PDA

View Full Version : Player of the year?

Tom Hart RIP
23-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Am I right in thinking that the supporter's player of the year dinner is tonight at the Hibs Club?
Anyone know who won?

Mark79
23-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Kevin thomson

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2014, 08:06 PM
we dont have a player of the year so maybe we should have just cancelled it !!!!

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 08:10 PM
we dont have a player of the year so maybe we should have just cancelled it !!!!

Exactly, should have made a big thing of presenting the trophy to the only possible worthy winner........................a lump of wood.

Bronson
23-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I think it's a no-brainer really, he's been fantastic for us all season long... Congratulations, Kevin McHattie.

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Exactly, should have made a big thing of presenting the trophy to the only possible worthy winner........................a lump of wood.

the wood gets my vote,nutmegged mcgivern in training and lobbed the williams for a great goal,believe its called a wood chip

LaMotta
23-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Why hold the player of the year event with 6 weeks of the season yet to run? :confused:

iwasthere1972
23-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Only one winner as far as I'm concerned. Lewis Stevenson. May not be the most gifted of players but he always gives 100%. If only some of the others gave as much as Lewis we might be in the top six rather than possibly facing a relegation play off if we don't start to pick up some points.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Butcher: Right. Who's pulled the most birds up toon this year?

Player: Me.

Butcher: Congratulations son, you deserve it.

Sir David Gray
23-03-2014, 08:28 PM
My vote goes to Gary Locke.

Cod Boy
23-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Suprised if the players turn up because they havent for weeks

silverhibee
23-03-2014, 08:34 PM
POTY went to none other than Motherwell player James McFadden.

Worthy of the award and i heard he was given a standing ovation when he went up to collect his award tonight.

Hibs Class shines through again. :cb

seven nowt
23-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Thomson's been MOTM in nearly every match he's played in.

For those who have, then I'd give it to Paul Hanlon.

Tom Hart RIP
23-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Can someone confirm it is tonight? Not sure if I have my dates mixed up?

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Player of the year was decided by the sponsors so they gave it to Griffiths.

Bostonhibby
23-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Why hold the player of the year event with 6 weeks of the season yet to run? :confused:

Traditionally we have given up playing with about 6 weeks to go :dunno:

oconnors_strip
23-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Can someone confirm it is tonight? Not sure if I have my dates mixed up?

Yes it's tonight. Winners to be announced soon.

As for the people asking why host it now, the hibs club always hold it at end of march due to fixtures not been known cause of the split. This point is raised every year

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 09:19 PM
QUOTE=Gooner Hibby;3940966]Suprised if the players turn up because they havent for weeks[/QUOTE]
:greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
23-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Yes it's tonight. Winners to be announced soon.

As for the people asking why host it now, the hibs club always hold it at end of march due to fixtures not been known cause of the split. This point is raised every year

Cheers. Can you let us know who wins?

alley balley0-7
23-03-2014, 09:25 PM
lewis stevenson aparently

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 09:43 PM

Well deserved if true.

Winston Ingram
23-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Well deserved if true.

:agree:

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Well deserved if true.

Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't make it well deserved imo, they should have given it to Stanton he's done more in the few games he's played than most of the squad put together.

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't make it well deserved imo, they should have given it to Stanton he's done more in the few games he's played than most of the squad put together.

There's always one.

Stevenson would deserve it for fantastic work ethic, attitude and for largely good play. He's a model professional and if everyone followed his example we'd be a top four team, easy.

Well done wee Lewis.

iwasthere1972
23-03-2014, 09:48 PM

:thumbsup: Nice one if true. If the players were supermarkets then most of them would be Farmfoods or Lidl. Lewis is Waitrose.

Torto7062
23-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Only one winner as far as I'm concerned. Lewis Stevenson. May not be the most gifted of players but he always gives 100%. If only some of the others gave as much as Lewis we might be in the top six rather than possibly facing a relegation play off if we don't start to pick up some points.

cannae argue with that.... Ben Williams for me
Has saved our skins many times before he
Went off the boil..

Lewis for me though

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 09:49 PM
There's always one.

