PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Mcgivern

7-Zip_Mike
30-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Has to be the worst player in scotland. Played like he couldn't give a and it showed.

Heisenberg
30-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Mchattie is better than him.

Juice-Terry
30-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I HATE Ryan McGivern.

Unseen work
30-03-2014, 01:52 PM
We need to sign Aaron Taylor sinclair from Partick

Greenblood70
30-03-2014, 01:52 PM
One of many including Nelson, Collins etc who have been criminally ***** for too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
30-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Just me then who thinks he didn't have a bad 2nd half?

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Just me then who thinks he didn't have a bad 2nd half?

Ryan has been Hibs weak link in defence for a long time. I hope he never pulls on a Hibs shirt again. I liked him as well but he's just picking up a wage and costing us goals.

Shearer
30-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Absolutely abysmal. To think he played a couple of games for the Man City first team is mind boggling

erin-go-bragh87
30-03-2014, 01:56 PM
There was much worse than him on the park today. Collins is embarrassing, Watmore is a coward and Michael Nelson is never a football player. Not sure why mcgivern's being singled out.

Brightside
30-03-2014, 01:58 PM
No McGivern is easily the worst. Get James to take the team next week and play all the u20s. This lot are rank rotten.

gaz1875
30-03-2014, 01:59 PM
McGivern has no confidence, never attacks the fullback, passing poor and ball watches consistently. Nothing like the player we first signed, but this is what happens at Hibs, anyone that starts well soon turns into the same dross as the players they replace.

Juice-Terry
30-03-2014, 02:00 PM
There was much worse than him on the park today. Collins is embarrassing, Watmore is a coward and Michael Nelson is never a football player. Not sure why mcgivern's being singled out.

Because he's ****ING *****?

erin-go-bragh87
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Because he's ****ING *****?

I'm not arguing with you on that pal!! I just mean there could be 11 of these threads for the players who played today. No one put on a performance worthy of the situation and opportunity we had to relegate them today!!

Boyle89
30-03-2014, 02:03 PM

Because he cost us the game perhaps? Just like he did in the 1st derby of the season and Motherwell away when we lost 1-0. A football game last 90mins. 90!!! He's lucky is he shows up for 45. As a defender if you fall asleep your going to cost your team points and that's what he's done AGAIN!!! Get shot of him. When I saw him take that throw in during the 1st half laughing I felt physically sick inside.

cabbage_88
30-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Absolute waste of a jersey. Don't care what anyone says, baptie cannot be possibly any worse than that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Has to be the worst player in scotland. Played like he couldn't give a and it showed.

He was hopeless today he knows he is out the door so is not trying a leg.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Joke of a player.

Only Collins 'performance' stops him getting the worst player award.

Chibs
30-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Watmore is a coward?
have a serious word with yourself

SneakersO'Toole
30-03-2014, 02:08 PM
He was blowing out his erchie after 20mins. That will be the Sunday afternoon drinking sessions down in Stockbridge catching up with him.

Big time Charlie who thinks he better than he is. Absolutely woeful!

blindsummit
30-03-2014, 02:11 PM
No McGivern is easily the worst. Get James to take the team next week and play all the u20s. This lot are rank rotten.

Absolutely correct. At the least they COULD NOT be any worse, than the current imposters pulling on a jersey. It is clear to even a blind man that most of the "senior" players either do not give a sheit, are woeful footballers or in some cases BOTH!

Show some balls Terry, drop these pampered losers and play the youngsters. I repeat, they COULD NOT be any worse, so there's nothing to lose.

At least they will show some passion, commitment and fight.

R'Albin
30-03-2014, 02:12 PM

And yet Watmore, one of the few half decent players on the pitch today, is worth singling out.

Forza Fred
30-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Watmore is a coward?
have a serious word with yourself

First time I have had a good long look at Whatmore.

won't call him names, but was thoroughly disappointed with himn.

If this is one of the 'gems' that Butcher's assistants allegedly spend hours and hours travelling the highways to uncover, then I think we'd be better off saving the petrol reimbursements.

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Both him and Nelson on contracts so will be here next season. Make the likes of Murdoch, Fulton, Elliot and McQuilkin seem like decent players.

