PDA

View Full Version : Post split - Yams

Baldy Foghorn
27-03-2014, 09:59 AM
By my reckoning we have played 17 home and 16 away at time of split.

We should be playing Kilmarnock, Partick or Yams at home, but will have to play one away instead. So 1 in 3 chance of another Tynie derby, and from what I am hearing on the grapevine, this is a distinct possibility.

Whats everyone's thoughts on going to Tynie for a 3rd time this Season?

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2014, 10:03 AM

We should be playing Kilmarnock, Partick or Yams at home, but will have to play one away instead. So 1 in 3 chance of another Tynie derby, and from what I am hearing on the grapevine, this is a distinct possibility.

I think "the beaks" (TM Gary Locke) have it in for Hearts and will ensure that the game is at a Tynecastle. It'll go some way to covering up the fact they wouldn't let them sign Rudi.

CallumLaidlaw
27-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Bit shocking if that's the case. You wouldn't see them putting 3 derbies at Parkhead or ibrox.

JimBHibees
27-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest especially when the SPFL computer somehow amazingly and randomly of course :rolleyes: gave them all of their largest home gates right at the start of this season.

Leithenhibby
27-03-2014, 10:08 AM

I wouldn't go. :wink:

When do we get the fixtures for the split?

Baldy Foghorn
27-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't go. :wink:

When do we get the fixtures for the split?

Some time next week, fixtures currently being discussed with all clubs, and tv companies

Billy Whizz
27-03-2014, 10:24 AM

If this as the case we would lose 2 Category A games!
One against Hearts and one against Celtic.
Would be grossly unfair on Hibs if this were to happen, and would line Hearts pockets again. We're not a charity

scoopyboy
27-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I've not missed a derby in donkey's years but I wouldn't go to that one.

I don't believe it will happen.

Geo_1875
27-03-2014, 10:42 AM
It'll be at Tynie with Craig Thomson refereeing. We'll also get RC away midweek.

ballengeich
27-03-2014, 11:03 AM
According to Pie&Bovril, the way the bottom six has turned out means that one of the clubs is going to have an extra home fixture (four of the six will have 17 home before the split). The league tries to have as few teams as possible playing three aways against the same opponent, so there's a good chance we'll get the homes we're due in the final five games, giving us 20 home and 18 away this season.

leggeto
27-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Hope not but the spfl has been bending over for them so wouldn't surprise me if it was

Argylehibby
27-03-2014, 11:08 AM
According to Pie&Bovril, the way the bottom six has turned out means that one of the clubs is going to have an extra home fixture (four of the six will have 17 home before the split). The league tries to have as few teams as possible playing three aways against the same opponent, so there's a good chance we'll get the homes we're due in the final five games, giving us 20 home and 18 away this season.

On the basis of home form giving us an extra game at home would help everyone else.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Will Rudi (no game in 18 months) be available for this game?

.Sean.
27-03-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm gonna stick my neck in the line here and say there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

If it did I'd expect the Hibs board to be furious and fight it all the way.

easty
27-03-2014, 11:28 AM
No danger that they'll make 3 out of 4 of the league derbies at Tynie. No chance.

Frazerbob
27-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Why haven't they published the post split fixtures by now?

Mikey
27-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm gonna stick my neck in the line here and say there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

If it did I'd expect the Hibs board to be furious and fight it all the way.

I agree that it won't happen, but I wouldn't expect the club to do anything other than accept it if it does.

But it won't.

Probably :greengrin

Saorsa
27-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Whats everyone's thoughts on going to Tynie for a 3rd time this Season?Same as the 1st time, I winnae be going.

It would be a disgrace if it was tae be played there. If it's tae be the last game of the season by that time (if we've picked up 2 or 3 points) it would likely be totally meaningless, naebody should go. If it's done it'll be lining their pockets and stealing from ours.

CraigHibee
27-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Will Rudi (no game in 18 months) be available for this game?

doubt it :greengrin

Saorsa
27-03-2014, 12:31 PM
I agree that it won't happen, but I wouldn't expect the club to do anything other than accept it if it does.

But it won't.

Probably :greengrinThat sounds about right, gutless wonders running our club would just suck it up.

Geo_1875
27-03-2014, 01:00 PM
As they will be down by then and we will be safe and nothing to play for it's unlikely to be picked for TV. What's the chances of a Saturday 3:00 kick off?

mjhibby
27-03-2014, 01:05 PM

Thats my understanding of the situation. If the last five fixtures are left as they are then we will have 20 homes and 18 away games.The other five teams fixtures are balanced at 19 home and 19 away so it makes sense to leave it as it is unless one of the current bottom six only got 18 home games last season in which case we could swap our game with them if that makes sense. Having checked last seasons scores it seems everbodys fixtures balanced out.So it looks like we are getting another home game.

