PDA

View Full Version : Does butcher know what he's doing?

Monts
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM
It doesn't look like it from the stands.

No tactics, poor team selection, time wasting substitutions.

What is he actually doing at training?

Hoof!

Stevie Reid
30-03-2014, 02:30 PM
His win and loss percentage after 21 games is identical to Calderwood's tenure

Win 24% loss 43%

We were worth a point today, though the outcome was depressingly predictable.

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I am seriously worried.

Carheenlea
30-03-2014, 02:33 PM
He is a second rate manager who has us playing like a team from the second rate Championship. That looks like his level sadly.

Thecat23
I'm sorry these players have a lot to answer for as well as Butcher.

The whole lot management and players are cowards.

Pretty Boy
4 wins in 19.

He seemed to suggest he thought the system today was good. Quite unbelievable.

I'm not going to write him off but he needs to get us over the finishing line safe this season and then start next season well or he'll quickly lose support. It's a sad fact but the longer this '7 year itch' goes on the less time each new manager will get.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-03-2014, 02:34 PM
"Remind me Maurice, how many games have we been playing the long ball to Collins without it working at all?"

"Erm, about 20, Terry".

"OK let's do that again this week, then."

B.H.F.C
30-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.

Stevie Reid
30-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Why have Heffernan on the bench today? What possible circumstance was he waiting for? Great SPL scoring record, great scoring record at Tynie, came off the bench against Motherwell and scored - not worth the last 5 when a goal down? Ridiculous

Green Fish
30-03-2014, 02:35 PM
He needs time, I hope so but tbh I'm beginning to wonder.
From an untested source who knows mm they've been promised cash to spend in the summer

Johnny_Leith
30-03-2014, 02:36 PM
wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.

agreed!

Del Boy
30-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Getting seriously p155ed off with Butcher, so far we have gone backwards.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Another f'n useless manager, get someone in who actually gives a ****!

churchie16
30-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Doesn't know what tactics to play the long ball to collins now is beyond a joke ronaldo would be sick of that never mind collins!

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 02:38 PM
I have a feeling that Butcher will walk away before the end of the season. The sooner the better in my opinion.
He has done the impossible and made a bad team worse.

WestEndHibee
30-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Another f'n useless manager, get someone in who actually gives a ****!

:top marks That's the ticket. The next one will be much better.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I have a feeling that Butcher will walk away before the end of the season. The sooner the better in my opinion.

Been wondering that myself, but I hope not. If we survive in the SPFL then everything depends on what happens in the transfer window.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.

Sadly the minute I saw the confirmed 11 I posted the same - we should have gone there with absolute intent, played 3 up front, Heffernan, Cummings and Watmore.....then a solid midfield of Stanton, Thomson and Stevenson, with Black in at right back and Baptie in at left back.

McGivern has been awful last 10 games and posts missing causing goals against. Maybury would have been nowhere near up to speed.

How can any manager go to Tynecastle, knowing what could be claimed, and play one under performing striker up front ?? It beggars belief, seriously. Fenlon did the same. It's McGowan and Wilson there, not Puyol and Ramos :greengrin.

Well played Hearts though....yet again in a derby that mattered (they all do of course) they stood up and were counted. Got to hand it to them really. Hibs eleven green bottlers quite simply did what we all now come to expect :aok:

Wonder where Rod is just now...................................probably not caring :agree:

WestEndHibee
30-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Doesn't know what tactics to play the long ball to collins now is beyond a joke ronaldo would be sick of that never mind collins!

I agree, Collins gets a load of stick and should have put that shot on target but it was his only chance laid up to him of the whole 90 minutes. Anyone who's played sport will know how hard it is to keep composure with low confidence and being knackered from busting a gut chasing endless wayward balls. I'd like to see Collins in a team built to provide for him before he leaves.

