PDA

View Full Version : Disallowed Goal/Decisions

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I felt that goal was coming. If it had been given I think we might well have got the winner. I reckon anxiety was growing in the Yam ranks.

Thoughts?

dave62
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I felt that goal was coming. If it had been given I think we might well have got the winner. I reckon anxiety was growing in the Yam ranks.

Thoughts?

Agreed.

Golden Bear
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM

Thoughts?

All ifs and buts but it doesn't disguise the fact that we were absolutely rotten to the core.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 04:56 PM
We could have been 2 or 3 down before then. We could have been at 1-1 after then.

All if's and but's that count for nothing now.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes, it could have turned things our way. Shocking decision from a linesman with a history of blunders. Just ask Malaga fans and was he not also on the Thomson cup final clown team?

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 05:00 PM
We could have been 2 or 3 down before then. We could have been at 1-1 after then.

I know, I just think people are losing sight of the fact we were robbed. I honestly believe Hibs had actually worn them down, and would have capitalised.

grunt
30-03-2014, 05:02 PM
This one?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bj_MRZ9IAAAH3Cf.jpg

dave62
30-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Of course it's all ifs and buts, and we were pretty terrible today, but how often in a derby have Hearts come away with an undeserved draw or victory. Too often in my experience. So if Forster's goal had been given and we'd gone on to win nobody on here would be complaining.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 05:03 PM

It doesn't excuse how good we were making them look but football is about goals and they were only one ahead when our fine equalizer was cheated off the scoreline. At 1.1 our confidence would have soared and who knows the result.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I know, I just think people are losing sight of the fact we were robbed. I honestly believe Hibs had actually worn them down, and would have capitalised.

If the goal had of stood and we fought back to win, Hearts fans would be complaining that THEY were robbed by incorrect offside decisions.

I don't think we were cheated or anything by the officials today. I just think they were crap and the stronger team got the result sadly.

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2014, 05:06 PM
If the goal had of stood and we fought back to win, Hearts fans would be complaining that THEY were robbed by incorrect offside decisions.

I don't think we were cheated or anything by the officials today. I just think they were crap and the stronger team got the result sadly.

The one that Williams saved? That was wrongly called, but he saved it.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 05:07 PM

I didn't say anybody cheated, but we did get a perfectly good goal chopped off. Quite frustrating.

SaulGoodman
30-03-2014, 05:08 PM
That linesman's looking right down the line. The boy playing Forster onside isn't even in the same shade of grass ffs!!

WWFTWTG
30-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I didn't say anybody cheated, but we did get a perfectly good goal chopped off. Quite frustrating.

Totally agree FR these decisions change games. Good post.

semaj64
30-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Agree to an extent, do not think we would have won it, Butcher needed to make the changes earlier and did not. We did show more going forward when subs were made

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 05:28 PM

Its very frustrating. Considering whats gone against us in derbies over the years and the importance of a win today.

I just wish the players had gone out there with the mentality of crushing their opponents, then we wouldn't be grieving over shocking decisions such as these.

semaj64
30-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Its very frustrating. Considering whats gone against us in derbies over the years and the importance of a win today.

I just wish the players had gone out there with the mentality of crushing their opponents, then we wouldn't be grieving over shocking decisions such as these.

Agree Players just did not up again why are hearts always more up for a derby than hibs

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Thoughts? Agreed but now I wonder if that was better for us longer term.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Thing is it's basics and wasn't even in line at least 2 steps behind the last defender when ball is kicked. That's twice now that assistant ref has done that to us. Yes he is human but it wasn't even close to being off.

It's decisions like that that get folk wound up.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Of course it's all ifs and buts, and we were pretty terrible today, but how often in a derby have Hearts come away with an undeserved draw or victory. Too often in my experience. So if Forster's goal had been given and we'd gone on to win nobody on here would be complaining.

If Hibs had gone on to win today (and I doubt it) it would have just papered over the cracks. It really pains me to say it. Sorry, it gives me no pleasure whatsoever. So sick and tired of it. :sick:

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Yep I agree.
We were poop right enough, but had that goal (and it was a goal) been allowed, I think we could have well gone on to win as the wind would have went out of their sails.

flash
30-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Seems clear a lot on here are delighted it was disallowed.

Feed McGraw
30-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Thoughts? Totally agree FR, I think Hearts would have crumbled if the goal had stood. The worry would have kicked in that Hibs were, after all, going to relegate them and they would have been rattled I reckon. Hibs for the most part were mediocre again, but I`ve seen them play worse and the officials more than the opponents have done for us again.

Yuillsy
30-03-2014, 05:52 PM
If Hibs had gone on to win today (and I doubt it) it would have just papered over the cracks. It really pains me to say it. Sorry, it gives me no pleasure whatsoever. So sick and tired of it. :sick:

I don't think it would've papered over the cracks. We all know and it's seems Butcher does as well that a total clear out is needed.
The fact is we were disallowed a perfectly good goal at a time where we were pressuring them. If the goal had stood who knows what would've happened. Deserving or not goals change games and we were robbed today!

leggeto
30-03-2014, 05:55 PM
This one?

I don't think he even seen their boy walking back,he seems to be in line with the other defenders

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 05:56 PM

What are you basing that on? I don't see anybody happy about it on here. ?

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:02 PM
1-1 it's a different game. We were in control up to the chance. How the linesmans called that wrong beggar belief, he has a perfect angle. Dishonest or honest
Mistake?

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Aye, thats right. We're all secretly s******ing behind our keyboards.

truehibernian
1-1 it's a different game. We were in control up to the chance. How the linesmans called that wrong beggar belief, he has a perfect angle. Dishonest or honest
Mistake?

Same linesman as the cup final wasn't it :cb

emerald green
I don't think it would've papered over the cracks. We all know and it's seems Butcher does as well that a total clear out is needed.
The fact is we were disallowed a perfectly good goal at a time where we were pressuring them. If the goal had stood who knows what would've happened. Deserving or not goals change games and we were robbed today!

If it wouldn't have papered over the cracks, then why is a total clear out needed? OK, if Hibs had got the goal I agree it might have changed the outcome. Who knows? We never seem to get these big calls in our favour against Hearts. Nothing ever changes there.

30-03-2014, 06:04 PM
At the time of that "goal" we were having a good spell and were putting them on the back foot. Another incompetent official, the big decisions never seem to go our way in derbies. I'm not gonna start saying its the officials fault we lost because for the answers to that we need to look a lot closer to home but they don't half make it harder for us with ridiculous decisions like that.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Aye, thats right. We're all secretly s******ing behind our keyboards.

I don't think anybody would ever accuse you of doing that. :greengrin

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Thought it was the linesman from the ball that went bout 3yards over the line yet he didn't see it.

You start to wonder

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't think anybody would ever accuse you of doing that. :greengrin

It's generally at other posters, not the events that unfold at the club.:wink:

emerald green
30-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Nonsense. What Hibs supporter would be delighted with that?

Biggie
30-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Another pathetic decision, but what will be done about it ?....**** all....it's not as if it was in an old firm game.....we never seem to get the breaks in these games.
Of more concern is where do hibs go from here ?......why is it ingrained in our DNA to have no heart.?

basehibby
30-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Defo a case of robbed by the refs again today - they seem to hate us and I wonder why??? Is it really just a massive conspiracy of bigots? Surely not but then why?

Two game changing decisions today - Griffiths goal 2 yards over the line denied - the cup final multiple refereeing debacle - Zaliukas's multiple assaults on Jones ignored - it happens faaaar too often and you wonder .....

The team weren't too great today but they created enough chances to get something out of the game IMO - poor refereeing decisions cost us big time.

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Mistake?

Honest I thought.

The player playing JF onside had been lying in the 6 yard box for a while, and had just got up. The linesman was, IMO, concentrating on what he thought was the line. Shouldn't have happened, of course, but I can understand why he missed it....

matty_f
30-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I thought based on the second half we were worth a point. I'm quite confident that had the goal been allowed we would have got the point.

All we can do is score within the rules of the game, we did that and the ref/linesman's made a mess of it again.

We deserved the goal. There was nothing wrong with it.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't think he even seen their boy walking back,he seems to be in line with the other defenders

:agree: McGowan was so far back he didn't see him. Boy needs sacked.

Feed McGraw
30-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Referee should've overruled his linesman just like the Ref (wrongly) did in Raith`s favour in the cup tie. This time he would have been correct, he too, surely saw the player walking out three light years behind the rest of the defence.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:19 PM
They 1st said that Jordan was offside, then went on too say Collins was off/interfering with play. Infact Collins was being tugged to the ground by McGowan. Now the officials are playing the card "Forster was offside"

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Defo a case of robbed by the refs again today - they seem to hate us and I wonder why??? Is it really just a massive conspiracy of bigots? Surely not but then why?

Two game changing decisions today - Griffiths goal 2 yards over the line denied - the cup final multiple refereeing debacle - Zaliukas's multiple assaults on Jones ignored - it happens faaaar too often and you wonder .....

The team weren't too great today but they created enough chances to get something out of the game IMO - poor refereeing decisions cost us big time.

TB said in his post-match interview that the 'disallowed goal' was a scandalous decision, wouldn't surprise me if he gets a fine from the SFA/GFA/SPFL whatever

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:23 PM
There were a few times today when the yams player either pulled the Hibs player back or booted the ball away after the whistle had gone and yet did not get booked. Now by the letter of the law they should of been booked.

Basics yet Maclean didn't take any actions. Poor again

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:26 PM
TB said in his post-match interview that the 'disallowed goal' was a scandalous decision, wouldn't surprise me if he gets a fine from the SFA/GFA/SPFL whatever

Yip they seem to be exempt from criticism yet players and managers just have to suck it in.

If I was TB or indeed Hibs I would refuse any sanctions and fight it all the way.

