PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hanlon Thanks Supporters

RSS Bot
25-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Defender wins Player of the Year Award

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140325/hanlon-thanks-supporters_2262950_3731211)

Saorsa
25-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on winning your award from the :scarf: supporters :scarf: :agree:

Brightside
25-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Defender wins Player of the Year Award

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140325/hanlon-thanks-supporters_2262950_3731211)

Great player. Well deserved.

Big_Franck
25-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Hanlon has had a decent season and probably deserves the player of the year award. Hopefully he goes on next year and improves again.

I find it a bit strange that we have already voted for and given out our player of the year award in March though.

Billychaotic182
25-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Without putting a downer on it but how on earth is Alex Harris our young player if the year? He has done nothing this season. Or is it for the calender year?

But well done paul. I never really appreciated Hanlon till he was out injured and we were a mess without him.

Frogga
25-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Without putting a downer on it but how on earth is Alex Harris our young player if the year? He has done nothing this season. Or is it for the calender year?

But well done paul. I never really appreciated Hanlon till he was out injured and we were a mess without him.

Yeah, would've thought it'd be Stanton?

Well done Paul :flag:

S4uzee
25-03-2014, 11:45 AM

:confused:

Tom Hart RIP
25-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Congratulations Paul.

Gatecrasher
25-03-2014, 11:51 AM
been our most consistant player, well deserved. Can you help shut out THEM please Paul. :tbgwa:

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Well deserved, had a good season.

If the only defending Hanlon ever had to do was on the ground he would be at a bigger club than Hibs IMO, still struggles with big forwards bullying him a bit though, hopefully will improve as he gets older.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2014, 11:57 AM

He is only 24 which is relatively young for a central defender. He has a lot of games under his belt, derbies, cup finals, relegation battles and European games. He has strengths and he has weaknesses but if we hold on to him for the next 3- 5 years and he keeps on developing the way I hope he will he could truly become a Hibs great.

Pleased for him.

Hibiza
25-03-2014, 12:03 PM
don't see it. average. a benchmark for how rank we are.

TowerHibs
25-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Just hearing tht hanlon may miss rest of the season due to knee injury....potential operation needed

Brightside
25-03-2014, 12:17 PM
McGivern, Nelson and Boetang are not the answers. Hope we have other u20s to come in.

TheFamous1875
25-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Just hearing tht hanlon may miss rest of the season due to knee injury....potential operation needed

If that's the case, he'll definitely win player of the season too!

Personally, I don't get the negativity. He's one of our most talented and consistent players. He's the last player I'd get rid of just now. We may not be where we want to be but Hanlon could be a big part of what gets us there. If we ever outgrow him, fair enough - but to say he's not good enough for the rubbish team we have when he's one of the undisputed better players is laughable.

It might speak volumes that he is one of our best players rather than an integral cog, but that's where we are, and he can be a big part of where we're meant to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

edinburghhibee
25-03-2014, 12:52 PM
I could come on here and say exactly what I think but I'll not.... Well done Paul.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Hanlon is developing into a good defender, 24 is still very young for a centre back.

He's way down the list of problems at ER.

Well done to him.

silverhibee
25-03-2014, 01:51 PM

FFS if true..

silverhibee
25-03-2014, 01:53 PM
McGivern, Nelson and Boetang are not the answers. Hope we have other u20s to come in.

:agree:

McGivern shouldn't even be in the squad for Sunday.

silverhibee
25-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Well done Paul Hanlon, the correct choice for POTY.

TowerHibs
25-03-2014, 03:08 PM
FFS if true..

Yeah now had this confirmed. Like I said on another thread, PH is usually a fast healer however been told be someone at EM that it looks like surgery is required. He saw consultant this morning with club doctors

silverhibee
25-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah now had this confirmed. Like I said on another thread, PH is usually a fast healer however been told be someone at EM that it looks like surgery is required. He saw consultant this morning with club doctors

Cheers.

The last thing we need right now.

RIP
25-03-2014, 04:49 PM
A team of guys with the work ethic, fitness and discipline of Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson would do for me

Not surprising that successive managers have kept the faith - they can't all be wrong :tbgwa:

silverhibee
26-03-2014, 11:32 AM
A team of guys with the work ethic, fitness and discipline of Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson would do for me

Not surprising that successive managers have kept the faith - they can't all be wrong :tbgwa:

And yet it seems Butcher has dropped Lewis from the 1st 11 over the last few weeks.

JOD
26-03-2014, 12:28 PM

I'm definitely missing something here :confused:

marinello59
26-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm definitely missing something here :confused:

What's confusing? The poster was pointing out that he reckons Hanlon is a great player who deserved his award. Is that so hard to compute?

jdships
26-03-2014, 03:08 PM
What's confusing? The poster was pointing out that he reckons Hanlon is a great player who deserved his award. Is that so hard to compute?

Just beat me to it !
A young player who in many games has " held the fort"
Deserves the accolade :thumbsup:

:flag:

sesoim
26-03-2014, 03:12 PM

Are you being serious? He has been an ever present part of a Hibs team that has been garbage for years, and he has played a big part in that.

sesoim
26-03-2014, 03:12 PM
don't see it. average. a benchmark for how rank we are.

Exactly.

sesoim
26-03-2014, 03:15 PM

Yeah, if you enjoy watching First Division football. And as for the managers keeping the faith, where are they all now?

The only reason Hanlon and Stevenson still get games is because of all the dross signings that have been made in the last 7 years, If we had had a decent manager during that time, Stevenson would have been released by now and Hanlon would be a squad player, nothing more.

Saorsa
26-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I see you've found yer way back tae somewhere with an internet connection, what a pity. :yawn:

sesoim
26-03-2014, 03:18 PM

The poster finds it hard to believe that anyone could think Hanlon was a great player. I think most people who haven't got Hibs coloured blinkers on would agree.

Brightside
26-03-2014, 03:21 PM
The poster finds it hard to believe that anyone could think Hanlon was a great player. I think most people who haven't got Hibs coloured blinkers on would agree.

Every coach i know rates him... If you dont see it then you must have blinkers. He's had about 3 bad games in the last 12 months.

The_Horde
26-03-2014, 05:39 PM
And yet it seems Butcher has dropped Lewis from the 1st 11 over the last few weeks.

Don't understand that either. If Butcher wants someone trickier on the wing then why not either play him at left back or CM? He's a better player than Taiwo.

He'd be in my team for Sunday. If butcher plays McGivern then get him at left mid, we've been solid pretty much every time they've played together on the left.

KuqiKuqiCoo
26-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I really don't get all this chat about hanlon only being a good player as we have a crap team..absolute nonsense. Hanlon is not far off the best centre backs in the league. Too much negativity at the moment

easty
26-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I really don't get all this chat about hanlon only being a good player as we have a crap team..absolute nonsense. Hanlon is not far off the best centre backs in the league. Too much negativity at the moment

Totally agree.

There are centre halfs in the SPL who are better, but not many.

Aldo
26-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Every coach i know rates him... If you dont see it then you must have blinkers. He's had about 3 bad games in the last 12 months.

Indeed he has. I have said it before... He should be captain.

I really don't know what folk expect tbh. Everytime he pulls on the jersey he gives his all. Never shirks responsibility.

Easily our best CH for the last few years but always seems to be criticised for the slightest mistake whilst others around him manage to escape it.

Deserves it Well Done Paul

Jones28
26-03-2014, 06:50 PM

A side of me hopes this is true, it would show the all the negative numpties on here just how valuable a player he has been for us over the last few years.

But well done Paul, absolutely deserved

Aldo
26-03-2014, 07:03 PM
A side of me hopes this is true, it would show the all the negative numpties on here just how valuable a player he has been for us over the last few years. But well done Paul, absolutely deserved

Indeed it would J28 but tbh it still wouldn't matter. He has been the best defender at club for last 3 or so seasons.

Northernhibee
26-03-2014, 07:07 PM

Here, I'd learn how to speak for yourself before you try to speak for other people.

Zazu62
26-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Are you being serious? He has been an ever present part of a Hibs team that has been garbage for years, and he has played a big part in that.

This.

Aldo
26-03-2014, 07:12 PM
This. Wonder whose next if he's out injured.