Greenblood70
30-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Far from impressed, we've gone from merely dire to shabolic crisis. The football is utterly *****, no attempt to try and pass the ball. Nelson and Collins are like a recurring nightmare, utterly devoid of ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 02:44 PM
His win and loss percentage after 21 games is identical to Calderwood's tenure

Win 24% loss 43%

We were worth a point today, though the outcome was depressingly predictable.

So we have actually went backwards since Fenlon left his biggest mistake was lambasting the players some will know they do not feature in his plans for next year and clearly are not tying a leg for him. We need to get to the end of the season re group and let Terry bring in his new players in the Summer so we can build a new team for next season.

Swedish hibee
30-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I watched the game today dumbstruck, what is going on at ER? Something is VERY wrong, and whether it is Terry's management or the players can't play under him- we the fans need to know.
Now, players don't get worse so something is going on. I wish someone would let us know.

I'll always be a Hibs fan but I'm loosing the will to live watching this latest cr*p on show. I need to know it will get better.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2014, 02:46 PM
The players need to take a bit of responsibility here.

Stevie Reid
30-03-2014, 02:46 PM
He wrote off some of the better quality players in this squad a long time ago, and it's cost us.

The last time we had a wee bit of momentum going was after we drew with Killie and beat Ross County, with Taiwo and Stanton in midfield - we weren't brilliant, but played some decent stuff and created things in the final third. Then he brought Craig back in against Dundee Utd and everything fell apart again.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-03-2014, 02:48 PM
:top marks That's the ticket. The next one will be much better.If he gives a **** he sure will be.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Why have Heffernan on the bench today? What possible circumstance was he waiting for? Great SPL scoring record, great scoring record at Tynie, came off the bench against Motherwell and scored - not worth the last 5 when a goal down? Ridiculous

For a manager who places importance on self belief and positivity, all this week there should have been daily soundbites like what you describe.....'we won here last year and it was terrific', 'they've beaten us one in six in the league', 'Paul has a great record here scoring goals'........'would be great for the fans to relegate their rivals'.

There wasn't a peep out of Terry, not a peep. There are problems in the dressing room, no doubt at all.

His interview with Chick before the game sounded like Tony's before the 4-0 semi - he sounded beaten, a little lost, negative and to be honest he sounded worried.

Contrast to Locke who came on and sounded upbeat, nothing to lose, and jovial.

Like I said last week, the sombre tones of Rod permeate down the way and into the fabric of the club. We need a Steven Thompson type who lives and breathes football and his club and who has an energy and an emotional streak that unites not divides. Any conflict with authority, Thompson is straight onto the media standing up for his team and fans. Any time he is asked for an interview, he is up front and media friendly.

Rod hides. Hides and now and again treats the fans with contempt be coming out with written statements, not recorded/live ones, asking for patience/time/support and MONEY :blah:

Literally taking the you know what out of the fans - and he is now not getting any more money from my little stash of cash until he goes. My mind is made up sadly.

southsider
30-03-2014, 02:52 PM
From an untested source who knows mm they've been promised cash to spend in the summer
He needs time agreed, after today 3 years in effin Saughton.

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Needs time but has clearly lost the dressing room publicly slating the senior players then bringing them back in the latter weeks.

I fear our only hope is the teams below us not picking up points.

The irony is, given the fixtures, hearts may well put us in the relegation play off.

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 02:57 PM
we cannot keep changing managers,the problem is rotten players who have been told by Butcher that there will be a clearout in the summer who are now not really giving a monkeys.
today sadly does not surprise me,they have unity we dont,simples.

Butcher should play the kids from now on in

yeezus.
30-03-2014, 02:58 PM
It's maybe just as well I couldn't make it to the PBS today. I'm absolutely gutted by the result and very concerned about our position in the table. I really hope Collins goes in the summer!

Stevie Reid
Needs time but has clearly lost the dressing room publicly slating the senior players then bringing them back in the latter weeks.

I fear our only hope is the teams below us not picking up points.

The irony is, given the fixtures, hearts may well put us in the relegation play off.

And there's no way that they would waste such an opportunity.

Davy Mac
Some of my thoughts on the subject

From what I understand when TB & MM were appointed he demanded and ordered the players to hit long balls into the corners including all age groups within the academy, now, whether or not he got lucky with ICT and their players found a way to play football over and above this, I don't know. But for me I don't believe he has any intention to play pass and go fitba in the very near future if ever.

Secondly, in my experience one the oldest trick's in the book is to motivate and manage what you've got until such times as you can either replace them or perhaps turn one or two of them around but what you don't do is publicly ram them and then expect them to deliver, history generally tells you thay this doesn't work

Thirdly, leadership, leadership is not management, leadership is something you naturally have or you don't. TB seems to talk a game and I could imagine RP getting all gooy eyed with TB waffling sales spin but the reality is he has shown NOTHING since he arrived to convince me he can manage players and get the best out of them and lastly there is no leadership on and off the park. I believe leadership comes from the top and sadly something has to change and quick.

I need to renew my seasons by tomorrow for me and my kids but I tell you what, it's not because I expect to be entertained next season it's out of love my club and the quicker these imposters get out of my club the better. Some of these players are destined for the scrapheap and I personally think TB & MM will go before RP does and that is my problem - nobody is KICKING RP's erchie.

RP is measured by the figures and not the product. But we continue to buy into the product but he is clearly not motivated or interested as you just wouldn't put up with this if you did.

Stevie Reid
30-03-2014, 03:00 PM

From what I understand when TB & MM were appointed he demanded and ordered the players to hit long balls into the corners including all age groups within the academy, now, whether or not he got lucky with ICT and their players found a way to play football over and above this, I don't know. But for me I don't believe he has any intention to play pass and go fitba in the very near future if ever.

Secondly, in my experience one the oldest trick's in the book is to motivate and manage what you've got until such times as you can either replace them or perhaps turn one or two of them around but what you don't do is publicly ram them and then expect them to deliver, history generally tells you thay this doesn't work

Thirdly, leadership, leadership is not management, leadership is something you naturally have or you don't. TB seems to talk a game and I could imagine RP getting all gooy eyed with TB waffling sales spin but the reality is he has shown NOTHING since he arrived to convince me he can manage players and get the best out of them and lastly there is no leadership on and off the park. I believe leadership comes from the top and sadly something has to change and quick.

I need to renew my seasons by tomorrow for me and my kids but I tell you what, it's not because I expect to be entertained next season it's out of love my club and the quicker these imposters get out of my club the better. Some of these players are destined for the scrapheap and I personally think TB & MM will go before RP does and that is my problem - nobody is KICKING RP's erchie.

RP is measured by the figures and not the product. But we continue to buy into the product but he is clearly not motivated or interested as you just wouldn't put up with this if you did.

Renewed on Friday, but couldn't be less enthused about next season.

The Harp Awakes
30-03-2014, 03:05 PM

Totally inexplicable. We can't score goals and didn't look like scoring all afternoon and Heffernan gets zero game time. I genuinely don't think either TB or MM have a clue. The run of results we are experiencing is purely down to poor management, team selection and tactics. They are going to get us relegated at this rate.

Monts
30-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Does anyone have an explanation for why, when we are trailing, and hearts have been time wasting since the fifth minute, why did we make two separate substitutions 2 minutes apart??!

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I honestly believe that if we had set out our youth squad today, we would have taken the game to this lot.

He's shuffling around with the same "pros", when it's clear that they can't play in any formation with any tactics.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Aye let's sack him in the morning and bring in yet another manager.

We can even have another transitional period if we're lucky. It's been at least a couple of weeks since we last had one so I'm sure it's overdue.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 03:40 PM

then they should show some professional pride and make him eat his words

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I am seriously worried.
I am Serious and worried ,it's a bad combination .:confused:

carnoustiehibee
30-03-2014, 03:45 PM
From watching the game pretty much pitch side today the thing that stood out was the terrible decision making,speed of thought and awareness from Forwards in the 1st half and the defenders in the 2nd. There's not much communication between players and lack of basic ****in ability to keep the ball.

