PDA

View Full Version : Send Them Down!

Thecat23
24-03-2014, 01:33 PM
This season has been torture for us once again. But come this w'end we could do what every Hibs fan has dreamed about. Relegating that horrible mob and hammer that final nail in the coffin.

No matter what has happened thus far if we can just put in a performance this Sunday to wipe the snide grins of their faces would be perfect.

Believe me, every single one of them will be hurting like hell if it's us that sends them down. No matter what lies they say it's bull****. This derby is massive and one that for once Hibs must win.

COME ON THE HIBEES!!!!!

Mikey
24-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I think we need St Mirren to get a point before then so we can be given the chance to finalise it. And St Mirren picking up a point is sure to get some sphincters twitching on here :greengrin

I would be a once in a lifetime opportunity that MUST be taken.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2014, 01:50 PM
The ying and the yang of our Hibstory...

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I think we need St Mirren to get a point before then so we can be given the chance to finalise it. And St Mirren picking up a point is sure to get some sphincters twitching on here :greengrin

We seem to get a lot of once in a lifetime opportunities.:coffee:

wazoo1875
24-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Yes, we have to take this opportunity. Just for once let us have the time of our lives at Tynie. I actually cannae wait to see the ending!!

Big90inOz
24-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Like beating them in a Scottish cup Final ??

We are in the bottom half for a reason,sadly its our level once again.

Thecat23
24-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Let's be honest though, hearts are just as bad if not worse. We at least have a real chance unlike the cup final when stepping back we never really did. Their team was far better.

Mikey
24-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Sorry, I can't do anything about that. I can look forward to Sunday though.

Golden Bear
24-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Let's be honest though, hearts are just as bad if not worse. We at least have a real chance unlike the cup final when stepping back we never really did. Their team was far better.

Aye at least they have players who can run with the ball at their feet and they do create the occasional chance..

We've had a slight upper hand so far this season and slight will do me fine on Sunday.

KeithTheHibby
24-03-2014, 02:31 PM
If the players show the same passion as the fans on here we should win. Unfortunately this team of ours will need to prove they can match this passion.

Man for man we are better than them, we just need to apply ourselves in the correct way.

jakeshibs
24-03-2014, 02:31 PM
This season has been torture for us once again. But come this w'end we could do what every Hibs fan has dreamed about. Relegating that horrible mob and hammer that final nail in the coffin.

No matter what has happened thus far if we can just put in a performance this Sunday to wipe the snide grins of their faces would be perfect.

Believe me, every single one of them will be hurting like hell if it's us that sends them down. No matter what lies they say it's bull****. This derby is massive and one that for once Hibs must win.

COME ON THE HIBEES!!!!!

love this post Mon the Hibs!!

Pete
24-03-2014, 02:44 PM

No matter what has happened thus 'far if we can just put in a performance this Sunday to wipe the snide grins of their faces would be perfect.

COME ON THE HIBEES!!!!!

Exactly. We are going through a rough patch but people are forgetting that they are utter dross.

Positivity from now until Sunday please.

Jones28
24-03-2014, 03:19 PM

COME ON THE HIBEES!!!!!

100% this, lets get thum tae ****! C'mon Hibs, just get it done.

Sean1875
24-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Just need to pray St Johnstone dont get a win against St Mirren tomorrow :aok:

weonlywon6-2
24-03-2014, 03:49 PM
we need to score first, and if they need to win to stay up then it makes things that we bit harder for them as they have to come out and attack

hfc-1875
24-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Just need to pray St Johnstone dont get a win against St Mirren tomorrow :aok:

Hoping st johnstone take there foot off the gas now they have top 6 secured. Doubt it though, but hopefully st mirren nick a point.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Old saying that you need to hit rock bottom, before you can start on the way up. I think that it might very well come this weekend.

RCNG
24-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Do St Mirren not have a game on Sat too?

jonny
24-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Do St Mirren not have a game on Sat too?

They are at home to St Johnstone Tuesday and away to Inverness on Saturday.

Hibercelona
24-03-2014, 05:47 PM
If we're going to beat them, we're going to have to be as good as the last time we beat them. That means players running into space and linking up well.

The performances of late won't cut it. We have to be better.

