PDA

View Full Version : The Elephant has left the building

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 02:53 PM
THAT,

was the worst Hibs performance I have ever seen. Forget disallowed goals, put simply: the best team won.

Duffy's 97-98 team would beat this lot.

Can't make a pass, nothing going forward, where are we going to pick up points in the dog fight that will be the bottom 6?

Petrie needs to ****** right off, and , no, I don't know what the answer will be, but even if it's sh*te, it'll be better than this.

We are in big trouble girls.

We are going down; end off.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I sincerely hope the season ticket price is getting reduced. I'm sure that people will NOT be happy paying the advertised price for 'Championship' football.

On the bright side; Terry Butcher has experience in that league

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 03:10 PM
THAT,

was the worst Hibs performance I have ever seen. Forget disallowed goals, put simply: the best team won.

Can't make a pass, nothing going forward, where are we going to pick up points in the dog fight that will be nthe bottom 6?

Petrie needs to ****** right off, and , no, I don't know what the answer will be, but even if it's sh*te, it'll be better than this.

Thankfully couldn't get a ticket ,but having disagreed with you for so long ,I am coming round reluctantly to the fact we are now well and truly in the mix ,and in apparent free fall .Therefore the Elephant is on the a Roof and in the next few weeks , that roof could cave in like our defence does most weeks then it will be in the hoose and running amok If God is a Hibee I think we need Devine Intervention as I have no Faith left in some of these players .

Steve20
30-03-2014, 03:13 PM
We're down. A disgraceful performance. We can't win matches. Championship it is.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-03-2014, 03:16 PM
i predicted a 2-0 win i just couldnt bring myslef to back hearts.

looks like we are fighting for our lives in this division. what worries me is i doubt we will be able to beat the teams below us. if we are in a play off, could we beat falkirk or dundee? i doubt it. no doubt it'll be hartley's dundee as well.....

GodisaHibee
Thankfully couldn't get a ticket ,but having disagreed with you for so long ,I am coming round reluctantly to the fact we are now well and truly in the mix ,and in apparent free fall .Therefore the Elephant is on the a Roof and in the next few weeks , that roof could cave in like our defence does most weeks then it will be in the hoose and running amok If God is a Hibee I think we need Devine Intervention as I have no Faith left in some of these players .

it is beyond Devine intervention.

What is required is a complete clear out of the board, players ******ing manning up and the Manager getting a grip.

Dare I say a new owner?

Thecat23
THAT,

Can't make a pass, nothing going forward, where are we going to pick up points in the dog fight that will be the bottom 6?

Firstly we have played worse, secondly I still don't think we will finish second bottom let alone defo go down.

We're poor but we'll get through this season.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:17 PM
i predicted a 2-0 win i just couldnt bring myslef to back hearts.

looks like we are fighting for our lives in this division. what worries me is i doubt we will be able to beat the teams below us. if we are in a play off, could we beat falkirk or dundee? i doubt it. no doubt it'll be hartley's dundee as well.....

we would not win a play off

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Is this another James Collins thread?!

jazzy7070
30-03-2014, 03:20 PM
we would not win a play off

Why is Petrie getting the blame ? He's got in a manager we would have taken every day of the week, he's supported previous managers with cash?the team are ***** but let's no blame the board

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 03:21 PM
We're down. A disgraceful performance. We can't win matches. Championship it is.

Stay away from the medicine cabinet, sharp knives and any ropes you see lying around.

jazzy7070
30-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Didn't mean to quote you godisahibee

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Why is Petrie getting the blame ? He's got in a manager we would have taken every day of the week, he's supported previous managers with cash?the team are ***** but let's no blame the board

Because he's failed with all the other managers.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Didn't mean to quote you godisahibee

Petrie is getting the blame because, the seeds of our imminent relegation lie firmly at his door and nowhere else.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 03:24 PM
You have to wonder about the next derby, where, ironically they will have a chance to push us further towards the playoffs and maybe drag us down with them.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Firstly we have played worse, secondly I still don't think we will finish second bottom let alone defo go down.

I would pay to have your confidence Cat; I just can't muster that level of belief right now. I envy you, but I also can't get with the programme.

there isn't one.

jazzy7070
30-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Because he's failed with all the other managers.

What so no one thought butcher was the right choice? Hibs are terrible on the park not off it

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 03:30 PM
What so no one thought butcher was the right choice? Hibs are terrible on the park not off it

I think he is the right man (hopefully) but by god Petrie has had his day at Hibs. Please tell me what he brings that has improved this club since we won the league cup?

He should have left when the stadium was complete. We need a new man to take us forward someone with a vision not one who just plods along and ticks all the boxes when filling in a spread sheet.

He can **** right off along with most of the team.

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 03:31 PM

Also to say we are well run off the park isn't exactly true now is it?

Bobby's Cinema
30-03-2014, 03:32 PM
The mismanagement of the resources of this club has been nothing more than disgraceful and he is EXACTLY the reason we are where we are. I will not argue that he has not backed his managers, but he has consistently backed the wrong ones. We are a joke. The buck stops with him.

There is no accountability at our club, at top level. Whilst that remains the case, disgusting results like today will continue to be the norm.

thebakerboy
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Do not think we will get into playoff place simply because for every game St Mirren win another team below us loses , 2 or 3 draws are what we need and maybe a win or two would be good. I think we need a big clear out and TB needs to get his own players in and we can see what next season brings.

Top Pans Hibby
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM

What is required is a complete clear out of the board, players ******ing manning up and the Manager getting a grip.

Dare I say a new owner?

A new owner may be exactly what we need as I have no idea what Farmer's plans are for our club.

No vision, no obvious strategy, no communication, invisible.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I think he is the right man (hopefully) but by god Petrie has had his day at Hibs. Please tell me what he brings that has improved this club since we won the league cup?

He should have left when the stadium was complete. We need a new man to take us forward someone with a vision not one who just plods along and ticks all the boxes when filling in a spread sheet.

He can **** right off along with most of the team.

I am on record as saying the 'completion' of the stadium was, and no pun intended, a complete 'white elephant'.

All the board had an eye on was revenue from situations like cup semi and finals.

Brave, but then look at the nick of our club!

A pay day for a few fixtures at Er is NOTHING, compared to where we potentially end up.

The money spent on the stadium was complete folly and should have been invested in the playing squad.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 03:39 PM

We need some huge calls and luck to go our way with other results That didn't happen today or yesterday .Timing of Hanlon being out couldn't of come at worse time and bookings will accrue suspensions in last few weeks and always likely to have defenders on bookings who could do what Mayburry did today as we lack pace and movement at back .Turgid depressing stuff and think that today will piss off another chunk of the Support .

Thing is you can write the script with Hibs Tom English hit the nail on the head after the game when he mentioned his squatters in Mansion Article For another 500 pound a week we could have had players like flood , Taylor and Rooney .its not huge sums we are losing out by but we loose out on the better targets and then bring in inferior players to them His view is this is all of Clubs making Club being fronted by Mr Petrie He was Defending Fenlons record vT B s saying Fenlons was better .

maybe you should of started the Thread right enough .

jazzy7070
30-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Also to say we are well run off the park isn't exactly true now is it?

And we are not?why?

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 03:47 PM
We need some huge calls and luck to go our way with other results That didn't happen today or yesterday .Timing of Hanlon being out couldn't of come at worse time and bookings will accrue suspensions in last few weeks and always likely to have defenders on bookings who could do what Mayburry did today as we lack pace and movement at back .Turgid depressing stuff and think that today will piss off another chunk of the Support .

Thing is you can write the script with Hibs Tom English hit the nail on the head after the game when he mentioned his squatters in Mansion Article For another 500 pound a week we could have had players like flood , Taylor and Rooney .its not huge sums we are losing out by but we loose out on the better targets and then bring in inferior players to them His view is this is all of Clubs making Club being fronted by Mr Petrie He was Defending Fenlons record vT B s saying Fenlons was better .

Fenlon managed Hibs for 87 games.

Butcher has managed Hibs for 20 games.

Nobody is denying we are having a terrible run under Butcher, and, if the results go the wrong way for us in the next few weeks, we could be on the brink of a crisis, but the comparisons between them are hardly fair, given that Fenlon`s stats are based on more than 4 times the number of games Butcher has had.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Fenlon managed Hibs for 87 games.

Butcher has managed Hibs for 20 games.

Nobody is denying we are having a terrible run under Butcher, and, if the results go the wrong way for us in the next few weeks, we could be on the brink of a crisis, but the comparisons between them are hardly fair, given that Fenlon`s stats are based on more than 4 times the number of games Butcher has had.

We are on the 'Brink of a crisis' NOW.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 03:58 PM

I know and I agree. You could argue we have been that way for a while. My point was that if results were to go the wrong way, it would be a certainty.

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 04:00 PM
And we are not?why?

Well how much comp was paid out due to bad appointments? This could have gone into the team. He has no business plan at all on how to take us forward.

So since I answered your question please answer mine? What good is he doing at Hibs right now?

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 04:02 PM
I know and I agree. You could argue we have been that way for a while. My point was that if results were to go the wrong way, it would be a certainty.

I have argued we've been that way for a while. We shouldn't be relying on other teams results. We should be getting points and staying safe.

greenpaper55
30-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Sadly i think that like a bad fever this debacle that is happening will have to run it's course, if we manage to scrape through without ending up in the play offs then it will only happen next year or the next again. We are in this position as it exactly mirrors our chairmans ambition, as a club we are a shadow of our former self and it is difficult to see how it could have been mismanaged to this extent by anyone with half a brain but mismanaged it has been big time !. But we are told by our owner he wished he had a hundred RP's and he looks like he is there for the duration and hard as it may seem we will have to hang on for the next downward spiral coming our way. I think the fans frustration is made worse by the fact that we are powerless to alter events and even a huge drop in ST numbers would still see him retain power so where do we go from here, how do we alter things for the better ?, we are constantly reminded on here to be careful for what you wish for but could it be much worse than this ?.

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't think there is any doubt now that we ARE in the mix for the relegation play-off place.

I personally don't think we will finish in 11th, but only because it would be a highly unlikely event mathematically, given that all the other contenders have to take points off each other and we are currently the best placed of the five.

However, this doesn't mean I'm happy about our current situation and it really shouldn't have come to this.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 04:06 PM
sadly i think that like a bad fever this debacle that is happening will have to run it's course, if we manage to scrape through without ending up in the play offs then it will only happen next year or the next again. We are in this position as it exactly mirrors our chairmans ambition, as a club we are a shadow of our former self and it is difficult to see how it could have been mismanaged to this extent by anyone with half a brain but mismanaged it has been big time !. But we are told by our owner he wished he had a hundred rp's and he looks like he is there for the duration and hard as it may seem we will have to hang on for the next downward spiral coming our way. I think the fans frustration is made worse by the fact that we are powerless to alter events and even a huge drop in st numbers would still see him retain power so where do we go from here, how do we alter things for the better ?, we are constantly reminded on here to be careful for what you wish for but could it be much worse than this ?.

this

emerald green
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I would pay to have your confidence Cat; I just can't muster that level of belief right now. I envy you, but I also can't get with the programme.

there isn't one.

Me too. :agree: Or is it a case of none so blind as those that will not see where some of us are concerned.

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Sadly i think that like a bad fever this debacle that is happening will have to run it's course, if we manage to scrape through without ending up in the play offs then it will only happen next year or the next again. We are in this position as it exactly mirrors our chairmans ambition, as a club we are a shadow of our former self and it is difficult to see how it could have been mismanaged to this extent by anyone with half a brain but mismanaged it has been big time !. But we are told by our owner he wished he had a hundred RP's and he looks like he is there for the duration and hard as it may seem we will have to hang on for the next downward spiral coming our way. I think the fans frustration is made worse by the fact that we are powerless to alter events and even a huge drop in ST numbers would still see him retain power so where do we go from here, how do we alter things for the better ?, we are constantly reminded on here to be careful for what you wish for but could it be much worse than this ?.

Good post, fully agree.

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 04:17 PM

Dare I say a new owner? Do you know someone with a spare £20m

We're poor but we'll get through this season. Precisely

Why is Petrie getting the blame ? He's got in a manager we would have taken every day of the week, he's supported previous managers with cash?the team are ***** but let's no blame the board Agreed

You have to wonder about the next derby, where, ironically they will have a chance to push us further towards the playoffs and maybe drag us down with them. Arithmetically unlikely

Also to say we are well run off the park isn't exactly true now is it? Do you know something we should know ?

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Do you know someone with a spare £20m

Precisely

Agreed

Arithmetically unlikely

Do you know something we should know ?

I'm glad for you Weststand.

If you are happy with what is on offer, continue to support the club.

Not like buying shares and season tickets like I do, but by a blind, non-sensical approach to supporting the club that you have just demonstrated.

Well done that man and carry on.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Arithmetically unlikely
?

On current footballing form, a cast iron certainty.

Black Kyle
30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
You have to wonder about the next derby, where, ironically they will have a chance to push us further towards the playoffs and maybe drag us down with them.

I'm not normally a doom and gloomer however the situation we now find ourselves in has been coming for months. Most teams around us can scrap and have a bit of football in them - St Mirren at ER were excellent or allowed to be excellent in the first half. We don't know where the goals are in terms of making and taking chances.

I only hope the fixtures have us playing them early in the last 5 games to avoid the scenario highlighted above. We're not too big or too good to finish second bottom. I don't understand Craig, Heff and KT being on the bench, at least they have a bit of know how and experience. My Jamboid cousin was sitting behind Butcher today, he didn't understand the lack of input / motivation.

Two wins should be enough but I can't see where they're going to come form with this team / shape / tactics / attitude?

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2014, 06:25 PM
We'll stay up and will avoid the play off, but what's going to change next season? This perennial underachievement is a disgrace.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 07:30 PM
We'll stay up and will avoid the play off, but what's going to change next season? This perennial underachievement is a disgrace.

I'm sorry; we're going down. I will be the first to apologise if we don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davidw
30-03-2014, 08:10 PM
THAT,

You have a very short memory. It was diabolical, but just as diabolical as the last time at Tynecastle, and just as diabolical as the league cup at easter rd bar the first 20 mins. And just as diabolical as much of the last few years.

Give Butcher a chance to get rid of the dross, and build the way he did at Inverness.

Steve20
30-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry; we're going down. I will be the first to apologise if we don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep. We're gone. We don't win matches at all.

EH6 Hibby
30-03-2014, 08:19 PM

The thing is, who's to say any of those players would be a success at Hibs? We seem to be taking decent premiership players and ruining them.

I'm usually a positive person but I'm finding it really hard at the moment. I can't think where our next goal is coming from, never mind our next win.

I am extremely worried about relegation as it looks like all the teams below us are capable of beating us which is enough for 2 of them to catch us. Those same teams beat Hearts and we are in serious trouble.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2014, 08:21 PM
THAT,

Weren't at Perth last week then or the 2012 cup final or the home defeat to Malmo?

You're hurting, so am I but you've seen worse I'm sure

Paisley Hibby
30-03-2014, 08:27 PM

We're not on the brink of a crisis, we're slap bang in the middle of one.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Weren't at Perth last week then or the 2012 cup final or the home defeat to Malmo?

You're hurting, so am I but you've seen worse I'm sure

:agree:

There's certainly been worse and thats the horrifying thing about it.

We can't beat the worst Hearts team in many a decade, despite our performance being better than other recent performances.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Do the other teams?

Jonnyboy
30-03-2014, 08:30 PM

Do yourself a favour Steve and stay away from sharp objects :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 08:35 PM
THAT,

Today wasn't even our worst performance this season, never mind of all time.

We were very poor today and I'm concerned about the direction we're going in but let's not go overboard too much.

Jones28
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM

I think we're balls deep in a crises tbh

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 09:05 PM
The thing is, who's to say any of those players would be a success at Hibs? We seem to be taking decent premiership players and ruining them.

I'm usually a positive person but I'm finding it really hard at the moment. I can't think where our next goal is coming from, never mind our next win.

I am extremely worried about relegation as it looks like all the teams below us are capable of beating us which is enough for 2 of them to catch us. Those same teams beat Hearts and we are in serious trouble.
I am by nature a glass half empty person so I can't find any counter argument in what you say The hear7s factor in not trying the same way against other teams as they will in next derby is a disturbing factor as it would in effect be another form of cheating and there would be nothing we could do about it except beat them at home and on yesterday's performance you wouldn't bet on it and if they consign us to layoffs they will be on our pitch and refusing to leave our ground as if they have won some form of moral argument. When they are still in the wrong .
We only have Petrie to blame for not getting previous point nets right as this is the root cause of this .st Johnston have had four first time managers in recent years and managed to kick on and consolidate . our lack of reinvesting in team after we won league set the rot .But even in this transfer window past Ross county brought on a player that has scored 8 goals Aberdeen brought in Rooney who has scored as many if not more than Collins , thistle brought in Lyle and he has scored a few Killie have Boyd so you know they will continue to pick up points with his goals . we brought in Watmore and Hayes and to date have had a return of two goals between them .
No forward player has made a case to play week in week out and not playing Craig in natural position has denied us his goal threat .Carney can create but lack of pace means he falls out of favour . So yep no wonder we struggle to score .

