the guy's a legend ffs paid for his ticket to see his team unlike some big nosed 12307
and i love the wee man .plays for the tic soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing what he will ALWAYS be a hibby

30-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Fair play to him, he's a through and through hibee, always has been so why shouldn't he be allowed to come along and support his club like everybody else just because he plays for celtic.

Good to see you there Sparky - i only wish you had been on the pitch for us today!

30-03-2014, 06:45 PM
the guy's a legend ffs paid for his ticket to see his team unlike some big nosed 12307
and i love the wee man .plays for the tic soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing what he will ALWAYS be a hibby

Exactly, he wanted to be in the crowd like every other fan, no special treatment just going along like any other supporter and supporting his boyhood team. nout wrong with that in my book.

EastCalderHibby
30-03-2014, 06:46 PM
QUOTE=NumberSeven;3949263]Fair play to him, he's a through and through hibee, always has been so why shouldn't he be allowed to come along and support his club like everybody else just because he plays for celtic.

Good to see you there Sparky - i only wish you had been on the pitch for us today![/QUOTE]

:top marks

lucky
30-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Thought LG was brilliant with the Hibs supports saw him get his photo done loads of times with fans. Showed he cares about Hibs.

Green Fish
30-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Could be just yam propaganda and hope it's not true but hearing complaint made to sfa and authorities about songs he has been filmed singing, haven't seen anything contentious in footage I've seen

30-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Could be just yam propaganda and hope it's not true but hearing complaint made to sfa and authorities about songs he has been filmed singing, haven't seen anything contentious in footage I've seen

whats he supposed to have sung like?

Green Fish
30-03-2014, 07:03 PM

Stuff about Rudi apparently

Borderhibbie76
Oh how we could do with sparky and his passion ON the pitch just now...wonder what he made of the gutless performance put on again today by our team???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mr White

Celtics problem now.

hibsbollah
30-03-2014, 07:04 PM

Rudi Skacel's Nose Is Big Enough For Three...

Benny Brazil
30-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Sorry but what a lot of tosh. The guy was brilliant for us and if it wasnt for him who knows where we would have been. He wanted to sign for us - we couldnt afford him so he signed for someone else who could afford him.
He still loves the club as much as me or you - if only the players on the pitch showed half the passion he did / does we wouldn't be sitting here feeling sorry for ourselves.

Legend.

kentao
30-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Was their from opening and never heard him singing any rudi songs. Boys a legend though

30-03-2014, 07:06 PM

Mate just told me he was singing the refugee song. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the tool box but how could he be so stupid, especially since Riordan got in bother a few years back for getting caught singing stuff like that.

Stuarty27
30-03-2014, 07:06 PM
That's quality!

What a guy, brought a smile to my face after this horrendous day!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-03-2014, 07:07 PM

If it was anything to do with football, the Celtc fans won't forgive him for that.

Wheat Hound
30-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I think Celtc should sack him immediately..........

R'Albin
30-03-2014, 07:11 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leigh-griffiths-filmed-singing-hearts-are-going-bust-1-3358639

"The 23 year-old, who now plays for Celtic, is seen standing up in a crowded pub before raising his arms and bellowing out “Hearts are going post” in a clip which lasts 43 seconds. "

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 07:14 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leigh-griffiths-filmed-singing-hearts-are-going-bust-1-3358639

"The 23 year-old, who now plays for Celtic, is seen standing up in a crowded pub before raising his arms and bellowing out “Hearts are going post” in a clip which lasts 43 seconds. "

Is the word "post" offensive?

Wheat Hound
30-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Why is this news? What a worthless rag

Fergos
30-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Great to see outbreaks of Hibbiness from favourite sons....just makes the outcome of today's game that bit sadder being, let down again by a bunch of spineless fannies on the pitch....

GGTTH.

hibee_girl
30-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I think Celtc should sack him immediately..........

Maybe that's his grand plan :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 07:41 PM

it's bust lol

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Is telling the truth a newsworthy item for the Hootsmon :confused::greengrin

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 07:46 PM
This has been the only thing to make me smile in a god awful day :greengrin I love you Leigh (even if you score against us)

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Yep, but today he was one of us. He will always been one of us.

A guy playing for Scotland's top team could quite easily hide away and pander to the glasgow greens. Instead he wanted to be in with his mates and the fans cheering on his team. Deserves all the respect he gets Indeed he does.

Stuff about Rudi apparently Rudi who ?

Celtics problem now. Sure is

Mate just told me he was singing the refugee song. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the tool box but how could he be so stupid, especially since Riordan got in bother a few years back for getting caught singing stuff like that. Looking for a move East

"The 23 year-old, who now plays for Celtic, is seen standing up in a crowded pub before raising his arms and bellowing out “Hearts are going post” in a clip which lasts 43 seconds. " Weegie numpties cannot even get the words correctly..... it is Bust

Why is this news? What a worthless rag The weeg say no more

Wheat Hound
30-03-2014, 07:58 PM
maybe that's his grand plan :greengrin

:-):-):-)

bigstu
30-03-2014, 09:39 PM
i've no issues with the Sparky love in as despite being under a lot of pressure to no longer follow Hibs he continues to go out of his way to go along to the games.

I don't think he's helped by people posting videos on the internet but i suppose that's the way of the world these days.

He just seems like a normal guy who is good at football & earns a load of money because of it but remember his roots, rather than being a big headed git like some pros.

If i was his advisor/celtic i would however suggest he tries to play it a little bit lower key by probably not singing songs in the pub before the game of coming into the stadium on his mates back while making gestures. I would also suggest he gets a couple of bigger mates to go around with incase he gets into bother & needs to make a swift exit, better they are the ones dealing with the situation than him.

Overall i would say that I wish the current players showed the same passion for the team as he does!

TheFamous1875
30-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Did he say when he was coming back:greengrin?

Surely EVERYONE asked him this? Please tell us what he said!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

O'Rourke3
30-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Where's Dangermouse when you need him. He stood next to him for the game.....

Jonnyboy
30-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Sticking up for your yam mate?. Away and bake some cakes.

Behave yersel. SA is no Jambo so less of the lip

ehf
30-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Thought you were a happy-clapper?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2014, 10:46 PM

That'll be him up in front of the beaks then!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-03-2014, 10:49 PM

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Surely EVERYONE asked him this? Please tell us what he said!

My brother spoke to him before the game and got his picture taken with him as well and was ribbing him about going to Celtic.

His response was that he went there because it helps pay the mortgage and that he would have loved to have been on the pitch this afternoon to send Hearts down.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 11:27 PM

So what's your point???

SaulGoodman
31-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Thought you were a happy-clapper?

