PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Life - Rubbing it in?

SanFranHibs
26-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Or am I just paranoid.

Clicked on to their site tonight to check the scores and the first photo that came up......

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2014, 07:58 PM
haha was out for a beer with a Celtc fan earlier and said your 2 strikers and captain/main player are ex hibees. Cant blame any of them for earning 10x + more

lugz
26-03-2014, 08:07 PM
The 3 of them made the most of the platform hibs offered and are now reaping the benefits.

SanFranHibs
26-03-2014, 08:12 PM
The 3 of them made the most of the platform hibs offered and are now reaping the benefits.

No begrudging their good fortune from me and although it would be better for the team if they were still here it still reflects well on Hibs.

Jack
26-03-2014, 08:24 PM
If they're going to be elsewhere I'd prefer they were elsewhere elsewhere but, hey ho, that's life.

lugz
26-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Wow at any level thats a great goal

Hermit Crab
26-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Great finish by stokes

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Pretty depressing photo

TheFamous1875
26-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Pretty depressing photo

Imagine we had them now..

Not my usual attitude, but it's better than facing reality just now! Roll on next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Sad thing is, can't see where the next Stokes or Griffiths is coming from. We live in hope I guess...

TheFamous1875
26-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Sad thing is, can't see where the next Stokes or Griffiths is coming from. We live in hope I guess...

Both of them came from Premiership clubs...maybe that's what market we should be in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Well I've heard a rumour that Marsella has been spotted at a number of Man City games recently. Either watching Ya Ya Toure or unearthing the next Ryan McGivern

Michael
26-03-2014, 09:51 PM

In a couple of seasons time we could be comfortably in the top 3 or 4 in the league with four or five quality players.

Success for teams like ourselves who are usually in the top division (outwith Celtic) seems to be almost random.

Northern Hibby
26-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Have faith hibs will have pace next season

Source: Horses mouth ;-)

Iggy Pope
26-03-2014, 10:02 PM

Is this the problem? Maurice Malpas is still on a six hour round commute to drink in your boozer?

Billy Whizz
26-03-2014, 10:04 PM

I think we need more than pace. A goal scorer would be nice

The_Horde
26-03-2014, 10:22 PM

It's cruel enough making people play for hibs these days. That would just be animal cruelty.

Ronniekirk
26-03-2014, 10:27 PM
I think we need more than pace. A goal scorer would be nice
The young laddie fae Celtic didn't have any bother scoring when he came on think he is only 17 it said .So when we have players in their twenties that aren't scoring we need to be mindfull of saying we need to be patient and give them time .If you are a natural goal scorer you will score goals This lack of confidence thing does my head in .i am paid to do a job I can't go into work not do that job and blame a lack of confidence .well I could but I would get re trained and then performance managed and if not improving I would be sacked so players can't complain when punted in summer as at different stages they have all had their chance Cummings has just made step up so he deserves another opportunity next season .
However I noted we had several players that have played for first team playing against Sevco in under 20 game and we couldn't score against a weakened Sevco team so that was disappointing .Cummings Harris handling were three of the six I think .

SouthMoroccoStu
27-03-2014, 05:32 AM

We're signing a horse?

Makes a change from the donkeys we usually sign :wink:

Weststandwanab
27-03-2014, 06:39 AM

Source: Horses mouth ;-) Is that a quick horse ?

Alex Trager
27-03-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm really hoping on Hibs having a cracking season next season. All the away days being great fun and buzzing.

easty
27-03-2014, 07:47 AM
The young laddie fae Celtic didn't have any bother scoring when he came on think he is only 17 it said .So when we have players in their twenties that aren't scoring we need to be mindfull of saying we need to be patient and give them time .If you are a natural goal scorer you will score goals This lack of confidence thing does my head in .i am paid to do a job I can't go into work not do that job and blame a lack of confidence .well I could but I would get re trained and then performance managed and if not improving I would be sacked so players can't complain when punted in summer as at different stages they have all had their chance Cummings has just made step up so he deserves another opportunity next season .
However I noted we had several players that have played for first team playing against Sevco in under 20 game and we couldn't score against a weakened Sevco team so that was disappointing .Cummings Harris handling were three of the six I think .

It's not the same for a young player in the Celtic team as it is in ours FFS. Do you honestly think it is? The lad at Celtic is surrounded by quality players.

givescotlandfreedom
27-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Is that a quick horse ?

Like red rum on a motorbike.

AllyF
27-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Well I've heard a rumour that Marsella has been spotted at a number of Man City games recently. Either watching Ya Ya Toure or unearthing the next Ryan McGivern

Probably begging them to take him back.

JimBHibees
27-03-2014, 10:09 AM

So guessing an ICT player? Marley Watkins??

Ringothedog
27-03-2014, 12:25 PM

You spout some absolute nonsense at times. The quality of player at celtic is vastly superior to our team so he is more likely to get opportunities created for him than if he played at Hibs. I take it you were at the sevco game yesterday? as you appear to be disappointed with how we played and the result. My final point would be that Cummings, Harris and Handling are still young laddies who are learning their trade. They are U20 players who just happen to be playing first team football occasionally

Houchy
27-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Is that a quick horse ?

Like Ivan on a motorbike 🙊

craigmounthibby
27-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Sign the 3 of them now, Rod, you've got the money.

Rod?

Rod.....?