PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams...

Jamesie
30-03-2014, 03:41 PM
...showed no urgency whatsoever when we went 0-1 down and was slower than a week in the jail in taking goal kicks, retrieving balls etc throughout the whole match. It was the body language of someone who is out the door in the summer and IMHO has downed tools. :rolleyes:

The gloves should have been left with Murdoch, who knows what an Edinburgh Derby is all about.

R'Albin
30-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Seriously?

I realise that these boards are all about opinions, but Williams was great today IMO. One of the saves of the season in the first half, and although his distribution was disappointing at times, he played well throughout. If he hadn't made that aforementioned save to stop it going 2-0 before half time then today could have been a hell of a lot worse.

PeeJay
30-03-2014, 03:45 PM
...showed no urgency whatsoever when we went 0-1 down and was slower than a week in the jail in taking goal kicks, retrieving balls etc throughout the whole match. It was the body language of someone who is out the door in the summer and IMHO has downed tools. :rolleyes:

The gloves should have been left with Murdoch, who knows what an Edinburgh Derby is all about.

It's been a bad day really, but this post made me laugh - cheers!

Swedish hibee
30-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Sorry to be blunt, but shut up.

There is no way ben can be slated after today. I wish Williams was our only problem right now!

Jamesie
30-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Seriously?

I realise that these boards are all about opinions, but Williams was great today IMO. One of the saves of the season in the first half, and although his distribution was disappointing at times, he played well throughout. If he hadn't made that aforementioned save to stop it going 2-0 before half time then today could have been a hell of a lot worse.

I'd give you that - it was a great save. But otherwise I stand by the rest of my comments.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Opinions?

I thought he showed great pace and stamina throughout the game, compared to the other Hibs players on the pitch.

SeanWilson
30-03-2014, 03:56 PM

you have your pick of 11 and you pick the boy that probably stopped it being more.

O'Rourke3
30-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Pretty sure if he'd been booting it quickly, throwing it out and putting us in more trouble at the back, others would be slating him for panicking.

MontrealHibs
30-03-2014, 04:23 PM

Fraped by a Jambo?

MWHIBBIES
30-03-2014, 04:32 PM
11 players as good at what they do as Williams and we would be no where near relegation. He is far from perfect but he is more than good enough for Hibs.

judas
30-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Don't be a tool.

Williams showed his quality again today. We need to get him on side and go forward.

yekimevol
30-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Actually thought Ben was the only starting player to get pass marks.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 04:39 PM
His refusal to release the ball short really frustrates me.

However I can only assume he is acting on instruction as out whole play is based on hoofing it long. Plus if I played behind that pish I wouldn't fancy playing it ahort either.

Gus Fring
30-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Yup, screaming at his defence every time Hearts got a shot and throwing himself into a brilliant save to keep us in the game. All the actions of a man that doesn't care.

He didn't even have to play today, his wife has just given birth, paternity leave would have been the best excuse in the world.

erin go bragh
30-03-2014, 04:44 PM
His save in the first half was world class . What happened at the end of the game between Williams and one of their subs? Think the op is at the wind up ?

Ggtth

sbell1875
30-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Terrible thread. Admins please delete.

SunshineOnLeith
30-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks OP, think we all needed a good laugh after the game earlier!

ManBearPig
30-03-2014, 05:30 PM
this has to be a joke! he was excellent today! only people who clearly have no idea what a keeper does and has to deal with can say shiate like this.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 05:34 PM
What did the OP do put the names in a hat, picked one out then decided to slate the person he picked.

Outstanding save near the end of the 1st half.

I don't understand this place sometimes.

hfc rd
30-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Are you kidding me? Williams was let down with the shower of s**** in front of him. Blaming him for the defeat is crazy. It's just a typical gutless, no passionate performance from Hibs in a derby match.

DH1875
30-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Terrible thread. Admins please delete.

Don't know about that. Its been a bad day and its gave me a wee laugh. How anyone can have a go at Williams is a joke.

dave62
30-03-2014, 07:40 PM
If the Williams save in the first half had been by a English Premiership goalkeeper we'd be seeing it every hour on the hour and rightly so.

There are many culprits for today's defeat but Williams is not one of them.

Pray4Marc
30-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Maybury, Collins.. Now Williams. Jeezo. Apart from the goals, which he had no chance in saving. He had a quiet afternoon.