PDA

View Full Version : Worse than under Fenlon.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 01:35 PM
As it says. I am done with these bunch of loosers.

The Falcon
30-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Cheerio.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Cheerio.

Bye, bye.

SeanWilson
30-03-2014, 01:39 PM

sleep it off pal.

SlickShoes
30-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Worse than our 1998 relegation team, so worst in my lifetime

The Harp Awakes
30-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong subs. Butcher and Malpas have lost the plot.

Greenblood70
30-03-2014, 01:41 PM

This, ****ing woeful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WestEndHibee

Dummy and Pram? :dummytit:

Cheerio if you really are off though. :panic:

The Falcon
Bye, bye.

You still here?

Gmack7
30-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Cheerio.
he makes a fair point ,that was ****ing shocking

Latapy1911
30-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Players are just not good enough, I'd sack them all apart from Stanton and Harris who I would keep for a few years training. Rest can go tomorrow!

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Shocking. No more words needed.

keep the faith
Fenlon built that team. He has put us back years.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
You still here?

:agree:

The Falcon
30-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Thought you were off?

7-Zip_Mike
30-03-2014, 01:45 PM
2 international (world class?) defenders couldn't organise a pub team. Substitutions too late, clueless and he can off along with the long and growing line of duds. Worst hertz team in living memory and we had 2 shots and 1 header at goal. Other than Stanton and Harris for his cameo 20 mins the rest can **** off. We are the worst team in the league.

GlasgowHibee
I'd agree with you.

Fenlon at least managed to motivate our incredibly average players. Now, we've still got these average players but they're not even trying their arse.

They had the chance to become Hibs legends today, they could've relegated the Yams on their own home turf. Instead, we got players aimlessly hoofing the ball to our most expensive player in recent years.

Brightside

But Terry put that team out today....there are 20 young boys that would have done better. To leave McGivern on that park today is almost criminal.

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 01:46 PM
I've no idea what his team selection and tactics were? One up front and I've defended Collins from day one but by god he's shocking.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Thought you were off?

Nah, just hacked off.

CalgaryHibs
30-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Well we're not the worst Jambos are ;)

cabbageandribs1875
But Terry put that team out today....there are 20 young boys that would have done better. To leave McGivern on that park today is almost criminal.

no, putting him on in the first place is just sheer criminal

The Green Goblin
I'd agree with you.

Fenlon at least managed to motivate our incredibly average players. Now, we've still got these average players but they're not even trying their arse.

They had the chance to become Hibs legends today, they could've relegated the Yams on their own home turf. Instead, we got players aimlessly hoofing the ball to our most expensive player and worst forward in recent years.

Fixed it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
1 win in 12? Lol. Fenlon got more out of them.

MWHIBBIES
Honestly, I'm not fussed if they go tomorrow, done absolutely nothing so far and I don't see it getting better.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Fans let down yet again.

7-Zip_Mike
30-03-2014, 01:49 PM
We are now by far the worst team in SPL.

GlasgowHibee
Well we're not the worst Jambos are ;)

Well they beat us so... :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
Not worse just more of same. If he is answer I expect some form of difference in us being better.

Sas_The_Hibby
I'd agree with you.

They had the chance to become Hibs legends today, they could've relegated the Yams on their own home turf. Instead, we got players aimlessly hoofing the ball to our most expensive player in recent years.

Who can't control a ball or hit the target from 15 yards..... :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Hibs doing what they do best, building it all up and then letting us down.

keep the faith

Agreed. Im getting to the stage i cant even watch mcgivern. His waste of the ball and positional sense are a joke. Him and Nelsons hoofball style is everything i hate to see in football.
As bad as it gets

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 01:50 PM
It really says it all that we are arguing strongly about whether our current or ex manager was worse. It really does. Bad times.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Worse than our 1998 relegation team, so worst in my lifetime

Definitely.

That team was gash but at least when McLeish came in they fought to the death.

This mob are pish and couldn't care less.

The Gorf
You stick around pal. Ho have a large malt or something. I for one like your normal posts. Were all hurting right now but not hurting as much as they will be very very soon.:flag:

Gatecrasher
Yet another kick in the baws for what's been a pretty patient support the last few years. I'm glad I turned off after their first and done something a bit more enjoyable with my Sunday, sounds like I dodged a bullet. Sorry to the guys who actually went.