The other thing that baffled me was Butchers team selection. We didn't have to win today,just make sure we didn't get beat but playing Mcgivern,Nelson,Colllins and Taiwo scuppers those chances.

Why does hammil get away with being a little baldy **** every ****in derby and nobody does anything.

Davy Mac
30-03-2014, 03:47 PM
then they should show some professional pride and make him eat his words

Ken what you mean but unfortunately half of them are not very professional and some of them can't be bothered with the hassle when you are on £1k-£2k per week when they could get that somewhere else when the expectation is far less.

But you would have thought one or two might have stepped up to the mark!

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:48 PM
From watching the game pretty much pitch side today the thing that stood out was the terrible decision making,speed of thought and awareness from Forwards in the 1st half and the defenders in the 2nd. There's not much communication between players and lack of basic ****in ability to keep the ball.

The other thing that baffled me was Butchers team selection. We didn't have to win today,just make sure we didn't get beat but playing Mcgivern,Nelson,Colllins and Taiwo scuppers those chances.

Why does hammil get away with being a little baldy **** every ****in derby and nobody does anything.

If Butcher has 'lost the dressing room' then poor show.

He has hardly got them on board with his comments, but they needed to be said.

The fault is SQUARELY at the door of the players.

Man up or go.

Centre Hawf
30-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Guys don't slate Butcher please. Remember this is Fenlons fault apparently.

erskine-hibby
30-03-2014, 03:50 PM
He knows enough to know we need a clear out...but so do we all.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I honestly believe that if we had set out our youth squad today, we would have taken the game to this lot.

He's shuffling around with the same "pros", when it's clear that they can't play in any formation with any tactics.
It's tempting to believe that but there young players have gained in experience in the first team over the season What Locke brown and Robertson did today was get a formation that they knew would cause us problems and instil a belief and desire in players that they could go out and win the game .T B appears to have lost that ,with no sign he will turn it around ,so does he introduce young,ayers now to try something different .
If he had started with With the team that he had once he made all substitutions would we have done any better ? it's all if butts and Maybe s . But to me he is getting tactics and team wrong and it's costing us big style

Scorrie
30-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Butcher seemed to have done something right in his first few games but now he looks pretty clueless to be honest . Can't believe I am saying this about another manager

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 03:54 PM
He's got 6 games left to keep us up and away from the playoffs and show us he knows what he is going.

Relegation = prepare yourself for some nasty scenes and it would be FATAL for the club.

From starting out ok - we have seriously got worse - needs to seriously stop the rot - worryingly we are running out of games and not sure if we have the bottle to stay up.

We are lacking a style of play and losing at the same time is a serious recipe for abuse from the fans.

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 03:55 PM
He knew what he was doing at Inverness he said when he arrived at how pleased he was with the quality he had inherited initial results were good but 2 wins this year and with the form deteriorating he better start getting reults ASAP.

If we go down i think he would walk before Petrie emptied him.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2014, 03:58 PM
No. Making so many changes two weeks in a row points to that. Maybury? Maybury Ffs! When did he last even play a game? What now that he's suspended for the Aberdeen game? Malpas at right back?

Alfred E Newman
Aye let's sack him in the morning and bring in yet another manager.

We can even have another transitional period if we're lucky. It's been at least a couple of weeks since we last had one so I'm sure it's overdue.

Better now than half way through next season. Given the way he has made the current team worse with one window I would not trust him to transform the team during the next one.

emerald green
Regarding all of the posts above, yet we proclaimed Butcher & Malpas as if they were the messiah and his best mate. How wrong can you be? I hope they prove me and everyone wrong, for the sake of our once great club. It's not looking good at the moment though, but it's absolutely vital we are not relegated. That would be a disaster for the club.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Better now than half way through next season. Given the way he has made the current team worse with one window I would not trust him to transform the team during the next one.

And bring in who exactly?

