PDA

View Full Version : rebuild?

chrisski33
30-03-2014, 02:01 PM
can we seriously afford (money wise) to rebuild the team? we need to rebuild but have we the money?

overdrive
30-03-2014, 02:10 PM
How many times are we going to have to do this though? A year down the line from now, we'll have probably sacked another manager and so the cycle begins again. It's just not sustainable. I don't have a scoobie how we get out of this cycle mind you!

Michael
30-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Other sides who have spent far less than us have far better teams than us. Butcher built one of these sides.

Also, look at Motherwell. Their team seems to get ripped apart every year...yet they still rebuild and are consistently in the mix for europe.

So yes, we can afford to rebuild the team.

WestEndHibee
30-03-2014, 02:15 PM
How many times are we going to have to do this though? A year down the line from now, we'll have probably sacked another manager and so the cycle begins again. It's just not sustainable. I don't have a scoobie how we get out of this cycle mind you!

IMO we've got to make a decision as a club to adopt the old approach again. Stick with ball on the floor attacking football from youth right up to the first team. It will take years still to achieve that in a sustainable way but I imagine us as fans would be more understanding if we could see that they're at least trying to play the right way.

down-the-slope
30-03-2014, 02:25 PM
making space to start the rebuild will be the hardest bit......

Humo
30-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Williams - stay
Stanton - stay
Harris - stay
Handling - stay
Forster - stay
Hanlon - stay

The rest can stay the **** away from my football club!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Williams is offski mate.

woody47
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Easy. Sell of the pink elephant called east mains because we obviously dont use it. What a ferking waste of money thats been. Use the money to buy some football players and get rid of the dross we have. Then train down in Gullane.

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 02:32 PM
can we seriously afford (money wise) to rebuild the team? we need to rebuild but have we the money?

I think the question actually should be, "can Hibs afford NOT to rebuild the team, and rebuild it properly?"

We are a club heading in only one direction, and it aint anywhere rosy. If the people that run Hibs care at all about the club and the fans, they'll bite the bullet and back Butcher in the summer. There are currently only 2 or 3 players that should stay, so it's going to take some re-building.

neil7908
30-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Williams - stay
Stanton - stay
Harris - stay
Handling - stay
Forster - stay
Hanlon - stay

Haven't seen enough from Handling to convince me he's got what it takes to be a consistently quality SPL player. He may well be worth another year to see how he fairs once Butcher has got his own players in but if he was to be released I wouldn't be too concerned.

I'd keep the rest as well but to be truthful, the only one who has looked genuinely good this season is Stanton.

WestEndHibee
30-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Haven't seen enough from Handling to convince me he's got what it takes to be a consistently quality SPL player. He may well be worth another year to see how he fairs once Butcher has got his own players in but if he was to be released I wouldn't be too concerned.

I'd keep the rest as well but to be truthful, the only one who has looked genuinely good this season is Stanton.

We don't have any consistently quality spl players. I'd sooner have the young guys in personally, see how they fit within a team designed to play to their strengths.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-03-2014, 02:45 PM
IMO we've got to make a decision as a club to adopt the old approach again. Stick with ball on the floor attacking football from youth right up to the first team. It will take years still to achieve that in a sustainable way but I imagine us as fans would be more understanding if we could see that they're at least trying to play the right way.

I agree. I'm not one for the "playing the Hibs way" mantra and would, frankly, accept hoofball if it got us results but it doesn't. If we're going to keep losing, we might as well keep losing trying to play football.

Options in order of preference:
1. Play attractive football and win
2. Play hoofball and win
3. Play, or at least try to play, attractive football and lose
4. Play hoofball and lose.

Guess which option we appear to be going with at the moment. :rolleyes:

Hibs90
30-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Am I the only person who wouldn't keep a single one of them?

First half was shocking and second half a bit better but the players aren't the standard required to carry out the job. Every single one of them. We need to spend in the summer or we are ****ed for next season.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 03:14 PM
We'll not be 're-building'; we'll be 'building for life in a lower league, and a long life at that

Onceinawhile
30-03-2014, 03:26 PM

1 goal in his last 26 league appearance.

sesoim
30-03-2014, 04:07 PM

YES. Butcher's wage budget was around £800k a year at Inverness. It'll be about four times that at Hibs. If Butcher can do this summer what he did at Inverness, we could easily be top three next year.

I just hope that's 3rd in the SPL!

sesoim
30-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Other sides who have spent far less than us have far better teams than us. Butcher built one of these sides.

Also, look at Motherwell. Their team seems to get ripped apart every year...yet they still rebuild and are consistently in the mix for europe.

So yes, we can afford to rebuild the team.

:agree:

sleeping giant
30-03-2014, 04:11 PM

We can't afford not to.

sesoim
30-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Williams - stay
Stanton - stay
Harris - stay
Handling - stay
Forster - stay
Hanlon - stay

I'd agree with Stanton, Forster and Harris. For me, Handling is nowhere near good enough, although Butcher may decide he is worth keeping another year and maybe putting out on loan to see if he can step up.

I think we need to sign two CBs this summer, so for me that means Hanlon will either be cover, or he'll have to move position, and personally I'd put him in central midfield as I think he'd be a lot better there.

There's a handful of other players who could MAYBE do a job if we bring the right players in beside them, but I don't think Butcher will be rushing to renew any of their contracts.