Not even going to rise to you.

joe breezy
31-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Good for Leigh Griffiths - I don't hate football players for doing their job. I didn't hate Ian Murray for going to Rangers either

At least he's not pandered to the weedgie media with some pish about being a closet Celtic fan all his life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
31-03-2014, 07:29 AM
mon the sparkmeister, look forward to his return in a few years :agree:

Hopefully his return will be just as good as deeks, oconnor, sproule, murray and thompsons....hmmm

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 08:14 AM
sparky will get disciplined today by celtic, FACT!!! All for what exactly???? Has political correctness now made its way into football, you bet it has!!!

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2014, 08:26 AM
sparky will get disciplined today by celtic, FACT!!! All for what exactly???? Has political correctness now made its way into football, you bet it has!!!

What's your source?

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Hopefully his return will be just as good as deeks, oconnor, sproule, murray and thompsons....hmmm

hmmm wouldn't you be delighted to have any one of those playing for us just now, even if 'only' at the level of their 2nd stint, hmmm? And ThoMSon was consistently one of our better players until Butcher either took a dislike to him or wanted to persuade him off the wage bill.

kdhibees1
31-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Absolutely cringeworthy watching that smellic creep in the away end.

CraigHibee
31-03-2014, 09:11 AM
clearly a slow news day for the sun to make sparky front page news, they only do things like this to stir up **** and no doubt celtic fans will start questioning his commitment etc as he was filmed singing songs etc and being in the hibs end.

please sack him celtic :wink:

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2014, 09:14 AM

:na na:

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 10:02 AM
What's your source?

When a say Fact, I mean fact, don't have to reveal source, but he may cop a fine from celtic for doing naff all IMO.

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 10:08 AM

sparky is a hibby!! like you, me and every other hibs fan!!! Turn it in FFS!!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Nothing cringeworthy about supporting your team. He plays for Celtic? Big wow, get over it.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Thought LG was brilliant with the Hibs supports saw him get his photo done loads of times with fans. Showed he cares about Hibs.

:agree: Took time to say hello, take pictures and shake anyones hand before during and after. He was clearly gutted and while we were walking back to our car he told me the goal that never was was clearly onside, he was gutted.

Loved his hoodie too, love to hate in the middle of a heart lol Hope he comes home soon, a player we all like to watch. :top marks

SaulGoodman
31-03-2014, 10:18 AM
In other news: search goes on for Malaysian airlines parts, world hunger, war.

Scottish tabloids at their finest

Beefster
31-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Well done to the Einstein[s] that posted the YouTube clips for the Hearts fans and tabloids to use in fake outrage.

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 10:21 AM
On a pedantic point, hearts aren't going bust - they are bust.

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 10:24 AM

This 100%. A song about them going bust before any of the above!!! As I said football has now become a victim of political correctness, we will all soon have to sit silent at matches the way its going!!! Gagged as such!!!!

31-03-2014, 11:18 AM

How exactly :confused: he's a hibs fan just like you and me, he just so happens to play football for a living. Doesn't mean he is any less committed to do well for celtic, who pay his wages. He's entitled to come along and support his boyhood club just like everyone else.

Fife-Hibee
31-03-2014, 11:56 AM

Get over yourself!

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2014, 11:59 AM

Is that your away end? Where were you watching him from, your seat in the home end? :wink:

OsloHibs
31-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Is that your away end? Where were you watching him from, your seat in the home end? :wink:

Well done- Another one caught red handed!

The Celtic fans hate Hearts as much as we do, he wasn't in Hibs colours, singing a Hibs song or doing anything other than enjoying himself. They won't care as long as he does the business on the pitch. And he does.

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Sorry to go against the grain but I think what he did was a bit silly. I don't think it's a big deal, in the grand scheme of things, but he's being paid handsomely by Celtc and I'd imagine they'll not be best pleased about this. He really shouldn't be doing anything that could potentially harm his relationship with his current club, maybe even his career.

If this was one of our players and he was seen in the Celtic end at a match, singing along with the other fans and proclaiming his love for the club, most people on here would be raging.

What I would say, though, is that I wish the players currently at the club had even half of his passion for Hibs.

31-03-2014, 12:17 PM

The Sun is absolute rag of a paper. **** of the earth.

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 12:23 PM
I think Celtic really need to sack him to be honest :-D

Seriously though there's nothing wrong with it, he's a hibby through and through. This is what hibs fans do

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm relieved for Leigh that its the 'bust' song that the press have picked up on...

I personally loved seeing him in the Roseburn yesterday. Just wish he had been on the pitch :-(( Although I did think it was him that ran on the pitch at the end! Was glad when I realised it wasn't. Like 90% of Tynecastle derbies I've attended over the past 10 years, it went decidedly down hill after leaving the Roseburn sadly

easty
31-03-2014, 12:47 PM
If this was one of our players and he was seen in the Celtic end at a match, singing along with the other fans and proclaiming his love for the club, most people on here would be raging.

Nah, I think it's all about context. Celtc are a bigger club than us, they're not worried that LG wants to leave them and we'll be swooping in to sign him and steal him away.

If, say, Sam Stanton was a Morton fan, and on his day off was at a Morton game, singing Morton songs, I'd have nae problem with that at all.

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Nah, I think it's all about context. Celtc are a bigger club than us, they're not worried that LG wants to leave them and we'll be swooping in to sign him and steal him away.

If, say, Sam Stanton was a Morton fan, and on his day off was at a Morton game, singing Morton songs, I'd have nae problem with that at all.

Nutshell!!! Its a mentality issue really. some people eh!!

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 01:26 PM
clearly a slow news day for the sun to make sparky front page news, they only do things like this to stir up **** and no doubt celtic fans will start questioning his commitment etc as he was filmed singing songs etc and being in the hibs end.

please sack him celtic :wink: Pretty please

sparky is a hibby!! like you, me and every other hibs fan!!! Turn it in FFS!!!! I am grateful for that

Scottish tabloids at their finest Indeed far more worthy news stories - are the Yams bust yet

On a pedantic point, hearts aren't going bust - they are bust.Careful CWG will put you right

I think Celtic really need to sack him to be honest :-D

Seriously though there's nothing wrong with it, he's a hibby through and through. This is what hibs fans do I agree and we do do that rather well

woodyloon
31-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Think Lennon and Celtic should throw the book at him and punish him to the hilt. Or if they can't be arsed just put him out on loan for the remainder of his contract to Hibs...... Immediately :wink:

Steven_Hibs
31-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm relieved for Leigh that its the 'bust' song that the press have picked up on...

I personally loved seeing him in the Roseburn yesterday. Just wish he had been on the pitch :-(( Although I did think it was him that ran on the pitch at the end! Was glad when I realised it wasn't. Like 90% of Tynecastle derbies I've attended over the past 10 years, it went decidedly down hill after leaving the Roseburn sadly

Yeah, surprised they never mentioned Rudi song!

leggeto
31-03-2014, 01:55 PM

he's a hibs fan,he works for Celtic so he has a right to be there like all of us

Centre Hawf
31-03-2014, 02:01 PM
What's your source?