If yet another manager is sacked or leaves under a cloud, after having less than two years in charge, I'm done with going to watch Hibs until Petrie, Farmer and everyone else at the top of the club is out.

He's been here for 4 months. No I'm not happy with how we're playing at the moment and yes I would probably agree with those who say that we're now worse than we were at the start of the season. But we need stability at the club and in many ways, I don't think we can afford for Butcher to be a failure.

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:09 PM
What I am frustrated about is the ability to put together tactics / a team that should be doing better and playing to their potential.

We say they are Fenlons players but even Fenlons players seemed to do better - surely Butcher could get more out of them.

I want Butcher to do well but currently he's self destructing. This is not the time in the season to experiment - we need points badly and I am worried that players aren't playing for him fully and he doesn't have a plan A or even B!

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
But that cash needs to come from revenue streams and since we lost our way against Dundee United at tannadice we have been poor for the most part .crowds down out cup early so what was promised might not be deliverable now especially if season tickets drop which they will now .What was that team that drew 2 2 with United ,can someone look and see Craig was on form and scored two I think ,Cairney and Robertson were they there in team? if so that's three players that were not in Team today .the January transfer window players haven't made huge impact in terms of turning things around So what does he do turn to youth ,revert back to team that went on that unbeaten run or mix and match the two Time is of the essence and that brings pressure and it's showing on our players faces and in a Performances .So if he doesn't do something different it's hard to see how he can turn things around .we appear to be relying that all teams below us can't get passed us and that's no longer a given if we can't pick up points ourselves .

scoopyboy
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
No. Making so many changes two weeks in a row points to that. Maybury? Maybury Ffs! When did he last even play a game? What now that he's suspended for the Aberdeen game? Malpas at right back?

Six changes from last Saturday.

He will probably make another six for the Aberdeen game.

He needs to pick a team and keep changes to a minimum for the rest of the season.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Regarding all of the posts above, yet we proclaimed Butcher & Malpas as if they were the messiah and his best mate. How wrong can you be? I hope they prove me and everyone wrong, for the sake of our once great club. It's not looking good at the moment though, but it's absolutely vital we are not relegated. That would be a disaster for the club.
Agree with your last point .

GreenCastle
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM

He needs to pick a team and keep changes to a minimum for the rest of the season.

:agree:

Lack of competition for places / unsure of his best 11 / left with players he doesn't trust sees us where we are.

A settled side will get points - constant changing and unbalanced teams and we will keep coming away with 0 points.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
And bring in who exactly?

If yet another manager is sacked or leaves under a cloud, after having less than two years in charge, I'm done with going to watch Hibs until Petrie, Farmer and everyone else at the top of the club is out.

He's been here for 4 months. No I'm not happy with how we're playing at the moment and yes I would probably agree with those who say that we're now worse than we were at the start of the season. But we need stability at the club and in many ways, I don't think we can afford for Butcher to be a failure.

I agree but if Butcher takes us from the top half of the league to relegation contenders then that is failure in my book.
The football is terrible to watch and I just don't have confidence that he will bring in players to change it.

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 04:26 PM

Why no Heffernan scoopy ? It goes beyond football reasons now surely ?

And whilst I know the 20's have the league of their own to win, for me Andy Black has to come in at right back, and we need to play 2 strikers up front.

Minute I saw the confirmed team today my heart sank and I knew a loss was inevitable. Butcher carries the can for the loss today - I'm past blaming players as you could simply cast blame on a whole squad there's been that many selections.

A manager who comes out in the media afterwards and says 'I've left the players doing the talking in the dressing room, I've been waiting a while for them to do that'......what the **** !!!!!

matty_f
30-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I think there are serious questions about Butcher so far, but he hasn't exactly had his troubles to seek since coming to Hibs.

Injuries to players like Heffernan, Robertson, Hanlon, Watmore, Thomson, Nelson, Mcgivern plus suspensions and players not hitting form (Harris) has made getting a settled team very difficult and even more difficult to try and drop players who aren't performing well enough.

Other teams have injuries and suspensions as well, but I can't think of a side that's had as much to deal with as we have.

southsider
30-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Perhaps he just got lucky with ICT but he record them apart is not great. The football, if you could call it that, is just horrible...... and we dropping like a stone. We shall, i believe, ovoid the drop y the skin of out teeth but then Butcher should just go. He is just Fenlon with a better PR.

dchibs
30-03-2014, 04:46 PM

why would he walk away,he knows it was a challenge and will see it through he will have the summer transfer window to get things wright hopefully but I don't think he will walk away.

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 04:49 PM
It doesn't look like it from the stands.

No tactics, poor team selection, time wasting substitutions.

What is he actually doing at training?

Hoof! Good question.

He has done the impossible and made a bad team worse.And replace them with what?

I watched the game today dumbstruck, what is going on at ER? Something is VERY wrong, and whether it is Terry's management or the players can't play under him- we the fans need to know.
Now, players don't get worse so something is going on. I wish someone would let us know.

I'll always be a Hibs fan but I'm loosing the will to live watching this latest cr*p on show. I need to know it will get better. Me too

He wrote off some of the better quality players in this squad a long time ago, and it's cost us.

The last time we had a wee bit of momentum going was after we drew with Killie and beat Ross County, with Taiwo and Stanton in midfield - we weren't brilliant, but played some decent stuff and created things in the final third. Then he brought Craig back in against Dundee Utd and everything fell apart again. Did Taiwo and Stanton not play today ?

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Ken what you mean but unfortunately half of them are not very professional and some of them can't be bothered with the hassle when you are on £1k-£2k per week when they could get that somewhere else when the expectation is far less.

But you would have thought one or two might have stepped up to the mark!

for the crowds we get we seriously must be THEE biggest underachievers(on the park) in scottish football, somethings just not right at HFC(no kidding huh), we are also probably one of the most expensive to watch as well, i've never been one for the 'speculate to accumulate' model but petrie really has to open the purse strings in the summer and do just that, he made a huge gamble/investment with the new management team and now he is going to have to match that for players with better quality than the crap we seem to pick up at the end of each window, unfortunately two of the three of TB's loan players in january have been a big let-down(boating and Haynes)

DH1875
30-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Guys don't slate Butcher please. Remember this is Fenlons fault apparently.

I wanted Fenlon out as much as anyone but do uou know what, I doubt we'd be in this position if he had stayed :(

Monts
30-03-2014, 10:36 PM
I wanted Fenlon out as much as anyone but do uou know what, I doubt we'd be in this position if he had stayed :(

Unfortunately I think you're right. The uncertain ness of what team would actually turn up was better than knowing it's the losing team turning up.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 10:39 PM

Sadly have to agree.

Hibby 2005
30-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Very defensive team selection. Men playing boys and Butcher ****s himself.

Pete
30-03-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure he does know what to do with these players.

I can live with that because he knows what to do with his own players who want to play for him though.

It's all about scraping over the line and waiting for next season and some new recruits.

Unseen work
31-03-2014, 12:20 AM
The fact we battered them 2nd half makes me think yes and I am 100% confident he will sort us out properly in the summer. We are a mess and it will take time.

We have a lot of players who are too similar and look very flat all the time.

Butcher will bring a mix of hard working Athletic playerS, ones who have vision and I'm guessing will adapt the 4-2-3-1 formAtion

He knows the defence is a shambles but he doesn't have much options.

People keep saying chuck all the youngsters in, terry knows the way we've been of late could break them if they get in And make a Mistake , especially now that the play off spot is very realistic

HKhibby
31-03-2014, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry these players have a lot to answer for as well as Butcher.

The whole lot management and players are cowards.

Yes you are right the players are a lot to answer for! They are left over from Fenlon, however Butcher should have made an impact with them even though most of them do not fit into his plans, and the biggest mistake he made was telling them that! This is why we find ourselves in the position we are in with defeats to rubbish like hearts!
Hearts will be gone soon anyway into the division they deserve to be in for all the mis-management and cheating they have done over the last few years, infact they should be in championship 2 because of the administration! But that is another topic.
I think the time to judge Butcher and Malpas is next season when he brings his own players in

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 02:54 AM

Thank Donald Duck

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Butcher is like a surgeon who wants to take a saw and a scalpel to the patient but is only allowed to heal with ointment and a bandage until the summer.

Niffy
31-03-2014, 03:00 AM
The fact we battered them 2nd half makes me think yes and I am 100% confident he will sort us out properly in the summer. We are a mess and it will take time.

Butcher will bring a mix of hard working Athletic playerS, ones who have vision and I'm guessing will adapt the 4-2-3-1 formAtion

People keep saying chuck all the youngsters in, terry knows the way we've been of late could break them if they get in And make a Mistake , especially now that the play off spot is very realistic

Dream on. No decent player will sign for Hibs.

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Thomson should start Butcher is clueless

J-C
31-03-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure he does know what to do with these players.

I can live with that because he knows what to do with his own players who want to play for him though.

It's all about scraping over the line and waiting for next season and some new recruits.

Instead of getting the players to work for him and playing to their strengths, he's alienated a lot of players and it looks like many are just wishing to leave as soon as possible. We have the players to play in a 4-2-3-1 system but he's yet to actually play this. Craig as a holding mid, leaving out Thomson for so long, the constant shuffling of players, keeping faith with players like McGivern/Nelson etc

Coco Bryce
31-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I can't see The Rangers wanting TB to lead them into the Premiership now :greengrin

Killiehibbie
31-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I know what he's doing, making sure I don't waste any more time or money watching that garbage.

lucky
31-03-2014, 07:51 AM
The vast majority of us wanted TB and were delighted we got him. Yesterday we were poor in the 1st half but dominated the 2cd. Forster goal would have changed the game and the attitude on this board.

As for the players, they are playing for a contract, whilst it might not be at Hibs they are still playing to get picked up.

KT is undoubtably a good footballer but has no pace and slows the game down. Heff has look slow and cumbersome since he returned from injury. As fans we demand players be dropped whilst in the team then we want them brought back in when forget the reason they were dropped.

It's not time to panic, let's get this season over with then start moving on

matty_f
31-03-2014, 08:28 AM
The vast majority of us wanted TB and were delighted we got him. Yesterday we were poor in the 1st half but dominated the 2cd. Forster goal would have changed the game and the attitude on this board.

As for the players, they are playing for a contract, whilst it might not be at Hibs they are still playing to get picked up.

KT is undoubtably a good footballer but has no pace and slows the game down. Heff has look slow and cumbersome since he returned from injury. As fans we demand players be dropped whilst in the team then we want them brought back in when forget the reason they were dropped.

Very good post imho.

Butcher had shown that he knows what he's doing, I think though that he may have either underestimated the job at Hibs, or he's misjudged his approach with the players and is having to either dig his heels in and not back down, or he's trying to build some bridges now.

The big worry for me is that he is losing a lot of goodwill from the fans. Hibs need everyone in it together for these final few games to ensure we stay top of the bottom 6. I'm not sure we can say that about us now.

greenpaper55
31-03-2014, 08:34 AM
for the crowds we get we seriously must be THEE biggest underachievers(on the park) in scottish football, somethings just not right at HFC(no kidding huh), we are also probably one of the most expensive to watch as well, i've never been one for the 'speculate to accumulate' model but petrie really has to open the purse strings in the summer and do just that, he made a huge gamble/investment with the new management team and now he is going to have to match that for players with better quality than the crap we seem to pick up at the end of each window, unfortunately two of the three of TB's loan players in january have been a big let-down(boating and Haynes)

Well said, when you think about it Petrie will speculate to accumulate on infrastructure but not on the playing staff, we have a mortgage on the east and i don't see it playing a "blinder" every home game !. He has got things arse for elbow as regards the football side of things, it must change now.

J-C
31-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Funny how when KT came on we suddenly looked like a team capable of getting something out the game, he at least had some vision when it came to passing the ball and in fact was the one driving us forward along with young Harris, funny how people miss seeing that. :confused:

Monts
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Even more questions need asked tonight!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't think he is the man tbh, early doors I know but his tactics and team selection are appaling. 1 up top at home? LOL. Would have been better off sticking with PF or appointing McCinnes or McCall.

OsloHibs
07-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Has he done an after interview? Got a link if he has?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Has he done an after interview? Got a link if he has?

http://audioboo.fm/boos/2055745-terry-butcher-talks-to-hibernian-tv-s-keith-reid-after-tonight-s-defeat-to-aberdeen-at-easter-road

Sammy7nil
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM

Eh !!!!!!! Really what game did you watch we did not have ONE effort at goal :confused:Battered them LOL I bet the Dons wish they could be battered like that every week

Cool_Hand_Luke
07-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Eh !!!!!!! Really what game did you watch we did not have ONE effort at goal :confused:Battered them LOL I bet the Dons wish they could be battered like that every week

Think that quote was for the Hearts game...no way could anyone say we battered Aberdeen tonight :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM

that post was from last week, having said that...i simply can't think of ANY team that we have 'battered' recently

Sir David Gray
07-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Think that quote was for the Hearts game...no way could anyone say we battered Aberdeen tonight :agree:

I've tried to erase it from my memory bank but I couldn't say I recall us battering Hearts last week at any point either.

We had a perfectly good goal chopped off, certainly, but I don't remember MacDonald having too much to do throughout the 90 minutes.

Cool_Hand_Luke
07-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I've tried to erase it from my memory bank but I couldn't say I recall us battering Hearts last week at any point either.

We had a perfectly good goal chopped off, certainly, but I don't remember MacDonald having too much to do throughout the 90 minutes.

We battered them more than we battered Aberdeen...but yes...i would agree it was far from a battering :agree:

matty_f
07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
I think Butcher's struggling just now because there are only a couple of players in that dressing room that he can rely on for a performance. There are also, IMHO, people at the club (senior players) who are happy to undermine him and are causing problems.

He's also had to deal with missing players through injury and the combination of those factors is leading to him having to chop and change the first team on a match by match basis.

We're in big trouble, Butcher can only really hope that there's enough professional pride in the squad that they won't want to be part of a team that gets relegated. Most of the players know they're on their way out. If they play well enough over the next 5 matches they might get a decent move, if they don't then Hibs are the biggest club they'll ever play for.

Butcher will hopefully get his own team in through the summer window, and if he does that and we're still producing performances and runs of poor results like we're seeing just now, he'll be hounded.

At the moment, I think he's trying as many different things as he can to try and get a win, but it's not happening for him.

He needs to get a break from somewhere though, everything's going against him at the moment, from goals not being given to players getting injured in the warm-up.

eggbamyasi
07-04-2014, 11:40 PM
I think Butcher's struggling just now because there are only a couple of players in that dressing room that he can rely on for a performance. There are also, IMHO, people at the club (senior players) who are happy to undermine him and are causing problems.

He's also had to deal with missing players through injury and the combination of those factors is leading to him having to chop and change the first team on a match by match basis.

We're in big trouble, Butcher can only really hope that there's enough professional pride in the squad that they won't want to be part of a team that gets relegated. Most of the players know they're on their way out. If they play well enough over the next 5 matches they might get a decent move, if they don't then Hibs are the biggest club they'll ever play for.

Butcher will hopefully get his own team in through the summer window, and if he does that and we're still producing performances and runs of poor results like we're seeing just now, he'll be hounded.

At the moment, I think he's trying as many different things as he can to try and get a win, but it's not happening for him.

He needs to get a break from somewhere though, everything's going against him at the moment, from goals not being given to players getting injured in the warm-up.

Agree

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk