PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite derby day memories/games?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Get your favourite derby day memories or games posted here:thumbsup: Lets get ourselves even more up for the weekend!

One of my favourites, is this one - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI#

What a win and what a team. The fact the hearts mob were singing "We are unbeatable" just before we scored... :faf: They soon shut up after goal number one went in:greengrin

Lets hope we will be leaving the PBS like this again on Sunday http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHmCk_hZ-8#
Enjoy!

Killiehibbie
27-03-2014, 02:15 PM
1 down at home and I said "we really need to equalise before half time" next thing I knew it was 6-1 and we even cheered their consolation as the away end was empty. Come to think of it, it was almost empty at the start.

Sean1875
27-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Sunshine on Leith is always pretty special but after we beat them 1-0 in their 'cup defence' with Spoony scoring it was incredible :thumbsup:

Waxy
27-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Joe Mcbride scoring a late double at swynie to draw 2-2. Felt like a win.
Winning 2-1 at ER 1987. Kano headed winner.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2014, 02:28 PM
1-0 win, Gordon Hunter goal to end the 22 game run.

I was 7 at the time and that was the 1st time I'd seen us beat Hearts and been at the game. I'd been brought up hearing how we dominated them for much of the 60s and 70s but that was the 1st time I got to enjoy it.

The Hibs support at the last derby last season was immense as well, not huge numbers but never shut up for 90+ minutes and got our reward, and went duly mental, when Caldwell curled in the winner.

leggeto
27-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Stevie itchybaws winner for my 1st visit to the pink palace

Tom Hart RIP
27-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Pat Stanton equalising in injury time at Tynie. Never seen them so pissed off

Pretty Boy
27-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Get your favourite derby day memories or games posted here:thumbsup: Lets get ourselves even more up for the weekend!

What a win and what a team. The fact the hearts mob were singing "We are unbeatable" just before we scored... :faf: They soon shut up after goal number one went in:greengrin

Lets hope we will be leaving the PBS like this again on Sunday http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHmCk_hZ-8#
Enjoy!

How good was Derek Riordan in the 1st clip? How good was Thomsons pass to O'Connor for the 2nd goal? How good was the link up for the 1st goal? How good was Scott Brown? Even Archies commentary was good.

Those were the days. One of the best derbies I have been at. 2 good teams, one fairly paid for, and a game with fight, drive and no shortage of quality.

Oh and I saw myself coming down the stairs in the 2nd clip, looking resplendent in 1991 Skol Cup winners strip (original not the reissue).

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-03-2014, 02:41 PM
How good was Derek Riordan in the 1st clip? How good was Thomsons pass to O'Connor for the 2nd goal? How good was the link up for the 1st goal? How good was Scott Brown? Even Archies commentary was good.

Those were the days. One of the best derbies I have been at
2 good teams, one fairly paid for, and a game with fight, drive and no shortage of quality.

:agree::top marks

matty_f
27-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Russel Latapy volleying in number 6. Almost matched by the cheers for their second that evening :greengrin

Father Ted
27-03-2014, 02:53 PM
The de la Cruz derby when he scored very early doors half my mates missed it, they were still in the queue to get in

frazeHFC
27-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Will never forget the Griffiths and Caldwell game, namely cos it's the first time i'd ever seen us score there, let alone win.

Engels74
27-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Stevie itchybaws winner for my 1st visit to the pink palace

100% agreed :agree:
​Hibs end was packed and brilliant atmosphere, especially when Stevie's shot hit the back of the net! :flag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU

Alex Trager
27-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Enjoy!

That video of us coming out makes me very excited. I want it a lot on Sunday. I want to be coming out of tynecastle like that. But not in so much of a 'we've literally just beat them in the last minute' more of a 'we've just pumped them for the last time at tynecastle'

Mon Dieu4
27-03-2014, 03:32 PM
The millennium derby had it all!!!

hibsbollah
27-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Gary O'Connors last minute winner when we were down to ten men.Just pips the 6-2 for total joyful pandemonium :flag:

emerald green
27-03-2014, 05:38 PM
New Years day 1973 will always be my greatest ever derby memory. It has gone down in Hibs folklore, but that team that day was world class. Pat Stanton, Alex Edwards, Jimmy O'Rourke, and Shades, in particular, were brilliant. 7 nil going on a dozen. Steamboats at the MacLeod St end. Another one was again at Tynecastle. Can't remember what year it was. Beat them 4 nil with all goals scored in the first 10 minutes. Jimmy getting two and Eric Stevenson scoring the other two. Happy days.

Pete
27-03-2014, 06:01 PM
New Years day 1973 will always be the greatest ever derby.