Gustavo Fring
mcgivern , nelson , maybury , stevenson , taiwo , handling and collins were all absolutely shocking . what chance do you have when 3 quarters of the team dont turn up

thomson , heffernan and cairney should have all started for me . collins and handling should have been naewhere near the starting 11

GlasgowHibee
30-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Who can't control a ball or hit the target from 15 yards..... :rolleyes:

That chance in the first half summed him up perfectly.

paul_hfc3
As much as I 100% back TB, I wonder why Heffernan doesn't get played. Good player, better than Handling and Collins. Odd like

Michael
Why don't we bring back Vine too?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Here we go - full moon tonight as well...

madhibee_again
30-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Dummy and Pram? :dummytit:

Cheerio if you really are off though. :panic:

Can't believe the reaction to that post. Are we actually saying that was acceptable? I reckon Butcher will turn it round, but that was shocking, and it has been all season. With Fenlon there was fight, still *****, but fight. Under Terry they look lost. Questions have to be asked, there's no defending that. Line up was wrong, subs were wrong. Petrie is the one constant.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 01:54 PM
You stick around pal. Ho have a large malt or something. I for one like your normal posts. Were all hurting right now but not hurting as much as they will be very very soon.:flag:

I will mate. It was just 'in the heat of the moment', just after they scored the second! Thanks a lot, appreciate that very much:agree:

**** the Hearts!

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I have had enough of c*** from Butcher. He has not got a clue. What the h8ll is going on- we are in such trouble.

bobbyhibs1983
30-03-2014, 01:56 PM
mcgivern , nelson , maybury , stevenson , taiwo , handling and collins were all absolutely shocking . what chance do you have when 3 quarters of the team dont turn up

thomson , heffernan and cairney should have all started for me . collins and handling should have been naewhere near the starting 11

Along a similar motion as soon as we saw Maybury was in the team we thought
"oh no" *

* Oh no is a polite way of putting it as im sure alot of youngsters may be reading threads!

Joe6-2
30-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Can't wait for that day!
But we are still in a bad bad way!

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd like to know what mood stabilizers some of the posters are on.

erin-go-bragh87
30-03-2014, 01:59 PM

Agreed, that team selection was ridiculous. What's happening with Heffernan that means he doesn't get picked ahead of Collins.

I'm disgusted by that performance today. Why do hearts always seem to want it more than us? That's what hurts the most.

Scottie
30-03-2014, 02:00 PM
It's a poor state of affairs when the only thing we have to hang onto is a ****bos relegation. We could well be joining them very soon.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Paul Hartley "I thought Hearts wanted it more today".

The TV stations might as well have this statement recorded and automatically replayed in every post-derby summary.

Juice-Terry
30-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Get rid of every single ****.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Why do hearts always seem to want it more than us? That's what hurts the most.

We could have their players, and they could have our players and they would still show more fight than us.

It happens far too much just to be a coincidence. Something is very wrong with the club. I don't care what anybody else says.

stevejordan
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
If Fenlon was still here he would have been sacked after this game and recent results we are getting worse as each week goes by Terry cant seem to motivate or organise us Fenlon at least managed to make us hard to beat.

The Gorf
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
It's a poor state of affairs when the only thing we have to hang onto is a ****bos relegation. We could well be joining them very soon.
Agreed, but it does take the edge off our own issues a bit you've got to agree.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-03-2014, 02:03 PM
We could have their players, and they could have our players and they would still show more fight than us.

It happens far too much just to be a coincidence. Something is very wrong with the club. I don't care what anybody else says.

:agree: Agree 100%. Third or fourth biggest support in the league and flirting with relegation 3 out of the last four seasons.

neil7908
30-03-2014, 02:04 PM

I wont be going again this season that for sure. Unless I'm convinced by our annual 'rebuilding' job in the summer I can't see myself being desperate to come back in August.

Scottie
30-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Agreed, but it does take the edge off our own issues a bit you've got to agree.

Yes mate. A little but my worry as I say is that we will be joining them very very soon.

OsloHibs
30-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Poor Andy74 took so much abuse for saying exactly this weeks ago,. I HATE the type of Hibs 'football' we are watching now

WestEndHibee
30-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Can't believe the reaction to that post. Are we actually saying that was acceptable? I reckon Butcher will turn it round, but that was shocking, and it has been all season. With Fenlon there was fight, still *****, but fight. Under Terry they look lost. Questions have to be asked, there's no defending that. Line up was wrong, subs were wrong. Petrie is the one constant.

I've come through worse than that and am still a Hibee. There's not a single loss that would make me say "I'm not coming back" because I know I always will. So yes, dummy and pram. I'm not defending today, it was awful, but I don't let a single loss change my mind, we have been the worst team in the spfl since new year and shouldn't have expected to win today IMO. we'll grow again.

paul_hfc3
30-03-2014, 02:09 PM
I very much doubt that given the opportunity to choose at this moment in time, to have as a manager Pat Felon or Terry Butcher? I think the very very vast majority would take Terry Butcher. Just people venting from a ***** result

Cropley10
30-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Fenlon was one of the worst managers ever to be backed by the Board. These players are mostly his players.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 02:26 PM
It's about "needing it" not "wanting it" You can want all you want and do nothing, but if you "need" something you will do something about it. We wanted to win but they needed to in order to prevent us from being the team that saw them officially relegated.

