PDA

View Full Version : Quinn's (Brasserie & Piano Bar) for Relegation Party - 30th March - KO 12:45

London Hibs Supporters Club
29-03-2014, 11:22 AM
From the crisply ironed tablecloths to the epic cheese ‘chariot’ that gets wheeled out at the end of the meal, Pierre at Quinns sets the North London standard for dyed-in-the-wool French dining without tears and is a ‘refreshing example’ of how it should be done. Francophiles can salivate at the prospect of play-it-straight classics served against a modern backdrop of plush curved banquettes and a constellation-themed hanging mural, with an upstairs kitchen providing plenty of distraction, even with the football on the box.

To start our Relegation Party - there's Native Oysters with Chorizo - which is a winning starter, alternatively, you might prefer a fancy plate of Seared Scallops paired with Salt-Cod Beignets, Grapefruit and Fennel. Our choice of mains include a perfectly poached Beef Fillet (cooked to suit) with Short-Rib Ravioli and Wild Mushrooms. There's also a slab of Pan-Fried Turbot lifted with Squid, Samphire and Artichokes. To finish, dessert is Passion-Fruit Soufflé with Orange-Marmalade Sorbet.

This weeks house bubbly is the ever popular Nyetimber Première Cuvée Blanc de Blancs at a cracking £49.99 per 750ml bottle - Supplied by Berry Bros & Rudd.

Please note - Large numbers are expected this weekend and a carnival atmosphere is guaranteed. We've been allocated both the Piano Bar & Brasserie and tables are on a first come, first serve basis. Lunch will be served between 15:00 and 16:00.

Finally, congratulations to Jean Claude who has been awarded the coveted "Wine List Of The Year Sommelier's Award" by the industry magazine, Imbibe. As we will all agree, fully deserved.

See you all Sunday.

GGTTH

London Hibs Supporters Club
30-03-2014, 04:18 PM
I'd just like to thank all who refrained from battering the Yam who was in the Piano Bar today. Vince and those at the 'front of house' did him (and us all) a favour in ejecting him immediately after they scored their opener.

Indeed, broken scallop shells are as sharp as razors.

BTW - a fantastic turnout of over 120 and well done to all.

See you next Monday.

Keith_M
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
OK, I can now post what I was going to write before but didn't want to ruin your party.

You must have been mad arranging this in the first place.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I'd just like to thank all who refrained from battering the Yam who was in the Piano Bar today. Vince and those at the 'front of house' did him (and us all) a favour in ejecting him immediately after they scored their opener.

Indeed, broken scallop shells are as sharp as razors.

BTW - a fantastic turnout of over 120 and well done to all.

See you next Monday.
It sounded a mouthwatering meal ,pity the sub standard football on offer wasn't as appetising .

Haymaker
30-03-2014, 06:35 PM
The food and wine was, obviously, fantastic. The football less so.

Can't believe a rat-eater got past the door staff. Wasn't even wearing a shirt and tie! :confused: