PDA

View Full Version : Why the despondancy here?

HappyAsHellas
28-03-2014, 09:53 PM
After reading some of the negative things on different posts here over the last few weeks, I decided to check out the forums of all the bottom six clubs to find out what they are thinking. In general, none of them see Hibs being part of the play off scenario, although collectively from all sites one or two mentions were made in passing, but the general gist is that St Mirren were so humpty the other night that it is highly unlikely they will catch up with anyone. This being the case, is it just some people here who are harbingers of doom?

heretoday
28-03-2014, 10:05 PM
You're probably right, mate, but we are, I think, all astounded and depressed at how bad Hibs are right now.

We really are crap and it will take a miracle to get anything on Sunday.

Mikey
28-03-2014, 10:07 PM
You're probably right, mate, but we are, I think, all astounded and depressed at how bad Hibs are right now.

Nope, not all of us.

Dashing Bob S
28-03-2014, 10:11 PM

Given that we're playing against one of Europe's top sides, I think it'll take a lot more than a miracle just to come away having conceded less than seven goals.

HappyAsHellas
28-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I really don't see the need for all the depression nonsense. We gave thistle a dodgy start and after pulling one back Watmore was getting kicked off the park and thistle broke away to score a third which can happen if you chase a game. Would you rather we were defending a 2 - 1 defeat? Things seemed to start off alright at Perth but ended up a bit of a damp squib. We have a game on Sunday which is a lot bigger for the yams than it is for us. I think the pressure on their young heads not to lose will be their undoing, expertly guided by the goldie Locke. (remember the semi final)
The pink twirling scarf brigade will be filling their pants before this one, so why don't we make their day as uncomfortable as is possible? Dare I say "hearty" singing from our fans as we give them the doing they deserve.

theonlywayisup
28-03-2014, 10:18 PM
After reading some of the negative things on different posts here over the last few weeks, I decided to check out the forums of all the bottom six clubs to find out what they are thinking. In general, none of them see Hibs being part of the play off scenario, although collectively from all sites one or two mentions were made in passing, but the general gist is that St Mirren were so humpty the other night that it is highly unlikely they will catch up with anyone. This being the case, is it just some people here who are harbingers of doom?

The problem is, to me, that most teams are unpredictable, especially those teams in the bottom six.

Think about our game on the 21st Sept, they were absolutely rubbish and we easily won two nil. Even Collins scored.

Think about our game on the 18th Jan, they played us off the park in the first half and looked good, winning three two. But even Collins scored.

My concern is that in the bottom six fixtures, anything can happen. We could win all five or........

HappyAsHellas
28-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Against the bottom six since the arrival of TB we have taken 18 points from a possible 30 - the best sequence of all bottom six clubs. Be POSITIVE!:agree:

craigmounthibby
28-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Against the bottom six since the arrival of TB we have taken 18 points from a possible 30 - the best sequence of all bottom six clubs. Be POSITIVE!:agree:
I respect your positivity. Here's hoping come 3pm on Sunday that you were right.

Tinribs
28-03-2014, 10:55 PM

Had not realised that, doesn't make me feel super confident, but a little better :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2014, 03:49 PM

Are you happy enough with the garbage Hibs are serving up at the moment?

We probably winnae be in the play off place so everything is fine, not for me thanks.

Paisley Hibby
29-03-2014, 04:43 PM

It's our recent form that's worrying me. In the 12 games since we beat Hearts on 2nd January our record is W 1, D 4, L 7. The only win was against Ross County at home back on 15 Feb. Our two most recent performances (against St J and Patrick) were woeful. St J could (and should) have won by a lot more than just 2-0 last week.

Ronniekirk
29-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I really don't see the need for all the depression nonsense. We gave thistle a dodgy start and after pulling one back Watmore was getting kicked off the park and thistle broke away to score a third which can happen if you chase a game. Would you rather we were defending a 2 - 1 defeat? Things seemed to start off alright at Perth but ended up a bit of a damp squib. We have a game on Sunday which is a lot bigger for the yams than it is for us. I think the pressure on their young heads not to lose will be their undoing, expertly guided by the goldie Locke. (remember the semi final)
The pink twirling scarf brigade will be filling their pants before this one, so why don't we make their day as uncomfortable as is possible? Dare I say "hearty" singing from our fans as we give them the doing they deserve.