AK86
30-03-2014, 02:18 PM
How you can single out one player out that utter dross for extra critisicism is a feat in itself.

it dosent really get any worse than that

Geo_1875
30-03-2014, 02:19 PM
McGivern is a centre half beiing played out of position. He also gets little or no cover from midfield. He wasn't great today but far from our worst player. I was more disappointed with our management team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Think that McGivern is in the category of Soares and Doherty. Kinda hint that they are really doing us a favour but when they get found out and just being from a big club Doon Sooth doesn't mean zip, then the script is like they were only kidding anyway and no that serious about playing.

J-C
30-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Both him and Nelson on contracts so will be here next season. Make the likes of Murdoch, Fulton, Elliot and McQuilkin seem like decent players.

Nelson only on a year deal I think

Cropley10
30-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Joke of a player.

Only Collins 'performance' stops him getting the worst player award.

When I heard Collins was playing I knew we'd lose. Like playing a man short.

Weststandwanab
30-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Nelson only on a year deal I think Colin Nish when he arrived and now progressed to single fish - roll on when he is gone.

Green Fish
30-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I nearly imploded with rage last week at Perth as mcgivern was so bad, how he is even near the 1st team is a total mystery and tb is accountable for that decision. He needs binned, get an u 20 in who wants to play and impress. If the laddie makes an error can't be any worse than rm, he's a disgrace

down-the-slope
30-03-2014, 02:30 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73910000/jpg/_73910877_ryan_mcgivern.jpg

Ryan - that's exactly how we feel watching you :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 02:31 PM
McGivern GTF.

Bayern Bru
30-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Only thing of note was that header that went just over early in the second half.

Not going to comment on his commitment, but he's just not good enough.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Nelson only on a year deal I think

Sadly Nelsons signed a 2 year deal which expires at the end of next season :boo hoo:

Del Boy
30-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Horrendous footballer, should be playing amateur at best.

J-C
30-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Sadly Nelsons signed a 2 year deal which expires at the end of next season :boo hoo:

You're having a ****ing laugh, who in their right minds would give that carthorse a 2 year deal :confused:

RIP
30-03-2014, 02:45 PM
We were his SIXTH loan club and (quelle surprise) we signed him on the evening of the last day on the transfer window. Presumably our first, second and third picks had slipped through our fingers?

Leicester City fans had a poor opinion 4 years ago - spot the Alan Maybury connection - nice one Alan:aok:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/65316-ryan-mcgivern/

Here is what Walsall fans had to say about Ryan in 2011

http://forum.web-fans.com/viewtopic.php?p=143012

Here is what Bristol Rovers fans were saying just before we signed him in 2012

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/146680-ryan-mcgivern/

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/154906-ryan-mcgivern/

Doesn't close a player down seems to be a common theme

lionrampant63
30-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Only thing of note was that header that went just over early in the second half.

Not going to comment on his commitment, but he's just not good enough.

agree totally with this,& neither are Nelson,Handling,Maybury

Devine
30-03-2014, 02:52 PM
McGivern is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen and his attitude matches his disgraceful performances an absolute shyster. It's actually difficult to single out players who are worse than horrendous but this clown and Nelsen deserve a special mention for being particularly horrendous...never want to see either of them in a hibs shirt again

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 02:54 PM
You're having a ****ing laugh, who in their right minds would give that carthorse a 2 year deal :confused:

:dunno::boo hoo:

dave62
30-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Liked him when he was on loan from Man City. Doesn't look half the player he was then.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 02:59 PM
First time I have had a good long look at Whatmore.

won't call him names, but was thoroughly disappointed with himn.

If this is one of the 'gems' that Butcher's assistants allegedly spend hours and hours travelling the highways to uncover, then I think we'd be better off saving the petrol reimbursements.

Thought that the first time I saw him against the mighty Raith Rovers. He reminded me of playground football matches many years ago where you just get the ball and take off in the direction of the goals and keep dribbling and falling over till you lose the ball. Ted McMinn the" tin man " came to mind.
I agree he could well be entertaining on a good day but not really what we were looking for in January. A direct winger like Pawlett or Hayes with a bit of pace and aggression about him would have helped.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 03:00 PM
He was blowing out his erchie after 20mins. That will be the Sunday afternoon drinking sessions down in Stockbridge catching up with him.

Agreed mate. His attitude absolutely stinks, and he's not the only one. Why do Hibernian FC seem to attract, or end up with such individuals? The list is endless. :grr:

Mark79
30-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Mcgivern isnt interested. Clear to see.

Slow and lazy and wins very little.

He can GTF

SteveHFC
30-03-2014, 03:27 PM
He is pish :agree:

DTS
30-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Get him so far tae ****!!!

Golden Bear
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM
His talents wouldn't be out of place in a Sunday morning amateur league and the same can be said for a few of his teammates.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2014, 03:34 PM
He needs to be dropped/released as soon as possible.

I don't want to see him anywhere near the first team next season but somehow I think he will still be here.

He's been poor for months, can't pass a ball to a Hibs player to save himself and offers us next to nothing going forward.

Bobby's Cinema
30-03-2014, 03:38 PM
He is the the worst offender in this squad and that says a lot about him.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Bollocks

EastCalderHibby
30-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Ryan has been Hibs weak link in defence for a long time. I hope he never pulls on a Hibs shirt again. I liked him as well but he's just picking up a wage and costing us goals.

like i said on another thread he was the ****s best player today f.....g useless

weonlywon6-2
30-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Hibs,were good at that

EastCalderHibby
30-03-2014, 03:53 PM
And yet Watmore, one of the few half decent players on the pitch today, is worth singling out.

laid a goal on a plate for a £200,000 striker that could'nt even hit the target

dastardly8
30-03-2014, 04:02 PM
He just looks utterly uninterested and clueless. He's not half the player he was when he was on loan from city. Don't know what goes through his mind most of the time.

GodisaHibee
30-03-2014, 04:05 PM
can't buy a pass, has no footballing skill what so ever as far as is evident.

dchibs
30-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Thought every pass by the back four was a punt or a bye kick for them if that was TB, instructions then it was bad management, improved in the second half but this style of play seems to be the norm week out week in we need to start playing as a football team in my opinion.

SunshineOnLeith
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Hearts realised he's the weak link and targeted him, and he duly obliged with an utterly honking performance. If we had a proper left back we'd have won (well, probably drawn 0-0 in truth) that game today. Don't we have a left back in the u20s who we can give a shot?

fife hfc
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
he is awful he never gets close to his opponent and just hoofs the ball forward. Please drop him as him and nelson are totally rank rotten.

sesoim
30-03-2014, 04:35 PM
McGivern was poor, but he is more noticeable when he is having bad game because of his appearance, and because he receives the ball so much and has to do other people's jobs. How often does he have to make runs down the wing and make crosses because Stevenson is hiding?

To me, the people we should really be getting at today are players who just wont take any responsibility. Stevenson, Taewo and Handling just don't do enough. Collins is terrified of getting a chance in case he misses again. And as for Maybury, it is an embarrassment that we signed someone so past it, never mind RE-SIGNED him.

GreenLake
30-03-2014, 04:40 PM
McGivern was honking. Worse that I have seen him and Butcher must have asked him to show a good reason for him not to be emptied in the summer. He should train for another career.

GlenrothesHibee
30-03-2014, 04:44 PM
The lad is dreadfull. Harsh but true

HH81
30-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Awful player. Looked like he fancied an early bath today!!!!!

DH1875
30-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Been saying it since last season. Guy is a joke of a footballer and should be no where near our first team.

Aldo
30-03-2014, 06:53 PM
McGivern was poor, but he is more noticeable when he is having bad game because of his appearance, and because he receives the ball so much and has to do other people's jobs. How often does he have to make runs down the wing and make crosses because Stevenson is hiding? To me, the people we should really be getting at today are players who just wont take any responsibility. Stevenson, Taewo and Handling just don't do enough. Collins is terrified of getting a chance in case he misses again. And as for Maybury, it is an embarrassment that we signed someone so past it, never mind RE-SIGNED him.

Really think Lewis hides. He should of been left back.

If you really think McGivern is this crap because he's covering for others then I ... Don't know what to say.

McGivern has been woeful for months and should be sitting alongside Craig on the bench or stands.

Hoofs the ball consistently. Was caught ball watching for their first goal.

Woeful player who puts others under pressure.

If he was any good then he would stand out but he doesn't.