Sorry I can answer my own question but will wait to see if I'm right.

Tyler Durden
26-03-2014, 07:16 PM
I think Hanlon deserves his award, best of a bad bunch. But he remains an average player IMO, not even amongst the best centre backs in a poor SPL.

24 is not young. The boy Souttar is playing centre half for Dundee Utd at 16/17, that's young. Grant Hanley is 22 and has 12 caps for Scotland. Berra was 24 when he moved to Wolves for £1.5m - can anyone see Championship teams moving for Hanlon anytime soon?

Elsewhere in the SPL, Reynolds was more highly regarded, got his move down South and failed. Currently Hutchison at Well and Gunning at Utd are better players and are attracting interest. Hanlon doesn't get the same attention because he's not as good, it's that simple.

With the way he's been outmuscled by the likes of May and Ciftci this year, I don't see the progress some others do. He's still too weak, not enough aggression.

Think he could be another Gordon Hunter, stay with Hibs for 10 year, but he's not capable of going further IMO. I'm sure Underscore will be along shortly to tell me I'm talking pish:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-03-2014, 07:26 PM

My opinion only but I think you'll find that's tosh. I'll take Terry's appraisal over theirs TB's experienced and honest enough that'll do for me. He hasn't got rangers tinted specs so unlikely to especially have Hibs ones.

Well done - sorry's not the hardest word for some Hibbies it seems...

Saorsa
26-03-2014, 07:34 PM
My opinion only but I think you'll find that's tosh. I'll take Terry's appraisal over theirs TB's experienced and honest enough that'll do for me. He hasn't got rangers tinted specs so unlikely to especially have Hibs ones.

Well done - sorry's not the hardest word for some Hibbies it seems...I wouldnae think it's only yours TBH. 77 time capped CH and veteran of 3 world cups thinks he's got what it takes, a few posters on here think he hasnae. I wonder which opinion is worth mair? :hmmm:

Difficult choice? Nah!

Well done Paul, supporters POTY :thumbsup: :flag:

Brightside
26-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I think Hanlon deserves his award, best of a bad bunch. But he remains an average player IMO, not even amongst the best centre backs in a poor SPL.

24 is not young. The boy Souttar is playing centre half for Dundee Utd at 16/17, that's young. Grant Hanley is 22 and has 12 caps for Scotland. Berra was 24 when he moved to Wolves for £1.5m - can anyone see Championship teams moving for Hanlon anytime soon?

Elsewhere in the SPL, Reynolds was more highly regarded, got his move down South and failed. Currently Hutchison at Well and Gunning at Utd are better players and are attracting interest. Hanlon doesn't get the same attention because he's not as good, it's that simple.

With the way he's been outmuscled by the likes of May and Ciftci this year, I don't see the progress some others do. He's still too weak, not enough aggression.

Think he could be another Gordon Hunter, stay with Hibs for 10 year, but he's not capable of going further IMO. I'm sure Underscore will be along shortly to tell me I'm talking pish:wink:
At least you know you are talking pish. He is way ahead of Hutchison and Gunning, and was on Strachans list for the last squad. He's far to good for Hibs thats for sure!

Jones28
26-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I wouldnae think it's only yours TBH. 77 time capped CH and veteran of 3 world cups thinks he's got what it takes, a few posters on here think he hasnae. I wonder which opinion is worth mair? :hmmm:

Difficult choice? Nah!

Well said DD

cmcd
26-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I wouldnae think it's only yours TBH. 77 time capped CH and veteran of 3 world cups thinks he's got what it takes, a few posters on here think he hasnae. I wonder which opinion is worth mair? :hmmm:

Difficult choice? Nah!

Have seen quite a few awful defenders in my time watching Hibs Paul Hanlon is NOT one of them As has been said by others I am happy to go with TBs opinion

Tyler Durden
26-03-2014, 07:55 PM
At least you know you are talking pish. He is way ahead of Hutchison and Gunning, and was on Strachans list for the last squad. He's far to good for Hibs thats for sure!

What list is that? I must have missed that report/interview with Strachan.

Too good for Hibs? Im speechless!