PDA

View Full Version : still behind Butcher?

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 04:21 PM
I am.
He has made some strange team selections mind, but it must be difficult to pick exactly what is our best team is out of this bunch of misfits.
He and Petrie better get the finger out as soon as the season ends, if not sooner, to get rid of this lot and get some decent players in.

Diclonius
30-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Yup. Just not anyone else at the club.

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 04:24 PM
cautiously i am. as for the petrie comment...........ive heard it a million times. The man needs to go. To be fair tho he does walk about behind the goals prior to the games chatting to the same erky lickers, he must think the fans love him.

cleanyman
30-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Bewildering selection and management.

No.

Pete
30-03-2014, 04:26 PM
100%. He obviously needs his own players.

Gmack7
30-03-2014, 04:29 PM
IF he managed to relegate us via the play offs this season it would be hard for anyone to back him and playing like that there's every chance..SHOCKING

yekimevol
30-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't back him, never wanted him tbh. The run of form after the new year, getting rid of Scott Thomson and the team line ups have not changed my mind either.

ALF TUPPER
30-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes.

I'll judge TB, and the management team, once they've assembled their own squad and they've played a while together.

In the meantime, I'll continue going along to support this mob in the hope they might string a result or 2 together.......................................... ......... Or even string some passes together (that would be nice)

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:36 PM
merge with other Butcher thread?

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 04:40 PM
merge with other Butcher thread?
Why?
I'm asking a particular question, are you still behind him. The other thread asks if you think he knows what he is doing.

eggbamyasi
30-03-2014, 04:41 PM
100% . Bring on next season . Build own team get rid of uncommited dross .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Why?
I'm asking a particular question, are you still behind him. The other thread asks if you think he knows what he is doing.

Similar question and replies?

If he knows what he is doing then surely fans are behind him ?

If he is clueless than who is going to support him?

There are some good points on the other thread so just thought it made sense to merge rather than repeat :aok:

HFC_NYC
30-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm getting a bit concerned with his false promises he gives the media......."might as well play kids if we're going to lose" as an example. He goes on to tell us that Harris will be rested for the remainder of the season and then uses him today.

We we just have to hope he can build his own team for next season and judge him on that.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Why?
I'm askining a particular question, are you still behind him. The other thread asks if you think he knows what he is doing.

In a couple of weeks he could have us behind everyone else apart from Hear7s .Are you confident he can now pick this lot up and fashion a team and tactics to salvage the points we need to avoid play off ? The jury is still out on that one but yes we are stuck and need to see what next season brings

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Similar question and replies?

If he knows what he is doing then surely fans are behind him ?

If he is clueless than who is going to support him?

There are some good points on the other thread so just thought it made sense to merge rather than repeat :aok:

In that vein, why don't we merge All threads into one big one.
;-)

ionahibby
30-03-2014, 04:49 PM
As long as we avoid playoff then yes but if somehow we did the unthinkable and ended up relegated then he would need to go!

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I am but I don't like how the team is playing and wonder about the tactics for these Fenlon players. However, he should be given the chance to bring in new blood and build a team with his vision of play. Scott Robertson's absence is a factor in how bad our recent record is. His guts and energy are missed badly in midfield and he always shows a desire to win. We need some key changes in the team before we get out of this slump, and the changes have to come from transfers as the squad is not good enough.

MWHIBBIES
30-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Meh, not really but I don't really have much choice. Honestly think it will be another poor transfer window and him gone before Christmas, his fault or not.

judas
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I am.
He has made some strange team selections mind, but it must be difficult to pick exactly what is our best team is out of this bunch of misfits.
He and Petrie better get the finger out as soon as the season ends, if not sooner, to get rid of this lot and get some decent players in.

He's made some mistakes especially with the mind games, but I'm with him for sure.

heretoday
30-03-2014, 05:33 PM
I am but I don't like how the team is playing and wonder about the tactics for these Fenlon players. However, he should be given the chance to bring in new blood and build a team with his vision of play. Scott Robertson's absence is a factor in how bad our recent record is. His guts and energy are missed badly in midfield and he always shows a desire to win. We need some key changes in the team before we get out of this slump, and the changes have to come from transfers as the squad is not good enough.
I agree. Scott Robbo is someone who seems to give a monkeys. I would make him captain next season. Unfortunately we will have to retain some of the hopeless berks or we won't be able to field a team at all! The question is who?

30-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Tbf the team he is working with are the deadwood team that Fenlon built. Until he has had time to have a clearout and build his own team and bring in his own players then i reserve judgement on him. However, I can't understand why hes not playing Thompson and why he left Heffernan out completely today.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm behind him for now. He must be given the summer to make radical changes and then begin next season with his own blueprint. However, he must deliver and results must improve massively.

Captain Trips
30-03-2014, 06:30 PM
He has not done anything of note, the it is not his players is an excuse if he is better than what we have he should do better with what we have.

If we were losing 4-0 everyweek and he took over and we were losing 3-0 or 2-0 then yes that is improvement and in time it may work. I have seen no real change at all and that cannot be ignored or put onto Fenlon.

leggeto
30-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I am,I'll judge him on his own team,the man needs time

Jones28
30-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Juries out at this point in time

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Yup. Just not anyone else at the club. Me 2

cautiously i am. as for the petrie comment...........ive heard it a million times. The man needs to go. To be fair tho he does walk about behind the goals prior to the games chatting to the same erky lickers, he must think the fans love him. I could do that.

He has "chatted" to me behind the goals and never listened to a word I said.

Maybe that was a good thing though.

100%. He obviously needs his own players. He certainly does

I agree. Scott Robbo is someone who seems to give a monkeys. I would make him captain next season. Unfortunately we will have to retain some of the hopeless berks or we won't be able to field a team at all! The question is who?He shoud have been captain from the start of this season -subject to being fit.

HibbyKeith
30-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Totally behind Butcher.

I think he will produce a team capable of competing at the right end of the league and have us playing football worth watching if we give him time to build his own squad..

He does however need to stop playing his own playing style with a group of players that clearly cant play that way.

The players we have are all capable football players, they can put this playoff nonsense to bed if TB plays to the strengths of the players in the current team for the remainder of the season.

No more long balls please Terry, its boring, predictable and seriously non threatening with the current group of players.

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Only if we stay up.

mutley
30-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm behind him for now. He must be given the summer to make radical changes and then begin next season with his own blueprint. However, he must deliver and results must improve massively.

That sums it up for me, although avoiding relegation is a MUST

Eyrie
30-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Still behind Butcher.

I want to see what he does with players that want to play well for us and be at Hibs.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I agree. Scott Robbo is someone who seems to give a monkeys. I would make him captain next season. Unfortunately we will have to retain some of the hopeless berks or we won't be able to field a team at all! The question is who?

I never thought of him as captain, but you are dead right, he should be.

bingo70
30-03-2014, 07:36 PM
I think he'll fail and never thought he was the right man for the job.

That said though he needs to be given time. Not to bring in his own players but to implement his attitude throughout the club.

Not sure if that makes me behind him or not?

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Yes. He inherited spineless dross, gave them an initial rocket and a chance to prove themselves, and got a decent initial reaction. Now they've reverted to type, as a bunch of mollycoddled wimps who think they are better than they are and don't want to put in a sustained effort.

Now he has to clear them all out and bring his own men, who will play with a bit of pride and passion. Most of all, we need a couple of real leaders and mentally strong players in that side, who will drive the others over the line. There doesn't seem to be many big personalities in the current Hibs side.

hibsbollah
30-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes.

My worry is he does 'a Collins' and walks, if he realises his transfer targets are beyond what we're willing to spend.

The Sea-gull
30-03-2014, 07:54 PM
I am still more than happy to leave full judgement till this time next year. He has gone down in my estimation in recent weeks though. He is stuck with a load of guff but get the feeling he has told them that is what he thinks a bit too vocally and now a lot of them don't give a stuff playing for him, they want out and can't wait for season to end so he us having a real job getting any sort of tune out of them.

The_Todd
30-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes.

My worry is he does 'a Collins' and walks, if he realises his targets are beyond what we're willing to spend.

He managed 4th with Inverness's budget, surely budget won't be an issue.

stu in nottingham
30-03-2014, 07:57 PM
No, not really. I don't enjoy the 'style' of football he appears to espouse.