It's about time they were accountable for their inability to do their jobs.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:28 PM
There were a few times today when the yams player either pulled the Hibs player back or booted the ball away after the whistle had gone and yet did not get booked. Now by the letter of the law they should of been booked.

Basics yet Maclean didn't take any actions. Poor again

Jason 5 million Holts blatant tug of the shirt on Danny Handling. Unpunished.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Jason 5 million Holts blatant tug of the shirt on Danny Handling. Unpunished.

Exactly my point. In the EPL that's a yellow card in other parts of Europe it's a yellow card.

No consistency and they say things even themselves out over the piece well if that's indeed the case everything should go our way the whole of next season.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Ref was shocking Aldo. Gave them everything. How was Ryan Stevenson not sent off? 5/6 fouls that could have been a yellow card. Worst one for me was that little prick Nicholsan (who hasn't stated puberty) kicks the ball away and runs into mcgiven and ryan gets booked. No consistency from the ref. Another thing, Collins cut f*** all from the officials today.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Why? Have you ever wondered why Celtic supporters started their chant "whose the mason in the black"? Have you ever seen the famous photo of the old "well respected" referee Tiny Wharton, and Rangers captain John Greig, giving the masonic handshake before a match he was refereeing kicked off? Did you read the article in yesterdays Scotsman recalling a 1977 derby at Tynecastle? The referee, the well known Mr Gordon, waved play on in the last minute when the Hearts player(s) was a mile offside and the linesman was standing flagging for offside. The yam ran on to equalise and saved them from being relegated by Hibs. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Ref was shocking Aldo. Gave them everything. How was Ryan Stevenson not sent off? 5/6 fouls that could have been a yellow card. Worst one for me was that little prick Nicholsan (who hasn't stated puberty) kicks the ball away and runs into mcgiven and ryan gets booked. No consistency from the ref. Another thing, Collins cut f*** all from the officials today.

Hammill leather the ball away a few times. We make our own luck but I was disappointed with some of the decisions.
The disallowed goal, the pulling of jerseys went unpunished. I also noted that a few of the decisions against us went with the loud cheer from the crowd.

It's about consistency for me and it lacks in depth in Scotland and I was happy to see McLean ref but after that display it looks like he's the same as the rest.

Don't get me started on the linesman.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Yip they seem to be exempt from criticism yet players and managers just have to suck it in.

If I was TB or indeed Hibs I would refuse any sanctions and fight it all the way.

It's about time they were accountable for their inability to do their jobs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26811823

"It's scandalous, it really is," Butcher told BBC Radio Scotland.

"It's a horrendous call from the linesman. He can see right along the line of grass. He can spot the player who was playing Jordon Forster on."

it's about time referees/linesmen were allowed to go public and explain some dreadful decisions, it's going to be many many years before i forget that sparky 'goal' that was disallowed against the grunts at ER after clearly being at least a yard over the line...it's ****** astonishing

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26811823 "It's scandalous, it really is," Butcher told BBC Radio Scotland. "It's a horrendous call from the linesman. He can see right along the line of grass. He can spot the player who was playing Jordon Forster on." it's about time referees/linesmen were allowed to go public and explain some dreadful decisions, it's going to be many many years before i forget that sparky 'goal' that was disallowed against the grunts at ER after clearly being at least a yard over the line...it's ****** astonishing

And rightly so. Decision like that cost games etc.
Same linesman for the sparky 'Not' goal as today's scandalous offside.

They should take a leaf out of the refs in EPL (not perfect but they get to explain their decisions)

Everything seems to be going against us at the moment.

Yuillsy
30-03-2014, 06:47 PM
If it wouldn't have papered over the cracks, then why is a total clear out needed? OK, if Hibs had got the goal I agree it might have changed the outcome. Who knows? We never seem to get these big calls in our favour against Hearts. Nothing ever changes there.

We all know a clear out is needed. Papering over the cracks seems to suggest you just ignore all that's going on around you. If We'd won today the same changes that Butcher is surely planning would still go ahead so in my opinion he's not ignoring anything.

GoldenEagle
30-03-2014, 06:50 PM
And rightly so. Decision like that cost games etc.
Same linesman for the sparky 'Not' goal as today's scandalous offside.

They should take a leaf out of the refs in EPL (not perfect but they get to explain their decisions)

Everything seems to be going against us at the moment.

Different linesman.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Hammill leather the ball away a few times. We make our own luck but I was disappointed with some of the decisions.
The disallowed goal, the pulling of jerseys went unpunished. I also noted that a few of the decisions against us went with the loud cheer from the crowd.

It's about consistency for me and it lacks in depth in Scotland and I was happy to see McLean ref but after that display it looks like he's the same as the rest.

Don't get me started on the linesman.

They played the dirty game today and the ref let them off. In the 2nd half we controlled the game, played it on the deck and looked dangerous. I've just watched the offside goal again, have to think the linesman has either thought I've missed something here or Iam meant to put my flag up.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 06:53 PM
We all know a clear out is needed. Papering over the cracks seems to suggest you just ignore all that's going on around you. If We'd won today the same changes that Butcher is surely planning would still go ahead so in my opinion he's not ignoring anything.

Sure mate, but what I'm trying to say is that one good result against Hearts (if we had got it) would simply have disguised all the problems and weaknesses in the current team. I'm not suggesting Butcher is ignoring anything. He has tried various things but nothing is working. Hope we can agree on this.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Different linesman.

Thot it was the same one for some reason. Cheers for that

30-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Can you imagine if that was the OF and one side was constantly being subjected to ridiculous decisions like that, there would be uproar!

Those lucky ****ers always get the big decisions there way. It's starting to become a derby tradion now that hibs get denied these big decisions. They cost us a win last year with that absolutely unbelievable decison to disallow Spakys goal and now this.

Yuillsy
30-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Sure mate, but what I'm trying to say is that one good result against Hearts (if we had got it) would simply have disguised all the problems and weaknesses in the current team. I'm not suggesting Butcher is ignoring anything. He has tried various things but nothing is working. Hope we can agree on this.
Absolutely, all I want is to get through the rest of this season avoiding the playoff position.
Hopefully in the summer Butcher can sort out the weaknesses that are so blatantly seen by the rest of us!

Spike Mandela
30-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Honest I thought.

The player playing JF onside had been lying in the 6 yard box for a while, and had just got up. The linesman was, IMO, concentrating on what he thought was the line. Shouldn't have happened, of course, but I can understand why he missed it....

How blatant a mistake does it have to be before an honest mistake is clearly a dishonest mistake CWG?

Nice you give the official the benefit of the doubt but are you seriously saying he was looking down the line and couldn't see a player because he was in the six yard box? Has he no peripheral vision or did the Hearts player have some kind of invisibility cloak on?

Stick to advice on administration laws CWG.:wink:

emerald green
30-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Absolutely, all I want is to get through the rest of this season avoiding the playoff position.
Hopefully in the summer Butcher can sort out the weaknesses that are so blatantly seen by the rest of us!

Me too. :agree:

JimBHibees
30-03-2014, 07:10 PM

Of course we were cheated we had a clearly valid goal ruled out either by a total incompetent or a cheat.

Kato
30-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Honest I thought.

Agree, especially when you consider how Hearts' maroon strip clashes with the grass so much and that linesmen traditionally have zero peripheral vision and can only see what is straight in line with them.

OR

Just another in a long line, getting longer, of decisions against us in the fixture. Press don't care to notice the pattern, SFA certainly don't want to notice any kind of pattern and Thomson will be having a right giggle tomorrow as he and Lunny line Butcher up for a ban for pointing out today's decision.

Scottish football authorities are sad wee men, cheating and giving favours to other sad wee men has always happened and it went on today, unless I'm just imagining that and suddenly 45 years of "evening up" is about to happen.

The Sea-gull
30-03-2014, 07:15 PM

Stupid, attention seeking post but well done, you got mine. So just who exactly on here is delighted that goal was disallowed and what do you base your statement on?

ian omand
30-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Well was he or wasn't he the cup final linesman? If he was then this puts a different slant on his incompetence. In my opinion.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Well was he or wasn't he the cup final linesman? If he was then this puts a different slant on his incompetence. In my opinion.

I think it was.

Boyle89
30-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Somebody posted a photo a while back about hearts having 12 men and it had decisions that have gone against us in recent seasons. Headbutts, kicks, penalty shouts, goals not given we really get NOTHING in debry games. No other team in world football will have such bad decisions go against them against their rivals.

JimBHibees
30-03-2014, 07:25 PM

He was the Hearts final linesman however did he really have any dodgy calls in that game though association with Thomson is suspicion enough. Starting to get irritated with McLeans manner also.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Somebody posted a photo a while back about hearts having 12 men and it had decisions that have gone against us in recent seasons. Headbutts, kicks, penalty shouts, goals not given we really get NOTHING in debry games. No other team in world football will have such bad decisions go against them against their rivals.

Last thing I remember us getting from an official, was the Matty Jack game.

Mr White
30-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Last thing I remember us getting from an official, was the Matty Jack game.

We've been on the end of some brutal decisions but.....
Paul hanlons goal in the 4 nil win v pars 2 years ago. Typical of our luck that it didn't matter a Donald duck the one time we get a wrong decision in our favour though...

Edit: heffernan's goal v celtc was offside too. Wooo.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 08:16 PM
He was the Hearts final linesman however did he really have any dodgy calls in that game though association with Thomson is suspicion enough. Starting to get irritated with McLeans manner also.

Depends what side he was on for the "penalty".

JimBHibees
30-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Depends what side he was on for the "penalty".

It was clear though that the cheat gave that not so sure anything a linesman would have said would have swayed him.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Of course we were cheated we had a clearly valid goal ruled out either by a total incompetent or a cheat.

Well going by that logic, Hearts were also cheated. So the officials must have been cheating both sides as wrong decisions went against both.

We were cheated today, but not by the incompetent officials i'm afraid.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Was working today and had to suffer the yam love in on sport sound. Craig Paterson mentioned quite a few dodgy incidents that went against hibs but seemed to go on a lot about Callum Paterson constantly holding his man, sorry not sure who it was, at any set piece hibs had. He said the lad wasn't even looking where the ball was coming from and was getting more blatant the longer the game went on??? Any truth in this from guys at the game??

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Well going by that logic, Hearts were also cheated. So the officials must have been cheating both sides as wrong decisions went against both.

I accept you saying the players cheated us, absolutely. However, we were cheated by the officials today. No question. The suggestion that the yams had a "goal" ruled out is false, the whistle had been blown and our players had long since stopped playing. It may not have been offside, but it is not correct to say that a goal had been scored and ruled out.

When we scored, we were on the ascendency and I believe that we would have finished the game strongly and, dare I say it, may even have won.

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Was working today and had to suffer the yam love in on sport sound. Craig Paterson mentioned quite a few dodgy incidents that went against hibs but seemed to go on a lot about Callum Paterson constantly holding his man, sorry not sure who it was, at any set piece hibs had. He said the lad wasn't even looking where the ball was coming from and was getting more blatant the longer the game went on??? Any truth in this from guys at the game??

Wasn't just Paterson.....

JimBHibees
30-03-2014, 08:38 PM

The one game changing blatant decision was again in this game against us.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2014, 08:42 PM

Thoughts?

It was about as much onside as Griffiths shot was over the line, end result, nae goals for Hibs.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Wasn't just Paterson.....

Really?? This will give you a laugh... Was at a meeting at Stirling uni start of the season where grade one official Steven McLean went through laws of the game etc. His big point was that officials would be clamping down on holding as they were as sick of it as everyone else. As a matter of interest who was the ref today???

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Really?? This will give you a laugh... Was at a meeting at Stirling uni start of the season where grade one official Steven McLean went through laws of the game etc. His big point was that officials would be clamping down on holding as they were as sick of it as everyone else. As a matter of interest who was the ref today???

Hmmmm!

Yes, it's typical yam tactics (Zaliukas anyone?). I actually think that for Forster's goal, had it not been in, it should have been a pen, as Collins was manhandled to the ground as well.

Albion Hibs
30-03-2014, 08:53 PM
It was up there with one of the worst decisions I have seen....well alongside the penalty they got in the cup final and griffiths goal against them.

The linesman could not have had a better view, compounded when I watched the replays when I got home. It should have been an easy decision, no one in front of him, a player on the ground miles behind play and not even trying to get back. I can only think he us deliberately cheating, I would expect him to get pulled up first thing tomorrow, and following on from that issue an apology to hibs.

If we are shocking then I have no idea how you would describe the officials in this country.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Hmmmm!

Yes, it's typical yam tactics (Zaliukas anyone?). I actually think that for Forster's goal, had it not been in, it should have been a pen, as Collins was manhandled to the ground as well.

The only thing meetings like them are for is so john Fleming ticks a box for the SFA. When Steven McLean was talking to us that day he seemed really sincere. Maybe they are told to say this and then go back to the old school way when it matters. It happens to often, foran in the cup final anyone?? Holding? Definitely. Given?? No. Impact on game??? Massive. Anyone who says officials don't have big influences on results are kidding themselves on including head of referees john Fleming.

Northernhibee
30-03-2014, 09:06 PM
For me the penalty claim from Collins shot being handballed was a stonewaller too. Shot on target, stopped a potential goalscoring situation.

Pete
30-03-2014, 09:19 PM

Clamping down on holding. Is that a wind up?

They were doing this all game and absolutely nothing was done about. Collins had arms round him or on his shoulder whenever the ball was dropping in his direction.

We were poor today but yet again, more "Tynecastleish" refereeing by someone who probably doesn't like the way we slag his buddies. Sick to the back teeth of it.

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 09:21 PM
The only thing meetings like them are for is so john Fleming ticks a box for the SFA. When Steven McLean was talking to us that day he seemed really sincere. Maybe they are told to say this and then go back to the old school way when it matters. It happens to often, foran in the cup final anyone?? Holding? Definitely. Given?? No. Impact on game??? Massive. Anyone who says officials don't have big influences on results are kidding themselves on including head of referees john Fleming.

I'm not a gambling man, but I understand that's why gambling on dead certs in football is so risky. You can account for what should happen in a game, but you cannot account for the man in the middle (or his assistants). I used to work for a bookies and the amount of fairly large bets I witnessed being lost based on a poor refereeing decision was astonishing. Your assertion regarding refereeing influence is spot on. :agree:

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 09:23 PM
For me the penalty claim from Collins shot being handballed was a stonewaller too. Shot on target, stopped a potential goalscoring situation.

Another law Steven McLean explained at said meeting. He said a ball to hand will not be a pen if players hand isn't in an un natural position. I asked him, "so if a player hits a shot and it comes off a players hand standing on the line stopping the ball from crossing the line you wouldn't give a penalty?" Reply.... No I wouldn't. Blame the **** wits at Uefa mate.

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 09:25 PM

I think that it would have been impossible for him not to have seen the Hearts defender playing Forster onside so his wrong decision must have been quite deliberate IMO! :agree::confused:

Check their goal too, the goalscorer was actually offside but no flag from the same linesman! :rolleyes:

His alliegance to any football team(s) in terms of supporting, following etc must be checked out and if it reveals that he is a Hearts fan he must never be allowed to officiate at another football match at ANY LEVEL again IMO! :confused:

Having said that we were mainly very poor and didn't really threaten the Hearts keeper at any other time!

We need to pick up some points or we could easily end up getting into that relegation play off position!

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 09:27 PM

Definite handball and a penalty without a shadow of a doubt! :agree:

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I think that it would have been impossible for him not to have seen the Hearts defender playing Forster onside so his wrong decision must have been quite deliberate IMO! :agree::confused:

Check their goal too, the goalscorer was actually offside but no flag from the same linesman! :rolleyes:

His alliegance to any football team(s) in terms of supporting, following etc must be checked out and if it reveals that he is a Hearts fan he must never be allowed to officiate at another football match at ANY LEVEL again IMO! :confused:

Having said that we were mainly very poor and didn't really threaten the Hearts keeper at any other time!

We need to pick up some points or we could easily end up getting into that relegation play off position!

Having just seen it on sportscene, this has been confirmed. The flag is only raised once the ball goes in. Be in no doubt, we we cheated today.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 09:46 PM

Another decision that went against us today.

Leithenhibby
30-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I accept you saying the players cheated us, absolutely. However, we were cheated by the officials today. No question. The suggestion that the yams had a "goal" ruled out is false, the whistle had been blown and our players had long since stopped playing. It may not have been offside, but it is not correct to say that a goal had been scored and ruled out.

When we scored, we were on the ascendency and I believe that we would have finished the game strongly and, dare I say it, may even have won.

This 100%

Eyrie
30-03-2014, 10:20 PM

Replays showed that their goal was legitimate.

As regards "investigating" the linesman, let's leave that level of paranoia to Septic. However it would be helpful if the SFA demoted him for a few games, because they won't comment publicly that he got it badly wrong.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Clamping down on holding. Is that a wind up?

They were doing this all game and absolutely nothing was done about. Collins had arms round him or on his shoulder whenever the ball was dropping in his direction.

We were poor today but yet again, more "Tynecastleish" refereeing by someone who probably doesn't like the way we slag his buddies. Sick to the back teeth of it.

I wish is was winding you up peter. I swear that was his big point. Steven McLean is a decent guy/ref so you wonder what they are instructed.

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Replays showed that their goal was legitimate.

As regards "investigating" the linesman, let's leave that level of paranoia to Septic. However it would be helpful if the SFA demoted him for a few games, because they won't comment publicly that he got it badly wrong.

Then I accept the implication that my eyesight is flawed and in need of help from Specsavers! :wink: :agree:

Paranoia? Reading too many things into this I suspect as my post was drafted and posted based upon my opinion for such a wrong decision being made! He only put the flag up AFTER Forster's header crossed the goal line ffs!:agree

basehibby
30-03-2014, 10:27 PM

:agree: Jambo in the box had his hand up by his heid and actually appeared to PLAY the ball with it - no penalty given=inexplicable

NB - no mention in BBC highlights either ?!? WTF!!!

Eyrie
30-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Then I accept the implication that my eyesight is flawed and in need of help from Specsavers! :wink: :agree:

Paranoia? Reading too many things into this I suspect as my post was drafted and posted based upon my opinion for such a wrong decision being made! He only put the flag up AFTER Forster's header crossed the goal line ffs!:agree

To be fair, I thought their scorer was offside at first as well.

basehibby
30-03-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm not a gambling man, but I understand that's why gambling on dead certs in football is so risky. You can account for what should happen in a game, but you cannot account for the man in the middle (or his assistants). I used to work for a bookies and the amount of fairly large bets I witnessed being lost based on a poor refereeing decision was astonishing. Your assertion regarding refereeing influence is spot on. :agree:

Yup - some of the decisions I've seen in the flesh over the years have had me wondering if our game is actually rife with corruption. The general attitude to this when I've brought it up seems to be a bit heads in the sand "but only the bally foreigners do that". I can't for the life of me understand this attitude - remember only a year or so ago our refs were whinging away about their pay or the supposed lack of it.....

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 10:34 PM

Questions must be be asked as to why he raised his flag only once the ball crossed the line. A player is immediately flagged as soon as he moves towards the ball. And before anyone says ALL officials are impartial think Dougie Macdonald. I don't really give a **** about minor decisions in games... It's the major ones and hibs seem to suffer more than others.