They did nothing that I heven't seen them do before, the entire game plan could have been sussed by watching any of their previous games.

Ours too to be fair, watch any kick about in a public park.

The thing is mate, I think Hearts do "need" it against us. They need it like a drowning man needs air and that's why they do whatever it takes to do it, regardless of how ugly it is.

Where as, we have this "Hibs class" moto, where we think we're too "classy" to stoop to their level of blood, sweat and toil.

We get all we deserve agains't them. Because they simply "need" it more than we do. We just think it's another game and that a lose is no big deal.

Well it is a BIG DEAL!

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Fenlon was one of the worst managers ever to be backed by the Board. These players are mostly his players.

True, but the results of these players under Fenlon were actually better than they are under Butcher. I'm one of the people that wanted Butcher in, and hope that he can improve the team in the long term, but you can't argue with the facts.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM

And now they're playing worse under a manager thats supposedly better.

The whole "it's the last managers players" doesn't wash with me at all. If Butcher was worth his salt, he would get the best out of the players that he's currently stuck with.

When you start a new job, you may have to work with rusty tools until you have enough money to buy shiney new ones. But it order to do that, you need to get the best out of the tools you currently have!

Thecat23
30-03-2014, 02:29 PM
True, but the results of these players under Fenlon were actually better than they are under Butcher. I'm one of the people that wanted Butcher in, and hope that he can improve the team in the long term, but you can't argue with the facts.

It's clear why the players were better under Fenlon. He never worked them they had an easy life under him. Butcher has called them for what they are. *****! Sadly he shouldn't have done this. The players crying away training is to hard etc.. I can't wait to see the back of the lot of them.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Poor Andy74 took so much abuse for saying exactly this weeks ago,. I HATE the type of Hibs 'football' we are watching now

He took a bit of stick, yes, but his argument was that Butcher was worse. Based only on recent results, that is true, but it's not a fair comparison. If, after Butcher has either managed for the same length of time as Fenlon, or has had the same number of games, that is shown to be true, then I will happily admit he was right. Either way, as I have posted on another thread, it's a sorry state of affairs that this is what we are all arguing about: which of them is worse. It really shows how far we as a team have fallen.

J-C
30-03-2014, 02:34 PM
If Fenlon was still here he would have been sacked after this game and recent results we are getting worse as each week goes by Terry cant seem to motivate or organise us Fenlon at least managed to make us hard to beat.

From what I can gather TB and MM like to do a bit of shouting and barracking of the players, don't really know if that's the right way to motivate players but it'd soon get on my tits if a manager was like that every week. Maybe the way he's seemingly treated a few players in January hasn't helped also, some know they're going and won't be trying a leg till they're gone.

chinaman
30-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Yer right dug these useless ***** are a ***in disgrace to our proud colours

J-C
30-03-2014, 02:39 PM
He took a bit of stick, yes, but his argument was that Butcher was worse. Based only on recent results, that is true, but it's not a fair comparison. If, after Butcher has either managed for the same length of time as Fenlon, or has had the same number of games, that is shown to be true, then I will happily admit he was right. Either way, as I have posted on another thread, it's a sorry state of affairs that this is what we are all arguing about: which of them is worse. It really shows how far we as a team have fallen.

Apart from the last 12 months with ICT TB has done nowt in his career worth talking about ( management obviously ) I was happy with his appointment as I wanted rid of Fenlon but TBH I wasn't jumping up and down praising it either, still utterly underwhelmed by Butcher so far, talks the talk but yet to do the walking.

sven nil
30-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Fenlon was one of the worst managers ever to be backed by the Board. These players are mostly his players.Wish your ilk would stop this backed by the board carry on...listen to what Tom English,Craig paterson and that Preston just said on radio that's not what I call
backing,

The Falcon
30-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Wish your ilk would stop this backed by the board carry on...listen to what Tom English,Craig paterson and that Preston just said on radio that's not what I call
backing,

What did they say? And how do they know?

givescotlandfreedom
30-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately I think this is even worse that under Fenlon. Butcher seems out if his depth in regard to his line up and tactics and stubborn to change what clearly isn't working to boot. We went along the same lines of hit and hope which the Hearts defence (which is awful) lapped up. The subs were good but only served to question why they weren't on the park to begin with and why players that were told they were out the window are suddenly playing. What a way to gain their respect and motivate them.
I wonder if this is a harder job than he realised it if this is the Hibs curse striking again.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 03:17 PM

To be honest, I think it was some of Hibs fans who were "building it up" with totally unrealistic expectations for today's game. Butcher was in the papers trying to play down the yams relegation angle to the game, probably because he knew we weren't going to win today. What made some fans think this shambles of a team were going to turn up at PBS today and win, given their recent shocking performances? It's ok to support your team, but there's none so blind who will not see. I'm just so sad at the state of our club. I wonder if Hibernian FC will ever realise it's true potential?