Fixed that for you.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Archie the original jinx buster singing in the rain. Fed by the obligatory overhead kick from Kano... Who also scored a peach of a header.

emerald green
27-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Fixed that for you.

Cheers! :wink:

cabbage_88
27-03-2014, 06:11 PM
2-1 O'Connor and Shiels was an unbelieveable evening!! Just being 1-0 down made it better. Never forgot big Amadou rising to head against the post and the ball falling to Deano to smash it high into the roof of the net! Absolute bedlam!

Sanger
27-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Archie runs half the length of pitch to cooly put 10 man Hibs 2-0 with minutes to go! Despite a very very late Hertz goal. There is complete mayhem and celebration!

Sanger
27-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Archie runs half the length of pitch to cooly put 10 man Hibs 2-0 with minutes to go! Despite a very very late Hertz goal. There is complete mayhem and celebration!

Well it felt like half the length of the pitch:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

gillythehibby
27-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Joe Mcbride scoring a late double at swynie to draw 2-2. Felt like a win.
Winning 2-1 at ER 1987. Kano headed winner.

That's my favourite as well. Joe stuck one in the postage stamp and the place went mental. There was a battle on Gorgie road after it. Good times :thumbsup:

Aldo
27-03-2014, 06:49 PM
That game in 88 was amazing. Piss wet thro but well worth it. Some sesh after wards as well.

Waxy
27-03-2014, 07:12 PM
That's my favourite as well. Joe stuck one in the postage stamp and the place went mental. There was a battle on Gorgie road after it. Good times :thumbsup:indeed.Crazy celebrations at the equalizer.I got chased up the bridges by fuming yams later on.

Billychaotic182
27-03-2014, 07:19 PM
The game where we were down to 9 men. Grant Brebner was sent off and Yanic Zambernardi was taken off injured after we used all our subs and up pops Garry O'Conner in the last min with a goal to win the game. Was a great great moment as it was the 1st time all my family were together to watch the football

craigmounthibby
27-03-2014, 07:44 PM
New Years Day derby 1996. We'd lost 7-0 to Rangers 2 days previously, and we're 1 down to the midden after 5 minutes. Feared the worst, but 2 screamers from O'Neill and Harper won the game.

A 2 day bender followed that.....

big gogs
27-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Attending the seven nil,never missed a derby since 1967,that's home and away,but the millenium derby was memorable,after the game my wife and I were heading back to the car ,when I was confronted by massively built hearts fan,I thought I was dead,he said to me hibs deserved to win ,he turned and walked away.it seemed like an eternity.

eastterrace
27-03-2014, 10:03 PM
2-1 O'Connor and Shiels was an unbelieveable evening!! Just being 1-0 down made it better. Never forgot big Amadou rising to head against the post and the ball falling to Deano to smash it high into the roof of the net! Absolute bedlam!

i was at 7-0 game but this derby for me was definitely the better one for people going mental when we went 2-1 up it was crazy , also it was the first time i had been back since 83 when robertson scored his first goal against us and i never went back till that game. not been back since except in the league cup semi against st.johnstone. hate given them my money.

hibbymick
27-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Attending the seven nil,never missed a derby since 1967,that's home and away,but the millenium derby was memorable,after the game my wife and I were heading back to the car ,when I was confronted by massively built hearts fan,I thought I was dead,he said to me hibs deserved to win ,he turned and walked away.it seemed like an eternity.

I was heading to a derby at Tynie. We had just come out of Ryries and started heading up dalry when this big eejit jambo come from nowhere and stood in front of me with his scarf above his heid and telling me what he thought of hibs and myself, next thing my mate came from behind me and nutted him, he was lying sparkled. My mate was a jambo :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Every time I've seen us beat them is equally as magic as any other time.

If I had to choose, I would have to say the 2-1 game at Tynecastle, when Dean Shiels knocked in the winner, would be my favourite.

It was the first time I had seen us win at Tynecastle and the celebrations in our end when Shiels scored were mental!

tanfield
27-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Archibald at Tynie - about the first time a Hibs goal reduced me to tears.

And 6-2 wisnae bad! :)

EastCalderHibby
27-03-2014, 10:26 PM
1 down at home and I said "we really need to equalise before half time" next thing I knew it was 6-1 and we even cheered their consolation as the away end was empty. Come to think of it, it was almost empty at the start.

funny that most games at the peedodome this season have been the same ? :greengrin big team wee crouds wonder where the 400,000 go on matchdays
maybe that's the days they get to hump their sisters

greenpaper55
27-03-2014, 10:27 PM
The 7-0 game for me, if i remember rightly THEM had been unbeaten at home until we met them but that was all going to change big time, obviously the goals are memorable but the thing i was most impressed with was the passing between Stanton Edwards and Brownlie, they ripped THEM a new one with their triangular passing game.

heretoday
27-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Willie Hamilton at Tynecastle January 2nd 1965. A one-two with Pat Quinn and whoof - left foot into the corner from a narrow angle.