Is the fine 150k?

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2014, 02:03 PM
When a say Fact, I mean fact, don't have to reveal source, but he may cop a fine from celtic for doing naff all IMO.

So it's gone from "will" to "may"?

Kato
31-03-2014, 02:05 PM

Cringeworthy post.

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Is the fine 150k?

Fact.

stoneyburn hibs
31-03-2014, 02:11 PM

You have to be at it with that post ? If so then you have hooked a few.

kdhibees1
31-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Cringeworthy post.
Cringeworthy it may be. But the love in for him was exactly that also. P.S I am not a manky yam!!

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 02:20 PM
So it's gone from "will" to "may"?

Sparky was called for a meeting this morning with celtic over yesterdays so called "antics". That meeting being a disciplinary meeting. He will either be fined or get a slap on the wrists. Deserves neither IMO.

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Fact.

Now yer just being daft!!! FACT

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Is the fine 150k?

nah, £150 million

TheFamous1875
31-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Sparky was called for a meeting this morning with celtic over yesterdays so called "antics". That meeting being a disciplinary meeting. He will either be fined or get a slap on the wrists. Deserves neither IMO.

Laughable if true. If Scott Robertson or Liam Craig were in their former teams' end for a very big match, I'd be very happy for the player and that team's fans. A reminder that this business propagates more than money. They had celebrated careers with those clubs, like Sparky did here. He's a known Hibs fan from Leith who had a career-defining season with his boyhood club - surely that's understandable?

Celtic know where his heart lies and they can't stand the fact that someone's deviated from their brand of self glorification. It reminds all of them that they're nowhere near as big as they think they are, and it reminds them that Hibs are nowhere near as small as they think we are.

**** THEM! GGTTH

silverhibee
31-03-2014, 02:42 PM

:confused:

How will he get fined by celtc for doing naff all.

Pretty sure Lennon will have a wee word with him and that will be the end of it.

silverhibee
31-03-2014, 02:46 PM
The Sun is absolute rag of a paper. **** of the earth.

Douglas Walker just loves ramming it up Hibs.

Kato
31-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Cringeworthy it may be. But the love in for him was exactly that also. P.S I am not a manky yam!!

He's a Hibby from my part of town. Haven't got a problem with whoever pays his wages

H18Y GW
31-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Laughable if true. If Scott Robertson or Liam Craig were in their former teams' end for a very big match, I'd be very happy for the player and that team's fans. A reminder that this business propagates more than money. They had celebrated careers with those clubs, like Sparky did here. He's a known Hibs fan from Leith who had a career-defining season with his boyhood club - surely that's understandable?

Celtic know where his heart lies and they can't stand the fact that someone's deviated from their brand of self glorification. It reminds all of them that they're nowhere near as big as they think they are, and it reminds them that Hibs are nowhere near as small as they think we are.

**** THEM! GGTTH

Not the norm for me to look at a Soapie forum but of all the pages on this, only 2 are "outraged" which is less than on here,they have no love for the Gunts so it never surprised me...

I think he may get a Mock ticking off

mmmmhibby
31-03-2014, 03:20 PM
:confused:

How will he get fined by celtc for doing naff all.

Pretty sure Lennon will have a wee word with him and that will be the end of it.

I said he MAY well cop a fine? And yer 2nd line is the outcome. Subject over now ad say eh.

Kato
31-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Not the norm for me to look at a Soapie forum but of all the pages on this, only 2 are "outraged" which is less than on here,they have no love for the Gunts so it never surprised me...

Tick Mock

Pretty Boy
31-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Are the Celtic fans even that bothered?

If so were they as angry when Chic Charnley was regularly photgraphed, in the Celtic end, at Old Firm games whilst playing for a range of other teams?

TheFamous1875
31-03-2014, 03:52 PM

I was referring to the Celtic board, not their fans, although I'm a bit surprised that's the reception he's got on their board since they were all up in arms about him signing in the first place! Then again, he's received nothing but plaudits for his displays since he arrived, so maybe they're really taken by him like we were (are).

I reckon he'll see out his contract with them and sign for Hibs if he doesn't get a big move from Celtic. He'll have made his money by then and hopefully be joining a great Hibs team in his prime by then!

.Sean.
31-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah, surprised they never mentioned Rudi song!
Best delete that before it gets picked up on bud.

weonlywon6-2
31-03-2014, 04:39 PM

he deserves both,crazy crazy thing to do,celtic must have wondered what the hell they have signed,what a donkey he is

so celtic just punt him now!!!!!

3pm
31-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Are the Celtic fans even that bothered?

If so were they as angry when Chic Charnley was regularly photgraphed, in the Celtic end, at Old Firm games whilst playing for a range of other teams?

No...they don't really care.

Itsnoteasy
31-03-2014, 05:08 PM

That,s the one. I was in the roseburn bar b4 the match. Place was bouncing and he was having a good crack and singing wi the lads. Don,t know if he sang that song but sang plenty others.

Itsnoteasy
31-03-2014, 05:12 PM
he deserves both,crazy crazy thing to do,celtic must have wondered what the hell they have signed,what a donkey he is

so celtic just punt him now!!!!!

I was there and he done nothing wrong, sang a few songs. That is the problem wi these so called egomania football players they forget where they came from and have no time for the working class. Not sparky, he was happy to have picture taken with whoever.

weonlywon6-2
31-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I was there and he done nothing wrong, sang a few songs. That is the problem wi these so called egomania football players they forget where they came from and have no time for the working class. Not sparky, he was happy to have picture taken with whoever.

stil think celtic should bin him,i will offer to help him back to edinburgh with his kit!

Sir David Gray
31-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Considering this is a club that encourages songs to be sung in support of terrorist activity during each and every one of their games, it's a bit rich that they're getting het up about one of their players singing a few daft songs mocking the rivals of the team he supports.

Itsnoteasy
31-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Considering this is a club that encourages songs to be sung in support of terrorist activity during each and every one of their games, it's a bit rich that they're getting het up about one of their players singing a few daft songs mocking the rivals of the team he supports.

:top marks

Stokes auld man hides ammo in his boozer for the ra. Is that no worse

Kato
31-03-2014, 06:02 PM

Correct. Also considering the levels of criminality, laundering, tax-dodging, debt-dodging, financial doping and general skull-duggery that went on under Vlad it's rich (but typical) that the MSM makes a bigger deal about someone being offended by singing about it than the actual offences.

Diclonius
31-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Didn't hear the Skacel song once yesterday. Sucks to be them.

Plus I'm sure Skacel has an irrational personal hatred for Griffiths anyway, like he does everything connected with Hibs. :aok:

Swedish hibee
31-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Correct. Also considering the levels of criminality, laundering, tax-dodging, debt-dodging, financial doping and general skull-duggery that went on under Vlad it's rich (but typical) that the MSM makes a bigger deal about someone being offended by singing about it than the actual offences.

