PDA

View Full Version : Mindset

mikethehibee69
26-03-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't post on here that often, preferring to read the posts rather than post:greengrin however the last couple of weeks this site has become full of depressed people, doom and gloom and maybe Hibs Net should have a link to The Samaritans, as a lot of people on here sound like they may shortly require their assistance, never have I seen so much doom and gloom on here. I will probably get pelters for this, but I for one am seriously pissed off with the negative attitude of some people on here, supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster ride and it's bad at the moment, but IMHO TB will turn it around, so stop booing and start supporting:tin hat::brickwall

Either that or I suggest diazepam or other anti depressants:rolleyes:

Weststandwanab
26-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Good post I agree.

cmcd
26-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't post on here that often, preferring to read the posts rather than post:greengrin however the last couple of weeks this site has become full of depressed people, doom and gloom and maybe Hibs Net should have a link to The Samaritans, as a lot of people on here sound like they may shortly require their assistance, never have I seen so much doom and gloom on here. I will probably get pelters for this, but I for one am seriously pissed off with the negative attitude of some people on here, supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster ride and it's bad at the moment, but IMHO TB will turn it around, so stop booing and start supporting:tin hat::brickwall

Exactly Could not agree more :agree:

Pray4Marc
26-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Can someone confirm who could be relegated this Sunday and who is in administration?.

Hibby Gav
26-03-2014, 10:47 AM
:top marks

wee Stevie
26-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Agree 100 % good post.

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2014, 11:19 AM
fair post; however there's a big difference between being grumpy on a fans messageboard and being a D**K at the actual games (abusing players, etc).
I know I can moan on here about the team, but it's only coz the last 6 years have been horrific and diddy wee clubs continue to outperform us - But at the actual games, I am only positive and supportive.
I'd imagine others are the same.........

See you BTG on Sunday ! GGTTH

jakeshibs
26-03-2014, 11:29 AM

I agree, great post , Mon the Hibs!

PeeJay
26-03-2014, 12:00 PM

Don't really see the point of posts like this - this is a club and fanbase that has booed one of our players off the park after scoring 5 goals for us!

Doom and gloom is not a new thing, it's not even a Hibs' thing ... a decent team paying good football and winning stylishly, that's what we need and that's all it takes to change things around - anyway, if you think it's bad now wait until Sunday evening ​...

jacomo
26-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Can someone confirm who could be relegated this Sunday and who is in administration?.

Their problems don't mitigate our own underperformance, though.

Conversely, most of us enjoyed things more when Mowbray was in charge, even though that coincided with the height of the 'world cup stars and £51m new stand' madness in Gorgie.

Simply being better than Hearts is not enough.

The_Todd
26-03-2014, 12:26 PM
The last couple of weeks? It's been like this for years!

Waxy
26-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Been like this since we played at the meadows.

Brightside
26-03-2014, 12:38 PM

This is the problem IMHO. Far too many fans are far too bothered about another team.

eggbamyasi
26-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Agree with with op . Good post and ggtth bring on next season :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
26-03-2014, 12:42 PM

Conversely, most of us enjoyed things more when Mowbray was in charge, even though that coincided with the height of the 'world cup stars and £51m new stand' madness in Gorgie.

This is about style of play and lack of goals. When Mowbray was in charge we did not win every game far from it. But we did TRY to win every game. Often we could find ourselves 2 down at home but we knew we still had a chance of turning it round, that is simply no longer the case.

The football on offer for years has been dire and shows no sign of getting better. Yes Hibs fans want to win and be better than Hearts but that is not the reason you support the team, if it were we would have NO supporters.

All we want is a "team" working hard playing for each other looking like they have a clue and capable of scoring goals. Just give us a team that can provide some entertainment by playing attacking football if that happens fans will accept the defeats far easier just as we did under Mowbray.

number 27
26-03-2014, 12:49 PM
If supporting Hibs is a "rollercoaster ride" then its a pretty crap rollercoaster. It spends most of the time bumping around on the ground and then when it looks like taking off the whole thing stalls and goes backwards.

Still, mustn't grumble, we are a little better than that revolting shambles across town.:rolleyes:

DH1875
26-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Well said that man.

26-03-2014, 03:41 PM
TBH, the team haven't really given us fans a lot to be cheery about lately but I do agree with the OP to an extent, some of the over reactions on here have been ridiculous. I believe that if given time and once he has been able to get rid of the deadwood (and there is alot!) and start bringing in his own players and biuld his own team then Terry Butcher is the man to take us forward. He has a hard, no nonsense attitude with the players, and unlike previous managers doesn't constantly make excuses for poor performances. I thought Pat Fenlon was a lovely guy but I was sick of him constantly making excuses in interviews after very poor performances.

This week is all about the derby though. It'll no doubt be another bore fest of football, with two very poor teams playing and a lot at stake (more so than previous derbies) so it'll come down to who turns up with the best attitude and desire on the day. Too many times in the past we have gone into derbies with such a timid, defeatist attitude. Even in times gone by where we have had a better team than hearts, we have found ourselves on the loosing end because they simply rise to the occassion more and have a better attitude and desire. So what i'm saying is that we need to put the last couple months or so on the back burner for a while (i'm not gonna say forget because the mistakes and poor performances need to be reflected on later) and we need to to into that derby on sunday with a new, fresh winning mentality. They will have a full hibs section behind them so I hope they can show just as much passion and desire.

Hearts are there for the taking and as poor as we are atm, we are still the better side so the players should be going in there knowing this is a huge opportunity to put one over on them again this year.

craigmounthibby
26-03-2014, 05:15 PM
This is the problem IMHO. Far too many fans are far too bothered about another team.
Correct.

Ronniekirk
26-03-2014, 08:19 PM

diazepam is addictive ,Mutch better to post on here and get that negativity out the system .There s no point in phoning the Samaritans you can't get through after a Hibs defeat the lines are all engaged :confused:

Greencore
27-03-2014, 05:28 AM

Diazepam isn't an anti depressant.

mikethehibee69
27-03-2014, 07:56 AM

oh sorry i should have checked with the NHS helpline before posting...................although it is uesd for anxiety and panic attacks:na na:

Ronniekirk
27-03-2014, 08:28 AM
oh sorry i should have checked with the NHS helpline before posting...................although it is uesd for anxiety and panic attacks:na na:
Our defence have panic attacks constantly these days and our forwards are anxious they haven't scored for so long .Maybe you have hit on the solution :wink:

TornadoHibby
27-03-2014, 08:46 AM

I think that's what most Hibs fans are about! :agree:

We just want to be entertained, something that most of us have experienced for at least one "prolonged" (term used very loosely) period in our Hibs supporting life, some of us have had more than one! :agree:

Is that really too much to ask in exchange for our regular transfer of funds to the entertainment provider, i.e. Hibs!! :confused: :dunno:

There wouldn't be any "doom and gloom" if we were being regularly entertained by Hibs "on the field of play" IMO! :confused:

TornadoHibby
27-03-2014, 08:48 AM

That's a doctor for you though, eh?! :wink: :greengrin

Ronniekirk
27-03-2014, 09:26 AM
We will soon see whether T B has managed to instil this in the players for Sunday as without that Mental Resilience it will be a long 90 minutes On evidence of last two away games you would think it's aTall order ,but it's a Derby against our Rivals who have had the better record over us for years .So if they don't step up to the plate for this one then it confirms that a lot of these players simply don't have the bottle or desire to play for the jersey which would be totally unacceptable ,when you know the same won't be the case For them them. Surely that's not asking too Mutch of our players ?

Onion
27-03-2014, 09:32 AM
We will soon see whether T B has managed to instil this in the players for Sunday as without that Mental Resilience it will be a long 90 minutes On evidence of last two away games you would think it's aTall order ,but it's a Derby against our Rivals who have had the better record over us for years .So if they don't step up to the plate for this one then it confirms that a lot of these players simply don't have the bottle or desire to play for the jersey which would be totally unacceptable ,when you know the same won't be the case For them them. Surely that's not asking too Mutch of our players ?

Frankly, if TB can manage to raise this team to compete effectively against a determined Yam side, then it will be a minor miracle. Few of the current Hibs players have any self motivation, as evidenced when we go a goal down, and most of them look completely fed up.

Take it Hibs go into this game as underdogs ?

sleeping giant
27-03-2014, 10:48 AM

It can certainly cheer me up :greengrin

Speedway
27-03-2014, 12:32 PM

How long do your Hibs moments last for?

Waxy
27-03-2014, 12:45 PM
It was that Raith cup tie which knocked the stuffing out of us all.
Looking forwardish to next season already.