3pm
24-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I thought Ross County and Partick still need points as well?

lucky
24-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Hibs have been a disappointment for most of my time supporting them but on Sunday it's the chance for the current team to give something back to us fans by sending that mob down

bigwheel
24-03-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm now more interested in a win to help keep us up !

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Hibs have been a disappointment for most of my time supporting them but on Sunday it's the chance for the current team to give something back to us fans by sending that mob down

Regardless of Sundays result, they have to face us at Easter Road. I expect they will boycott us over some perceived injustice or other.

rcarter1
24-03-2014, 07:56 PM
We seem to get a lot of once in a lifetime opportunities.:coffee:

Stole the words right out my mouth..

rcarter1
24-03-2014, 08:02 PM
I thought Ross County and Partick still need points as well?

Only St Mirren need a point (to get to 28pts) to allow us the opportunity to relegate Hearts. This because if we beat Hearts on Sunday they will be able to reach a maximum of 27pts by winning their last 7 games.

Ross County and Partick getting points is only relevant if they two, and STMirren and Kilmarnock all get to 31 before we play Hearts, meaning they will be down already.

Ronniekirk
24-03-2014, 08:06 PM

I am going to go to the Saint Mirren v. St Johnston game midweek as think St Johnstone may take thier foot off the Gas and Home team could get something .Want to see how they play so will be able to give a view on whether I think they can pick up points or not in coming weeks .:confused:

Allan45
24-03-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't think we will beat Hearts, we are worse than them. If both teams play to their full potential, we will still lose:confused:

3pm
24-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I am going to go to the Saint Mirren v. St Johnston game midweek as think St Johnstone may take thier foot off the Gas and Home team could get something .Want to see how they play so will be able to give a view on whether I think they can pick up points or not in coming weeks .:confused:

I'll be hanging on your every word Ronnie.

Springbank
24-03-2014, 08:14 PM

COME ON THE HIBEES!!!!!

We should get a big banner for Sunday that just says "SEND THEM DOWN!"

Glory Lurker
24-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping for two St Mirren draws so that we only need a draw to do the deed. More than happy to accept a win, though!

EDIT - am I havering?

Pete
25-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I don't think we will beat Hearts, we are worse than them. If both teams play to their full potential, we will still lose:confused:

That would explain why they would still be bottom even if they didn't suffer a points deduction for cheating.

If we play to our full potential we will win. They are mince.

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 12:09 AM
That would explain why they would still be bottom even if they didn't suffer a points deduction for cheating.

If we play to our full potential we will win. They are mince.
Well we haven't done that a lot and with Hanlon out and Watmore likely not to be risked the chances of us playing to potential diminish for me unless he throws in some youngsters who seize the moment a bit like foster did last Season at centre Back when thrown in

RIP
25-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Only St Mirren need a point (to get to 28pts) to allow us the opportunity to relegate Hearts. This because if we beat Hearts on Sunday they will be able to reach a maximum of 27pts by winning their last 7 games.

Ross County and Partick getting points is only relevant if they two, and STMirren and Kilmarnock all get to 31 before we play Hearts, meaning they will be down already.

If that happens won't we be 3 points off 2nd last? Personally hope they all go on a losing streak

Onion
25-03-2014, 08:08 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-can-t-put-faith-in-fortune-to-keep-them-safe-1-3352224

Free razor blade with every copy of the Scotsman this morning.

DarrenSQH
25-03-2014, 08:23 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-can-t-put-faith-in-fortune-to-keep-them-safe-1-3352224

Terrible article when they get who is 11th wrong straight away. Seemingly if you lose every week you will get into trouble. Who knew.

matty_f
25-03-2014, 08:31 AM

What a ridiculously unbalanced article. Worst case scenario at every turn. It's like a kid wrote it.

Mikey
25-03-2014, 08:56 AM
What a ridiculously unbalanced article. Worst case scenario at every turn. It's like a kid wrote it.