I was sitting on my Dad's shoulders under the Beware of Pickpockets sign in a very congested area. The cops in those days had no idea about crowd control!

Hamilton was the best player I ever saw in a Hibs shirt in 50 years. No question at all.

bournehibby
27-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Willie Hamilton at Tynecastle January 2nd 1965. A one-two with Pat Quinn and whoof - left foot into the corner from a narrow angle.

I was sitting on my Dad's shoulders under the Beware of Pickpockets sign in a very congested area. The cops in those days had no idea about crowd control!

Hamilton was the best player I ever saw in a Hibs shirt in 50 years. No question at all.

That's the one for me as well heretoday :aok:

bh

gorgie greens
27-03-2014, 11:23 PM
First Derby at Tynecastle, was a New Years day game except it got played on the 26th of Jan because of the frozen pitch there,remember the game well (don't know the year though)Enter via MacLeod Street and the Hibs fans had a few running barnies that day taking the corner of the terracing (yams end) Super Ally scored and we won 1-0 must be late 70's ,I never liked them up until then ,hate them since that day

Stax
28-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Archibald at Tynie - about the first time a Hibs goal reduced me to tears.

And 6-2 wisnae bad! :)
This, sublime first touch then what seemed like an eternity...picked his spot then.... Absolute ****ing bedlam :thumbsup:. Deano's in the 2-1. Deeks screamer. The fact they scored 1st in the 6-2 game made it even funnier as it gave their minuscule support a glimmer of hope before we ripped them a new one.

hibbybrian
28-03-2014, 03:50 AM

Hamilton was the best player I ever saw in a Hibs shirt in 50 years. No question at all. :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

That team :not worth had us in a position to win the League and Cup double until Stein left on 9th March 1965 to join Celtc :rolleyes:

hibbybrian
28-03-2014, 03:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepPmVNnTK0
Pat Stanton equalising in injury time at Tynie. Never seen them so pissed off :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-03-2014, 10:22 AM
:agree:

That team :not worth had us in a position to win the League and Cup double until Stein left on 9th March 1965 to join Celtc :rolleyes:

That Hibs strip is absolutely beautiful, even in the black and white.

Wish we could have something similar to that every season.

oramhibee
28-03-2014, 11:43 AM
As Hibs fans we don't have many derby memories but the two that stand out for me are these two:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq4vbXZ3bQ8

and

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JSn0M4kaDa8

heretoday
28-03-2014, 02:45 PM
:agree:

I agree. Hibs team then was great to watch and I would hazard that the defence was as strong as the Tornadoes' one. It read: Wilson, Fraser, Davis, Stanton, McNamee, Baxter.

You know Hamilton was only 26 at that time? Quinn was the oldest in the team at 28.

Cormack was only 18. My dad thought he was "a fancy Dan". He was my favourite player!

heretoday
28-03-2014, 03:57 PM
First Derby at Tynecastle, was a New Years day game except it got played on the 26th of Jan because of the frozen pitch there,remember the game well (don't know the year though)Enter via MacLeod Street and the Hibs fans had a few running barnies that day taking the corner of the terracing (yams end) Super Ally scored and we won 1-0 must be late 70's ,I never liked them up until then ,hate them since that day

26th January 1977 - Hibs had the likes of Mike McDonald, Derek Spalding, Ally Scott and Alex McGhee playing so it was right on the cusp of when we started to go downhill a bit. Average age of the team was 26 so new blood was required but was not being produced. McGhee was youngest at 21.

McLeod scored in the 68th minute. Thanks to London Hearts for the stats.

the_ginger_hibee
28-03-2014, 04:19 PM
What a day we had at the 2-1 'Konte' derby.

First time at Tynecastle and a group of us skived the afternoon off high school to get a few pre-match beers. We chanced getting into the Roseburn being underage and all and we got in no bother. I'd never been in a sing song like it!

Then the match happened.... :greengrin I still feel a bit gutted for Konte that his header smacked the post! But the follow-up sent the crowd crazy. Pandemonium!

Remember being at school the next day still feeling 'delicate' :greengrin

P.S Don't try this at home kids, stay in school.

Finbar
29-03-2014, 09:46 AM
My first ever match was an Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle, I was about 7. My dad took me along to see the great George Best, who to me was just a wee beardy man in the far side of the pitch. Hibs v Meadowbank in the league cup I think, no idea what the score was. Lots of memories of big games at Tynecastle, I wonder how many more there will be?