They know they are relegated ,so the pressure could be off them ,if they are solely motivated to stop us winning so we don't relegate them on Sunday they will fight for everything .if they fluke a goal and take lead the pressure is all then on us .Its all down to team we put out ,and whether T B can get a performance out them and get his tactics right .This game will tell us which players step up to the plate and who bottles it so anyone playing for new contract next season has to use tomorrow as platform . Mon the Hibs:tbgwa:

HappyAsHellas
29-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Are you happy enough with the garbage Hibs are serving up at the moment?

We probably winnae be in the play off place so everything is fine, not for me thanks.

I'm not saying everything is fine, it's not the end of the world, just a disappointing season, and realistically next year must be a big improvement.

Www1875hfc
29-03-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACqcZZwG0k

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm not saying everything is fine, it's not the end of the world, just a disappointing season, and realistically next year must be a big improvement.

Its far from being just one season though.

emerald green
29-03-2014, 05:34 PM

It's all very well people saying be positive. OK, that's fine, but when you've had as many disappointments following Hibs for as long as some of us have, you have to balance that with being realistic. It's NOT being deliberately negative. Nothing would give us ALL greater pleasure than to be able to post regularly on these forums about the fantastic team we've got, that's playing brilliant football and challenging at the top of the table regularly and winning trophies. I will be ecstatic if we put them down tomorrow I can assure you. We shall see. Fingers crossed. Honest! :wink:

Hibercelona
29-03-2014, 05:34 PM
We have a great chance to inflict much pain on this lot.

If Butcher sets the team up right using players that have a future, mixed with enthusiastic youngsters, then i'll be happy.

If I see just one player in that starting 11 that will be out the door at the end of the season. I will be very depressed.

Nailrod
29-03-2014, 05:39 PM
We have a great chance to inflict much pain on this lot.

If Butcher sets the team up right using players that have a future, mixed with enthusiastic youngsters, then i'll be happy.

If I see just one player in that starting 11 that will be out the door at the end of the season. I will be very depressed.Moral surrender.

Dobosz83
29-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Come on guys! Grow a pair and look at it for what it is!

An opportunity to bloody their nose, a markee derby win we can look back on years from now. If we lose? We add it to the pile of derby disasters.

The way I see it, it's Mother's Day tomorrow, I'm already in the dog house with the Mrs for leaving her and the kids and "going to the football" - however, I'll take that whinging for a chance, albeit slim with our miserable team, to relegate THEM ON THEIR OWN GRUBBY PATCH!

Let's do this Butchers boys. A garbage season could become legendary! I'd rather embrace the chance than fear what may happen in a few weeks time!!

HappyAsHellas
29-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Was taken to my first game at ER in 1967 so I understand the meaning of disappointment/pain over the years. I look forward to the likes of Black or Baptie coming in tomorrow as they are used to handling the young yams from the under 20's. Apart from that I believe their performances warrant a run in the first team. If Watmore is fit and set free to run at the likes of McHattie and co, I pray for positive outcomes. We can do this, and if you don't feel like this then bog off and support some team that wins all the time.:wink:

PatHead
29-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Hearts have only beaten us once in the last 6 meetings in the league. Nothing to fear.

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Nothing to fear...yeah we are a poor side but they are garbage...come on hibs send the cheating, thieving ****bos down!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hedlund12
29-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I get that some fans are despondent.....par for the course in football IMO.

I've written off this season as a Hibs fan/season ticket holder but I will continue to support my team in the remaining games.
I will be renewing my season ticket (x2) and look forward to next season - onwards and upwards and all that!!
BUT...I'm nervous about tomorrow's game ..... my heart is hoping and willing a Hibs win (or I'd happily take the draw) but my head is telling me different!!!
I also hate to say this out loud (and I'm not a betting person) but I'm seriously considering putting a tenner on the **** to win so if we don't do it on the day at least I'll get something out of the game!!
(I want..... to loose my bet.... Hibs to win or draw and my Mother's Day will be a good one!!)
No pressure Hibs but please do it tomorrow!
:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
29-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Hearts have only beaten us once in the last 6 meetings in the league. Nothing to fear.

This. And as bad we were on that one occasion, they were absolutely dire and incredibly fortunate. Obviously when you have two poor teams in a derby it can go either way, but as dreadful as we are we are way better than them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Let's get torn in about this cheating **** and be done with them for a long long time.

:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2014, 09:47 AM
They know they are relegated ,so the pressure could be off them ,if they are solely motivated to stop us winning so we don't relegate them on Sunday they will fight for everything .if they fluke a goal and take lead the pressure is all then on us .Its all down to team we put out ,and whether T B can get a performance out them and get his tactics right .This game will tell us which players step up to the plate and who bottles it so anyone playing for new contract next season has to use tomorrow as platform . Mon the Hibs:tbgwa:

Fighting for everything is good till you get a player sent off. Those young warriors will not be able to handle the emotion of the day. Hibs have something to fight for too, and we saw at New Year who will win any scrapping.

