PDA

View Full Version : What the **** does this football club have to offer me?

Juice-Terry
30-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Embarrassment only.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Embarrassment only.

Let us dowm again. I am absolutely disgusted!

hhibs
30-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Embarrassment only.

So true,is there no end to this *****.

This is just the longest running nightmare in Hibernian history ,well at least for the fifty plus years I have supported them.

SteveHFC
30-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Let us dowm again. I am absolutely disgusted!

This

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 01:58 PM
It was the Raith game that done it for me- that was the complete lowest point as a Hibs fan. Sadly, I expected the worst today.. that kinda says it all really. So fed up this year- there is NOTHING to look forward too

SaulGoodman
30-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Nothing. Not even embarrassment at this stage

SkintHibby
30-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Im not from Edinburgh and I never chose Hibs because they were good.

I chose Hibs because they are not Rangers Celtic or Hearts.

Brightside
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Ive been saying all season that far too many fans care more about seeing Hearts going down. I don't give a ***** about Hearts. I care about my team. and they are a shambles from the very top all the way through that team.

matty_f
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
The players, bar a couple of them, are cowards. You'd get more fight playing a team of eleven Ghandis.

Scottie
30-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Im not from Edinburgh and I never chose Hibs because they were good.

I chose Hibs because they are not Rangers Celtic or Hearts.

Your a lucky lad I'm a Hibs fan because my cousins beat the crap out of me when I was a kid.It's the Hibs way :wink:

Michael
30-03-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll be over the moon if we don't go down. This is sort of positive if it happens.

Greenblood70
The players, bar a couple of them, are cowards. You'd get more fight playing a team of eleven Ghandis.

This and the fact that some of them lack even the most basic of qualities to play their positions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boyle89
Question. When was the last time any of us felt confident or happy to be attending a hibs game? I honestly can't remember. It's been years....

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 02:10 PM
alan preston asking tom english why everyone points the finger at all our managers, we sold 10million worth of players and replaced them with nothing, can't see anything wrong with that, preston also amazed at the amount of hibs fans he knows who were ST holders and are not going back, he shouldn't be that surprised...we are getting systematically beaten into submission as each season passes, hibs fans lost to our club forever

Gmack7
A lifetime of 1 high every 15 years with the rest being abject failure and misery

bobbyhibs1983
sharing alot of the feelings the posters have stated so far. but unless hibs as a club make a huge and i mean a huge commintment to change,i think its gonna be like this next season too and it ll keep on and on going over and over the same old feelings and the same old situations which we have expericend recently.

the title of the thread what can the club offer you ?(i know i ve missed a naughty word out) well i think like alot of fans, who are embarrassed annoyed, worse than annoyed and whatever bad,negitive feeling you are feeling, i DO NOT think the club WILL offer you anything and sadly this is what annoys no end.

Oh by the way will you buy a few season tickets for next season ?:na na:

Paperboy
30-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Ive been saying all season that far too many fans care more about seeing Hearts going down. I don't give a ***** about Hearts. I care about my team. and they are a shambles from the very top all the way through that team.

Spot on. I remember when Scotland beat France (Cauldwell's goal) right after it the England game kicked off and England lost a goal (can't remember if England ended up getting beat.)

Anyway when England lost a goal the celebrations were as wild as when Scotland scored. At that point it hit me - we were celebrating the failure of our closest rivals more than celebrating our own success.

The thing with Hibs is now we have nothing to celebrate and that's why we've taken even more delight in the demise of Herts. **** it. Time for Hibs fans to start concentrating on Hibs!

I'm sure it was the House Of Pain who had a song that started with the sample "the time has come for everyone to dig up their own back yard before they go knocking on their neighbours door..."

Start ******g digging!

Rant over. Back to the beer.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 02:13 PM
TB, it's scandalous why our goal was chalked off...

Speedway
30-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Nothing's going to change. This is what Hibs do, they are superb at it.

One day the Yams will shaft us 0-8 and we'll not even be able to say 'ha but 41 years ago....'

hibbymick
30-03-2014, 02:17 PM
As long as the books are balancing everything is cooshtie :wink:

blindsummit
30-03-2014, 02:17 PM
alan preston asking tom english why everyone points the finger at all our managers, we sold 10million worth of players and replaced them with nothing, can't see anything wrong with that, preston also amazed at the amount of hibs fans he knows who were ST holders and are not going back, he shouldn't be that surprised...we are getting systematically beaten into submission as each season passes, hibs fans lost to our club forever

Exactly, that kind of damage is very difficult to repair. We seem to be systematically driving out the passion, ambition and fun from being a Hibs fan.

How long before we get down to average crowds of 3-4 thousand. is that what you want ROD?

You know, they say that a lot of lower division chairmen actively fear their clubs getting promoted as they don't want the expectation that goes with that coupled with the spending that is required to compete at a higher level.

Cynically, if I was Rod, might not that be a tempting philosophy? Drive the club down to permanent bottom six status, with mid-table mediocrity at best, then no goals, objectives and spending required, and a lot less annoying fans to worry about at the AGM.

Low expectations are a lot easier to handle than having actual stretching objectives like say, qualifying for Europe or winning cups.

southsider
30-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Leigh was at the game. If Petrie had a man at all instead of a god dam mouse he would have been on the pitch.

Cropley10
30-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Hearts have beaten us 3 times this season already. Shameful.

Speedway
30-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Hearts have beaten us 3 times this season already. Shameful.

How many have they win total?

truehibernian
30-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Nothing's going to change. This is what Hibs do, they are superb at it.

One day the Yams will shaft us 0-8 and we'll not even be able to say 'ha but 41 years ago....'

This sadly is true, nothing will change. Tom Farmer and Rod are in with the bricks and simply won't change - Hibs as a result will never be successful regularly or in the long run. They have no concept of the game and don't 'love' the game.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Exactly, that kind of damage is very difficult to repair. We seem to be systematically driving out the passion, ambition and fun from being a Hibs fan.

How long before we get down to average crowds of 3-4 thousand. is that what you want ROD?

You know, they say that a lot of lower division chairmen actively fear their clubs getting promoted as they don't want the expectation that goes with that coupled with the spending that is required to compete at a higher level.

Cynically, if I was Rod, might not that be a tempting philosophy? Drive the club down to permanent bottom six status, with mid-table mediocrity at best, then no goals, objectives and spending required, and a lot less annoying fans to worry about at the AGM.

Low expectations are a lot easier to handle than having actual stretching objectives like say, qualifying for Europe or winning cups.

if i was a conspiracy theorist, i would be convinced he want's us down in the championship next season, decent crowds against the big buns and little buns instead of one/two home games against sellick in the top flight :wink:

sven nil
30-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Embarrassment only.And low quality football mate.

bobbyhibs1983
30-03-2014, 02:27 PM

wow very intresting points and well its not something i have thought or given any thought about really.
The worst thing is it would seem alot of fans and players might wanna lower there expectations now though i do not think there is anything good about that.
I think whatever we do , as a club we should aim for number 1, as being the best,though as they say being number 1 is hard work but staying number 1 is much harder.

I do wonder what our owner,chairman, players and fans expect now? accept beign just average or wanting to be the best and or being better?

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-03-2014, 02:27 PM
What annoys me is that Butcher continues to play the duds every single week, FFS can't he see that McGivern and Nelson are ****ing useless? why the **** is he playing them week in week out and they let us down every time.

And I'm not just singling these 2 out either.

A total revamp of this team is required.

We will be lucky to get 7k on Friday against the sheep, and on this performance they will wipe the floor with us.

Worst team ever? well I think the one at the end of the 70s early 80s top this lot any day but this is now and we are seriously looking at following the above team down.

Gatecrasher
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM
At the moment? Absolute **** all, annoyed at myself for wasting more money,

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 02:35 PM
A lifetime of 1 high every 15 years with the rest being abject failure and misery A very fair assessment

As long as the books are balancing everything is cooshtie :wink:Sorry books have to balance over the medium term.

Leigh was at the game. If Petrie had a man at all instead of a god dam mouse he would have been on the pitch. If we had bought Leigh then, he would still be playing for Celtic - but admittedly we would have the profit and a healthier Balance sheet.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 02:48 PM
What annoys me is that Butcher continues to play the duds every single week, FFS can't he see that McGivern and Nelson are ****ing useless? why the **** is he playing them week in week out and they let us down every time.

And I'm not just singling these 2 out either.

A total revamp of this team is required.

We will be lucky to get 7k on Friday against the sheep, and on this performance they will wipe the floor with us.

Worst team ever? well I think the one at the end of the 70s early 80s top this lot any day but this is now and we are seriously looking at following the above team down.

Butcher chops and changes the team on a weekly basis yet McGivern is a fixture. What ever he is he is not a full back.
I have been following the Hibs for almost 60 years and the last few have been nothing short of embarrassing this season included . People I know shake their heads in astonishment when I tell them I still go along. I have renewed for next season and I hope Butcher is long gone by the start of it.

RickyS
30-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Butcher chops and changes the team on a weekly basis yet McGivern is a fixture. What ever he is he is not a full back.
I have been following the Hibs for almost 60 years and the last few have been nothing short of embarrassing this season included . People I know shake their heads in astonishment when I tell them I still go along. I have renewed for next season and I hope Butcher is long gone by the start of it.

i know its gonna sound like a rash decision, but even though i just renewed my season ticket yesterday, I am 95% sure im gonna cancel it and just pick and choose next season. im sick of renewing blindly every season only to be kicked in the baws over and over again. i just dont feel like i can justify it any more

emerald green
30-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Embarrassment only.

That, and lots of pain and disappointments. F*** it.

IWasThere2016
30-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Embarrassment only.

It's regular and reliable therefore.

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I said last year that I was watching the worst Hibs team in over 30 years,sadly we are now even worse again,i didn't think that was possible

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Disappointment with the odd humiliation thrown in.

You'd think we would be used to it by now.

dutchhibby
30-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Your a lucky lad I'm a Hibs fan because my cousins beat the crap out of me when I was a kid.It's the Hibs way :wink:

you should take revenge

Juice-Terry
30-03-2014, 04:01 PM
What can we do about it though? Seriously, something has to change soon. And drastically.

Criswell
30-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Disappointed today but not surprised. The culture of failure and under-achievement seems deeply ingrained in the club. I believe it goes back to when Petrie sold every quality player in the Mowbray team and declined to re-invest even a fraction of the proceeds into the playing side. He compounded that by employing a series of cheap option managers. Judging by the standard of players brought in by them, we can only assume that there was a strict wage ceiling in operation.

Having said that, perhaps Petrie is not the main problem. He is only accountable to Farmer. It could be that Petrie has to operate under certain parameters. The issue here is that Farmer has no interest in football and therefore does not understand football.

Under the present regime the club appears to drifting ever downwards. Let us face it, there is now a real possibility we could actually get relegated under present form. (is it 1 win in 13 now?) A club of our size in the Scottish game should not be flirting with relegation season afer season. Clubs with a fraction of our resources are consistently out-performing us, seem far better run, and I have to say far more professional.

In other words, we are suffering from what I believe to be chronic under-investment in the playing side. I know other clubs have over-invested and are now paying the consequences, but we have to find the correct balance. The present policy is just not working!

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Disappointed today but not surprised. The culture of failure and under-achievement seems deeply ingrained in the club. I believe it goes back to when Petrie sold every quality player in the Mowbray team and declined to re-invest even a fraction of the proceeds into the playing side. He compounded that by employing a series of cheap option managers. Judging by the standard of players brought in by them, we can only assume that there was a strict wage ceiling in operation.

Having said that, perhaps Petrie is not the main problem. He is only accountable to Farmer. It could be that Petrie has to operate under certain parameters. The issue here is that Farmer has no interest in football and therefore does not understand football.

Under the present regime the club appears to drifting ever downwards. Let us face it, there is now a real possibility we could actually get relegated under present form. (is it 1 win in 13 now?) A club of our size in the Scottish game should not be flirting with relegation season afer season. Clubs with a fraction of our resources are consistently out-performing us, seem far better run, and I have to say far more professional.

In other words, we are suffering from what I believe to be chronic under-investment in the playing side. I know other clubs have over-invested and are now paying the consequences, but we have to find the correct balance. The present policy is just not working!

We have invested far more than most other clubs in the league. How do they do it?

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 04:09 PM
We have invested far more than most other clubs in the league. How do they do it?

Agreed. The issue has actually been that the money has been badly invested. Our continual turnover of managers, and with it their own choice of players, has not been cheap. Those appointments were by Petrie/The Board, and they are the ones that have to shoulder the blame.

My feeling was that they had recognized this and pushed the boat out to get Butcher and Co on board. I was one of the people in favour of this but my faith has started to waiver. What I don't think we should do is re-start the merry go round again by getting rid of Butcher already.

7Hero
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Spot on. I remember when Scotland beat France (Cauldwell's goal) right after it the England game kicked off and England lost a goal (can't remember if England ended up getting beat.)

Anyway when England lost a goal the celebrations were as wild as when Scotland scored. At that point it hit me - we were celebrating the failure of our closest rivals more than celebrating our own success.

The thing with Hibs is now we have nothing to celebrate and that's why we've taken even more delight in the demise of Herts. **** it. Time for Hibs fans to start concentrating on Hibs!

I'm sure it was the House Of Pain who had a song that started with the sample "the time has come for everyone to dig up their own back yard before they go knocking on their neighbours door..."

Start ******g digging!

Rant over. Back to the beer.

Total rubbish...the point isn't how much we hate hearts, it's how **** we have become as a football club...

Bristolhibby
30-03-2014, 04:10 PM

They are not Hibs.

The culture at Hibs is Donald ducked.

Who the **** would want to ever play for us?

J

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2014, 04:19 PM
I renewed my season ticket yesterday but I'm sure a lot wont.

Its time to start turning up the heat on Tom Farmer ....... He owns this failure of a football club and my question is a simple one:

At what point is he going to take some responsibility for the utter failure of its core business? For a kick off I want to know what he gets out of owning the club ..... he saved the club for the community .... but that was over 20 years ago. So why more than 20 years down the line does this "non football fan" still own a football club? If it was to make the club a success he has failed at it.

Its time for Tom Farmer to make a public statement about what his aim is for the club ....... Not the boards aim, not Rod Petrie's aim, his aim, Sir Tom Farmer's aim ......... His continued never ending refusal to take any part in the club or say how he intends to make Hibs a success is an insult to us.

I don't want any anecdotes either about how Tom, Dick or Harry has spoken to good old Tom at some bloody function or other and how he had a tear in his eye when talking about the dear auld Hibees. If this man does have any emotional attachment to the club, if its lack of success does hurt him like it hurts us ............ I want to hear it from him FFS.

Oh and if I was to hire a plane to fly over ER like the Man Utd fans did yesterday at Old Trafford it would be dropping bombs, not pulling a bloody banner !!!

emerald green
30-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I renewed my season ticket yesterday but I'm sure a lot wont.

Its time to start turning up the heat on Tom Farmer ....... He owns this failure of a football club and my question is a simple one:

At what point is he going to take some responsibility for the utter failure of its core business? For a kick off I want to know what he gets out of owning the club ..... he saved the club for the community .... but that was over 20 years ago. So why more than 20 years down the line does this "non football fan" still own a football club? If it was to make the club a success he has failed at it.

Its time for Tom Farmer to make a public statement about what his aim is for the club ....... Not the boards aim, not Rod Petrie's aim, his aim, Sir Tom Farmer's aim ......... His continued never ending refusal to take any part in the club or say how he intends to make Hibs a success is an insult to us.

I don't want any anecdotes either about how Tom, Dick or Harry has spoken to good old Tom at some bloody function or other and how he had a tear in his eye when talking about the dear auld Hibees. If this man does have any emotional attachment to the club, if its lack of success does hurt him like it hurts us ............ I want to hear it from him FFS.

Oh and if I was to hire a plane to fly over ER like the Man Utd fans did yesterday at Old Trafford it would be dropping bombs, not pulling a bloody banner !!!

Well said. Agree with this. :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Embarrassment only.

Don't forget rage and anguish, mate. Right now it feels like it offers little else.

Paperboy
30-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Total rubbish...the point isn't how much we hate hearts, it's how **** we have become as a football club...

the point I was trying to make there's too much Herts this Herts that on here. We need to concentrate on ourselves now. Too much talk of the situation Herts are in and when we can relegate them while failing to notice the situation we're in. That's not rubbish

7Hero
30-03-2014, 06:38 PM
I was at the scotland game, believe me we celebrated more when Scotland scored...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mr White
30-03-2014, 06:43 PM
To paraphrase jfk, it's not what your club can do for you, it's what you can do for your club. Yes its pish right now but without the belief that better times are around the corner there really isn't a lot of point in following hibs. GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2014, 06:43 PM
A lifetime of 1 high every 15 years with the rest being abject failure and misery

Try being. Newcastle fan...

As as for the Op what do I expect the club to "offer me"?

Passion, commitment, professionalism something to take pride in.

Wighty76
30-03-2014, 07:58 PM
i know its gonna sound like a rash decision, but even though i just renewed my season ticket yesterday, I am 95% sure im gonna cancel it and just pick and choose next season. im sick of renewing blindly every season only to be kicked in the baws over and over again. i just dont feel like i can justify it any more

I was supposed to get my son and me our first season tickets this weekend but I still haven't bought them. The wee man can't wait for next season but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to muster up the same enthusiasm. He will get his but I am going to sleep on it before deciding to grab one or just PATG.

Its pretty disappointing to be honest. I have only been to one game this season and that was the Raith game. From what I saw at that game and from hearing peoples comments on here there seems to be very little on offer. Half of me wants to buy into the whole TBGWA thing and to help the club out but half of me thinks it's going to be a waste of time and money.

i can understand the reluctance of many previous diehards to stump up the dough after seeing the club continually fail to meet fans expectations. There are no easy answers to our troubles and it will take years to sort it out.