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I am by nature a glass half empty person so I can't find any counter argument in what you say The hear7s factor in not trying the same way against other teams as they will in next derby is a disturbing factor as it would in effect be another form of cheating and there would be nothing we could do about it except beat them at home and on yesterday's performance you wouldn't bet on it and if they consign us to layoffs they will be on our pitch and refusing to leave our ground as if they have won some form of moral argument. When they are still in the wrong .
We only have Petrie to blame for not getting previous point nets right as this is the root cause of this .st Johnston have had four first time managers in recent years and managed to kick on and consolidate . our lack of reinvesting in team after we won league set the rot .But even in this transfer window past Ross county brought on a player that has scored 8 goals Aberdeen brought in Rooney who has scored as many if not more than Collins , thistle brought in Lyle and he has scored a few Killie have Boyd so you know they will continue to pick up points with his goals . we brought in Watmore and Hayes and to date have had a return of two goals between them .
No forward player has made a case to play week in week out and not playing Craig in natural position has denied us his goal threat .Carney can create but lack of pace means he falls out of favour . So yep no wonder we struggle to score .

this is a farce how is it that we bring in decent pedigree Managers who fail and its the same with quality proven players they walk in the door looking good then after a few games are dross look at Rankin at Dundee United rank rotten when here but looks good else where i just do not get it.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Today wasn't even our worst performance this season, never mind of all time.

We were very poor today and I'm concerned about the direction we're going in but let's not go overboard too much.
There is a danger of blindly thinking we are ok when there is no data to analyse that that rationally justifies this Hear7s who are bottom have beaten us three times this season .We didn't have a shot on target against st Johnstone . Partick thistle ripped us apart at times recently ,the last time st mirren scored three goals was when the they beat us at home ,you could go on .So don't think positive words are going to save us have heard enough of those from T B and they haven't worked .
I don't think anyone has a solution that I can see and as each week progresses the pressure builds on us depending on results else where.Its not a nice feeling to think you can't rely on your own team to pick up a win to take pressure off .But let's see how next three games go and where we are

TornadoHibby
30-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Would be interested on your feeling on the bookie's views on Hibs not ending up in that relegation play off spot and then losing that battle too F!? :wink:

Hibs were shocking again today and really never looked like threatening the Hearts goal apart from Forster's "Goal" that the Hearts fan masquerading as a linesman wrongly disallowed! :agree:

I find it difficult to see where we are going to secure the necessary points to keep us out of the Championship next season!

As you can testify, there is no one more behind Hibs on match days than me but one win in our last thirteen under TB and after 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (Celtic and Aberdeen iirc) in the first 8 under his managership makes me wonder what is going to change so massively to turn that around and who is going to effect that change given our record after the first 8! :confused:

I have not renewed my ST yet and am minded after today to wait until the "relegation" possibility is clarified beyond all reasonable doubt! :agree:

See you a week on Monday at 7.30pm!? :cool2:

greenlex
30-03-2014, 10:39 PM

Not like buying shares and season tickets like I do, but by a blind, non-sensical approach to supporting the club that you have just demonstrated.

Well done that man and carry on.
possibly the stupidest post on here ever.

Hermit Crab
30-03-2014, 11:33 PM
THAT,

Worst ever performance at tynie. No worst performance ever.

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 02:37 AM

Well done that man and carry on. Where did I say I was Happy ?

I also a shareholder and multiple season ticket holder who has already renewed.

And I take it you do not know a man with a spare £20m.

On current footballing form, a cast iron certainty. Form yes arithmetic probably not.

possibly the stupidest post on here ever. Thank you I thought it was just me who thought so.

whiskyhibby
31-03-2014, 06:12 AM
THAT,

Sorry completely disagree, the better team lost yesterday, in no small part due to the refs performance.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaiser1962
31-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Where did I say I was Happy ?

I also a shareholder and multiple season ticket holder who has already renewed.

And I take it you do not know a man with a spare £20m.

Form yes arithmetic probably not.

Thank you I thought it was just me who thought so.

.........that they never want to see again?

Weststandwanab
31-03-2014, 08:13 AM
.........that they never want to see again? Indeed.

As the question was never answered, I did not need to state that fact but yes you are unlikely to see a return on that investment.

we are hibs
31-03-2014, 08:13 AM
THAT,

I thought yesterday we played okay compared to how we usually play. Shows what we have become though that the standard yesterday starts to look acceptable.

clerriehibs
31-03-2014, 08:19 AM
THAT,

"Forget disallowed goals"?

*****. Utter *****.

We were the best team during many, if not most, of their long runs against us. But they got the goals. It's goals that get you the points. If we're going to be cheated, we're not going to get the points. It's getting ****ing ridiculous now. When you add into the mix penalties that never were, little rodent faced midfielders getting away with GBH and ours getting booked for trips (Thomson's greatest day), what ****ing hope do Hibs ahve against that *****?