Your actually true. Vlad appears this week and that's page 441 or whatever, but Leigh singing & enjoying himself- page 1. Say's it all really.

31-03-2014, 09:27 PM
That rag the Sun will blow up any old story to sell papers. Pathetic. Complete non-story yet that rag makes it a full front page spread.

Kato
31-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Your actually true. Vlad appears this week and that's page 441 or whatever, but Leigh singing & enjoying himself- page 1. Say's it all really.

Wasn't joking.

dp00
31-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I had a look over on a Celtic forum and there fans genuinely don't appear bothered ...

He is a hibs fan who plays for Celtic . No different to my working in asda but preferring Tesco to do my shopping

erin go bragh
31-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Best delete that before it gets picked up on bud.

This !

Ggtth

Billy McKirdy
31-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Personally I think it shows a complete lack of class from someone who should know better, he may be a fan but he is also a Celtic player now. I can get the fan in him enjoying the banter bit, but if he want's to go as far as he can in his career he wants to knock all this controversial $hi7 on the head.
He will always be a Hibs hero no matter where he goes but stuff like this does him no favours whatsoever.
It's as embarrassing as satchell giving it the big 5-1 all the time.
Knock it on the head Sparky and let your football do the talking son.

heretoday
01-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Sparky's appearance merely added to the delight the Jambos felt in winning. He did us no favours at all.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Sparky's appearance merely added to the delight the Jambos felt in winning. He did us no favours at all.

So it's his fault now?!

Killiehibbie
01-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Sparky's appearance merely added to the delight the Jambos felt in winning. He did us no favours at all.He went to watch the team he supports but like most of us probably wishes he hadn't bothered.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 09:09 AM

That's a new one.

We've had plenty of posts over recent months suggesting that the fans are somehow to blame for the mess we're in but that's the first time I've seen an ex-player, who's taken time out of his busy schedule to support the team he's supported all his life, be given some sort of blame for a defeat.

Brilliant!

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2014, 09:19 AM
That's a new one.

We've had plenty of posts over recent months suggesting that the fans are somehow to blame for the mess we're in but that's the first time I've seen an ex-player, who's taken time out of his busy schedule to support the team he's supported all his life, be given some sort of blame for a defeat.

Brilliant!

You are just making things up now, nowhere in the post you replied to has he said sparky was responsible for our defeat?

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Hopefully Celtic will bounce him for doing it....right back in to our arms...:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 09:31 AM
You are just making things up now, nowhere in the post you replied to has he said sparky was responsible for our defeat?

I don't think anywhere in the post you've replied to have I accused him of saying Griffiths was responsible for our defeat.

I said that he was giving Griffiths "some sort of blame" for the defeat, which I think if you read back his post is pretty accurate.

Heretoday said Griffiths "did us no favours at all" by appearing at the game on Sunday.

If that's not suggesting that Griffiths should take some sort of blame for our defeat then I'm not sure what is to be honest.

flash
01-04-2014, 03:58 PM
He is getting done by the SFA. Meanwhile their referees and linesmen cheat with impunity.

DanTheMan
01-04-2014, 04:03 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=13206

ozzie
01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
He is getting done by the SFA. Meanwhile their referees and linesmen cheat with impunity.
Just said the same on Twitter. Refs should be charged for supporting the team and insulting behaviour towards the opposition week in week out.
I assume its the insulting behaviour Leigh is being charged with bloody joke.

SmashinGlass
01-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Just said the same on Twitter. Refs should be charged for supporting the team and insulting behaviour towards the opposition week in week out.
I assume its the insulting behaviour Leigh is being charged with bloody joke.

His representatives should get the charge ripped to shreds. All he's done is state, well sing, a fact.

OsloHibs
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=13206

An absolute disgrace.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 04:15 PM

That really is a joke.

Really. Words fail me.

Sean1875
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
absolutely ridiculous if he recieves any sort of punishment for this. if we thought the SFA had absolutely no understanding or connection with proper fans before, now we have 100% proof, not a clue.

Haymaker
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Surely an aprils fools?!

hibee_girl
01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
How pathetic.

Elephant Stone
01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
The SFA. :hilarious

It would be even funnier if these morons weren't in charge of running our game.

Kato
01-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Disciplinary Rule 86: Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by singing in public about Heart of Midlothian FC in administration.

This would be staggering if it weren't so predictable.

"Not acting in the best interests of Association Football".

Forget all that money laundering, fraud, debt, employing sex-offenders and lying to te Lithuanians about their CVA.

SINGING ABOUT IT IS APPARENTLY A BIGGER CRIME.

The SFA really is a ****king joke.

SaulGoodman
01-04-2014, 04:36 PM
If that's the way it's going to go I'll just start reporting every Hearts player I see taking the piss on Twitter.

So much for rivalry

mmmmhibby
01-04-2014, 04:42 PM
For what its worth Sparky has been fined 4 weeks wages!!! Absolutely scandalous!!!

the_ginger_hibee
01-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Vince Lunny is a prick. Fact.

Who does he answer to and what are his guidelines for incidents he can investigate? He's had previous for picking up Leigh (V Cowdenbeath) and there should be a panel or a committee who judge these things or what gets investigated - not one guy who could easily discriminate. The guys a faceless wonder and has done Hibs over enough in the past.

Maybe he should look at the on-field stuff first? Now that needs sorted before fans singing in pubs do. Disgrace.

DaveF
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM
If that's the way it's going to go I'll just start reporting every Hearts player I see taking the piss on Twitter.

So much for rivalry

Damn right you should, because they will clearly not be acting in the best interests of association football.

Can't believe I'm defending a Celtc player but this is a total and utter farce.

andy1875
01-04-2014, 05:06 PM
What a joke the SFA really are.

Griffiths gets it tight from Jambos and he gives it back. So what the eff does that have to do with the SFA when it's banter like this was.

Rangers fans and Celtic fans alike sing songs on a weekly basis which are 100 times more brutal than "Hearts are going bust".

Lets see the SFA really do something about that for a change.

Kato
01-04-2014, 05:09 PM

Well it's your opinion really, but it's also a fact.

woodyloon
01-04-2014, 05:10 PM

Wonder if the SFA will have a look at Locke at the end of the game. He went to shake Butchers hand then once past him him gives it the get it right up them right in front of the Hibs dugout, then when someone's says something he seems to reply with "f--k off".

Can you imagine what reaction if we had won and Butcher had done the same, in there technical area.

