PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon could be out for Rest of Season

Ronniekirk
26-03-2014, 07:34 PM
T B saying if he needs a minor op he will be out rest of Season .This doesn't bode well as if another Defender were to get an Injury we have no cover .So should we not be blooding one of our young under 20 players .Foster had great game at Tynie last year at Centre Half ,could even of been his first full game for us . Boateng doesn't fill me with confidence from what I have seen of him .
What are folks views Should Foster and McGivern be partnered together in centre and Stevenson and a youngster at full backs or what other combination do we go with .Is Mayburys experience an asset as positionally he knows how to play full back , but his lack of pace probably means we need someone to double up .

HappyAsHellas
26-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Time to bring in Black and Baptie as others here have been saying over the last few weeks. Maybury is a bit too slow for their youngsters who will really have a go at him if he plays. I'd think he'd be a cert to pick up a red card for persistent fouling. Stevenson back in front of whoever is LB just to get some solidity back.

Brightside
26-03-2014, 07:41 PM
I really hope McGivern never plays for us again. Dreadful player.

carnoustiehibee
26-03-2014, 07:47 PM

Surely McGivern would be a better player if playing with better players beside him.

jacomo
26-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Time to bring in Black and Baptie as others here have been saying over the last few weeks. Maybury is a bit too slow for their youngsters who will really have a go at him if he plays. I'd think he'd be a cert to pick up a red card for persistent fouling. Stevenson back in front of whoever is LB just to get some solidity back.

I like this plan. McGivern frustrates me cos he looks like he should stroll this League but he just hasn't convinced. Lewis can't get to grips with LB for some reason but would add something at LM.

Don't know anything about the young lads but they surely deserve a chance - playing familiar faces just because it's a derby doesn't work.

Billy McKirdy
26-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Surely McGivern would be a better player if playing with better players beside him.

A poor excuse we hear all the time when excusing players who don't deserve excusing.
McGivern has been woeful for weeks, slow, indecisive and error prone. The best managers recognise poor form before it becomes habit and drop players with no hesitation.
I know we're short of experienced players but that's part of our problem, giving out of form players game time.
Time for the youngsters to get the nod.

Aldo
26-03-2014, 07:56 PM

McGivern on paper anyway is an international defender who played for Man City. (They must of seen something)

If and if he was that good he would stand out in a poor team. McGivern has been very very poor and can count on one hand how many games he has even been average.

Should be dropped IMHO.

carnoustiehibee
26-03-2014, 08:04 PM
A poor excuse we hear all the time when excusing players who don't deserve excusing.
McGivern has been woeful for weeks, slow, indecisive and error prone. The best managers recognise poor form before it becomes habit and drop players with no hesitation.
I know we're short of experienced players but that's part of our problem, giving out of form players game time.
Time for the youngsters to get the nod.

That's exactly my point. A good player would stand out on his own and move to bigger clubs...but we hear it all the time for players like Hanlon, Stevenson, wotherspoon, rankin got it, even nish. All mediocre players. Either they stay in the team and we accept constantly being a bottom 6 club or get rid

Billy McKirdy
26-03-2014, 08:20 PM
That's exactly my point. A good player would stand out on his own and move to bigger clubs...but we hear it all the time for players like Hanlon, Stevenson, wotherspoon, rankin got it, even nish. All mediocre players. Either they stay in the team and we accept constantly being a bottom 6 club or get rid

I do appreciate that TB has to show a certain loyalty to certain players who are here for the longer run, like McGivern, but when they lose form, drastically in his case imo, they SHOULD be dropped, NO question....and he is not the only one.
It's not a good time for us supporters. .yet again.
Roll on next season and the pre season axe!

Hibernia Na Eir
26-03-2014, 08:22 PM

He most certainly is.

One of THE worst players ever to pull on a Hibs shirt.

How he ever got to play at this at level is beyond comprehension.

Woefully bad.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2014, 08:26 PM
He'll be back for the play offs, don't worry.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2014, 08:36 PM

:tee hee:

DH1875
26-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Weeks :confused:. McGivern has been kite since the end off last season.

SunshineOnLeith
26-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Wotherspoon and Rankin are both first team regulars for top 6 teams...

RIP Bestie
27-03-2014, 01:17 AM
This just seems a daft statement. If I played centre half for Barcelona folk might not notice how bad I was. I would have liked to have seen McGivern at centre half but that's now two Hibs managers and his International manager that don't fancy him there so I would concede that they know more than me. I would say though that in my opinion he is a very poor left back.

we are hibs
27-03-2014, 07:58 AM
McGivern has never been the same since joining permanently. He's always seems to be involved in the goals we lose .

The Sea-gull
27-03-2014, 08:39 AM
He most certainly is.

One of THE worst players ever to pull on a Hibs shirt.

How he ever got to play at this at level is beyond comprehension.

Woefully bad.

Think that's a bit strong to be fair. He has played well at times but overall, after two seasons with us, he is not good enough.

He just doesn't seem like a left back. He is actually ok going forward but not so great at the back.

Maybe we should give him a try at centre half seen as Hanlon is now injured. That is maybe going to be more his natural position and he hasn't ever really had much game time there for Hibs.

dodecar
27-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Think that's a bit strong to be fair. He has played well at times but overall, after two seasons with us, he is not good enough.

He just doesn't seem like a left back. He is actually ok going forward but not so great at the back.

Maybe we should give him a try at centre half seen as Hanlon is now injured. That is maybe going to be more his natural position and he hasn't ever really had much game time there for Hibs.

I agree .I remember him being MoM when we put Hearts out the cup at ER and he play CH that day .he's a CH or nothing . Hanlon has never convinced me ,a lightweight.

JustSimplyHibs
27-03-2014, 09:59 AM

McGirven is never a left back! Put him in his natural centre halve position then we'll have a player.

dodecar
27-03-2014, 10:07 AM
:tee hee:

So would anyone . looks as is built like a center back though. He seems a nice lad

Eyrie
27-03-2014, 06:53 PM
There is actually a logic to playing McGivern at CH with Hanlon out as it provides better balance than playing the right footed Forster as the left CH.

craigmounthibby
27-03-2014, 06:59 PM
With Hanlon out, it has to be either Forster or Mcgivern at centre half against the cheats. Who plays at fullback to cover them is another debate (Maybury or Stevenson) - Boateng has bomb scare potential and should be on the bench.

Ronniekirk
27-03-2014, 10:24 PM
There is actually a logic to playing McGivern at CH with Hanlon out as it provides better balance than playing the right footed Forster as the left CH.
Was it not the st mirren game at home when Hanlon went off early doors and Stevenson had to go back to left back and foster had to go in beside nelson and we ended up 3 0 down as Stevenson got done twice and then balls into middle caused all sorts of problems for centre backs to deal with ? So McGivern might be best bet but he needs to cut out the og s and he needs to be switched on for full game he is far to prone to to having lapses in games where he iether just passes to opposition or crashes the ball off the opposition player when trying to clear and it ends up heading back into our own box But he has had a few good games at centre half .