PDA

View Full Version : Hibs signings who have made an immediate impact

TheFamous1875
25-03-2014, 01:59 PM
We're at a lob ebb just now and a perennial factor that seems to scupper our chances of success is signing good players who've performed well with other teams - only for them to seemingly regress into huddys and cowards when purged onto the field.

What is that all about?

It can be a mixture of many things, such as coming to terms with the demands of a bigger club, the pressure of being an accomplished player at other clubs, the footballing style of the manager not being in tandem with the player's, or adjusting to life in a new city/new country.

It's argued that Liam Craig's somewhat turbulent adjustment to Easter Road has been down to him being given the captaincy, being deployed in a holding midfield role, or not having the quality in the squad around him to let him express himself. The majority of us were over the moon when he signed his pre contract and saw it as something of a coup to acquire the services of a goal-scoring midfielder who's team had finished third in the league.

Things haven't worked out as planned and Craig seems a shadow of the player we thought we'd brought to Hibs. What's the science behind this? You sign a good, proven player at the height of his game and expect him to take your club to the next level and the complete opposite happens.

It's not just him either of recent times to follow this now familiar path. Owain Tudur Jones, Paul Heffernan, Rowan Vine, Paul Cairney, Tim Clancy, Scott Robertson - the list seems to continue. All proven players at this level (bar Cairney).

It's not yet finished, but it's an extremely long list for this to seem to happen again and again and again.

I'm trying to think of what players had an immediate impact at Easter Road, and how they managed it where others previously mentioned have failed. The Sauzees, the Keith Wrights, the Joe Harpers (not that I'm old enough, but I'm sure his name starts many a palpitation 'round these parts!) - players who had it and brought it here to Easter Road as intended. The players who could change a season, or make a squad raise it's game.

What's the recipe for facilitating new players, and why are a hibs consistently failing to follow it? What are your memories, good and bad. Worse and brilliant.

I doubt this'll be as successful as my Tom Hart thread but here's hoping!!

Tom Hart RIP
25-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Joe Mcbride 8 goals in first 3 games and 12 in first seven will take some beating.

Elephant Stone
25-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Leigh Griffiths. Oh no wait, he was poor in his first season and was given time to settle. Maybe that could catch on..

:cb

mikewynne
25-03-2014, 02:48 PM
It was immediately obvious that Didier Agathe was a special talent.

RoslinInstHibby
25-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Latapy looked class from day one

Just_Jimmy
25-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Brian Kerr :wink:

Jones28
25-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Zemmama was class on his debut, against Celtic I believe?

Also thought Kujabi looked a decent prospect on his debut...

eggbamyasi
25-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Leigh Griffiths. Oh no wait, he was poor in his first season and was given time to settle. Maybe that could catch on..

Just dont get where your coming from there ...........;)
Such a bizzare way of thinking . I think all players we sign should be instantly amazing . If not **** them and sell them . That goes for managment too ....................

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rivers Cuomo
25-03-2014, 03:33 PM

Wasn't it Motherwell and he set up 2 for Brown?

Michael
25-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Liam Miller and Kevin McBride were fantastic until January.

frazeHFC
25-03-2014, 03:40 PM

I thought his debut was a 0-0 game in Inverness? Awful game but he looked decent from the off.

Marty-Hibee
25-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Big Jonesy? Admittedly I can't remember his debut, but the season as a whole, he was a revelation.

pentlando
25-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Can remember seeing Boozy preseason at er against Leeds. Was clear right away he was a great player, amazing first touch all game.

Jones28
25-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I thought his debut was a 0-0 game in Inverness? Awful game but he looked decent from the off.

You may well be right mate, I just remember him in a game against Celtic not soon after he singed where he absolutely ran the show.

yekimevol
25-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Well bar his red card at this debut at Ibrox, i think James Mcpake made an instant impact. Without him; i believe that we might have gotten relegated in the last half of the season, gave us the leadership and grit on the park that we needed then and now.

Onceinawhile
25-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Definitely was. It was a honking game.

craigmounthibby
25-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Chris Killen. He came into a Hibs squad that had o'connor, riordan and fletcher all vying for a place up front, and still made an immediate impact.

Golden Bear
25-03-2014, 04:19 PM
The next thread should be on the subject of which Hibs players in the last 10 years or so have went on to improve their careers with so called bigger and better Clubs?

Following on from Mowbray's golden generation I can't honestly think of anyone which in itself speaks volumes.

John Rankin has established himself in a fairly good Dundee United team but whether that can be classified as an improvement is open to debate.

The Sea-gull
25-03-2014, 04:21 PM

Think describing Griffiths as "poor" in his first season is a wee bit wide of the mark. Maybe it seems that way because his second season was so electric but 11 goals in 30 appearances along with some pretty decent performances in what was an even worse team than we have now is hardly poor.

Weir7
25-03-2014, 04:48 PM
We're at a lob ebb just now and a perennial factor that seems to scupper our chances of success is signing good players who've performed well with other teams - only for them to seemingly regress into huddys and cowards when purged onto the field.

What is that all about?

It can be a mixture of many things, such as coming to terms with the demands of a bigger club, the pressure of being an accomplished player at other clubs, the footballing style of the manager not being in tandem with the player's, or adjusting to life in a new city/new country.

It's argued that Liam Craig's somewhat turbulent adjustment to Easter Road has been down to him being given the captaincy, being deployed in a holding midfield role, or not having the quality in the squad around him to let him express himself. The majority of us were over the moon when he signed his pre contract and saw it as something of a coup to acquire the services of a goal-scoring midfielder who's team had finished third in the league.

Things haven't worked out as planned and Craig seems a shadow of the player we thought we'd brought to Hibs. What's the science behind this? You sign a good, proven player at the height of his game and expect him to take your club to the next level and the complete opposite happens.

It's not just him either of recent times to follow this now familiar path. Owain Tudur Jones, Paul Heffernan, Rowan Vine, Paul Cairney, Tim Clancy, Scott Robertson - the list seems to continue. All proven players at this level (bar Cairney).

It's not yet finished, but it's an extremely long list for this to seem to happen again and again and again.

I'm trying to think of what players had an immediate impact at Easter Road, and how they managed it where others previously mentioned have failed. The Sauzees, the Keith Wrights, the Joe Harpers (not that I'm old enough, but I'm sure his name starts many a palpitation 'round these parts!) - players who had it and brought it here to Easter Road as intended. The players who could change a season, or make a squad raise it's game.

What's the recipe for facilitating new players, and why are a hibs consistently failing to follow it? What are your memories, good and bad. Worse and brilliant.

I doubt this'll be as successful as my Tom Hart thread but here's hoping!!
Tommy McIntyre, Graeme Mitchell, Dougie Bell all signed late 1986.
And we won 3 - 1at Falkirk.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Tommy McIntyre, Graeme Mitchell, Dougie Bell all signed boxing day 1986.
And we won 3 nil at Falkirk. I think.

I thought Mitchell and McIntryre all signed on the day of a Hibs v Hearts game at ER

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Riordan (second time) came off bench vs Hamilton and curled one into the top corner:greengrin

neil7908
25-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Great shout, he was the first one to come to mind. Still remember signing him and going "who"?! Very quickly changed my mind after the first couple of games!

Smartie
25-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Murdoch - 1st start on Sat motm.

Forster - brilliant derby debut and very solid 1st 3 or 4 games at tail of last season.

Nelson - solid at start of this season, looked a great foil for Hanlon, I was disappointed when he got injured vs Celtic and we looked poorer without him.

McGivern - looked quality when he first arrived. Was delighted to see him sign permanently.

Stevenson - motm in a cup final, not long after breaking into a strong Hibs team.

Craig - still our top scorer (?) after regularly finding the net early on this season.

Thomson - often one of our best players when he was playing for free.

Stanton - one bright point in a very poor season. Excellent start to his Hibs career, grasped his first-team opportunity.

Heffernan - looked very good in his first few games pre-injury. I thought he was exactly what we needed.

I could go on. Now thinking about Booth and Harris and what's happened with them. These players are good enough and it wouldn't surprise me to see any of them leave and thrive elsewhere. God knows what we're doing to them.

Like it or not, Butcher's not going to be able to get rid of them all so he's going to have to spot qualities in some to keep and then add to that over the summer.

Iceman1875
25-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Grant Brebner the year we got relegated - he was awesome that year trying to keep us up from what I remember!

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Andy Walker.

Scored 2 on his debut iirc.

Never done much after that and he's a total bawbag into the bargain.

Kaiser1962
25-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Mickey Weir against Morton at ER in what was his third game, and he was outstanding in a 3-1 win in John Blackley's first home game in charge in front of a crowd of under 4k. Made his home debut a week earlier when we were beaten by Dumbarton 3-2 at ER in what was Pat Stanton's last game in charge. Crowd wasn't quite 4k for that one either if I remember correctly.

weedgiehibbie
25-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Bjarni Larusson scorring down at Killie on his debut? :confused:

Then not doing much else i think

Mr White
25-03-2014, 06:44 PM
John budgie burridge. It was always going to take a larger than life personality to replace both the andy gorams but he managed it and gave the whole club and support a huge lift of positivity and self belief imo.

Kato
25-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Forster - brilliant derby debut and very solid 1st 3 or 4 games at tail of last season.

Nelson - solid at start of this season, looked a great foil for Hanlon, I was disappointed when he got injured vs Celtic and we looked poorer without him.

McGivern - looked quality when he first arrived. Was delighted to see him sign permanently.

Stevenson - motm in a cup final, not long after breaking into a strong Hibs team.

Craig - still our top scorer (?) after regularly finding the net early on this season.

Stanton - one bright point in a very poor season. Excellent start to his Hibs career, grasped his first-team opportunity.

Heffernan - looked very good in his first few games pre-injury. I thought he was exactly what we needed.

Smartie.

Isak Refvik.

Tom Hart RIP
25-03-2014, 06:48 PM
John Collins aged 16 against Man City. Played on left wing and was outstanding. Best debut by youngster.
Dirk Lehman scored twice v Motherwell and if I remember Gareth Evans had an impressive debut scoring and making one in a 2-1 win over I think Dundee?

cabbageandribs1875
25-03-2014, 06:51 PM
keith Houchen :agree: scored on his debut v the grunts at the wongadome

which we lost 2-1 :eyes:

'Mon the Hibs
25-03-2014, 06:52 PM
De La Cruz - MotM in first game I think then scored a double against them, IIRC?

Glory Lurker
25-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Aye, for being able to miss an open goal from next to no distance at all! :wink: I left Tynecastle that day concerned that our 5-3-2 had the makings of a disaster, and that Agathe was a huddy. See me? Ah ken hings aboot fitba!

Smartie
25-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Smartie.

Isak Refvik.

Yep, reading back I did lose my way a bit there.

This malaise is far-reaching - be careful!

iwasthere1972
25-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Peter Marinello looked a player from the off.

Weir7
25-03-2014, 07:11 PM
I thought Mitchell and McIntryre all signed on the day of a Hibs v Hearts game at ER

Nope. Checked hibs fitba stats web site debut was awsy to Falkirk 3 jan 1987. We won 3 - 1.

New year derby was on 6th jan at ER. Two two draw. Original Game may have been postponed as pitch was waterlogged. Not sure if this was game we smashed them but coloughon scored two rakers

AlbertK86
25-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Gareth Evans....... For one game only !

Newcastlehibby
25-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Joe Mcbride 8 goals in first 3 games and 12 in first seven will take some beating.
Yes indeed. I was gutted when Colin Stein went to Rangers. What a replacement Joe McBride was. I remember he nearly burst the net - with a header!

heretoday
25-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Georgie Best made quite an impact!

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Georgie Best made quite an impact!

did he , i must have missed that. oh maybe that was the cup tie against ayr............

ekhibee
25-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Grant Brebner the year we got relegated - he was awesome that year trying to keep us up from what I remember!

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.
Brebner wasn't a signing at that time, he was a loan deal, but he was good for us that season.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Ed De Graff, instantly ******, and downhill from there.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:09 PM
did he , i must have missed that. oh maybe that was the cup tie against ayr............

Goal in his first game against St Mirren?

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Goal in his first game against St Mirren?

yes i was there we were 2=0 down and he scored right at the end, but he was still way below his best ( pardon the pun ) when he played for us.