I don't have a great issue with it myself although I think he did it looking for a reaction nothing new there, but in the heat of a Derby, but if SFA feel they need to get involved with Sparky who was out with his mates and has by all accounts been dealt with by his club, then encroaching into the oppositions technical area should some sort of warning.

hibee_girl

Who does he answer to and what are his guidelines for incidents he can investigate? He's had previous for picking up Leigh (V Cowdenbeath) and there should be a panel or a committee who judge these things or what gets investigated - not one guy who could easily discriminate. The guys a faceless wonder and has done Hibs over enough in the past.

Maybe he should look at the on-field stuff first? Now that needs sorted before fans singing in pubs do. Disgrace.

Not defending him at all but doesn't he only look at stuff that's flagged up to him? Someone had to have lodged a complaint about Griffiths for him to act on it.

That's my understanding of it, I may be wrong :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
The SFA are an embarrassment. **** them.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Leigh, you are a legend!

well done Sparky.

Those fools sometimes require reminding of their impending doomsday :-)

GIRFUY J C....S!!!!

Hibernia Na Eir
01-04-2014, 05:20 PM

let's see what 'delight' remains come 7 April :-)

Black Kyle
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Footballer on day off, being a fan, watching football. Stands up to join in a song about rivals - busted and front page news.

Wonder if the Nazis at the SFA will have spies at Scotland matches next to watch for pros singing Flower of Scotland?

maturehibby
01-04-2014, 05:25 PM
On the day of his Hearing there should be as many Hibs fans who can go along to Hampden in a vote of support from him and show the people who are taking the Mick where to get off

hibbybob
I still can't believe that some silly **** posted the video on the internet.

it was obvious that it would backfire on Leigh!

The_Exile
Effin joke, he's done nothing wrong! FWIW, he's being backed to the hilt over on Kerrydale Street, it's bloody madness this.

lucky
Shocking decision yet again by the SFA

Kato
01-04-2014, 05:28 PM
I just realised I was singing anti-Hearts songs in the shower.

Have fined myself four bubbles and am using a damp towel to dry off.

Dashing Bob S
01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Shocking decision yet again by the SFA

It's pretty hilarious to be honest. "Singing songs about Heart of Midlothian being in Administration."

Is there a 'Heart of Midlothian in Administration' songbook?

LG should argue that it was actually an impending liquidation song rather than a current administration pop hit. Watch them try to get their heads around that.

the_ginger_hibee
01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Not defending him at all but doesn't he only look at stuff that's flagged up to him? Someone had to have lodged a complaint about Griffiths for him to act on it.

That's my understanding of it, I may be wrong :greengrin

'Now the Scottish Football Association’s compliance officer Vincent Lunny says the Scotland cap has a case to answer.'

Hmmm...maybe not so clear, to me that sounded like VL/prick decided himself there was a case but I suppose it could mean he decided based on a complaint.

He's still a joke. There should be much more transparency in these things. Not a case of Lunny deciding what is and isn't wrong in the game.

Scottish football eh? :greengrin

Sean1875
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
seemingly Celtic have fined him and they have also apologised to Hearts over it.. apologising to Hearts after all their defrauding and lieing because their HIBS supporting employee sang a song about them, ****ing pathetic.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 05:33 PM
It's pretty hilarious to be honest. "Singing songs about Heart of Midlothian being in Administration."

LG should argue that it was actually an impending liquidation song rather than a current administration pop hit. Watch them try to get their heads around that.

:agree: The charge is factually incorrect.

Griffiths wasn't singing anything at all about them being in administration.

He was singing about how close they are to being liquidated.

There's a huge difference.

Diclonius
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
He should have just sung some "Irish folk songs" or "unionist anthems" instead. The GFA would have done **** all.

Kato
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Hearts Rant ‏@HeartsRant 6m

I see Leigh Griffiths has been charged under SFA rule 86: 'Thou shall not be a ned'. Good. Let's cleanse Scottish football of jake-balls.

Well Rangers are dead and Hearts will be soon, that's a good start.

Aaron
01-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Also fined by Celtic

Celtic Football Club statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 01 Apr, 2014 18:12
THE SFA today served a notice of complaint on Leigh Griffiths, alleging a breach of disciplinary rule 86 - not acting in the best interests of Association Football by singing in public about Heart of Midlothian FC in administration.

Following the incident, the player publicly apologised for his actions. Celtic have fined the player and the Club has also apologised to Hearts, an apology which they have accepted.

Therefore, the Club feels there is no need for any further action, and this is something which we will defend.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=5650

emerald green
01-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Yes, The Sun, the most despicable rag under the sun! No football supporter, of ANY club, should ever be seen dead with it after the s*** and lies they printed after Hillsborough disaster.

Mr White
01-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Did callum paterson get into trouble with the sfa over his all the hibees are gay tweet last season? I don't think he did or necessarily should have but that would seem more deserving of an sfa hearing than leigh in this case given the homophobic aspect. Scottish football authorities in inconsistency shocker eh?

SaulGoodman
01-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Did callum paterson get into trouble with the sfa over his all the hibees are gay tweet last season? I don't think he did or necessarily should have but that would seem more deserving of an sfa hearing than leigh in this case given the homophobic aspect. Scottish football authorities in inconsistency shocker eh?

Don't think he did but I'm going to email the Sfa stating that Patterson is 'Not acting in the best interests of anyone born after 1945' because of his Hitler-esque moustache

Kato
01-04-2014, 05:52 PM

It has to reported for him to take any action. Seems like no-one is as petty minded as the Gorgie trumpets.

Mr White
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
It has to reported for him to take any action. Seems like no-one is as petty minded as the Gorgie trumpets.

I'm fairly petty. When hearts are liquidated I'm going to report them to mr lunny for bringing the game into disrepute. That'll learn em.

son of haggart
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
FWIW the posts on kickback are mostly on the lines of how stupid the administrators of scottish football are to take this up.

Everyone knows we gave him a lot of stick no problem with him taking the mick back.

Ridiculous decision

Kato
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
FWIW the posts on kickback are mostly on the lines of how stupid the administrators of scottish football are to take this up.

Everyone knows we gave him a lot of stick no problem with him taking the mick back.

Ridiculous decision

...and whoever reported him is even more ridiculous.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Also fined by Celtic

Celtic Football Club statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 01 Apr, 2014 18:12
THE SFA today served a notice of complaint on Leigh Griffiths, alleging a breach of disciplinary rule 86 - not acting in the best interests of Association Football by singing in public about Heart of Midlothian FC in administration.

Following the incident, the player publicly apologised for his actions. Celtic have fined the player and the Club has also apologised to Hearts, an apology which they have accepted.

Therefore, the Club feels there is no need for any further action, and this is something which we will defend.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=5650

Hypocrites.

As I said yesterday, they're quite happy to sit and listen to their fans singing in support of a terrorist organisation every week without batting an eyelid but as soon as one of their players sings a daft song about his team's rivals being faced with liquidation, through no-one's fault but their own, they're hitting him with a fine.

Unreal.

I seem to remember Peter Lawwell making a comment about Newco Rangers, effectively describing them as a brand new club a while back. This comment, like the song that Griffiths was singing on Sunday, is factually correct, but I don't remember Lawwell being disciplined by Celtic in any way or being charged by the SFA for that matter, despite the protestations from Sevco over the incident at the time.

Was Lawwell also not "acting against the best interests of association football" by making that comment? :confused:

son of haggart
01-04-2014, 06:16 PM

I agree

portyhibernian
01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
A ****ing joke of an organisation run by ****ing stupid ***** from top to bottom.

Centre Hawf
01-04-2014, 06:19 PM

and the one who filmed him and put it up is even worse.

Beefster
01-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Ridiculous. It was probably going to end this way as soon as some bright spark put their clip on YouTube though.

Did Paul McGowan get charged by the SFA for being pished at ER with the Celtic support and singing some songs about Rangers?

S4uzee
01-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Surely Craig Thomson posing for pictures with Hearts fans is "offensive" to Hibs fans?

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Surely Craig Thomson posing for pictures with Hearts fans is "offensive" to Hibs fans?Aye but that's allowed, even if somebody was sad enough tae report it these ***** would dae nothing about it. SFA are a collection of useless ****wits, they'd be better doing something about the pathetic standards (and worse) of their ****in' worse than useless officials.

As for whoever reported it, what a ****in' saddo

Diclonius
01-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Surely Craig Thomson posing for pictures with Hearts fans is "offensive" to Hibs fans?

Craig Thomson in general is offensive to Hibs fans.

jdships
01-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Surely the SFA are making a stick to break their own backs here?
They have created va situation whereby any football player says anything " Politically incorrect" they will get charged with " acting against the best interests of association football "

Also does this mean that anyone can now report a player having a day off in a pub for " misbehaving " ?
You couldn't make this up if you tried !!
The hearing will make for interesting reading

DaveF
01-04-2014, 06:39 PM
They have created va situation whereby any football player says anything " Politically incorrect" they will get charged with " acting against the best interests of association football "

Also does this mean that anyone can now report a player having a day off in a pub for " misbehaving " ?
The hearing will make for interesting reading

It does. If you are actually sad and bitter enough to report it.

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Haven't read through this thread, so apologies if this has already been posted.

The phrase "bringing the game into disrepute" rips my knitting.

On Sunday, other sports must have been laughing at the inability of football to use technology to overturn a wrong decision. If that's not "disrepute", what is?

Did Paul (?) McGowan get a similar call when he was celebrating with the Tic fans, whilst employed by St. Mirren?

And, were there not a few others in green on Sunday who brought the game into disrepute? :greengrin

scoopyboy
01-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I still can't believe that some silly **** posted the video on the internet.

it was obvious that it would backfire on Leigh!

One of our own stitched up by one of our own.

****ing beggars belief.

jdships
01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
It does. If you are actually sad and bitter enough to report it.

:thumbsup::agree:
" What a way to run a railway" comes to mind !!

Weststandwanab
01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Surely Craig Thomson posing for pictures with Hearts fans is "offensive" to Hibs fans?A very good point.

The hearing will make for interesting reading I agree but it would never stand up in court when some player's brief decides to take on the GFA.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2014, 07:00 PM

I'm not defending the SFA here in the slightest, but, its typically dodgy EN reporting. There is no mention of Hearts whatsover in SFA Rule 86.

Hibercelona
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Unbelievable. A lad goes to support his boyhood club on a day off from work and has a laugh with his fellow supporters and somehow he isn't allowed to do that? :rolleyes:

I don't recall Skacel being fined for his 5-1 pish when he was playing for Dundee Utd. :confused:

Willis1875
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
This is no more offensive than the fat holed umpa lumpa that plays in there midfield doing his best to wind up the hibs support on Sunday.Giffiths got an SFA charge for gesturing to his own support whilst at Hibs yet Hamill seems to have free reign to do whatever he wants

lugz
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
They've obviously got their priorities sorted, punish a lad for having a laugh on a day off and forget the horrible officiating that happened the same day.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Police Scotland, Unacceptable Behaviour, Plot Lost.

Time somebody got a grip on these sanctimonious little pricks that would run our country.

cwilliamson85
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
He gets charged for singing this song but Hearts get away with homophobic songs like "all the hibees are gay".

Ridiculous!!

silverhibee
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM

What a joke.

Beefster
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm not defending the SFA here in the slightest, but, its typically dodgy EN reporting. There is no mention of Hearts whatsover in SFA Rule 86.

The bit about "singing in public about Heart of Midlothian FC in administration" is from the SFA charge.

Hibercelona
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
They're in clear breech of the freedom of speech law. Couldn't Sparky actually sue them for this?

Kato
01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
They're in clear breech of the freedom of speech law. Couldn't Sparky actually sue them for this?

There is no Freedom of Speech for working-class people, they must comply with middle class expectations at all times or face the consequences.

dp00
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Surely players doing 5-1 is the same

Benny Brazil
01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Taken from the rule - insulting words or behaviour

Whats insulting about it - merely stating the obvious - they are going bust :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2014, 07:52 PM

The EHRC doesn't apply in Glasgow.

Weststandwanab
01-04-2014, 08:35 PM
They're in clear breech of the freedom of speech law. Couldn't Sparky actually sue them for this? His lawyer could.

There is no Freedom of Speech for working-class people, they must comply with middle class expectations at all times or face the consequences. Bollocks I am working class and say what I like.

Whats insulting about it - merely stating the obvious - they are going bust :greengrin Words and behaviour no definition and open to interpretation.

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Whats insulting about it - merely stating the obvious - they are going bust :greengrin

A Pedant writes.... within the meaning of the law, they ARE bust.

So the SFA are right to do him for chanting inaccuracies :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Actually speechless. I literally hate the idiots that run our game. That big bell end Ryan McGowan was at the last derby doing his usual 5-1 ***** outside ER, what's the difference? Callum Paterson gets away with a homophobic tweet. In fact, someone away and get that sent to the prick Lunny please. Seriously. It's historical now but it shouldn't matter. It's surely far worse than Leigh singing a song about a bunch of charity robbing cheats

Glory Lurker
01-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Unbelievable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
The bit about "singing in public about Heart of Midlothian FC in administration" is from the SFA charge.

Rule 86 from SFA Website

Rule 86: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football . Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

There have been so many more serious breaches of this rule its actually almost funny! :rolleyes:

Benny Brazil
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
A Pedant writes.... within the meaning of the law, they ARE bust.

So the SFA are right to do him for chanting inaccuracies :greengrin

:greengrin
Of course my apologies Mr Pedant - but it doesnt really fit well with the tune :greengrin

jdships
01-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Rule 86 from SFA Website

Rule 86: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football . Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

There have been so many more serious breaches of this rule its actually almost funny!

This endorses the point I was trying to make earlier.
This can turn into a can of worms
Imagine a professional footballer on a night out , has a go at the Kareoke and sings a " football song "
Does that mean if someone lifts the phone to the SFA and complains he will be accused of " insulting behaviour" ?

I remember back in the '70's being invited by the late Bob Crampsey to join him at a Junior cup tie in Glasgow.
We were right on the touchline and Bob shouts at the Linesman " C'mon Linesman be fair there's two teams playing " to which the Linesman replied
" Just F..k off eh!"

One of the teams staff heard the remark and unbeknowns to us wrote to the SJFA to register a complaint . Never got a reply .
Perhaps the rules were different in those days :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM

You could not make this up. They are unbelievable!

stevejordan
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
even yams i have to work with agree that it is out of order he takes worse than he gives out they said today and they have no problem with what he said

harry-hibee
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM

For the past week the media has been reporting the FACT that Hearts are going bust and even in the last few days confirming this has escalated that liquidation is imminent. So how can the SFA condemn someone for stating a fact whether this is in way of a song or not and it can't be deemed insulting as everyone knows including Hearts that they are going bust.

OsloHibs
01-04-2014, 10:33 PM
If I was Leigh I'd spend a few weeks wages and hire top lawyer to humiliate the SFA at the hearing.

The Pointer
01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
It's ridiculous that Lunny has seen fit to accept there is a case to answer. Any rational, mature person would have thrown this complaint out as coming from a small-minded person with an axe to grind, i.e. a Jambo. Sparky is a football fan doing what fans do the world over: abusing his rivals. He didn't swear (God forbid!) or call them any nasty names such as would have Stewart Cosgrove choking on his chai infusion.

Detrimental to the image of football? I think the SPFL/SFA would be number one on the list of things which are.

This is the bunch, after all, which stops players (and I noticed on Sunday, Cocke) celebrating but I'm going off thread there.

Aaaagh, nurse - the pills!!!:brickwall:brickwall

Itsnoteasy
02-04-2014, 12:27 AM
One of our own stitched up by one of our own.

****ing beggars belief.

How do you know it was a hibby that posted it. Could have been a rogue jambo in there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
If I was Leigh I'd spend a few weeks wages and hire top lawyer to humiliate the SFA at the hearing.

I think his lawyer will have a field day, whatever that actually is! :-)

scoopyboy
02-04-2014, 06:01 AM
How do you know it was a hibby that posted it. Could have been a rogue jambo in there.

True, but my bet would be highly unlikely.

Cameron1875
02-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Griffiths is too much trouble than its worth for Celtic. Should probably sell him, 150k should do it.

Also its not like anyone from their club has been caught singing about their rivals... Oh wait :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdO0EoprDc

ManBearPig
02-04-2014, 06:41 AM
I just realised I was singing anti-Hearts songs in the shower.

Have fined myself four bubbles and am using a damp towel to dry off.

hahaha! thats brilliant sir.

Alex Trager
02-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Griffiths is too much trouble than its worth for Celtic. Should probably sell him, 150k should do it.

Also its not like anyone from their club has been caught singing about their rivals... Oh wait :wink:

Waw

sleeping giant
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM

Excellent find :aok:

Need to get that all over facebook now :top marks

johnbc70
02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
It's the SFA itself which seems to me not acting in the best interest of the game by bringing this petty charge in the first place. Absolutely mental and makes me mad. I hope Celtic fight this all they way to show how pathetic and ridiculous this is.

BH Hibs
02-04-2014, 02:41 PM
So what happens if Hearts go pop before his meeting. Surely you can't be done for telling the truth.

matty_f
02-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Apologies if this has been covered, but in what way is Griffiths singing about the Yams any different from the hundreds of photos of Yam players and staff noising us up with the 5-1/1902 pish? Think the boy Lunny needs to get a few emails sent about those creeps if he's handing out fines or bans or whatever for this kind of nonsense.

Saorsa
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Apologies if this has been covered, but in what way is Griffiths singing about the Yams any different from the hundreds of photos of Yam players and staff noising us up with the 5-1/1902 pish? Think the boy Lunny needs to get a few emails sent about those creeps if he's handing out fines or bans or whatever for this kind of nonsense.What about their own officials and this kind of nonsense? Never mind employees of clubs.

http://img-2013.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/thumbnail/nagevyja.jpg

wonder (actually I dinnae really wonder, I ken the answer) if anything would be done about that if somebody found it offensive and reported it.

I'd find his puss offensive even if they windae lickers wernae in that pic.

FromTheCapital
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
The bad thing is that this will probably prevent him from coming out to support us again? He was just like any of the other 3800 odd fans there cheering on our team. Celtic should only care about what Griffiths does on the park for them! I've talked to a lot of Celtic fans who themselves have labelled him as a legend for starting the song. Can't believe Hearts, Celtic and the SFA made a big deal out of a young, local lad coming out to cheer on his mates and his boyhood club. Just a shame he wasn't on the park!

silverhibee
02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
The bad thing is that this will probably prevent him from coming out to support us again? He was just like any of the other 3800 odd fans there cheering on our team. Celtic should only care about what Griffiths does on the park for them! I've talked to a lot of Celtic fans who themselves have labelled him as a legend for starting the song. Can't believe Hearts, Celtic and the SFA made a big deal out of a young, local lad coming out to cheer on his mates and his boyhood club. Just a shame he wasn't on the park!

I doubt celtc can stop him from attending games, what they may do is arrange tickets for him in the Main stand of grounds in the SPL.

Or just go to games and sit on his hands with tape over his mouth should do the job. :greengrin

FromTheCapital
02-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I doubt celtc can stop him from attending games, what they may do is arrange tickets for him in the Main stand of grounds in the SPL.

Or just go to games and sit on his hands with tape over his mouth should do the job. :greengrin

He's a young lad though who wanted to have a good day out with the people who love him and who he loves and gets punished for it and yeah haha, that would probably do the trick!

BH Hibs
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
It's the SFA itself which seems to me not acting in the best interest of the game by bringing this petty charge in the first place. Absolutely mental and makes me mad. I hope Celtic fight this all they way to show how pathetic and ridiculous this is.

I agree they are actually deterring a young man from going out to support his team when attendances are on the decline.:agree:

Eyrie
02-04-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm confused. Griffiths is only repeating what Bryan Jackson is telling the media, so surely Jackson should be in trouble as well?

.Sean.
02-04-2014, 08:36 PM
I've sent the SFA a nice wee email asking if Griffiths has contravened Rule 86 by not acting in the best interests of Association Football, will Craig Thomson also be getting a ban for posing with hearts supporters doing the 5-1.

Aldo
02-04-2014, 08:41 PM
I've sent the SFA a nice wee email asking if Griffiths has contravened Rule 86 by not acting in the best interests of Association Football, will Craig Thomson also be getting a ban for posing with hearts supporters doing the 5-1.

Indeed but I fear you are wasting your time mate. I look forward to their response (if you get one).

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Have Hearts and Celtic made a big thing out of it? Must've missed that.

FromTheCapital
02-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Not so much Hearts as club but the fans 100% have and Celtic fined Griffiths

FromTheCapital
02-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Have Hearts and Celtic made a big thing out of it? Must've missed that.

Not so much Hearts as club but the fans 100% have and Celtic fined Griffiths

Swedish hibee
02-04-2014, 08:45 PM

I done something similar. Sometimes you just gotta take a stand against fools.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Funny how they ignore technology(goal line) that could improve standards In the game but more than happy to use it as damning evidence to make an example of Leigh.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Did skacel ever get done for his Dundee United Jersey number? Or does it have to be officially raised before they can do anything?

clerriehibs
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Seems to me that Southern has brought the game into bigger disrepute than Leigh ... also seems to me that the authorities, both football and legal, don't give a monkey's.

ScottB
02-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Don't see how this is any different than Hearts players past and present constantly giving it the 5-1.

So he was in a bar singing 'Hearts are going bust' big deal. Maybe the authorities should listen to the songs coming out of Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle if they want some actually offensive songs.

number 27
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I remember after the league cup debacle this season there were pictures of Hamill and Stevenson with some kind of home made sign mocking Pat Fenlon, at the time it seemed pointless worrying about it but now I cannot see how that is any different to what LG is being charged with:confused:

greenginger
03-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Maybe Lunny should be charged with not acting in the interests of Football as he does seem to have a fixation to focus on one particular footballer.

jacomo
03-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Don't see how this is any different than Hearts players past and present constantly giving it the 5-1.

So he was in a bar singing 'Hearts are going bust' big deal. Maybe the authorities should listen to the songs coming out of Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle if they want some actually offensive songs.

:agree: I find this whole story depressing. What offence has he committed exactly? This story outlines what he's been charged with but hard to say that his behaviour was "violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26843699

Who was he insulting? He was in a pub full of Hibbys - yes it's a public place, but as far as I know he wasn't setting out to insult anyone.

silverhibee
03-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm confused. Griffiths is only repeating what Bryan Jackson is telling the media, so surely Jackson should be in trouble as well?

I doubt Jackson is a member of the SFA.

silverhibee
03-04-2014, 12:37 PM
:agree: I find this whole story depressing. What offence has he committed exactly? This story outlines what he's been charged with but hard to say that his behaviour was "violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour".

Who was he insulting? He was in a pub full of Hibbys - yes it's a public place, but as far as I know he wasn't setting out to insult anyone.

The picture that goes with that link doesn't do Griffiths any favours at all, sorry to say it but he shouldn't be acting like that at a football game, he is a pro footballer and whether it is his day off or not he is representing celtc 24/7 and i don't think celtc will want one of there players behaving in that manner, also his antics over the weekend will not do him any favours for when he is in and around Edinburgh in his spare time, it just brings more attention to him and that is the last thing Sparky and celtc need.

RIP Bestie
03-04-2014, 12:39 PM

Come on, take the green tinted glasses off.
I would agree that it's over the top, however, in these days of political correctness, we shouldn't be surprised about the negative press this gets.
Like it or not Leigh was stupid to get himself involved in this. He knows this.
Footballers are expected to be ambassadors for their clubs and associations, it goes with the job. If they are daft enough to become involved in something,that is going to be highlighted by the use of mobile phone cameras and can be deemed as bringing the game into disrepute, they deserve the bad publicity that goes with it. Defending Leigh with this is like defending Donald Findlay. I know that his was sectarian and Leigh's wasn't, but it is the same level of daftness. Maybe in future people will think twice about posting these videos on the internet if they don't want to see people getting into bother. I think that Leigh maybe stupidly trusted the people who were in the pub to protect his integrity.

Eyrie
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I doubt Jackson is a member of the SFA.

Both are under the authority of the SFA - Griffiths as a player and Jackson as the man running the Yams.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2014, 09:53 PM
The picture that goes with that link doesn't do Griffiths any favours at all, sorry to say it but he shouldn't be acting like that at a football game, he is a pro footballer and whether it is his day off or not he is representing celtc 24/7 and i don't think celtc will want one of there players behaving in that manner, also his antics over the weekend will not do him any favours for when he is in and around Edinburgh in his spare time, it just brings more attention to him and that is the last thing Sparky and celtc need.

I don't see what's wrong with that picture.

He's standing with his tongue out and making a weird gesture with his hand, he's hardly giving them the "******" sign whilst shouting "**** the Hearts".

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2014, 10:13 PM
As soon as it was publicised we all knew Sparky would be in trouble for it and so did he. It was an irresponsible act from a professional footballer who has been in the limelight far too often for the wrong reasons rather than his exploits on the pitch. It was daft, he knows it and we know it, one day he will show the same maturity off the pitch as he does on it. That's what you get with Leigh Griffiths, a phenomenal player on his game and a daft laddie away from it.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2014, 10:20 PM
As soon as it was publicised we all knew Sparky would be in trouble for it and so did he. It was an irresponsible act from a professional footballer who has been in the limelight far too often for the wrong reasons rather than his exploits on the pitch. It was daft, he knows it and we know it, one day he will show the same maturity off the pitch as he does on it. That's what you get with Leigh Griffiths, a phenomenal player on his game and a daft laddie away from it.

This :agree:

heretoday
03-04-2014, 10:55 PM

I have to say I agree. The whole episode was tawdry and unprofessional. You wouldn't have seen Pat Stanton carrying on like that.

clerriehibs
03-04-2014, 11:18 PM
I have to say I agree. The whole episode was tawdry and unprofessional. You wouldn't have seen Pat Stanton carrying on like that.

Pat's no angel.

The incident eas a supportet singing an inoffensive song. These hertz twats like to put it out, but as soon as there's a hint of disrespect them, off to the authorities they run.

Hibrandenburg
04-04-2014, 06:21 AM
I would understand it if the SFA were getting their knickers in a twist about one of their officials showing partisan tendencies towards a particular team but why should a player have to show neutrality?

I really am losing the will to take Scottish football seriously.

Brizo
04-04-2014, 06:45 AM

Excellent post.

Out of interest and ive not gone through the previous 9 pages but was the weird hand gesture earlier poster Trig refers to, the old YNT gang sign ? Not to be confused with the "big Ys " , YLT gang sign ? :greengrin:

emerald green
04-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Great post. Just shows up all the hypocrisy. :aok::aok:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Pat's no angel.

The incident eas a supportet singing an inoffensive song. These hertz twats like to put it out, but as soon as there's a hint of disrespect them, off to the authorities they run.

True................... he's a footballing God :wink: