PDA

View Full Version : Craig Paterson...................

Hexham Hibee
30-03-2014, 02:53 PM
said on BBC Scotland that there are 13 players out of contract at end of season: who are they?

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Hope there's more than that on their way out.

Gustavo Fring
30-03-2014, 02:54 PM
hopefully the 11 on the park plus the 2 subs that came on

sbell1875
30-03-2014, 03:35 PM
hopefully the 11 on the park plus the 2 subs that came on

A wee bit harsh on Watmore, Handling and Stevenson who were probably our 3 best players today.

stubru59
30-03-2014, 03:42 PM
A wee bit harsh on Watmore, Handling and Stevenson who were probably our 3 best players today.

All relative, though. In a sea of incompetence the competent are looking good.

matty_f
30-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Hope there's more than that on their way out.

:agree:

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 03:44 PM
said on BBC Scotland that there are 13 players out of contract at end of season: who are they?

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa:flag::thumbsup:

:greengrin

hibs0666
30-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Duff jimmys team were of a better quality than our latest brand of heroes.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

A bit frightening to think that around half of those players weren't even involved today at all!

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams Will sign for Sellick
James McPake Will retire - he was a financial gamble a did not pay off
Paul Cairney Can't see him being re-signed
Tom Taiwo Possible re-sign if he is keen
Ross Caldwell Because of lack of players being attracted to E.R. he will be re-signed
Alan Maybury Coach
Kevin Thomson Sadly he will choose not to re-sign
Sean Murdoch Need to re-sign him pronto
Abdellah Zoubir Loan expired
Duncan Watmore Loan expired
Danny Haynes No
Daniel Boateng No

A bit frightening to think that around half of those players weren't even involved today at all!

We are in the thick brown and sticky stuff

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 04:07 PM
We are in the thick brown and sticky stuff

Why? If you ask me that's a good bunch to get rid of and gives Butcher a clean slate. Sticking with that lot of importers will see us in the brown stuff.

sleeping giant
30-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

I would resign Murdoch and Handling.

Bin the rest.

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Apart from Williams their is not one I would keep.

ALF TUPPER
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Lets have a clear out !!:aok:

neil7908
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

That's an awful lot of players but lets have a quick think about which senior players are not mentioned:

Nelson
McGivern
Stevenson
Craig
Collins
Heffernan
Tudor-Jones

We will struggle massively to move on any of the above given how poor we have been this year so we need to be prepared to have a number of the current squad at ER next season. My hope is that players like Craig and Collins who have shown ability before coming to ER can improve in a revitalised Hibs team next season but rebuilding may be more difficult than we think.

dave62
30-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

If Maybury's doing a good job as coach, he can stay.

Regarding the rest, I'd keep the two goalkeepers, try and sign Watmore and let the rest go.

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

Id keep Handling and Murdoch and let the rest go from that list.

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Why? If you ask me that's a good bunch to get rid of and gives Butcher a clean slate. Sticking with that lot of importers will see us in the brown stuff. It is mostly a great bunch to get rid of - which will free up funds for wages - but I an concerned nobody will want to sign for us.

lord bunberry
30-03-2014, 04:34 PM

I forgot that Stevenson was playing, handling offered very little, watmore was ok I suppose. I thought Harris looked liveley when he came on.

Diclonius
30-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Honestly wouldn't be bothered if we retained NONE of the current squad.

sbell1875
30-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I forgot that Stevenson was playing, handling offered very little, watmore was ok I suppose. I thought Harris looked liveley when he came on.

When compared to Nelson, Collins & McGivern they looked like world beaters.

FJG28
30-03-2014, 04:55 PM
If all the players out of contract at the end of the season were to leave our squad according to the hibs website, ignoring younger guys who havent really been in the first team, our squad would be:

Keepers

Defenders
Callum Booth
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon
Michael Nelson
Jordon Forster
Midfielders
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Lewis Stevenson
Owain Tudur Jones
Sam Stanton
Wingers
Alex Harris

Strikers
James Collins
Paul Heffernan
Needed
1x Keeper
1x rb
1x lb
2x Wingers
1x Striker

Put in what experienced pros would need to be signed imho
For what its worth I reckon Handling Murdoch and Cummings will be re-signed

fife hfc
30-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

Keep the players in bold

Callum Booth
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon
Michael Nelson
Jordon Forster
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Lewis Stevenson
Owain Tudur Jones
Sam Stanton
Alex Harris
James Collins
Paul Heffernan

add the players in bold as well. None of the others have set the heather on fire but may still do a job.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:43 PM

Handling was shocking. Spent most of the game on his arse. Bambi on ice. Sorry not good enough for me.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:46 PM

He kept turning inside rather than taking his player on. Still a bit short on confidence but hopefully he can get back to his best soonest.

lucky
Handling was shocking. Spent most of the game on his arse. Bambi on ice. Sorry not good enough for me.

Actually thought he did ok and was at least looking for the ball

Aldo
If all the players out of contract at the end of the season were to leave our squad according to the hibs website, ignoring younger guys who havent really been in the first team, our squad would be: Keepers Defenders Callum Booth Ryan McGivern Paul Hanlon Michael Nelson Jordon Forster Midfielders Scott Robertson Liam Craig Lewis Stevenson Owain Tudur Jones Sam Stanton Wingers Alex Harris Strikers James Collins Paul Heffernan Needed 1x Keeper 1x rb 1x lb 2x Wingers 1x Striker Put in what experienced pros would need to be signed imho For what its worth I reckon Handling Murdoch and Cummings will be re-signed

Add to that list at least 1x CH.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Actually thought he did ok and was at least looking for the ball

Lucky tbh needs to do a lot more, lacks pace and strength for me.

Harsh but wasn't involved enough

Borderhibbie76
30-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Totally agree...I dont get the Handling love in. ..he is simply never good enough fir spl football. Never shown anything of note in any game and I was gutted when I heard he was starting today

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

emerald green
30-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Abdellah Zoubir
Duncan Watmore
Danny Haynes
Daniel Boateng

Maybe keep Sean Murdoch? Watmore, who has some potential, is just going to get kicked stupid in the SPFL & will spend half the season injured unfortunately. If Williams wants away, he can GTF with all the rest of them along with some others not on this list.

DH1875
30-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Keep the players in bold

Callum Booth
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon
Michael Nelson
Jordon Forster
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Lewis Stevenson
Owain Tudur Jones
Sam Stanton
Alex Harris
James Collins
Paul Heffernan

add the players in bold as well. None of the others have set the heather on fire but may still do a job.

You been on the beers? The 3 players you've got in bold are the 3 WORST players on the list :confused:.

HappyAsHellas
30-03-2014, 09:04 PM

My thoughts too - such a lightweight, and against a bunch of youngsters - what chance would he have against a real central defender?