PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Game

dp00
26-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Off up to skye for a few days on sunday leaving edinburgh around 9, anyone got any good suggestion where i could catch the game or somewhere id get good wifi to get it on my ipad ?

Sir David Gray
26-03-2014, 12:14 PM
You're out of luck I'm afraid.

Sunday's game's on BT Sport, not Sky.

HH81
26-03-2014, 12:20 PM
BT has an app which is just as good as sky go. :agree:

hibbymick
26-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Theres some no bad pubs to watch the game in portree.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Im not watching it... ill check the score at night. We have been let down so many times this season by a butch of complete wasters that I no longer have any confidence in hibernian football club whatsoever. ..... my son is dying to go to his first hibs game but sadly there is no way I could take him to watch this team

marinello59
26-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Im not watching it... ill check the score at night. We have been let down so many times this season by a butch of complete wasters that I no longer have any confidence in hibernian football club whatsoever. ..... my son is dying to go to his first hibs game but sadly there is no way I could take him to watch this team

We'll support you evermore. But not in a high stakes Detby game, we're too feart.
C'mon you, it's a Derby FFs.

edinburghhibee
26-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Heard there's a relegation party starting at the murrayfield hotel around 9am if that's on yer way out. Failing that the misty up in Portree is a cracking wee bar.

dp00
26-03-2014, 05:02 PM
You're out of luck I'm afraid.

Sunday's game's on BT Sport, not Sky.

BT Sports App will sort that issue out :)

Sir David Gray
26-03-2014, 11:08 PM
BT Sports App will sort that issue out :)

I'm sorry, it was a really bad attempt at making a really awful joke!

But no-one seems to have bitten!

Never mind! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
26-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry, it was a really bad attempt at making a really awful joke!

But no-one seems to have bitten!

Never mind! :greengrin
That's coz you forgot the e .thats me bittn :wink:

heretoday
27-03-2014, 07:58 AM
I'll be checking the score during Mothers Day lunch. Hearts and flowers.

SkyeHibs
27-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Heard there's a relegation party starting at the murrayfield hotel around 9am if that's on yer way out. Failing that the misty up in Portree is a cracking wee bar.

If you mean the Misty Isle Hotel it is in Dunvegan not Portree, I am not aware of a place called the Misty in Portree. Last few times I have been past the Misty it has been shut. Not many places have live football in Skye. The one place that used to is the Skeabost Hotel bar, it is worth checking with them if they have BT sport. Skeabost is on the way from Portree to Dunvegan.

edinburghhibee
27-03-2014, 09:02 AM
If you mean the Misty Isle Hotel it is in Dunvegan not Portree, I am not aware of a place called the Misty in Portree. Last few times I have been past the Misty it has been shut. Not many places have live football in Skye. The one place that used to is the Skeabost Hotel bar, it is worth checking with them if they have BT sport. Skeabost is on the way from Portree to Dunvegan.

Yeah that is the one!

SkyeHibs
27-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Off up to skye for a few days on sunday leaving edinburgh around 9, anyone got any good suggestion where i could catch the game or somewhere id get good wifi to get it on my ipad ?

Leaving Edinburgh at 9am to be sitting somewhere in Skye to see the game might be a bit optimistic. Does depend where on the island you are heading to though. I am in the north of the island from where it is 260 miles to Edinburgh, indeed after crossing the bridge I have another 55 miles to travel! Unless I was to break the land speed record and provoke the interest of PC Plod I certainly could not make it to the likes of here in time!

dp00
29-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Leaving Edinburgh at 9am to be sitting somewhere in Skye to see the game might be a bit optimistic. Does depend where on the island you are heading to though. I am in the north of the island from where it is 260 miles to Edinburgh, indeed after crossing the bridge I have another 55 miles to travel! Unless I was to break the land speed record and provoke the interest of PC Plod I certainly could not make it to the likes of here in time!

I was looking for suggestions on places to stop on way up if possible to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyeHibs
29-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I was looking for suggestions on places to stop on way up if possible to

Depending on the way you are going. The most direct route is up the A9 to Dalwhinnie and then across to Spean Bridge. You will not have too many possibilities coming this way, you don't come past that many licensed premises. Your best bet maybe to come up the A82 and stop off at Fort William. I don't know what bar there will have the game on but it is your most likely option. There are a few pubs on the High Street. Your only other option I can think of is leave early and try the asks oat on Skye although you might want to phone them first to see if they are showing the game. I know they used to show the fitba.

dp00
03-04-2014, 07:22 AM
In the end listened to first 20mims on the radio and the rest on the iPad in our hotel pub.

In truth wish I hadn't bothered ... Skye was good tho