Or it could have been lifted straight off here.

wookie70
25-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Not how I read it. Lots on here worried about players who have already chucked it and our record against the Jambos. The point made about the way points stay in the bottom six is what worries me most. The good news is our record is far better against teams in the bottom half. If we get one more win we will be hard to catch

Lucius Apuleius
25-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Arithmetic not your strongest trait Mr Carter? :-)

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Not how I read it. Lots on here worried about players who have already chucked it and our record against the Jambos. The point made about the way points stay in the bottom six is what worries me most. The good news is our record is far better against teams in the bottom half. If we get one more win we will be hard to catch
St mirren and Partick both beat us last time we played them Let's see how we fair against hearts .Could we not play Ross county twice although the law of averages says they are due a win Would prefer to be at home against them TB said as we had three away games coming up the pressure of not playing at E R would help us well we have lost our first two so let's see if it's third time lucky on Black Sabbath

Mikey
25-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Black Sabbath

I like that :greengrin

:top marks

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 09:23 AM
I like that :greengrin

:top marks
Can't claim it ,some one on tam Cowan radio show dubbed it that .But the yams getting Paranoid ( second single I ever bought ) I will claim:wink:

greenpaper55
25-03-2014, 09:34 AM

To save you reading the whole of this dross here is a wee snippet

"What is more, the four teams above Hibs all play again on Saturday, a day before the Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle. They are all away to teams in the upper half of the table, and it is hard to see any of them winning."

Either he is a fool or drunk or maybe both ?.

lyonhibs
25-03-2014, 12:20 PM
The best course of action will be to expect history to repeat itself for the umpteenth time and Hibs to play a bunch of limp lettuce leaves allowing a - even more - limited Hearts team to scrap and fight their way to a 1-0 victory.

Then, the utter elation if we do somehow scud them at Tynie will be all the sweeter. :greengrin

Eyrie
25-03-2014, 06:04 PM

As soon as I saw Bathgate was the author I ignored it. Let me guess - he's written an article in the run up to a derby which claims we could be relegated in the playoffs.

BH Hibs
26-03-2014, 06:22 AM
As both St Mirren and Ross Co didn't start their world beating run of wins last night can we focus on the task at hand in getting behind the team on Sunday and sending the ***** on their way. Bye bye Jamtarts. :flag:

Springbank
26-03-2014, 06:36 AM
As both St Mirren and Ross Co didn't start their world beating run of wins last night can we focus on the task at hand in getting behind the team on Sunday and sending the ***** on their way. Bye bye Jamtarts. :flag:

The Jambos I know are hating this week, the build up & the thought of Hibs sending them down.
We need to ride that wave

SEND THEM DOWN!!

jakeshibs
26-03-2014, 11:36 AM
The Jambos I know are hating this week, the build up & the thought of Hibs sending them down.
We need to ride that wave

SEND THEM DOWN!!

getting excited already mon the Hibs

KeithTheHibby
26-03-2014, 12:55 PM

What a load of pish. Have a look at the league table, even with their 15 point deduction we would still be 13 points ahead.

Ross4356
26-03-2014, 01:12 PM
If St Mirren win on Saturday will they already be down?

JOD
26-03-2014, 01:25 PM
If St Mirren win on Saturday will they already be down?

No we would only need to draw to send them down.:brokenyam:

Ross4356
26-03-2014, 01:43 PM
No we would only need to draw to send them down.:brokenyam:

Aw even better mon the saints

jacomo
26-03-2014, 05:20 PM
To save you reading the whole of this dross here is a wee snippet

"What is more, the four teams above Hibs all play again on Saturday, a day before the Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle. They are all away to teams in the upper half of the table, and it is hard to see any of them winning."

Either he is a fool or drunk or maybe both ?.

It's Stuart Bathgate. He's not the brightest bulb, bless him. And I'm sure he's relishing sticking the knife into Hubs after a season of woe from Tynecastle.

craigmounthibby
26-03-2014, 05:32 PM
One very decent performance = one victory = all thought of finishing 11th put to bed. Here's hoping that's the reality come Sunday evening.

Punting that lot at possibly the final derby ever at the PBS is all the incentive we should need.

Come on Hibees.

Flanny boy
26-03-2014, 06:28 PM

So that's us definitely down then :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
26-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Whilst I would love us to beat them and relegate them in the process, sadly I just cannot see us doing it. We are playing some of the worst football I have ever witnessed [and I have been a season ticket holder since 1958], Yes they are bad, but just when has that fact stopped them winning against us ?. Sadly, think that we will loose on Sunday, hope with every fibre of my being I am proved wrong, but unfortunately just cannae see it.