CallumLaidlaw
25-03-2014, 08:11 PM
The next thread should be on the subject of which Hibs players in the last 10 years or so have went on to improve their careers with so called bigger and better Clubs?

Following on from Mowbray's golden generation I can't honestly think of anyone which in itself speaks volumes.

John Rankin has established himself in a fairly good Dundee United team but whether that can be classified as an improvement is open to debate.

Anthony Stokes, Sol Bamba?, Stephen Dobbie (although maybe just outside your 10 year bracket) but yeah struggling to think of many outwith Mowbrays youngsters

CallumLaidlaw
25-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Ed De Graff, instantly ******, and downhill from there.

He scored twice on his home debut didn't he?

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:13 PM
yes i was there we were 2=0 down and he scored right at the end, but he was still way below his best ( pardon the pun ) when he played for us.

:agree: So was I, some shot though, and if you remember the team of those days just before he joined us, I'd say a goal was an immediate impact - he certainly made one against the team formerly known as rangers shortly after.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:16 PM
He scored twice on his home debut didn't he?

Nae idea, he never lived up to the hype, and the impact as I remember it was mostly negative. I do recall a couple against Maribor. (?)

To be fair maybe we were encouraged to expect too much...........

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:16 PM
:agree: So was I, some shot though, and if you remember the team of those days just before he joined us, I'd say a goal was an immediate impact - he certainly made one against the team formerly known as rangers shortly after.:greengrin

sorry mate i take you liked georgie boy, he was a great footballer but not with us he was passed his sell by date and he couldnt care less if we won or lost as long as he got the dosh to spend in the local pubs.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Paul Wright scored a great late winner vAberdeen on his debut in a 3-2 win. Looked a good player until assaulted in a derby by a dirty Hearts bassa. Cannae mind his name. Had the tackle in 4 simultaneous photos in the paper. Shocker.

Glory Lurker
25-03-2014, 08:17 PM

The game that made me a Hibbie, so on a personal level he had the biggest impact. Curse you, Best! :grr: :greengrin

Glory Lurker
25-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Did Andy Dow not score on his debut - a cracker at EH11?

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Paul Wright scored a great late winner vAberdeen on his debut in a 3-2 win. Looked a good player until assaulted in a derby by a dirty Hearts bassa. Cannae mind his name. Had the tackle in 4 simultaneous photos in the paper. Shocker.

was it no neil berry , now there was a hammer thrower as souness use to say.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2014, 08:19 PM
was it no neil berry , now there was a hammer thrower as souness use to say.

That's the fellae.

Kato
25-03-2014, 08:20 PM

Neil Berry. wright was never the same. That's what Hearts fans think of as "glory".

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:21 PM
sorry mate i take you liked georgie boy, he was a great footballer but not with us he was passed his sell by date and he couldnt care less if we won or lost as long as he got the dosh to spend in the local pubs.

Nae worries, off the pitch I know you were right but he did produce one or two magic moments in his short career with us.
I mind seeing him in Jingling Geordies before the Ayr Utd away cup tie mixing with all the hibbies and he was listed in the squad where quite a few extra were travelling through to see him play! A bit worse for wear, flawed genius.....never would have ended up in in our colours if he wasn't - like him? yes.

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Neil Berry. wright was never the same. That's what Hearts fans think of as "glory".

thought paul wright was a good footballer with us till mr.berry put the boot in and he got away with it dirty hearts get. paul was never the same after that and to think berry ended up a hero with that lot big blonde headed erse.

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Nae worries, off the pitch I know you were right but he did produce one or two magic moments in his short career with us.
I mind seeing him in Jingling Geordies before the Ayr Utd away cup tie mixing with all the hibbies and he was listed in the squad where quite a few extra were travelling through to see him play! A bit worse for wear, flawed genius.....never would have ended up in in our colours if he wasn't - like him? yes.

yes your correct , but the ayr cup tie was at easter road and he got bladdered the day and night before with the irish rugby fans as our cup tie was on a sunday. so it must have been another game were you seen him in jingling geordies.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:30 PM
yes your correct , but the ayr cup tie was at easter road and he got bladdered the day and night before with the irish rugby fans as our cup tie was on a sunday. so it must have been another game were you seen him in jingling geordies.

You're right, mind playing tricks on me, used to be home and away in those days and he was a no show more than once, lucky it was a pay as you play arrangement. Definitely seen him in Jingling Geordies and there was another player with him - might have been Tony Higgins?

LaMotta
25-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Steve Archibald - 2 goals on his debut vs Stranraer

In general players that scored on their competitive debut seem to turn out to be disapointments, for example:

Keith Houchen
Gareth Evans
Andy Dow
Paul Tosh
Andy Walker
Brian Kerr
Dirk Lehman
Alan Gow

Others that took longer to get going but were worth the wait include:

Darren Jackson
Michael O'Neill
Mixu
Keith Wright ( didnt score until his 3rd game)
Kenny Miller
Deek
Gary O Connor

eastterrace
25-03-2014, 08:58 PM

In general players that scored on their competitive debut seem to turn out to be disapointments, for example:

Keith Houchen
Gareth Evans
Andy Dow
Paul Tosh
Andy Walker
Brian Kerr
Dirk Lehman
Alan Gow

Others that took longer to get going but were worth the wait include:

Darren Jackson
Michael O'Neill
Mixu
Keith Wright ( didnt score until his 3rd game)
Kenny Miller
Deek
Gary O Connor

think your a bit harsh on dirk lehman and gareth evans who use to me the main striker under mogadon

LaMotta
25-03-2014, 09:04 PM
think your a bit harsh on dirk lehman and gareth evans who use to me the main striker under mogadon

possibly - wasnt saying they were poor - just slightly dissapointing. They were def least dissapointing out of that list :greengrin

DTS
25-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Riordan (second time) came off bench vs Hamilton and curled one into the top corner:greengrin

Set up fletcher I think against Dundee United on his very first game back just after coming off the bench we won 2-1

Pretty Boy
25-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Did Andy Dow not score on his debut - a cracker at EH11?

He did.

Right through that big French keepers legs. 1-1 draw I think.

GreenLake
26-03-2014, 05:10 PM

Joe McBride Jr scored 2 late on in a derby to sicken the Yams after they went 2 up at Tynie in 1985. Can't find that video but here's him scoring for Everton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYZxiL9L0A

E10 Rifle
26-03-2014, 09:35 PM
I think Neil Orr may have scored on his debut and I would also say the likes of Goram made a big impact. Leighton was nervous as a kitten in his first game but settled pretty quickly from my gin sozzled memory.

kaimendhibs
27-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Isaac revkik scored twice on his debut against Morton. Thought we had really win a watch but the powers that be didn't give him a work permit on the grounds he wasn't a full international. Still bugs me now. Even worse, we were allowed to keep Sven mathieson

Sent from my iphone

kaimendhibs
27-03-2014, 12:49 AM
I think Neil Orr may have scored on his debut and I would also say the likes of Goram made a big impact. Leighton was nervous as a kitten in his first game but settled pretty quickly from my gin sozzled memory.

Neil Orr did score on his debut, it was a midweek game. Andy gorams first match ended nil nil, he got a massive cheer for tipping a long range shot over the bar.

Sent from my iphone

RIP Bestie
27-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Aye??? ****** sake!!
If he was anywhere near his best he wouldn't gave been anywhere near Easter Road.
The fact is that the only players that we had that were are good as a well under par George Best at that time were Jackie Mac, Ally McLeod and on his day, Ralphy. It was a privilege to watch my hero and, in my opinion, the greatest player in the world, in a Hibs strip.

Sunny1875
27-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Would bite your hand off for a Houchen, Evans or Lehmann just now

Tom Hart RIP
27-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Memory playing tricks. Gorams debut was 4-0 win over Dunfermline but he did get massive cheer for save in last minute.

Chump
27-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Marc Libbra made a great impact and was sadly let go!!

EdinMike
27-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Marc Libbra made a great impact and was sadly let go!!

Wasn't he just a loan !? Or did I just think that ?

Funkydunc
27-03-2014, 10:14 PM
I thought he was signed but just on a short term deal. I think he went to Norwich after us.

Greencore
28-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Alan Orman against rangers?
Konte...

Billy McKirdy
28-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Ignoring his debut against Hea7s in the sc semi defeat, Benji goal against the deluded ones at ER soon after was memorable.

jgl07
28-03-2014, 02:47 PM
I thought he was signed but just on a short term deal. I think he went to Norwich after us.
Mark Libbra was on loan.

Hibs could not afford the wages he was looking for.

soproni1
28-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Can remember seeing Boozy preseason at er against Leeds. Was clear right away he was a great player, amazing first touch all game.

Remember it well, Murphy debuted that game as well. Knew we were in for a good year despite losing that day!

brog
28-03-2014, 03:06 PM

It wasn't the Irish fans, it was the French rugby team & George didn't have a drink until about 10 pm. IIRC, & I was told this by Tom Hart, George had gone out for dinner with TH & Tom Younger. He was dropped back at the then NB & was heading for bed ( allegedly ) when spotted by Jean Pierre Rives. George didn't get to bed until about 7am. When Hibs went to pick him up from the hotel they almost had to break his room door down. George had pushed a wardrobe against it. When it was announced George was not playing on the Sunday fans were screaming at TH that he knew all along!! IIRC his replacement Willie Murray scored one of our goals in a 2-0 win in front of about 17,000.

JohnStephens91
28-03-2014, 03:07 PM

I could go on. Now thinking about Booth and Harris and what's happened with them. These players are good enough and it wouldn't surprise me to see any of them leave and thrive elsewhere. God knows what we're doing to them.

Like it or not, Butcher's not going to be able to get rid of them all so he's going to have to spot qualities in some to keep and then add to that over the summer.

Not read the whole thread, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the game was actually Murdoch's second appearance for Hibs. He made his debut away to Kilmarnock in a 3-1 win three days after the win over Hearts at the PBS. Scott Robertson and an Eoin Doyle double gave us the three points. :aok:

brog
28-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Johnny Graham. Signed in afternoon & made debut at home that night vs Airdrie. Scored 2 in a 3-1 win & scored 5 in his first 4 games! Missed a sitter vs Oldco at Hampden in cup semi replay I think & that was that.

MartinfaePorty
28-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Talking of Marc Libbra, I was reading an article recently which noted he is now a pundit for French TV. Must be a few of those around: Budgie, Sauzee, Collins.....Andy Walker!

jgl07
28-03-2014, 03:47 PM

Keith Houchen
Gareth Evans
Andy Dow
Paul Tosh
Andy Walker
Brian Kerr
Dirk Lehman
Alan Gow

What about Bjarni Lárusson? I seem to recall his getting a late goal on his debut.

Hibiza
28-03-2014, 03:56 PM
George best.

Squealing pig
28-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Andy dow

BroxburnHibee
28-03-2014, 07:17 PM
The minute Latapy touched the ball in his debut down at Ayr you knew we had something special.

LaMotta
28-03-2014, 08:18 PM
What about Bjarni Lárusson? I seem to recall his getting a late goal on his debut.

:agree: Played 7 games for us, we lost 6 and drew one.

judas
29-03-2014, 12:07 PM

yes indeed.

Sanger
29-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Neil Orr did score on his debut, it was a midweek game. Andy gorams first match ended nil nil, he got a massive cheer for tipping a long range shot over the bar.

Sent from my iphone

Thought it was 4-0 against pars. Remember the tip over.

kaimendhibs
29-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Thought it was 4-0 against pars. Remember the tip over.

Must be my memory playing up haha

Sent from my iphone

paul_hfc3
29-03-2014, 02:39 PM
I think the OP is wrong as suggesting Scott Robertson and Paul Heffernan is very harsh. They've barely been here or playing, I think they are good players and shouldn't be anywhere near the list of promising signing to a let down.

Sanger
29-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Must be my memory playing up haha

Sent from my iphone

I think Goram was told Hibs were a dour team that did not score many goals. That might have been the memory being tricked. If course his next game he priced his worth a we broke the Jambo 22 in a row at Easter Rd.

LaMotta
29-03-2014, 03:44 PM
I think Goram was told Hibs were a dour team that did not score many goals. That might have been the memory being tricked. If course his next game he priced his worth a we broke the Jambo 22 in a row at Easter Rd.

Not 22 but 17.

He had a slow start to Hibs career....some of the players had nicknamed him the dud after he made an error at love st.