PDA

View Full Version : BBC Commentators/today's team

VPHIBEE
30-03-2014, 12:42 PM
The Commentators on BBC said they would have had Thomson, Craig and Heffernan in the team for today. These guys know a lot more about football than I do, but I say the same. I don't understand Butcher's thinking. I absolutely think Butcher/Malpas are the men for the job next season with their own team, but I am bemused by today's team selection.

i also don't understand why football managers (not just Butcher) wait so long to change things. I think they should always have an alternative shape/plan in mind at the start of a game. If after 25 mins it is not working, a change not only gives you different options when your initial plan is not working, it upsets/disrupts the system the other side are playing, and does not let them settle into dominating the game.

www.frustrated.com

Michael
30-03-2014, 12:45 PM
We lack composure. Heffernan and Thomson could probably offer that.

keep the faith
30-03-2014, 12:57 PM
The experts here on the thommo thread will tell you we apparently dont need thomson's composure or passing.......

VPHIBEE
30-03-2014, 01:01 PM
The experts here on the thommo thread will tell you we apparently dont need thomson's composure or passing.......

McGivern off, Collins off. Stevenson back to defence, Thomson in the Middle, Handing up front, Craig in behind. I can only hope. I suppose we all think we know best.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2014, 01:06 PM
I was amazed at today's line up. If there ever was a day for experience it's today. Butcher does not give me any optimism for the future.

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 01:21 PM

Thomson makes no difference to the game. His "composed passing" doesn't change the game.

DH1875
30-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Thomson makes no difference to the game. His "composed passing" doesn't change the game.

He looked good when he came on. Should def be starting the rest of our games between now and the end of the season.

cleanyman
30-03-2014, 04:26 PM

Disagree.

Thomson is the best football player at the club.

When he came on he got the ball on the deck and there was genuine urgency in his play.

Unseen work
30-03-2014, 04:29 PM
These "experts" probably haven't watched a lot if recent games for us where Craig has been torture. You can't choose a player based on what he's done before.

Heffernan I just think isn't mobile enough or strong enough to play by himself or cause problems.

Thomson IMO should start every game

Think the 2 better players today was Stanton and handling, who both tried to play football

Hibercelona
30-03-2014, 04:35 PM
He looked good when he came on. Should def be starting the rest of our games between now and the end of the season.

Disagree.

Thomson is the best football player at the club.

When he came on he got the ball on the deck and there was genuine urgency in his play.

I have nothing against Thomson, but I think the fresh pair of legs had more to do with the urgency more than anything else.

He was up against tired inexperienced legs. Had he been on from the start, he would have looked nowhere near as urgent in my opinion.

yekimevol
30-03-2014, 04:36 PM
The Commentators on BBC said they would have had Thomson, Craig and Heffernan in the team for today. These guys know a lot more about football than I do, but I say the same. I don't understand Butcher's thinking. I absolutely think Butcher/Malpas are the men for the job next season with their own team, but I am bemused by today's team selection.

i also don't understand why football managers (not just Butcher) wait so long to change things. I think they should always have an alternative shape/plan in mind at the start of a game. If after 25 mins it is not working, a change not only gives you different options when your initial plan is not working, it upsets/disrupts the system the other side are playing, and does not let them settle into dominating the game.

www.frustrated.com

Totally agree, at half time today thought butcher would have hooked at least two players similar to paddy against Falkirk.