It won't be pretty, but by half time the Best Young Players in Scotland will be greeting for their mammys and begging to be substituted.

We've toyed with Hearts too long. It's time to give them a good hard slap, and send them on their way.

judas
30-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Given that we're playing against one of Europe's top sides, I think it'll take a lot more than a miracle just to come away having conceded less than seven goals.

Agreed. Got to remember this is a club with champions league aspirations we are up against. :top marks

SunshineOnLeith
30-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Some people enjoy being able to come on here and say 'told you all we'd lose' more than they enjoy hibs winning, pretty tragic.

ehf
30-03-2014, 11:55 AM

That's why.

Northernhibee
30-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Some people enjoy being able to come on here and say 'told you all we'd lose' more than they enjoy hibs winning, pretty tragic.

We're going to see a few of them on this thread soon. Tragic really.

lyonhibs
30-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Because, time after time after time, with comic predictability, hibs let us down.

Hedlund12
30-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Apols for the ignorance of this question but who are the black armbands for in the game?

SlickShoes
30-03-2014, 12:09 PM
You watching the game? That's the reason

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Apols for the ignorance of this question but who are the black armbands for in the game?

Ex-Hearts player died this week. Steven Slater.

Hedlund12
30-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Just heard from a fellow hubby that they are for a young hearts youth player who took his own life. Tragic and sad to hear. Rip young one.

Hedlund12
30-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Ex-Hearts player died this week. Steven Slater.

Thanks for that.

emerald green
30-03-2014, 02:53 PM
It's all very well people saying be positive. OK, that's fine, but when you've had as many disappointments following Hibs for as long as some of us have, you have to balance that with being realistic. It's NOT being deliberately negative. Nothing would give us ALL greater pleasure than to be able to post regularly on these forums about the fantastic team we've got, that's playing brilliant football and challenging at the top of the table regularly and winning trophies. I will be ecstatic if we put them down tomorrow I can assure you. We shall see. Fingers crossed. Honest! :wink:

Here's what I posted yesterday on this thread. Why all the despondency? This is why. I am not on here to say "I told you so". I am just trying to swallow the pain of the latest disappointment. It's really way past time everyone associated with Hibs woke up and smell the coffee. We are in it now, no doubt about it. Just looked at next set of fixtures and all the teams below us (excluding Hertz) are at home and their fixtures all look "winnable". Three times beaten by a team headed for relegation. Jeez.

Ronniekirk
30-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Today's performance on the back of other poor inept performances with so few shots on target and inability to keep clean sheet must be a factor.:rolleyes:

Saorsa
31-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Cannae think why at all!

HappyAsHellas
31-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Wont it be brilliant at the last derby of the season at ER when we give them the come uppance they fully deserve?:greengrin

southsider
31-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Wont it be brilliant at the last derby of the season at ER when we give them the come uppance they fully deserve?:greengrin
You are 'avin' a laff mate. This shower are murder and were outfought and outworked by a bunch of kids. One shot on target in one of THE most pitiful displays by a Hibs team ever and you think we can gie them a doing ? Butcher does not have a clue about his best team nor, i believe, how to get the best out of a bad bunch of players but his man-management skills leave a lot to be desired.

Keith_M
31-03-2014, 12:54 PM

Should be interesting if we're in a position of having to beat Hearts at ER on the last day of the season to avoid the play-offs.

In my current negative view of all things Hibs, I see this being the most likely scenario.

GreenLake
31-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Should be interesting if we're in a position of having to beat Hearts at ER on the last day of the season to avoid the play-offs.

In my current negative view of all things Hibs, I see this being the most likely scenario.

It would be an exciting derby whether we want it or not.

emerald green
31-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Please God, don't let this happen.

GlenrothesHibee
31-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Im pretty much scunnered with it all now. Only so many times you can be let down. Losing 3 times to that abysmal Hearts team is an utter joke. Im finished spending my hard earned on that shower. Rather do something else with my time

Onion
31-03-2014, 02:06 PM
We'll never win the league. We're utterly jinxed in the Cup. The LC is over. The only other meaningful goal is to beat your nearest rivals. 3 defeats to the worst Hearts side in a generation is a disaster. Is it any wonder we're all pissed off ?