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Questions must be be asked as to why he raised his flag only once the ball crossed the line. A player is immediately flagged as soon as he moves towards the ball. And before anyone says ALL officials are impartial think Dougie Macdonald. I don't really give a **** about minor decisions in games... It's the major ones and hibs seem to suffer more than others.

It wasn't until I'd seen it again that I realised it's only once the ball is over the line that he raises the flag. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, but something stinks with this decision. The more I see it, the more suspect I become.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I think the lack of reaction at the game seems to suggest it was easier to see on tv than it was live. (The offside decision).

SmashinGlass
30-03-2014, 10:52 PM
I think the lack of reaction at the game seems to suggest it was easier to see on tv than it was live. (The offside decision).

From our position in the Roseburn, yes. But from the linesman's position?

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 10:54 PM
From our position in the Roseburn, yes. But from the linesman's position?

He should have known there was a man on the ground. I think he thought Hearts were going to clear, and was looking up the pitch. His mistake though.

AndySOL1875
30-03-2014, 10:58 PM
It is unquestionable that the 'goal' would have significantly changed the game and I still cannot believe it, just as I couldn't with Sparky's free kick last year.

Ray_
30-03-2014, 10:58 PM

The lineman was in a perfect position and the hearts player who played them all on, never got out from the previous cross, it was an unbelievably bad call.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 11:11 PM
The lineman was in a perfect position and the hearts player who played them all on, never got out from the previous cross, it was an unbelievably bad call.

Agreed. :agree: I think it was a bad mistake rather than deliberate cheating though - some have been saying that.

Just a bummer for Hibs. Worryingly, the sort of thing that goes against you in a relegation dog fight, though.

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 11:18 PM
It is unquestionable that the 'goal' would have significantly changed the game and I still cannot believe it, just as I couldn't with Sparky's free kick last year.

Why is it always in important games these "HONEST MISTAKES" are made involving our club?? Dundee Utd tail end of last season, foul a yard outside the box... PENALTY!! Sparky's belter against the yams at Easter road.... I'll be kind and say it was only 2 yards over the line... No goal. Lino says to ref it didn't cross the line.... He is seen telling MCPAKE at final whistle he didn't see it?? So what was the official statement from him there?? Aye they're all as honest as a poppy selling yam...

Kato
30-03-2014, 11:25 PM

For the fans yes, for the linesman no.

He sees the chance to flag once the ball is in the net. If it had went by the post it would have been given as a goal-kick.

Paranoia claims or not I think we were screwed, and not the first time.

Maybe he can give the goal retrospectively, just like those retrospective red cards Hearts players get and which do Hibs no good whatsoever.

Kato
30-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Why is it always in important games these "HONEST MISTAKES" are made involving our club?? Dundee Utd tail end of last season, foul a yard outside the box... PENALTY!! Sparky's belter against the yams at Easter road.... I'll be kind and say it was only 2 yards over the line... No goal. Lino says to ref it didn't cross the line.... He is seen telling MCPAKE at final whistle he didn't see it?? So what was the official statement from him there?? Aye they're all as honest as a poppy selling yam...

Don't worry mate, these things even themselves up. (So I'm told but I'm still waiting on the evening up to start.)

Mikey09
30-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Don't worry mate, these things even themselves up. (So I'm told but I'm still waiting on the evening up to start.)

Fantastic news Kato!!! So between now and the end of the season we'll be due 30 pens, 10 offside goals and 50 apologies from refs!!!! Mmm.... Maybe no eh.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 11:38 PM
For the fans yes, for the linesman no.

He sees the chance to flag once the ball is in the net. If it had went by the post it would have been given as a goal-kick.

Paranoia claims or not I think we were screwed, and not the first time.

Maybe he can give the goal retrospectively, just like those retrospective red cards Hearts players get and which do Hibs no good whatsoever.

Maybe we're just not getting the luck. I think it's time for the club to make noises though.

matty_f
30-03-2014, 11:38 PM
:agree:
I'd like to know the difference between that incident and the free kick celtc got (and subsequently scored from) against Nelson for which he was booked.

While we are at it, how come this referee managed to over-rule his Linesman to give a goal against us v Raith but wasn't able to spot a clearly incorrect flag this time.

kaimendhibs
30-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Sorry but it's cheating, pure and simple! May be shot down but I'm sure Steven McLean was ref who allowed Raith to boot us off the park and over ruled Lino to give them offside goal. Sick of corrupt Scottish football

Sent from my iphone

Bad Habits
31-03-2014, 01:05 AM
First of all, before I get into my rant I would like to point out I believe 100% that based on our footballing performances we deserve to be where we are in the league, possibly lower.

However, the refereeing decisions during the latter part of this season have been nothing short of abysmal, they have cost us tons of points and IMHO a place in the top 6 and the revenue that accompanies it.

some examples:

10th Jan - Aberdeen - Denied strong penalty shout early in the game. (as did Aberdeen)
18th Jan - St. Mirren - 3-2 down Adam Campbell blatantly handles not once but twice in the box very late in the game, the resulting penalty would have given us a huge chance to take a point from that.
28th Jan - D. Utd - a false penalty and a Soft penalty for them, Taiwo wrongly sent off (IMO)

They are just the ones I can remember! and then today.... stonewall penalty turned down and a perfectly legitimate goal chalked off which at the very least would have earned us a point. Form and confidence go hand in hand and as much as I hate ifs and buts I cant help but think if we had a few decisions go our way this season we would be on a fair few more points, never mind the possibility of more being accrued due to better from and more confident players. All in all it sucks. End of rant.

monktonharp
31-03-2014, 01:35 AM
I feel your angst. yesterday's ref performance seems to be the acceptable norm these days, from a Hibernian point of view. cant remember an official complaint, ever, from HFC and before anyone comes on and says "swings and roundabouts" etc, we have had some unbelievable descisions against us over the last 10 cyears and loads of them have been while playing the gorgie mob. the cup final penalty, the goal that was not a goal from Sparky immedietly spring to mind

Bad Habits
31-03-2014, 01:59 AM
I feel your angst. yesterday's ref performance seems to be the acceptable norm these days, from a Hibernian point of view. cant remember an official complaint, ever, from HFC and before anyone comes on and says "swings and roundabouts" etc, we have had some unbelievable descisions against us over the last 10 cyears and loads of them have been while playing the gorgie mob. the cup final penalty, the goal that was not a goal from Sparky immedietly spring to mind

I was in a pub at uni watching this (most of my mates from there are pretty much hibs fans now :agree:), and my friends said they found it staggering how little I reacted to it being disallowed and plenty of other decisions in the match. It's become the norm in SPFL matches now and someone needs to say something. I would love for hibs to come out with a statement at the end of the season saying something along the lines of 'hibs have been in contact with the governing and refereeing bodies about the unacceptable level off officiating in matches over the last season, and are working with them to improve the quality of refereeing' and I seriously wouldn't care if we got fined or deducted points for making it public or whatever, at least we would show a bit of backbone for once.

whiskyhibby
31-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Yes I would agree, they did next to nothing in the second half ( apart from obvious time wasting that the ref was happy to support) all the pressure was coming from Hibs, I was sure we would at least get an equaliser

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
31-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't care if it would be seen as pathetic something needs to be done.

We've taken the 'oh well, these things happen' approach too long - it clearly isn't working in our favour

These decisions don't pan out over a season

We've been hard done by far too many times

Bill Milne
31-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I really would like to think that the linesman would have the balls to phone ER to apologise for a ridiculous call. Sadly, he probably still believes he made the right call, regardless of the TV evidence.

Kato
31-03-2014, 08:39 AM
I'd like to know the difference between that incident and the free kick celtc got (and subsequently scored from) against Nelson for which he was booked.

While we are at it, how come this referee managed to over-rule his Linesman to give a goal against us v Raith but wasn't able to spot a clearly incorrect flag this time.

Because he cheats.

When you see the linesman running down the line after the header only to decide that the header was offside once he sees the ball going in the net I can't see any other explanation.

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Absolutely disgraceful decision. Linesman should be sacked on the spot, how the **** does he make a living from that!? 2 perfectly legit goals that would've swung the game against that mob in the last year, chalked off due to incompetence. No wonder Scottish football is a laughing stock.

greenginger
31-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Because he cheats.

When you see the linesman running down the line after the header only to decide that the header was offside once he sees the ball going in the net I can't see any other explanation.

Not defending the imbecile of a linesman and his totally wrong call but, I think are they now told not to raise their flag until a player they think is offside :confused: actually touches the ball.

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I do agree with alot of the points raised so far but what can the sfa,ref,linessman do about it now?

i dont think they can say your right the linesman got it wrong the result is 2-1.
I recall how annoyed some people where with that jambo ref(graig thomson?) getting to ref a game of ours after making a dodgy decsion agaisnt us,i wonder why hibs have not sorta said to the sfa we do not want this ref to ref our games because.......and list our feelings, and thoughts and arguements to why.

SmashinGlass
31-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Not defending the imbecile of a linesman and his totally wrong call but, I think are they now told not to raise their flag until a player they think is offside :confused: actually touches the ball.

That's correct. But I'd urge you to watch it again. He takes plenty time to wait for the ball to go over the line before flagging.

Heisenberg
31-03-2014, 10:26 AM
That's correct. But I'd urge you to watch it again. He takes plenty time to wait for the ball to go over the line before flagging.

I thought so too. Definitely waited till it was in the net. He either had no idea and guessed or was simply just cheating.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 10:59 AM

They can raise there flag if a player moves towards the ball. Just like the Lino who shafted us by first claiming sparkys free kick had definitely not crossed the line then changing his story telling MCPAKE he didn't see it, this clown has done us over big style yesterday at a crucial time of the game.

macca70
31-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I wonder if the Lino doesn't even see the deepest hearts player.

