PDA

View Full Version : Six Massive Games

inglisavhibs
30-03-2014, 02:59 PM
As it says we have six massive games left this season, games that will affect the direction this club takes for years ahead. It is hardly a secret that many of the current players will either not be offered new contracts or be asked if they can find another club. We probably need another four or five points to be safe and on current form it's hard to see where they are coming from. The die hard Hibs fans will have to get behind the team, whoever is selected for these crucial games. It's not going to be easy watching but Hibs through thick and thin for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2014, 03:11 PM
The whole season should be treated appropriately.

Next six games are massive just sounds like sound bite from a tabloid.

Time for steadying the ship not corporal Jones.

CalgaryHibs
30-03-2014, 03:13 PM
With the current squad getting five points is wishfull thinking really

Oranje39
30-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I think, that getting relegated this season maybe the best thing for us at the moment. We have been getting worse year on year and somehow manage to stay up.

Relegation maybe the kick up the arse/wake up call our club needs. I also think I'd rather be in the Championship competing against the likes of Rangers and Hearts for promotion, instead of fighting relegation against St Mirren, Killie or Partick for another year.

NO progress has been seen for far too long.

Swedish hibee
30-03-2014, 03:19 PM
If we go behind in these games- do we believe that we will score 2 goals? I am actually scared, sh*t scared. There is simply no way we can go down this season. I could actually weep with how this season has gone. So fed up.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Prepare for the play-off in my opinion - we are the worst of the worst amongst the bottom 6 on form going into these games - that will continue.

Sad, but highly likely. This side has no belief and no guts. The other sides have it in these circumstances.

If he plays McGivern next game, and Collins - put yer wages on an easy Aberdeen win by more than 3.

inglisavhibs
30-03-2014, 03:23 PM
With the current squad getting five points is wishfull thinking really

I really hope you are wrong, the play off place is not where we want to be.

Joe6-2
30-03-2014, 03:26 PM
I have never known such negativity among Hibs support,
it shows how much this bunch of imposters have let us down

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I think, that getting relegated this season maybe the best thing for us at the moment. We have been getting worse year on year and somehow manage to stay up.

Relegation maybe the kick up the arse/wake up call our club needs. I also think I'd rather be in the Championship competing against the likes of Rangers and Hearts for promotion, instead of fighting relegation against St Mirren, Killie or Partick for another year.

There are NO positives to be taken out of relegation.

The fact that we're even contemplating relegation is ridiculous in itself but if it happens, it would be a complete nightmare as there are no guarantees that we would come back up any time soon either.

We are bad enough as it is for the club to start to wake up and realise that big changes are required. We don't need to be relegated to know that.

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 03:28 PM

I Do not agree we need to stay up re group and start afresh next season even if it means by winning the play off battle wthe worry is current form 1 win in last 13 games and with high flying Aberdeen next it comes down to the last 5 games we need 5 points to avoid the play off nightmare.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM
There are NO positives to be taken out of relegation.

The fact that we're even contemplating relegation is ridiculous in itself but if it happens, it would be a complete nightmare as there are no guarantees that we would come back up any time soon either.

We are bad enough as it is for the club to start to wake up and realise that big changes are required. We don't need to be relegated to know that.

We, at this moment in time, are going got pick up the square root of nothing.

Then we will struggle for years in the 'Championship'

We don't have a McLeish, or Sauzee, a Hughes, etc to pull us out the sh*t this time.

Please forget Hearts relegation. What will happen to them will happen.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM

I hear what you're saying mate, but I believe relegation would be catastrophic for Hibs. You are correct when you say no progress has been seen for far too long, but that's another story IMO.

Swedish hibee
30-03-2014, 03:40 PM
We cannot go down. Anyone who says we should- should be ashamed, this is NOT an option.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Give the long suffering Hibs supporters something - anything - to be positive about and we will do so, big time. At the moment, there is very little/nowt to be positive about. The club is in serious trouble, and I just hope we can avoid being relegated (again) this season. Next weeks fixtures all look winnable for the teams below us (excluding yaks). Would it not be the ultimate irony, and last straw, for many Hibs supporters if we end up following the yaks down?

inglisavhibs
30-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Give the long suffering Hibs supporters something - anything - to be positive about and we will do so, big time. At the moment, there is very little/nowt to be positive about. The club is in serious trouble, and I just hope we can avoid being relegated (again) this season. Next weeks fixtures all look winnable for the teams below us (excluding yaks). Would it not be the ultimate irony, and last straw, for many Hibs supporters if we end up following the yaks down?
Not the last straw, as long as there is a Hibs.

thebakerboy
30-03-2014, 03:46 PM
I do not think we will fall into the playoff spot because the 4 clubs below us will be taking points off each other and we can and will pick up a couple of points so I still don't think that will be a worry. Remember if say St Mirren win a couple of games they will be against teams who have less points than us already.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I am tempted to like the thought of winning the Championship next season and then watch Rangers lose the playoff for second promotion spot to keep the greater and lesser cheats down another season. But I would rather see us get back to competing for second or third in the Premiership where we belong as a club. The team needs to be brought up to the standard of the club and I hope we see that during next season.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 03:54 PM
We have 38 massive games every season. I just wish the players were aware of that.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I do not think we will fall into the playoff spot because the 4 clubs below us will be taking points off each other and we can and will pick up a couple of points so I still don't think that will be a worry. Remember if say St Mirren win a couple of games they will be against teams who have less points than us already.

The arguement that all the teams below cannot catch Hibs is starting to wear a bit thin. This was the weekend when we were supposed to pull clear. The four teams below all playing away to top 6 teams and Hibs playing the team at the bottom and they all gained points. Next weekend Hibs have on paper, probably the hardest game of all the 5 teams. The other 4 teams all know Hibs are in the mix and will all know that on current form we are beatable. It's also worth mentioning again, that the only games Hearts will be up for after the split is the game against Hibs.

Seriously, there is a real danger of Hibs finishing 11th.

Bristolhibby
30-03-2014, 03:59 PM
TBF relegation was put to bed second to last game IIRC v Dunfermline two seasons ago, so surely we were in worse shape then (and we had a Cup Final to "look forward" to).

Can't see us getting anything from Aberdeen next but surely we will get some points. (He says in hope).

J

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Going down would be FATAL for the future of the club.

It would not be a good idea - especially next season.

If fans think that they have even less ambition than the owners of our club.

We seriously need to stick together as fans in the remaining games otherwise we will be heading down.

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 04:00 PM
We've already been playing in massive games, so I'm at a loss to see how we get a different result in the last six than the dross we've endured already.

My personal feeling is that I should now, for the sake of my own sanity, just switch off any interest in Hibs and switch it back on again in July. If only it were that easy.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 04:02 PM
We've already been playing in massive games, so I'm at a loss to see how we get a different result in the last six than the dross we've endured already.

My personal feeling is that I should now, for the sake of my own sanity, just switch off any interest in Hibs and switch it back on again in July. If only it were that easy.

I hope you mean July 2018. The 5 year master plan won't be completed until then.

Bristolhibby
30-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Next week bizarrely we need Hearts to beat the Jags, St Johnstone to win at Kilmarnock, ICT to win the highland derby at Dingwall and a Motherwell to win in Paisley.

J

Vini1875
30-03-2014, 04:17 PM
We will not go down or go into the play off and will get a win somewhere, probably against St. Mirren, but TB and MM have to really pull off something to get these players over the line. There are too many guys in our team who have no guts or no talent, but it is still up to TB to motivate or bully them into a performance.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
The arguement that all the teams below cannot catch Hibs is starting to wear a bit thin. This was the weekend when we were supposed to pull clear. The four teams below all playing away to top 6 teams and Hibs playing the team at the bottom and they all gained points. Next weekend Hibs have on paper, probably the hardest game of all the 5 teams. The other 4 teams all know Hibs are in the mix and will all know that on current form we are beatable. It's also worth mentioning again, that the only games Hearts will be up for after the split is the game against Hibs.

Good point. The yaks wont try a f*** against the other teams. They will give everything against Hibs though, as they usually do, unlike some of our wage thieves.

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Are the playoffs just over 2 games - home and away?

Could be Dundee...and Paul Hartley....:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Are the playoffs just over 2 games - home and away?

Could be Dundee...and Paul Hartley....:rolleyes:

Yep.

The team that finishes 11th in the Premiership plays one tie against whichever team from the Championship that gets through the first two rounds.

Second leg is at home.

Diclonius
30-03-2014, 04:29 PM
The next six games aren't massive. Our players won't treat them as a big deal, and we won't get results.

Next.

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Yep.

The team that finishes 11th in the Premiership plays one tie against whichever team from the Championship that gets through the first two rounds.

Second leg is at home.

So how does the Championship playoff work (for the right to play the SPFL team over 2 legs) ?

emerald green
30-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Next week bizarrely we need Hearts to beat the Jags, St Johnstone to win at Kilmarnock, ICT to win the highland derby at Dingwall and a Motherwell to win in Paisley.

J

My predictions: Partick - win (Yaks wont try a leg except against us); Kilmarnock - win; Ross County - win (how come Celtic couldn't beat them yesterday FFS); St Mirren - draw. Hope I'm wrong, and then others can come on and slaughter me next week!

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM

One min i think we are safe then i start thinking where is our next win coming from ? the post split fixtures will be intersting and who we play in what order as you say hear7s will be desperate to beat us again i just hope it does not go to the last game of the season and we play them again needing to win to survive.

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM

J Three out of four is doable.

Yep.

Second leg is at home.And ?

CalgaryHibs
30-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Yeh??

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 05:02 PM
So how does the Championship playoff work (for the right to play the SPFL team over 2 legs) ?

TIE 1

4th in Championship v 3rd in Championship - 1st leg
3rd in Championship v 4th in Championship - 2nd leg

TIE 2

winner of 1st tie v 2nd in Championship - 1st leg
2nd in Championship v winner of 1st tie - 2nd leg

TIE 3

winner of 2nd tie v 11th in Premiership - 1st leg
11th in Premiership v winner of 2nd tie - 2nd leg

Winner of 3rd tie will either stay in Premiership or be promoted from Championship.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 05:07 PM
As it says we have six massive games left this season, games that will affect the direction this club takes for years ahead. It is hardly a secret that many of the current players will either not be offered new contracts or be asked if they can find another club. We probably need another four or five points to be safe and on current form it's hard to see where they are coming from. The die hard Hibs fans will have to get behind the team, whoever is selected for these crucial games. It's not going to be easy watching but Hibs through thick and thin for me.
The last three have been massive and we have lost them all so let's not kid ourselves that telling the players this ,motivates them It clearly scares the **** out of some of them to the point they can't even pass five yards forward to a Hibs player.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 05:13 PM
My predictions: Partick - win (Yaks wont try a leg except against us); Kilmarnock - win; Ross County - win (how come Celtic couldn't beat them yesterday FFS); St Mirren - draw. Hope I'm wrong, and then others can come on and slaughter me next week!
Yams also playing Aberdeen mid week so they will be spent by Saturday unless they somehow manage to beat Aberdeen and want to keep relegation formality going for as long as they can But likely they will put in a shift at home and get narrowly beat and Partick will have an easier game against them and three points in the bag. Question will be Do Aberdeen feel need then to May be rest players against us thinking they can still beat us as they have cup semi coming up or is that later in April ,and am I just clutching at Straws

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Yeh ...... well we wont get anything from Aberdeen that's for certain, they are streets ahead of us.

I cant see how we are going to get the points we need. It will be up to the rest to cut each others throats to keep us out of the play off.

One things for sure ..... If this lot go down we will not come straight back up :bitchy:

inglisavhibs
30-03-2014, 05:21 PM
The last three have been massive and we have lost them all so let's not kid ourselves that telling the layers this motivates them It clearly scares the **** out of some of them to the point they can't even pass five yards forward to a Hibs player
Don't think there is any Hibs fan kidding themselves but throwing in the towell now is not an option either. Nearly relegated teams in the past have suddenly got points in games they would normally not win. The other four teams in the battle have been down there for a while and are fighting for their lives. We need to do the same now.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I can't see where a win will come from, everyone else likely to take points from the team that beat us comfortably enough today, if we can't beat them how can we be confident of beating anyone else? I see odds on being in the play-off have nearly halved since that result, now 15/2.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 06:29 PM
And ?

Don't understand this reply to what I said. :confused:

number9dream
30-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Looks like a battle for 10th place between us and St Mirren. My worry is if the Buddies sack Lennon and get a wee bounce from Goodwin/Thompson in charge. Only saving grace is split and all the duffers taking points off each other...