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I am.

yes

happiehibbie
30-03-2014, 07:59 PM

I agree with you

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2014, 08:03 PM
If he does not improve this shower of crap next season, then we all know what will happen. I am beginning to have my doubts he can, but he has done well with ICT so does need a lot more time than he's currently had.

The main reason i stopped watching Hibs was they bored me rigid with the style of play, after an initial upturn in form and creating more chances, this lot are as bad if not worse than Fenlons duds, and even worse to watch.

I dont give a **** about what anyone thinks about what i'm going to say, but Hibs have had their last penny from me for the foreseeable future.

If that makes me a glory hunter then bring the glory on.

Aye and Petrie and STF, just go. Both of you have outstayed your welcome and are the problem not the solver of the problems.

Hiber-nation
30-03-2014, 08:04 PM

That's what I thought when there was talk of him being appointed. However when he was appointed I was behind him and still am, you can't be a crap manager doing the job he did with ICT and he has inherited some truly awful football players.

The thing that does really bug me though is the team selections. I don't get all the chopping and changing. Does not make any sense to me at all.

Macaroon
30-03-2014, 08:06 PM
God how I'm tired of hearing "until he brings in his own squad."

DAVE1875
30-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Reserving judgement until next season

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 08:34 PM
If he does not improve this shower of crap next season, then we all know what will happen. I am beginning to have my doubts he can, but he has done well with ICT so does need a lot more time than he's currently had.

The main reason i stopped watching Hibs was they bored me rigid with the style of play, after an initial upturn in form and creating more chances, this lot are as bad if not worse than Fenlons duds, and even worse to watch.

I dont give a **** about what anyone thinks about what i'm going to say, but Hibs have had their last penny from me for the foreseeable future.

Aye and Petrie and STF, just go. Both of you have outstayed your welcome and are the problem not the solver of the problems.

STF Backed Petrie 100% at the AGM Remember " The eye of the tiger " they are not going anywhere we have to look at Terry he is not cutting the mustard is it to late too bring in McLeish again ?

Jim44
30-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Despite all the dissatisfaction and whining about Butcher, we are nearly all (I think) still behind what he has to do, if not the man himself, if we are going to survive. More importantly, however, I think Butcher has to have a good hard look at himself and recognise that he is very much a part of our problems. He can't afford to hide behind the lobby who see him as the 'victim' of another man's team. I think he has contributed widely to the breakdown of morale through his 'media' meandering and lack of positive encouragement for the players ( yes, I know I've got a nerve to talk about positivity but I'm just an irrelevant Joe Bloggs giving his tuppence worth) ......... Butcher happens to be picking up a tidy salary for doing a job he's not doing very well. The next few weeks are crucial and are unlikely to produce any change in our fortunes unless Butcher takes the situation by the scruff of the neck and sorts out whatever malaise is dragging us down. An air-clearing and honest dialogue with the players might be a good place to start.

Gerard
30-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I am fully behind TB being the head coach. I want a manager who tells players and the Hibs board the things that need to be said if Hibs are going to be respected in football again. There has been too many managers who have been at Hibs for less than 2 years and the result is an open door of players coming into the Hibs team and leaving when their contracts expire or are bought out. I want Hibs to be competitive again and win silverware. Other clubs outside the'OF' do it. We should also win more silverware and not every 20 years or so.
The next 6 games are vital for Hibs to make sure our place in the SPL and to allow TB to get the players that he wants for next season. It is clear that there are many players at ER who do not belong in our team and will be moved on ASAP. There is a lot of young players coming through the reserve league and some have made it into the first team. That is a bright light in a dull season.

JimmyL
30-03-2014, 09:15 PM
No after that team selection, can go back to his beloved Inverness as far as im concerned, poor poor manager who we keep on hearing cannot do anything with the so called poor players he inherited, just go before the inevitable October sacking next season.

The Voice Of Reason
30-03-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm still right behind butcher.

He's having to select Fenlon's duds - these are the duds who drove the fans to protest after the 1/4 final defeat to hearts - bunch of talentless losers.

The threat of a relegation playoff wasn't in the script though.......that's a big spanner in the works! :worried:

If we stay up I've got faith in butcher to turn this round.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Put me down as a no. Wasn't my choice when he came given his managerial record. Other than Inverness and Motherwell, elsewhere he was a disaster. I hope he manages somehow to keep us out the play off but I have a feeling that even if we do survive the damage is done and he will walk away.

silverhibee
30-03-2014, 09:28 PM

:agree:

3pm
30-03-2014, 09:30 PM
The only thing that should be behind Terry is a foot up his arse.

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Still behind Butcher.

I want to see what he does with players that want to play well for us and be at Hibs.

These type of comments annoy me, as if masses of players suddenly don't want to play for a club that pays their wages and don't want to play well, total bollox in my opinion, of course they want to play well and be at Hibs.........................they're just not ****** good enough to do it.

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Put me down as a no. Wasn't my choice when he came given his managerial record. Other than Inverness and Motherwell, elsewhere he was a disaster. I hope he manages somehow to keep us out the play off but I have a feeling that even if we do survive the damage is done and he will walk away.

initially i was with him but now that he has the same record as Colin No he has not got a clue and will go down as another Petrie screw up we will scrape survival but we need someone else at the helm.

Heedersnvolleys
30-03-2014, 09:39 PM

This. Heard it with Fenlon and now hearing for TB.

This is is what I can't understand these players just can't play his style of hoofball he wants. He knew he was not going to get enough players in the Jan window that was going to change that so why persist with that style, for me a decent manager would be able to adjust the style to suit the players at his disposal and gradually over several windows change personnel to suit his style/tactics.

But every time we seem to change manager and the whole squad?

Wakeyhibee
30-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I am.

I will back TB even through all the changes he's made. He has only the squad he has, although I wonder what made him go for Haynes??? The problem I can see is Hibs don't have a budget to do a wholesale clearout, and the budget in summer will be considerably less at this rate.

That make's me wonder how many are made to look worse than they are given they are in a ***** team with maybe little options around them. I think this will take two or three seasons to sort out given the contract in place and Hibs budget, however I do expect to see a marked improvement next season with 3 or 4 new faces.

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2014, 09:45 PM

I'm in the exactly the same frame of mind. It's become too dull and tiresome a part of life to continually sign up for it voluntarily, and it's gone on in the same depressing loop for too long now. I really think the club needs an entire new direction. Realistically, it'll be hard to get rid of Farmer, but we need more dynamic boardroom leadership than the bean counter Petrie can provide, and he should do the honourable thing and stand aside.

I still very much self-identify as a Hibs supporter, but the sad reality is that I've derived far more satisfaction in enjoying Hearts implosion in the last couple of years, than anything Hibs have served up in this time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 09:48 PM

Me anaw:agree:

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Me anaw:agree:
I'm sure we all are, but the truth is he can't properly be judged with someone elses team

SMAXXA
30-03-2014, 09:52 PM
He's a ****ing joke IMO, egotistical doesn't begin to describe him, there's a butcher love in on this site by people that are blind sighted about what he has done and give him more slack than he is due IMO. One win in 13.....he's in danger of setting us back then Years IMO, kick and rush, we were far better when we got the ball down and played football which is anti his methods.

****ed off doesn't even come close. We were best by the worst team in the top flight recent history. We are pish and no doubt we will see the same 3 or 4 changes again next week.

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm in the exactly the same frame of mind. It's become too dull and tiresome a part of life to continually sign up for it voluntarily, and it's gone on in the same depressing loop for too long now. I really think the club needs an entire new direction. Realistically, it'll be hard to get rid of Farmer, but we need more dynamic boardroom leadership than the bean counter Petrie can provide, and he should do the honourable thing and stand aside.

I still very much self-identify as a Hibs supporter, but the sad reality is that I've derived far more satisfaction in enjoying Hearts implosion in the last couple of years, than anything Hibs have served up in this time.

I think that a large number of long standing and loyal fans are now of the same mind and will walk if we get relegated, indeed they might even do so if we don't! :agree:

I personally don't care if those describing people with this view as "bed wetters" etc come on and spout that sort of sanctimonious claptrap - the short answer is that Hibs are in the entertainment business and if they don't entertain their viewing public then thos people will find something else to spend their money on with does entertain them IMO! :agree:

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 09:55 PM

Might be tired of hearing it but until he does he can't be fully judged .What we do know is he has made an arse of managing this squad since the 2 2 draw against Dundee United That's fact and if he doesn't sort it out he has to take his share of the blame as at that point we were top six contenders and after that it has been all down hill .

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I am fully behind TB being the head coach. I want a manager who tells players and the Hibs board the things that need to be said if Hibs are going to be respected in football again. There has been too many managers who have been at Hibs for less than 2 years and the result is an open door of players coming into the Hibs team and leaving when their contracts expire or are bought out. I want Hibs to be competitive again and win silverware. Other clubs outside the'OF' do it. We should also win more silverware and not every 20 years or so.
The next 6 games are vital for Hibs to make sure our place in the SPL and to allow TB to get the players that he wants for next season. It is clear that there are many players at ER who do not belong in our team and will be moved on ASAP. There is a lot of young players coming through the reserve league and some have made it into the first team. That is a bright light in a dull season.

John Collins tried that but look what happened there!?:confused:

Jim44
30-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm sure we all are, but the truth is he can't properly be judged with someone elses team

Right enough, isn't it shocking how Derek McInnes is getting credit for doing fabulously with Craig Brown's duds.

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Right enough, isn't it shocking how Derek McInnes is getting credit for doing fabulously with Craig Brown's duds.
He has brought in good players and has had a full season to work on them. Totally different situation. That said, I thought TB would have got more out of the poop he was left with.

Jones28
30-03-2014, 10:14 PM
How has he managed to turn a team of duds who are safely bottom 6, never relegation candidates, into a free falling team of bottle merchants who couldn't pass water?

Onceinawhile
30-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Nope.

poor man management, poor tactically, terrible football, leaves his changes too late, boufing in the transfer window, cant get the defense organised(14 against in our last 6!!), full of empty rhetoric/threats, gubbed by raith, partick, st johnstone and hearts and now one win in 13 (on that basis 3 wins a season!!!)

He's like fenlon, but with worse results and football.

Jim44
30-03-2014, 10:19 PM
He has brought in good players and has had a full season to work on them. Totally different situation. That said, I thought TB would have got more out of the poop he was left with.

Fair point, but I think that McInnes has been more proactive in his approach while Butcher has gradually become more reactive and hides behind the realisation that he's adopted a heap of cr@p.

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2014, 10:21 PM
How has he managed to turn a team of duds who are safely bottom 6, never relegation candidates, into a free falling team of bottle merchants who couldn't pass water?

He coached them and used his motivational skills!

Captain Trips
30-03-2014, 10:26 PM

He has done nothing with this squad to suggest he will do better given time. I did not expect him to have us pushing right up league I did expect some form of improvement of which I have not seen. There is no justification on what has been seen thus far he is any more capable of sorting this than Fenlon would. Fenlon was a disaster and I have yet to see why TB will do better when with the same players as PF even if bad players he hasn't improved things at all really.

I would have accepted going from pish to slightly less pish but he hasn't even managed that. Not somebody I have confidence in clearing out this team and going forward.

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Yes but it's hard to be proactive when you can't get players in. But as I said I thought he would have got more out of them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
30-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Still behind Butcher.

These type of comments annoy me, as if masses of players suddenly don't want to play for a club that pays their wages and don't want to play well, total bollox in my opinion, of course they want to play well and be at Hibs.........................they're just not ****** good enough to do it.

I can understand a lack of ability, but the relative lack of effort annoys me. Far too often it's the opposition that are first to the loose ball or that win the 50-50s.

Part of that is down to Butcher being publicly critical of the squad. It's clear that some players have switched off as they don't believe they will be here next year.

Jim44
30-03-2014, 10:40 PM
He coached them and used his motivational skills!

Would that be the same cringeworthy motivational skills seen in the well publicised Youtube video which some were raving about when he burst onto the ER scene? I think he fancies himself as a better 'motivator' than he actually is.

Pete
30-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Would that be the same cringeworthy motivational skills seen in the well publicised Youtube video which some were raving about when he burst onto the ER scene? I think he fancies himself as a better 'motivator' than he actually is.

These same "cringeworthy motivational skills" were used on an ICT team that was second when he left for us, fourth the year before that and relegation fodder when he first arrived.

You only allow yourself to be positively effected by something if you buy into it and believe in it. Most of the ICT squad were selected by him and the vast majority of the hibs squad are Fenlons players who have had this whole regime change forced upon the.

He turned them into something greater than the sum of their parts because he was given time to select the suitable parts that would buy into his ideology. The way some people are kicking him because he isn't getting the best out of a bunch of low quality players who are someone else's selection is ridiculous.

His inability to do so is heavily outweighed by his ability to get his own choices punching well above their weight as part of a cohesive, powerful unit.

Northern Hibby
30-03-2014, 11:11 PM
FFS they came from a team 2nd to us because they said with the new resources we're being given we can achieve more, they did not say we can make these players better just leave them with us, they'll keep us up then make us better,fitter,faster and stronger.

SMAXXA
30-03-2014, 11:13 PM
These same "cringeworthy motivational skills" were used on an ICT team that was second when he left for us, fourth the year before that and relegation fodder when he first arrived.

You only allow yourself to be positively effected by something if you buy into it and believe in it. Most of the ICT squad were selected by him and the vast majority of the hibs squad are Fenlons players who have had this whole regime change forced upon the.

He turned them into something greater than the sum of their parts because he was given time to select the suitable parts that would buy into his ideology. The way some people are kicking him because he isn't getting the best out of a bunch of low quality players who are someone else's selection is ridiculous.

His inability to do so is heavily outweighed by his ability to get his own choices punching well above their weight as part of a cohesive, powerful unit.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. A good manager and coaches will get the best out of a bad bunch, your exactly the sum of a lot of hibs fans using the "it's no his players etc" well ken what it is his players, aye he never brought them in but he's got a responsibility to them and us to get the best out them. Am ****ed if I'm allowing us to get relegated to still say it's no his team. Folk say aye it's refreshing to hear him so honest, well ken what I can be as honest but am a fan no a manager, never have I seen a manager come in and be so disconnected from his team.

Jim44
30-03-2014, 11:27 PM

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. A good manager and coaches will get the best out of a bad bunch, your exactly the sum of a lot of hibs fans using the "it's no his players etc" well ken what it is his players, aye he never brought them in but he's got a responsibility to them and us to get the best out them. Am ****ed if I'm allowing us to get relegated to still say it's no his team. Folk say aye it's refreshing to hear him so honest, well ken what I can be as honest but am a fan no a manager, never have I seen a manager come in and be so disconnected from his team.

I see where you're coming from, Peter, but I think Butcher and Malpas should have still been able to keep us well clear of the danger we are being rapidly dragged into. If Butcher had told Petrie at his interview that thing's at ER would get dramatically worse before they got any better, he would still be in Inverness today.

Good shout, SMAXXA

basehibby
30-03-2014, 11:37 PM
The question was "Still behind Butcher?" and it's an emphatic YES from me - not that there's any choice in the matter at this moment from where I'm standing.

We are in a scrap to avoid an unwanted finale to the season in the shape of a nerve shredding play off and Butcher is the man at the helm. As such he has my full blooded support along with every man he calls upon to wear the green and white over the coming weeks - regardless of shortcomings - real or imagined.

We have an advantage over all our rivals in this fight but it's a battle we cannot afford to lose and Butcher and the team will need our positive support to help them rise to the challenge - this is no time to be turning on Butcher or the team or each other for that matter. Time to take a deep breath, accept we're in a scrap and get along and do our bit at what supporters are supposed to be good at - supporting!

Pete
30-03-2014, 11:47 PM

I thinks it's ridiculous when you look at the bigger picture.

I concede that he probably doesn't have the skills to get this set of players performing. That's obvious by the amount of formation and personnel changes. He's almost given up and is hoping they he can get them scraped over the line.

His strengths, on the other hand, are obvious. He assembled a team that believe in themselves and perform because he selected them, inspired them and made them into the unit they are.

Getting other peoples players to perform won't be a problem next season. My problem is the fact that the positives are constantly overlooked and challenged by those who are too short sighted to see that we can be in a good place if he's given time to mould his own team.

I wonder how many people who suddenly class this guy as a mug watched ICT outplay us constantly over a sustained period?

edinburghhibee
30-03-2014, 11:48 PM
In answer to the OP, yes 100% the manager shouldn't have to tell the players they need to give their all that's part of being a pro player. Those wage thief losers on that park today could not give a ****.

If I went into my work tomorrow and gave a days work like they just did I'd be on the dole the following day.

Disgusted with that performance today bar Forster and thommo when he came on the rest can pack up and **** off!!

Pete
30-03-2014, 11:54 PM
I see where you're coming from, Peter, but I think Butcher and Malpas should have still been able to keep us well clear of the danger we are being rapidly dragged into. If Butcher had told Petrie at his interview that thing's at ER would get dramatically worse before they got any better, he would still be in Inverness today.

Good shout, SMAXXA

He probably did tell Petrie that things would get worse but I don't think anyone could have predicted this sort of slump.

To be honest, I'm willing to sacrafice this season totally because I know what he's capable of with his own players.

Normally I would even say that dropping down a division would be a price to pay knowing that but with sevco and hearts?

It's not going to happen. It can't :pray:

nickwhibs
30-03-2014, 11:56 PM
No

MontrealHibs
31-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes but his desperate team selection does not match his experience. He needs to back some players and stick to them.

Just_Jimmy
31-03-2014, 12:16 AM
He has no track record bar two years at ICT.

Poor and should have taken Motherwell down
Poor in England
Poor in Australia
Took ICT Down before he took them back up.

So far he's done nothing to show why he's here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

broonie27
31-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm getting a bit concerned with his false promises he gives the media......."might as well play kids if we're going to lose" as an example. He goes on to tell us that Harris will be rested for the remainder of the season and then uses him today.

We we just have to hope he can build his own team for next season and judge him on that.

My thoughts exactly. I've never, ever rated him. He just says the first thing that comes into his head at press conferences in the hope that some of it sounds like he's real tough and the rest of it is funny.

I hope he proves me wrong but I simply do not believe he is the one to get us out of this mire.

Dinkydoo
31-03-2014, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't have expected us to be doing so poorly had PF still been in charge. I'm still behind Butcher, but my patience is running out and if we want to be in the top division next year our time is running out, we need points on the board.

Scorrie
31-03-2014, 06:21 AM
Edging towards a "no" for me. Looks tactically clueless and cannae set up a team. Talks the big man talk but cannae deliver.

Steve-O
31-03-2014, 06:36 AM

True. It's like a new manager starting in an office and saying he can't do a good job until he sacks all the current workers and hires an entire new staff.

As we all know, that's not how the world works.

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2014, 06:42 AM
No

we are hibs
31-03-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm behind Butcher and I realise this isn't his team but his decision making and tactics yesterday were brutal. Collins should not have started and Heffernan should have. Thomson should have started. And this long ball pish he keeps playing was soul destroying to watch. Wouldn't have minded it if we done it correctly and we had a big striker upfront who can hold it up and flick it on, but we don't, we have James Collins.

Craig_in_Prague
31-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Lost faith in him big time.

Don't care anymore how well he done prior to joining Hibs.
He is employed by Hibs to do a job and so far is failing miserably.

Every bit as pathetic as under Fenlon, perhaps even worse.

A lot to prove, granted he needs the summer to make many changes and he'll get the time he needs... but so far, been really dissapointed in him and the awful hoofball and spineless efforts of the team.

I expected him to make us better, now i'm leaning to 'hoping'

J-C
31-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Personally no, gave him the support when appointed but he's showing he's tactically poor and very stubborn to the detriment of the club.

Steve20
31-03-2014, 07:53 AM
I thought he was the man for the job.

However, he is leading us into the playoffs, which is ridiculous.

Brightside
31-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Ive just been reading his comments after the game. He reckons we controlled the game? Passed the ball well? Worked hard? Well thats just rubbish. If he cant see it how can he fix it.

Captain Trips
31-03-2014, 08:29 AM
PF 4 wins from 15 games this term.
TB 5 wins from 21 games thus far.

PF team although not great managed the odd win in spite of PF being manager so there was at least something there capable of winning with right guy in charge, for me if TB was better he should have at least have a better record than PF, he had all be it one transfer window to even make slight change for good. No excuses here if TB is right man 5 wins from 21 is totally unacceptable.

PF took over from CC and hardly won yet folk liked to blame CC for that yes he left crap players but a better manager should have given something yet it remained the same and over time PF was a waste of time. TB for me looks the same again just more of the same if he cannot get better results from the team then he is not fit. Nobody is talking 5,6 game winning streaks but I am looking for better than previous manager. It is not even slight he has done nothing at all to improve our position in the SPL.