PDA

View Full Version : Petrie to hearts

Monts
24-03-2014, 01:50 PM
With the growing feeling among the support that petries time has come, it stands to reason that he will leave at some point.

Obviously hearts financial situation means that (if they survive) they will need someone who can run a tight, efficient ship to get them back to the top league.

So with that in mind, what would you think if he left us and went over the road?

Would you be glad he was gone? Gutted he will get hearts back on track? Sad to see him go?

jdships
24-03-2014, 02:10 PM
With the growing feeling among the support that petries time has come, it stands to reason that he will leave at some point.

Obviously hearts financial situation means that (if they survive) they will need someone who can run a tight, efficient ship to get them back to the top league.

So with that in mind, what would you think if he left us and went over the road?

Would you be glad he was gone? Gutted he will get hearts back on track? Sad to see him go?

:yamlaugh::stirrer::greengrin

jonty
24-03-2014, 02:11 PM

They could only dream :greengrin

jakeshibs
24-03-2014, 02:44 PM

Growing feeling among some supporters not all, I am glad he has given us the stability he has and the backing, and I don't blame him for the product on the field, and the football we have to endure, this is the players and managers and they must take responsibility.. am not happy watching Hibs at present but really its RP fault is an easy get out.

Lets stand together, as a unit, Board, management players and supporters lets be positive, my opinion as stated but things could be a lot worse.
Mon the Hibs and win at PBS make me smile!

Jones28
24-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Petrie is not solely responsible for what is wrong. In fact, turn that on it's head and say that everything that is right at the club is down to him.

jakeshibs
24-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Petrie is not solely responsible for what is wrong. In fact, turn that on it's head and say that everything that is right at the club is down to him.

I agree well said

Steve20
24-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Will it take actual relegation this season for people to wake up to his failings? How many years and how many managers must we go through for people to see.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2014, 03:17 PM
I want him to stay so we can finally tell next season if he has at last managed to land the right manager and backs him.

Hibercelona
24-03-2014, 03:25 PM

Well considering clubs in Scottish football can cheat to the extent that Hearts have and basically get away with it scot free, they're welcome to have Petrie, while we have our turn at screwing over companies for players we can't afford.

Thing is, if we somehow manage to get relegated this season. Our non cheating will lead to more or less the same result as Hearts endless years of cheating.

Sure, we have a new stand and our own training facilities. Only problem is, if we end up in the championship with them, these things won't count for *****.

MWHIBBIES
24-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Will it take actual relegation this season for people to wake up to his failings? How many years and how many managers must we go through for people to see.People can see perfectly fine they just have a different opinion.

jakeshibs
24-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Will it take actual relegation this season for people to wake up to his failings? How many years and how many managers must we go through for people to see.

so you think HIBS performance was down to RP???

Jones28
24-03-2014, 03:29 PM

Who picks, deploys and motivates the team? The manager did last time I checked.

And to say managers haven't been backed is crap as well. Fenlon made something like 30 signings, how else did he make them if it wasn't for financial backing in some way or another.

greenlex
24-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Were not getting relegated FFS. Calm doon.:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
24-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Were not getting relegated FFS. Calm doon.:rolleyes:

Sorry. I forgot some folk on here could see into the future, so know for sure exactly how this is all going to play out. I feel much better now. :aok:

sven nil
24-03-2014, 03:39 PM
so you think HIBS performance was down to RP??? I do mate!

jakeshibs
24-03-2014, 03:44 PM
I do mate!

ok we all have our opinions I disagree, I put that down to the management, tactics, motivation, desire and the players. but we all have our opinions and i value yours. lets hope we can agree that no matter what we best get it right this weekend at the PBS. Mon the Hibs

Jones28
24-03-2014, 03:55 PM
I do mate!

Fair enough everyone has their own opinion, but I cant understand this kind of thing.

What could Petrie possibly do to change things on the park?

He picks the managers yes, but I don't recall many being too upset at the appointments he has made.

Mowbray: young, ambitious manger with good coaching pedigree

Collins: young and ambitious like Mowbray, good footballing philosophy and ex player to boot

Paatelinan: proven managerial experience with Cowdenbeath, ex player too.

Yogi: was doing well with Falkirk, decent record with young players like stokes and arfield

Calderwood: good coaching pedigree in England, should've been punted after the bag of sweeties incident

Fenlon: good record in Ireland and touted for the Dundee utd job.

Butcher: had Inverness flying when he came to us, good record when comes to pulling signings out the bag.

So who was really arguing? Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

Saorsa
24-03-2014, 04:20 PM
So with that in mind, what would you think if he left us and went over the road?I couldnae give a FFF where he went as long as he's no here.

Would you be glad he was gone?Nah I'd be gutted :rolleyes:

Sad to see him go?definitely :boo hoo: :rolleyes:

Eyrie
24-03-2014, 08:12 PM

I could live with that as long as he then appoints Calderwood as their manager on a ten year contract.

jacomo
25-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Sorry. I forgot some folk on here could see into the future, so know for sure exactly how this is all going to play out. I feel much better now. :aok:

I can believe there are fortune tellers on here. There are others who can give a detailed critique of a match without having seen it. :wink:

Any other Hibbys with mystical powers?

frazeHFC
25-03-2014, 12:27 AM
The last few games, and many games over the last few seasons, some of our players look like the couldn't give a flying **** half the time, and some look decent at times but become distinctly average at best. That isn't down to Petrie. Although he can take some of the blame in managerial appointments/backing, it's the players that need a long hard look at themselves.

jakeshibs
25-03-2014, 12:45 AM
The last few games, and many games over the last few seasons, some of our players look like the couldn't give a flying **** half the time, and some look decent at times but become distinctly average at best. That isn't down to Petrie. Although he can take some of the blame in managerial appointments/backing, it's the players that need a long hard look at themselves.

I agree

Bostonhibby
25-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I can believe there are fortune tellers on here. There are others who can give a detailed critique of a match without having seen it. :wink:

Any other Hibbys with mystical powers?

I had a feeling that Agogo and O'Brien were going to be Forking useless, does that count?