Geo_1875
27-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Thats my understanding of the situation. If the last five fixtures are left as they are then we will have 20 homes and 18 away games.The other five teams fixtures are balanced at 19 home and 19 away so it makes sense to leave it as it is unless one of the current bottom six only got 18 home games last season in which case we could swap our game with them if that makes sense. Having checked last seasons scores it seems everbodys fixtures balanced out.So it looks like we are getting another home game.

Don't tell Rod, he'll want ST holders to pay at the gate.

Eyrie
27-03-2014, 07:01 PM
The derbies will be the first fixtures to be accommodated, so I'm not sure why this panic has surfaced again. There is no chance that we would be asked to play at the PBS for a third time in the league this season or any other, and nor would the Yams ever be expected to play at Easter Road three times.

The games where this could happen are ones with less involved off the pitch, so it'll be another trip to Partick or Kilmarnock.

craigmounthibby
27-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Can't see it happening. Sunday could be the last derby ever at the PBS.

degenerated
27-03-2014, 07:38 PM
On the basis of home form giving us an extra game at home would help everyone else.

The same logic applies to our away form too :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-03-2014, 08:42 PM
There's no chance we'll have 3 derbies at Tynecastle.

SouthamptonHibs
27-03-2014, 09:19 PM
With our current home form should we not lobby the SPL to get five away games after the split?

Saorsa
27-03-2014, 09:23 PM
With our current home form should we not lobby the SPL to get five away games after the split?Is our away form any better like? You clearly weren't at either Partick or St.Johnstone in the last couple of weeks. I was at the partick game and it was as bad as anything I've seen at ER.

SouthamptonHibs
28-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Is our away form any better like? You clearly weren't at either Partick or St.Johnstone in the last couple of weeks. I was at the partick game and it was as bad as anything I've seen at ER.

Very true our away form is not much better! I wasn't at Partick or St J's games but at Tynie on Sunday hoping for a decent performance and a win!

GGTTH

ChooseLife
28-03-2014, 02:25 AM
20,106 was our last derby attendance, can you imagine Rod's face when he's told he'll be losing a potential 10,000 home gate increase that he'll feel he's entitled to! (and rightfully so) he wont let it happen.

Aldo
28-03-2014, 05:47 AM
There will not be a third derby at the PBS. It will be at ER and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last game of the season.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2014, 07:59 AM
There will not be a third derby at the PBS. It will be at ER and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last game of the season.
Think by then it would be meaningless and TV run risk of a very poor game and poor crowd But if TV executives thought hear7 s could resign us to play offs then they might gamble and plump for it as last game

Paisley Hibby
28-03-2014, 08:09 AM
My memory sure ain't what it used to be but I seem to remember this happening before? i.e. them getting 3 home SPL derbies in one season?

Borderhibbie76
28-03-2014, 08:17 AM
My memory sure ain't what it used to be but I seem to remember this happening before? i.e. them getting 3 home SPL derbies in one season?

Never happened mate and it never will!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aldo
28-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Think by then it would be meaningless and TV run risk of a very poor game and poor crowd But if TV executives thought hear7 s could resign us to play offs then they might gamble and plump for it as last game

Prob true but would be great party at our own gaff.

Said it before (and I know we are poor) but we will not get relegated or finish 11th. St Midden will not make up 7 points on us.

DH1875
28-03-2014, 12:12 PM

Poor crowd? Do you not think we'll sell out the 3 stands? I can't get a ticket for Sunday so the game at ER will be my last chance to wave cheerio to the jambo **** on their way down.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Poor crowd? Do you not think we'll sell out the 3 stands? I can't get a ticket for Sunday so the game at ER will be my last chance to wave cheerio to the jambo **** on their way down.
If we had a good team and were going to turn them over yes . You could be right though
as I can't go on Sunday either so it might entice me to next one ,but the result tomorrow will partly determine that as well .

Del Boy
28-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Fixtures for bottom 6 are out next week

O'Rourke3
28-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Probably the first fixture which would involve telly and a big crowd at ER

Dashing Bob S
29-03-2014, 03:06 AM
If it's ER we might as well sell all tickets to Hibs fans only as the mutants will be relegated and probably heading for liquidation. None of them will want to show up even though it's their last shot at the big time for years, while we'll want to head along to laugh at the mugs.