You can see he's standing along the line that the Hibs players are on.

Total incompetence but it seems to happen far too often in Scottish football.

Refs went on strike before over getting more money, maybe clubs should go on strike until the SFA put something in place to raise refereeing standards.

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Why do these guys never have to explain appalling decisions like this? Even just an acknowledgement that he made an arse of it would be good.

And why the hell does football not use TV evidence for such decisions? It wouldn't cost anything really to get someone to review critical incidents in games just by watching the clip back. Seems we get shafted far too often from officials, especially in games vs hearts. That was a huge call to make at a critical point in the game, there was no call to make. I can't understand his thinking there.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I wonder if the Lino doesn't even see the deepest hearts player.

You can see he's standing along the line that the Hibs players are on.

Total incompetence but it seems to happen far too often in Scottish football.

Refs went on strike before over getting more money, maybe clubs should go on strike until the SFA put something in place to raise refereeing standards.

Sorry guys... I'm not buying this one. This clown has done us over. Simple as that.

31-03-2014, 11:10 AM

Exactly, these big decisions never seem to go our way in derbies - its a joke!

This would never happen in the OF - one side being denied all these huge decisions time after time and hardly anything said.

MB62
31-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Until football drags itself out of the dark ages and starts using T.V. repeats od situations, we are going to continually get this sort of thing happening. Cricket, tennis & rugby to name but three, all use T.V. technology and it actually adds to the excitement and intensity of the game whilst making sure decisions are correct 99% of the time.
Clubs say we cannot afford it but the other side of the coin is, can we afford NOT to have it. Decisions this season have cost us points and might be the difference between relegation and survival, relegation would cost us £m's.
Last season, Sparky's NON goal and the penalty Dundee Utd got against us that was actually outside the box, contributed to us missing out on the top six, again costing us money so IMO, we can't afford NOT to have T.V. evidence.

jonty
31-03-2014, 11:18 AM
What hacks me off - and yesterday was a prime example of this - was fans both watching on TV and AT THE GAME can watch instant replays (if its televised) on their mobiles and review the incident before the players have set up for kick-off/finished celebrating.

If we can do it in the stands, then its high time that the 4th official was allowed to communicate cock-up decisions back to the ref.
The officials save face, and the goals are allowed to correctly stand or not.

Its not rocket science.

Swedish hibee
31-03-2014, 11:21 AM
something has to be done. every week there is something.

lucky
31-03-2014, 11:25 AM
I got a text from a Rangers supporting mate yesterday saying how he could not believe how bad the ref was against us and how little our players complained. We just seem to accept we get cheated

jonty
31-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I got a text from a Rangers supporting mate yesterday saying how he could not believe how bad the ref was against us and how little our players complained. We just seem to accept we get cheated

Someone mentioned yesterday it was the same linesman that didn't give Leighs free-kick goal at ER, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else.

Argylehibby
31-03-2014, 11:29 AM
How can we claim we are being cheated when there are very few "BIG" decisions against us in derby matches. I mean off the top of my head I can only remember these....

Offside goal yesterday
penalty for handball yesterday
Sparky's free kick 2 yards over the line
Fletchers red card
Deano's red card
Retrospective red card to Templeton for a stanp on McPake
Retrospective red card for Stevenson for the "tackle" against McPake
Retrospective red card for McGowan for a headbutt
Penalty and red card given for a jersey pull 2 yards outside the box at hampden
no card for the painter for a fore arm smash on Sparky same game
no card for Skatchel for over the ball tackle on Gary O'Conner same game
No penalty for the half dozen fouls commited by Zaliukas including one 2 yards from the ref where (I think) McPakes jersey was pulled almost off his back.

Want to go further back>

Brebners red card in the 1 nil game at ER
Yellow card to hearts player 1 minute before that for skelping a Hibs player 2 feet from the linesman who flagged and told ref what had happened.

Yes we were rotten yesterday but just as in the game at Hampden major decision against us halted come back in it's tracks. Just bad luck? Not in my book because luck does even itself out and that just doesn't happen when it's us v them. That's a dozen in the more recent times, anyone think they can come up with half that number in our favour over the same period?

Kato
31-03-2014, 11:31 AM

Then he should stand in line with where the offside player was and wait to raise his flag, not run to the corner and flag once he realises it's a goal.

Biffa Bacon
31-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Not the first time this linesman has been found out. At least UEFA had the guts to do something about him, don't suppose the SFA will however.

http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/changes-in-officiating-teams.html#.UzlRT1fLI18

Lucius Apuleius
31-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Why? Have you ever wondered why Celtic supporters started their chant "whose the mason in the black"? Have you ever seen the famous photo of the old "well respected" referee Tiny Wharton, and Rangers captain John Greig, giving the masonic handshake before a match he was refereeing kicked off? Did you read the article in yesterdays Scotsman recalling a 1977 derby at Tynecastle? The referee, the well known Mr Gordon, waved play on in the last minute when the Hearts player(s) was a mile offside and the linesman was standing flagging for offside. The yam ran on to equalise and saved them from being relegated by Hibs. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that for now.

And funnily enough all of the famous 5 were also Masons. Note handshake in my avatar :wink:

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 11:37 AM
That decision was so bad it cannae have been anything other than deliberate IMO, he wisnae even close tae being off.

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 11:40 AM
How can we claim we are being cheated when there are very few "BIG" decisions against us in derby matches. I mean off the top of my head I can only remember these....

Offside goal yesterday
Fletchers red card
Deano's red card
No penalty for the half dozen fouls commited by Zaliukas including one 2 yards from the ref where (I think) McPakes jersey was pulled almost off his back.

Want to go further back>

Yellow card to hearts player 1 minute before that for skelping a Hibs player 2 feet from the linesman who flagged and told ref what had happened.

Yes we were rotten yesterday but just as in the game at Hampden major decision against us halted come back in it's tracks. Just bad luck? Not in my book because luck does even itself out and that just doesn't happen when it's us v them. That's a dozen in the more recent times, anyone think they can come up with half that number in our favour over the same period?

10\10, bang on with every word.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Someone mentioned yesterday it was the same linesman that didn't give Leighs free-kick goal at ER, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else.

It wasn't. But he was the linesman in that cup final.

Gatecrasher
31-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Don't worry folks according to this stand up guy it's getting better

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/scottish-referees-rise-from-the-depths-1-3304611

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 11:46 AM
The referee and that linesman were a ****in' disgrace and they cheated us, simple as that. The offside goal, the deliberate hand ball in the box, Maybury getting sent off while the drunk driver stayed on.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 11:48 AM
First of all, before I get into my rant I would like to point out I believe 100% that based on our footballing performances we deserve to be where we are in the league, possibly lower.

However, the refereeing decisions during the latter part of this season have been nothing short of abysmal, they have cost us tons of points and IMHO a place in the top 6 and the revenue that accompanies it.

some examples:

10th Jan - Aberdeen - Denied strong penalty shout early in the game. (as did Aberdeen)
18th Jan - St. Mirren - 3-2 down Adam Campbell blatantly handles not once but twice in the box very late in the game, the resulting penalty would have given us a huge chance to take a point from that.
28th Jan - D. Utd - a false penalty and a Soft penalty for them, Taiwo wrongly sent off (IMO)

They are just the ones I can remember! and then today.... stonewall penalty turned down and a perfectly legitimate goal chalked off which at the very least would have earned us a point. Form and confidence go hand in hand and as much as I hate ifs and buts I cant help but think if we had a few decisions go our way this season we would be on a fair few more points, never mind the possibility of more being accrued due to better from and more confident players. All in all it sucks. End of rant.

E-mail John Fleming, head of referees at Hampden mate..... In fact don't waste your time I will give you his response now..... " Thanks for taking the time to contact me with your concerns. Our officials have a very hard job blah blah blah... We have some of the best officials in Europe blah blah blah... They are only human and don't get the chance to see incidents 5 or 6 times before making a decision as to whether, in the case of The Forster incident yesterday, that he was just the 3 yards onside blah blah blah..... We instruct our officials to wait 15 mins after the game is finished before speaking to a disgruntled manager, not so they can all get together to make some pish up to get them off the hook, but for the benefit of the said disgruntled manager Yada Yada Yada.... Football fans really don't know the laws of the game blah blah..... Hope this is the patronising response you were looking for and please don't hesitate to get back in touch with me the next time one of my super duper officials does you over in the next derby at Easter road and I will forward the same E- mail."

yours in sport,

John Fleming.

Dinkydoo
31-03-2014, 11:50 AM
The offside decision was so bad that I can only come to one conclusion; the linesman was day dreaming (positioned perfectly if he hadn't been) and didn't see the defensive positioning as the ball was played. A second after the ball is played he see's how far ahead Forster was of thier defence and decides it must have been offside.

He needs punished for such incompetence.

We watched the reply seconds later on TV and it was clear cut (like the hampden penalty, like the sparky freekick...etc), we need to be making use of this technology at games and designate one or two people as the 'replay watcher' for all incidents involving the penalty box. There will be teething problems but I see no sensible reason as to why we shouldn't introduce this to the modern game.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 12:03 PM
You want to know what there ****ty little excuse will be?? " The last defender was lying on the ground so the assistant referee decided he wasn't interfering with play." Put your mortgage on it.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 12:21 PM
You want to know what there ****ty little excuse will be?? " The last defender was lying on the ground so the assistant referee decided he wasn't interfering with play." Put your mortgage on it.

Even if that was valid he wasn't on his arse when the ball was played.

Mikeystewart
31-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Hearts also had a valid goal chalked off for offside which would have been 2-0 in the first 30 mins, can't complain too much, the officials where not the issue. Its the level of disorganization, and lack of confidence which is making this average set of players look absolutely honking. Butcher has S*** in his own bed by letting half the squad know they wont be here next year.