DarrenSQH
30-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Much worse than under fenlon.

Seems telling players they arent good enough isn't a good way to get them going. Who knew

madhibee_again
30-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I've come through worse than that and am still a Hibee. There's not a single loss that would make me say "I'm not coming back" because I know I always will. So yes, dummy and pram. I'm not defending today, it was awful, but I don't let a single loss change my mind, we have been the worst team in the spfl since new year and shouldn't have expected to win today IMO. we'll grow again.

When did the OP say he was done with Hibs? He said he was done these losers. As far as I'm concerned we should've expected a win, we've spent money and should expect the team to perform. I don't see where the criticism is wrong? For too long we've sat back and accepted this.

yekimevol
30-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Spot on, prior to the dons and hearts game paddy was about ten games undefeated.

cleanyman
30-03-2014, 04:39 PM
It is worse.

I don't want to keep going back to PF but he wanted his team to play on the deck, its when we got to the final third that we really struggled.

Butcher's football is awful from back to front, we are in a battle for survival now.

Heisenberg
30-03-2014, 04:42 PM
It is worse.

I don't want to keep going back to PF but he wanted his team to play on the deck, its when we got to the final third that we really struggled.

Butcher's football is awful from back to front, we are in a battle for survival now.

We never even got the ball into the final third under Fenlon whilst playing nice football. It was passed about a lot between the midfield and defence before being smashed forward. Butcher has cut out the aimless passing and we just punt it now. The players aren't playing for him and I'd agree, we are certainly right in the playoff fight.

oregonhibby
30-03-2014, 04:46 PM
There is no point in comparing one manager against the next. Each should stand on their own merits. On that basis alone we should be worried.

However, we will see a clear out and a whole new squad in the summer and give the manager til Christmas.

The whole Club needs a new start and jump leads applied to some tender areas!

wills
30-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Big questions, do we have the bottle to fight if we end up in the play-off spot? Will Petrie be happy with his appointment if we end up in the championship? What players would sign for us in that division? Could we afford any signings if we're relegated?

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Big questions, do we have the bottle to fight if we end up in the play-off spot? Will Petrie be happy with his appointment if we end up in the championship? What players would sign for us in that division? Could we afford any signings if we're relegated?

i think in all honesty that question was answered today

MWHIBBIES
30-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Fenlon built that team. He has put us back years.Not really, we are certainly no worse than when he took over

lucky
30-03-2014, 05:34 PM
TB has won 4 league games in 19 games. Lost to a poor Raith team in the cup. I'm struggling to see improvement on PF. I willing to give him time but if we go down he has to go

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-03-2014, 05:38 PM
TB has won 4 league games in 19 games. Lost to a poor Raith team in the cup. I'm struggling to see improvement on PF. I willing to give him time but if we go down he has to go

Who would replace him though?

FitbaFolkKen
30-03-2014, 05:40 PM

His arguments were nearly always that people were overexaggerating how bad the job Fenlon did and sticking up for him when the posts became personal. He always stated that he hoped Butcher was a success.

semaj64
30-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately I think this is even worse that under Fenlon. Butcher seems out if his depth in regard to his line up and tactics and stubborn to change what clearly isn't working to boot. We went along the same lines of hit and hope which the Hearts defence (which is awful) lapped up. The subs were good but only served to question why they weren't on the park to begin with and why players that were told they were out the window are suddenly playing. What a way to gain their respect and motivate them.
I wonder if this is a harder job than he realised it if this is the Hibs curse striking again.

Yes need to change it earlier and chose not to do it was so obvious, hopefully hopefuly he will learn soon

FitbaFolkKen
30-03-2014, 05:47 PM

That's rubbish, Butcher had them playing decently at the turn of the year in a fairly respectable position. Something has clearly happened that has wrecked the confidence/dressing room/team spirit or whatever and as a result the players have underperformed.

1 win 4 draws and 8 defeats in 13 games isn't right, when prior to that we had 9 wins, 6 draws and 8 defeats.

I'm not saying we had a team of world beaters but clearly by SPFL standards the squad is much better than recent form.