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Hearts also had a valid goal chalked off for offside which would have been 2-0 in the first 30 mins, can't complain too much, the officials where not the issue. Its the level of disorganization, and lack of confidence which is making this average set of players look absolutely honking. Butcher has S*** in his own bed by letting half the squad know they wont be here next year.

It's already been discussed but the hibs defenders stopped playing when the whistle was blown. May not have ended up in the net if play had continued as it should have. Yes we were poor but it makes it harder to take when you've been completely conned by incompetent officials.

easty
31-03-2014, 12:43 PM

Have you actually seen it, or are you just going by what the Yams around you are saying?

The ball was played through, the flag went up, the whistle was blown, Hibs defenders turn and walk away, then the cross comes in which the Hearts boy puts past Ben Williams who doesnt make any effort to stop it.

It's like comparing a puppy to a kettle.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Even if that was valid he wasn't on his arse when the ball was played.

I know DH. Was just saying that's the kind of pish they will come out with to get them off the hook. He was on his feet back in play when the ball was played in. But that won't stop them. IFI were in charge at hibs I would be demanding a meeting with the officials and john Fleming. But I've got a set of balls... Petrie ain't.

Hibercelona
31-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Have you actually seen it, or are you just going by what the Yams around you are saying?

The ball was played through, the flag went up, the whistle was blown, Hibs defenders turn and walk away, then the cross comes in which the Hearts boy puts past Ben Williams who doesnt make any effort to stop it.

Watch it again. The defenders don't stop until the Hearts player actually recieves the ball. If the flag hadn't gone up, that would have still been a goal. There would have been nothing that the defenders could have done to prevent it.

easty
31-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Watch it again. The defenders don't stop until the Hearts player actually recieves the ball. If the flag hadn't gone up, that would have still been a goal. There would have been nothing that the defenders could have done to prevent it.

I was sure I was right, but on the off-chance that I wasn't I've just took another look.

1:32 in, look for yourself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26810507

You're telling me the Hibs players haven't stopped playing before that cross comes in? 3 of the back four have their hands in the air looking at the linesman with the flag up at 1:34 before the Hearts boy even gets to the through ball to put the cross in.

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 01:19 PM

Offside goal yesterday
Fletchers red card
Deano's red card

Want to go further back>

I remember another shocker at a PBS derby (80's I think) which I watched take place at the Hibs end while I was in among the puddle drinkers behind the goal at the other end. The ref gave a penalty when a Hibs defender challenged a Hearts player for a header in the box. It looked like a gentle 50:50 shoulder bump several feet up in the air off the ground but the ref pointed to the spot much to my silent disbelief and rage. Can't remember who the players were or what the final score was but maybe an older Hibby remembers seeing it from closer range in the away end.

emerald green
31-03-2014, 01:30 PM
And funnily enough all of the famous 5 were also Masons. Note handshake in my avatar :wink:

I didn't know all five were Masons mate. It must have been a secret! :wink: I did however know that Gordon Smith was in the Masons. I think I may have read that in his son's book "Prince of Wingers".

Kato
31-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I was sure I was right, but on the off-chance that I wasn't I've just took another look.

1:32 in, look for yourself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26810507

You're telling me the Hibs players haven't stopped playing before that cross comes in? 3 of the back four have their hands in the air looking at the linesman with the flag up at 1:34 before the Hearts boy even gets to the through ball to put the cross in.

Hibercelona sees what he wants to see, mate.

No point arguing with him.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Hibercelona sees what he wants to see, mate.

No point arguing with him.

Watch when they freeze it when the ball is played through to the hearts player. Mcgivern and maybury are dead in line. The hearts player is very slightly in front of them. He is offside.

easty
31-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Watch when they freeze it when the ball is played through to the hearts player. Mcgivern and maybury are dead in line. The hearts player is very slightly in front of them. He is offside.

I dont think anyone is saying otherwise. The point thats being made is that it's not comparable to the decision that the lino got wrong against us.

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 01:59 PM
I dont think anyone is saying otherwise. The point thats being made is that it's not comparable to the decision that the lino got wrong against us.

MikeyStewart in a previous post states hearts had a goal chopped off for offside which would have made it 2-0 in the first 30 mins. Sorry Easty, that's what I was arguing...I totally agree with you.

Kato
31-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Exactly. It's marginal and hard to tell but the fact is all three Hibs players involved play to the whistle - with the Hibs "goal" the linesman doesn't stop to raise his flag but runs to the bye line, then once the ball is over the line he puts his flag up.

JimBHibees
31-03-2014, 02:12 PM
I know DH. Was just saying that's the kind of pish they will come out with to get them off the hook. He was on his feet back in play when the ball was played in. But that won't stop them. IFI were in charge at hibs I would be demanding a meeting with the officials and john Fleming. But I've got a set of balls... Petrie ain't.

Pretty sure Locke this season had such a meeting with the ref after what he thought were a number of bad decisions. Quite why Hibs dont do the same or at least try and put some pressure on the cheats is IMO a joke. I think it is corrupt. Thomson is top ref this guy frequently is the linesman for him, go figure.

QMU-1875
31-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Can we confirm if this is same linesman for several other "errors" against them? Very strange this keeps happening against the establishments team...

Mikeystewart
31-03-2014, 02:18 PM

Yes i have actually seen it and it was 100% the wrong decision, its on BBC, call me cynical but in my opinion even if the whistle hadn't gone Maybury had already sold the jersey and there is no chance Nelson was catching Carrick and wouldn't have prevented the goal. There is a fraction of a second between the ball hitting the net and the whistle going. I dont care what way the game was swinging we were honking for 95% of that game and didn't deserve anything other than defeat.

Fans let down yet again by poor tactics and poor performances by over paid and under performing players.

Mikeystewart
31-03-2014, 02:23 PM

That's inline for me (onside)

easty
31-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes i have actually seen it and it was 100% the wrong decision, its on BBC, call me cynical but in my opinion even if the whistle hadn't gone Maybury had already sold the jersey and there is no chance Nelson was catching Carrick and wouldn't have prevented the goal. There is a fraction of a second between the ball hitting the net and the whistle going. I dont care what way the game was swinging we were honking for 95% of that game and didn't deserve anything other than defeat.

Fans let down yet again by poor tactics and poor performances by over paid and under performing players.

Look Nelson is slow, clearly, I could probably do the sausage roll in the 100m and beat Nelson when he's running full pelt....but if the flag hadnt gone up, and the offside wasnt given, Nelson would have cut out that cross nae bother. Christ, he might have just blootered it into his own net, but he def would have got to the ball first.

I dont even know why I keep doubting myself and looking back at it. It's so obviously the case.

Kato
31-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Are you 100% sure Williams wouldn't have saved it?

Mikey09
31-03-2014, 03:37 PM

That's inline for me (onside)

You need a trip to specsavers!!! It's marginal but the yam is goal side of both hibs players.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Hibs had a goal disallowed.

Hearts had the chance of a goalscoring opportunity denied.

There's your difference.

BurstBaw
31-03-2014, 05:29 PM

Sure was.......

dchibs
31-03-2014, 06:07 PM

I thought that as well, you can see he is off by the cut off the grass.

matty_f
31-03-2014, 06:07 PM
You need a trip to specsavers!!! It's marginal but the yam is goal side of both hibs players.

The rule is (IIRC) that if there's a part of your body that can play the ball legally in an offside position, then you're offside.

The Yam is definitely offside from that picture.

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I remember another shocker at a PBS derby (80's I think) which I watched take place at the Hibs end while I was in among the puddle drinkers behind the goal at the other end. The ref gave a penalty when a Hibs defender challenged a Hearts player for a header in the box. It looked like a gentle 50:50 shoulder bump several feet up in the air off the ground but the ref pointed to the spot much to my silent disbelief and rage. Can't remember who the players were or what the final score was but maybe an older Hibby remembers seeing it from closer range in the away end.

It does feel at times that we get more decisions against us, including some stonewall howlers. However if you were to get a suitably motivated Jambo they will no doubt reel off the ones that we have forgotten. Deegan in the 1-1 derby for example. My impression overall is that referees tend to favour the side that is playing well. During our heyday under Mowbray, I sometimes felt that we were getting way more decisions than I had been previously used to. (Not against Hearts funnily enough). Anyway we really shouldn't need a ref blaming session against the worst Hearts team in a long long while. This season could have been us accumulating a few cricket scores. When they (if they) ever come back and we haven't slipped down with them we really had better be prepared to give them some absolute pastings.

Kato
31-03-2014, 06:34 PM
It does feel at times that we get more decisions against us, including some stonewall howlers. However if you were to get a suitably motivated Jambo they will no doubt reel off the ones that we have forgotten.

Really. I don't "feel" hard done by. I know we are hard done by.

Deegan in the 1-1 derby for example.

The only foul there was Templeton's stamp. He got crowded out (deliberately) fell over and fouled the first chance he had.

My impression overall is that referees tend to favour the side that is playing well. During our heyday under Mowbray, I sometimes felt that we were getting way more decisions than I had been previously used to.

What decisions in big games did we get under Mowbray?

(Not against Hearts funnily enough).

Surprise surprise.

Anyway we really shouldn't need a ref blaming session against the worst Hearts team in a long long while. This season could have been us accumulating a few cricket scores.

We shouldn't be blaming the ref for making poor decisions agreed, but yet again in a bag game we are on the receiving end.

When do they, if ever, even themselves up.

When they (if they) ever come back and we haven't slipped down with them we really had better be prepared to give them some absolute pastings.

I'm sure the establishment will do all it can to help them out if we have improved.

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Really. I don't "feel" hard done by. I know we are hard done by.

The only foul there was Templeton's stamp. He got crowded out (deliberately) fell over and fouled the first chance he had.

My memory was that Deegan wiped him out, but perhaps were talking about a different match.

What decisions in big games did we get under Mowbray?

Cant remember, but it is just an impression that when we were playing well, decisions went more often in our favour. By the way I think that is representative of a human flaw in referees - giving bias to the 'favoured' team.

We shouldn't be blaming the ref for making poor decisions agreed, but yet again in a bag game we are on the receiving end.

When do they, if ever, even themselves up.

Hopefully in an absolutely key derby sometime in the next millennia...

I'm sure the establishment will do all it can to help them out if we have improved.

Thats just defeatist! :green grin

Albion Hibs
31-03-2014, 06:44 PM

:hilarious After a shocking day at work listening to plenty of my ugly and rather dim Jambo colleagues wander round like they had the champions league trophy under their arms from yesterday, and rudi waiting at home for them, that has made my day!

wookie70
31-03-2014, 07:06 PM
The day went from bad to worse for the Assistant referee involved in a shocking decision at Tynecastle yesterday

Pray4Marc
31-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Anyone's that's watching the West Ham Sunderland game. Mark Noble booked in the 2nd minute for a slight tug of Ki's shirt. Jason 5 million Holt nearly pulls Danny Handlings shirt off, plus 2 fouls in the 1st half. No booking.

matty_f
31-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Anyone's that's watching the West Ham Sunderland game. Mark Noble booked in the 2nd minute for a slight tug of Ki's shirt. Jason 5 million Holt nearly pulls Danny Handlings shirt off, plus 2 fouls in the 1st half. No booking.

Spurs player booked yesterday for the same thing.

basehibby
31-03-2014, 07:55 PM

This is a good point - I'd like to see the whole team following the ref about and harranguing him about these sort of decisions. There should be more of a feeling of entitlement to fairness and even handedness - both the players and the fans at Hibs seem to accept that we're destined to have idiotic/bent/bigotted refs and officials screw us about - they should be SCARED of presiding over blatant injustices like these FFS!

Green Cabbage 7
31-03-2014, 08:47 PM
I was just thinking, over the last few years we seem to have had quite a few decisions go against us, against them, sparkies free kick last season for instance, a few decisions in the cheat game, jones man handled everytime he was in the box, Berra bringing down fletcher who was going to go through on goal, and of course the pen and offside in this one, now I know I will be seeing things green, but when did we last get a decision go our way?

SouthMoroccoStu
31-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I was just thinking, over the last few years we seem to have had quite a few decisions go against us, against them, sparkies free kick last season for instance, a few decisions in the cheat game, jones man handled everytime he was in the box, Berra bringing down fletcher who was going to go through on goal, and of course the pen and offside in this one, now I know I will be seeing things green, but when did we last get a decision go our way?

Can't remember the last time we got a lucky or fortunate decision against them

It's all one way traffic.

The club, through official lines, has to start speaking out - being quiet and dignified is doing us no favours what so ever

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

kaimendhibs
31-03-2014, 09:05 PM
I believe paranoia to be an increased state of awareness!

Sent from my iphone

rcarter1
31-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I believe paranoia to be an increased state of awareness!

Sent from my iphone

And ignorance is bliss.

It is perhaps our fate to have all of our luck and decisions to come in one match. So two disallowed Hearts goals, two dodgy penalties for us, a couple sending offs for them for being ugly, and four deflected goals off Rudi - back for one match - Skacel. It has to happen one day!

#FromTheCapital
31-03-2014, 09:19 PM

It's probably not what you mean but in the new year derby 2 key decisions rightfully went our way. Other refs such as Craig Thomson maybe would've gave them hearts way. I can't think of any wrong big decisions that have went our way.

kaimendhibs
31-03-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm sure Steven McLean reffed the game against Raith? Over ruled Lino wrongly to allow their first goal and let them kick us off the park. He has radio set, poss told Lino our goal was off and to flag. Paranoid mibbe but just a thought

Sent from my iphone

Criswell
31-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Even though he has a perfect view of the play, his actions suggest he hasn't a clue whether Forsters on or off. The ball hits the back of the net so the moron panics and decides to "have a guess". This is the standard of match officials we have to put up with. Brainless idiots who don't even know the basic laws!

truehibernian
31-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm sure Steven McLean reffed the game against Raith? Over ruled Lino wrongly to allow their first goal and let them kick us off the park. He has radio set, poss told Lino our goal was off and to flag. Paranoid mibbe but just a thought

Sent from my iphone

Steven is a top ref, top bloke and there is no doubting his integrity for me - he makes wee errors but he's top ref in Scotland along with Callum Murray for me. The linesman was the guy who failed yesterday, not Steven McLean. I think we got a wee bit lucky with Alan Maybury not getting a red to be honest (when he elbowed the Hearts lad at the touchline).

Incidentally he ref'd the 2-1 game last season at Tynie and had a blinder.

Incompetent (and maybe lacking integrity) linesman for me mate, not the ref :cb

Criswell
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Steven is a top ref, top bloke and there is no doubting his integrity for me - he makes wee errors but he's top ref in Scotland along with Callum Murray for me. The linesman was the guy who failed yesterday, not Steven McLean. I think we got a wee bit lucky with Alan Maybury not getting a red to be honest (when he elbowed the Hearts lad at the touchline).

Incidentally he ref'd the 2-1 game last season at Tynie and had a blinder.

Incompetent (and maybe lacking integrity) linesman for me mate, not the ref :cb

A top bloke bloke who hates Hibs!

truehibernian
01-04-2014, 12:11 AM
A top bloke bloke who hates Hibs!

Nope, not from my conversations with him - you chatted to him about Hibs and football like ? I have :aok:

Criswell
01-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Nope, not from my conversations with him - you chatted to him about Hibs and football like ? I have :aok:

Hmm. Lets see. In the last three matches he has reffed us he over-ruled a clearly offside goal that helped to knock us out the cup and denied us a stonewall penalty (Whatmore) He gave Dundee Utd a pen for a dive a yard outside the box. In the same game he red carded Taiwo for two innocuous challenges.Yesterday he sent off Maybury and was complicent in what was probably the worst decision I have ever seen in on a football field.
You Know what? It would be nice to get decision in our favour now and again. Never mind he is a Top Bloke!

Cameron1875
01-04-2014, 06:17 AM
The more i think about it, the more angry i get. The lino actually waited until the ball was in the net till he put his flag up.

Cheating SFA b******s

heretoday
01-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Hearts also had a goal chalked off that subsequently looked ok.

Kato
01-04-2014, 06:50 AM

Good for you

Just for a minute forget what he says to your face and look how he behaves towards Hibs.

Top bloke ma jeer.

#FromTheCapital
01-04-2014, 06:50 AM

*sigh*

easty
01-04-2014, 07:01 AM

When was that? And why hasn't anyone mentioned it yet?

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:06 AM

No they didn't.

Green Cabbage 7
01-04-2014, 07:33 AM

Is that the one were all the hibs defenders stopped and Williams made no attempted for the ball as the player crossing the ball was called offside, it may have been borderline but nelson was In a good position to stop the ball reaching the hearts player but he STOPPED.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Is that the one were all the hibs defenders stopped and Williams made no attempted for the ball as the player crossing the ball was called offside, it may have been borderline but nelson was In a good position to stop the ball reaching the hearts player but he STOPPED.

It must be. As I said yesterday - Hibs had a goal disallowed, Hearts had a goal scoring opportunity denied.

brog
01-04-2014, 08:39 AM

Absolute nonsense, at best it was an opportunity on a marginal offside call. For our " goal " the ball was in the net 2 seconds before the clown wrongly raised his flag against a player who was 2 yards onside.
2 other comments;1) That's 5 ( wrong ) major decisions against us vs Yams in last 2 seasons. Leigh's goal, the CF penalty & 2 Yams ( Stevenson/McGowan? ) being retroactively red carded after our games. These are not dubious decisions, these are 5 wrong decisions!! Can you imagine the furore if this had happened against either of the OF? 2) I don't think Steve McClean's a great ref but I don't think he's a cheat. Was it not Euan Norris who gave Dun Utd the wrong pen recently & also him who didn't give Leigh's goal?

truehibernian
01-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Hmm. Lets see. In the last three matches he has reffed us he over-ruled a clearly offside goal that helped to knock us out the cup and denied us a stonewall penalty (Whatmore) He gave Dundee Utd a pen for a dive a yard outside the box. In the same game he red carded Taiwo for two innocuous challenges.Yesterday he sent off Maybury and was complicent in what was probably the worst decision I have ever seen in on a football field.
You Know what? It would be nice to get decision in our favour now and again. Never mind he is a Top Bloke!

Look at the Dundee United game closely again - it was Euan Norris :wink:

Maybury deserved both his yellows on Sunday - the lino got the decision for the goal wrong not McLean.

Against Raith he was obscured by the Raith defender but in a good position for the Watmore incident - but Hibs had chances to score 10 that day, and he made the right bookings. As far as I recall he didn't overule the linesman as the lino never flagged ?? I'll need to watch the game again though.

You posted that you thought he was somehow 'anti Hibs' - all I can say is I don't get that at all after speaking to him a few times.

One of his best games last season was our 2-1 win at Tynecastle, he let the game flow, made the correct calls and there were no issues.

He made a bad decision in the League Cup Final for ICT (penalty for a Foran tug in box) - does he hate them too ?

Refereeing needs to move into the 21st century and top leagues need to use technology for the big game decisions. Then we would not be having this debate bud.

stantonhibby
01-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Look at the Dundee United game closely again - it was Euan Norris :wink:

Maybury deserved both his yellows on Sunday - the lino got the decision for the goal wrong not McLean.

Against Raith he was obscured by the Raith defender but in a good position for the Watmore incident - but Hibs had chances to score 10 that day, and he made the right bookings. As far as I recall he didn't overule the linesman as the lino never flagged ?? I'll need to watch the game again though.

You posted that you thought he was somehow 'anti Hibs' - all I can say is I don't get that at all after speaking to him a few times.

One of his best games last season was our 2-1 win at Tynecastle, he let the game flow, made the correct calls and there were no issues.

He made a bad decision in the League Cup Final for ICT (penalty for a Foran tug in box) - does he hate them too ?

Refereeing needs to move into the 21st century and top leagues need to use technology for the big game decisions. Then we would not be having this debate bud.

Against Raith the linesman's flag was definitely up and he overruled him. I remember at the time wondering what the heck was going on as I just assumed the goal would be disallowed. Not often you see a ref doing that and it was a shocker of a decision. Don't think McLean is the worst ref there is but he's certainly not done us any favours recently.

If he was obscured by the Raith defender that makes it even worse and begs the question as to why he could even think about getting involved with that decision.

truehibernian
01-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Against Raith the linesman's flag was definitely up and he overruled him. I remember at the time wondering what the heck was going on as I just assumed the goal would be disallowed. Not often you see a ref doing that and it was a shocker of a decision. Don't think McLean is the worst ref there is but he's certainly not done us any favours recently.

If he was obscured by the Raith defender that makes it even worse and begs the question as to why he could even think about getting involved with that decision.

Fair enough mate, I didn't think the linesman flagged but happy to be corrected.

There is inonsistency across the board in SFA officials. Euan Norris - gives us a goal clearly not over the line (Hanlon) and a soft penalty (again Hanlon) in the 4-0 game v Dunfermline......then makes errors in the recent Hibs 1 Dundee Utd 3 game......is he anti Hibs or just inconsistent ? He gave a soft penalty against Celtic in their semi v Hearts in 2012....jeez if only he hadn't eh :rolleyes:

My only complaint with McLean in the Raith game was that he stopped the game too often at times where Hibs and in particular Watmore were away. He usually allows the game to flow nicely. Saying that I am glad he stopped play during Alan Maybury's first yellow as Hearts had already spread the ball wide and had overlaps.

For me Callum Murray and Steven McLean are the best ref's in Scotland - for a variety of reasons. But yep, I concede, they make mistakes which definitely can affect the outcome of a game. The linesman on Sunday though should be the focus of our ire in my opinion. Not the ref.

Glesgahibby
01-04-2014, 09:17 AM
There is no doubt "at all" the linesman,for whatever reason?decided fck it I have the power to chalk this goal off and he did:confused:This has to be the most blatant cheating I have ever seen,remember these guys know where to position themselves where to look and have the BEST! vantage point in the whole stadium.hibs really should get stuck in here and demand answers!!!

stantonhibby
01-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Fair enough mate, I didn't think the linesman flagged but happy to be corrected.

There is inonsistency across the board in SFA officials. Euan Norris - gives us a goal clearly not over the line (Hanlon) and a soft penalty (again Hanlon) in the 4-0 game v Dunfermline......then makes errors in the recent Hibs 1 Dundee Utd 3 game......is he anti Hibs or just inconsistent ? He gave a soft penalty against Celtic in their semi v Hearts in 2012....jeez if only he hadn't eh :rolleyes:

My only complaint with McLean in the Raith game was that he stopped the game too often at times where Hibs and in particular Watmore were away. He usually allows the game to flow nicely. Saying that I am glad he stopped play during Alan Maybury's first yellow as Hearts had already spread the ball wide and had overlaps.

For me Callum Murray and Steven McLean are the best ref's in Scotland - for a variety of reasons. But yep, I concede, they make mistakes which definitely can affect the outcome of a game. The linesman on Sunday though should be the focus of our ire in my opinion. Not the ref.

I agree re Callum Murray as he just gets on with it without looking to be the centre of attention. For whatever reason he seems to dropped off the radar though........can't remember the last time we had him as ref ? Your last sentence is correct offsides should be the linesman's call !

Ringothedog
01-04-2014, 09:26 AM

I am sorry but if they consistently make mistakes which affect the outcome of games then maybe refereeing isn't the job for them. If i continually made serious errors at my work then I would be sacked. They should be no different. They should also speak after games to explain decisions....they dont. imho they are cowards who hide when the going gets tough!!

Glesgahibby
01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Emailed the club,
asked if there was any official complaint made?
Voiced the opinion it's time to stand up to this crap!!!

Criswell
01-04-2014, 11:19 AM
He was quick enough to overrule his linesman in the Raith game, yet chose to do nothing on Sunday? Even from his angle he must surely have seen that Forster was well onside. Maybe you just see what you want to see!

greenginger
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
What was the name of the linesman who ruled out Hibs goal on Sunday ?

Kato
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM

Dunno but I call him ****ybaws.

hibbysam
01-04-2014, 06:27 PM

He never stopped the play for Maybury's first yellow.. Maybury was booked a good 2 minutes after the challenge took place. McLean is a bawbag who as has been mentioned already didn't even speak to his assistant to talk the decision through in the Raith game. He showed total disregard for his assistant and showed his inconsistencies by not doing so on Sunday. He **** his breeks and follows in a long line of refs/assistants to do so in the past in big games against us... In two seasons we have had a goal not given a yard over the line, three retrospective red cards given to hearts players not dealt with at the time, an offside call 2 yards onside on Sunday. Time to stand up and let our voices be heard i think.

Criswell
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM

The name of this useless clown is Alasdair Ross. A name that will go down in infamy.

Glesgahibby
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM
He never stopped the play for Maybury's first yellow.. Maybury was booked a good 2 minutes after the challenge took place. McLean is a bawbag who as has been mentioned already didn't even speak to his assistant to talk the decision through in the Raith game. He showed total disregard for his assistant and showed his inconsistencies by not doing so on Sunday. He **** his breeks and follows in a long line of refs/assistants to do so in the past in big games against us... In two seasons we have had a goal not given a yard over the line, three retrospective red cards given to hearts players not dealt with at the time, an offside call 2 yards onside on Sunday. Time to stand up and let our voices be heard i think.
:top marks

Saorsa
01-04-2014, 10:28 PM
He never stopped the play for Maybury's first yellow.. Maybury was booked a good 2 minutes after the challenge took place. McLean is a bawbag who as has been mentioned already didn't even speak to his assistant to talk the decision through in the Raith game. He showed total disregard for his assistant and showed his inconsistencies by not doing so on Sunday. He **** his breeks and follows in a long line of refs/assistants to do so in the past in big games against us... In two seasons we have had a goal not given a yard over the line, three retrospective red cards given to hearts players not dealt with at the time, an offside call 2 yards onside on Sunday. Time to stand up and let our voices be heard i think.If you're waiting for this club tae stand up for itself dinnae haud yer breath, spineless.

And Petire winnae be rocking the boat, he's an SFA blazer and he'll want tae stay one.

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2014, 10:42 PM
If you're waiting for this club tae stand up for itself dinnae haud yer breath, spineless.

And Petire winnae be rocking the boat, he's an SFA blazer and he'll want tae stay one.

this :agree:

hibbysam
01-04-2014, 11:06 PM
If you're waiting for this club tae stand up for itself dinnae haud yer breath, spineless.

Completely agree. Obviously I've never been at one but do things like this never get brought up at AGM's or LWT meetings? If not I think it is about time they did. I want to hear what RP and co have to say about these things and if they are happy to sit and be rattled up the arse by these fuds at the top time and time again then I'd rather someone with a set of balls led our club not some little yes man coward.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Completely agree. Obviously I've never been at one but do things like this never get brought up at AGM's or LWT meetings? If not I think it is about time they did. I want to hear what RP and co have to say about these things and if they are happy to sit and be rattled up the arse by these fuds at the top time and time again then I'd rather someone with a set of balls led our club not some little yes man coward.

Get yourself along to the next LWT meeting and ask the question.

emerald green
02-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Well said. We've had no strong leadership at this club for many years now, and it shows. :agree:

KirkyK
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
May have already been mentioned but the linesman who made the call is involved in no games this weekend...about a week too late

mjhibby
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Surely its time that the officials in these instances looked at the replay and then had the decency to admit their error as they do in the epl. It doesnt change the result but at least it shows they realise thry made a mistake. Fosters header was so onside its ridiculous. No wonder crowds contunue to fall.

Kato
02-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Surely its time that the officials in these instances looked at the replay and then had the decency to admit their error as they do in the epl. It doesnt change the result but at least it shows they realise thry made a mistake. Fosters header was so onside its ridiculous. No wonder crowds contunue to fall.

As the saying goes, don't hold your breath. Little tiny men like that have egos that don't allow them to apologise. Anyway he didn't make a mistake at all.

Pete
02-04-2014, 10:36 PM

All that would happen is that they would say "that's how I saw it at the time so I made the call". Nothing would change.

Have a guy in the stand with a monitor who is able to communicate with the ref via an earpiece. All it would take would be ten seconds to correct an obvious error like that.

Assistants need help and if the means are there it's foolish not to use them.

Saorsa
02-04-2014, 11:06 PM
All that would happen is that they would say "that's how I saw it at the time so I made the call". Nothing would change.

Have a guy in the stand with a monitor who is able to communicate with the ref via an earpiece. All it would take would be ten seconds to correct an obvious error like that.

Assistants need help and if the means are there it's foolish not to use them.If he or anybody else needed help tae get a decision like that right (if you believe it was a mistake) they shouldnae be there doing the job. No even close and he's looking right at it

Saorsa
02-04-2014, 11:08 PM
As the saying goes, don't hold your breath. Little tiny men like that have egos that don't allow them to apologise. Anyway he didn't make a mistake at all.:agree:

The Harp Awakes
03-04-2014, 12:08 AM

Great post. Sitting back and doing nothing just means we'll get horsed time after time by crooked officials like McLean and Thomson.