Stevenson would deserve it for fantastic work ethic, attitude and for largely good play. He's a model professional and if everyone followed his example we'd be a top four team, easy.

Well done wee Lewis.
That reasoning shows just how far we've sunk. Stevenson is a hard worker but I'd hope we will sign far better for next season.

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 09:50 PM
That reasoning shows just now far we've sunk. Stevenson is a hard worker but I'd hope we will sign far better for next season.

He's also a good, tidy player.

Michael
23-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Well done to Stevenson if true. I hope he spends his entire career with us.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 09:55 PM

I've always thought so as well.

Nobody was complaining that he was average or not up to our standards when he actually had decent players playing around him.

I reckon if he had better players around him, a lot more would come off for him.

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 09:59 PM

I didn't say he wasnt, it's a sad reflection on our team when a player like Stevenson is our best player for the second time.

oconnors_strip
23-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Young player of the year is Alex Harris, and before people say he has been out, crap etc. the votes include last seasons semi final where he was outstanding

mmmmhibby
23-03-2014, 10:05 PM
I didn't say he wasnt, it's a sad reflection on our team when a player like Stevenson is our best player for the second time.

agree 100%

oconnors_strip
23-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Player of the year is Paul Hanlon

Should put FACT so people actually believe it :greengrin:

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Lewis has played at least as well as anyone and has given 100% effort and commitment in every game IMO! He should be in with a shout for it! :agree:

woodythehibee
23-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Hanlon won player of the year.

Lewis won a special recognition award.

Harris won young player of the year. (I guess it's based on the actual year of 2013)

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:17 PM
That reasoning shows just how far we've sunk. Stevenson is a hard worker but I'd hope we will sign far better for next season.

So do I and then maybe they'll get next season's award. Lewis won this season's and deservedly so, unless you can tell me the name of another player that deserved it more?

oconnors_strip
23-03-2014, 10:19 PM
So do I and then maybe they'll get next season's award. Lewis won this season's and deservedly so, unless you can tell me the name of another player that deserved it more?

He didn't win this year though john, he was awarded a special recognition award

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Hanlon won player of the year.

Lewis won a special recognition award.

Harris won young player of the year. (I guess it's based on the actual year of 2013)

Even better, Paul Hanlon is very, very good. Would play in any Scottish defence and would do well in the Championship too.

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:23 PM
He didn't win this year though john, he was awarded a special recognition award

That'll teach me to read the whole thread before replying :greengrin

Diclonius
23-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Can't argue with Hanlon for player of the year. He's been very good this season.

SouthamptonHibs
23-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd cancel the player of year award, they have all been bad this season. Each one of them has had bad spells this year and as a group have let us down. Two derby defeats, two early cup exits, bottom 6 and an embarrassing result in Europe (Scotland's worst ever defeat).
No rewards for me!
Let's hope the season ends on a high but it could get worse!
Ggtth

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I'd cancel the player of year award, they have all been bad this season. Each one of them has had bad spells this year and as a group have let us down. Two derby defeats, two early cup exits, bottom 6 and an embarrassing result in Europe (Scotland's worst ever defeat).
No rewards for me!
Let's hope the season ends on a high but it could get worse!
Ggtth

I think the Hibernian Supporters Association has every right to make these awards.

PISTOL1875
23-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Even better, Paul Hanlon is very, very good. Would play in any Scottish defence and would do well in the Championship too.

I hope you're taking the p155 there ??

SouthamptonHibs
23-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I think the Hibernian Supporters Association has every right to make these awards.

The Hibs supporters club has the right to award the POY awards.

As a fellow fan after yet another horrible season I wouldn't award any of them it as they've not earned it IMO.

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:40 PM
The Hibs supporters club has the right to award the POY awards.

As a fellow fan after yet another horrible season I wouldn't award any of them it as they've not earned it IMO.

Fair do's. Just you said you'd cancel them :greengrin

Michael
23-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Who won Hibernian manager of the year?

Zazu62
23-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson wow

SouthamptonHibs
23-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Fair do's. Just you said you'd cancel them :greengrin

I have no power mate haha

B.H.F.C
What was Stevensons special recognition award for? Serious question.

Jonnyboy
Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson wow

What are your alternatives, out of interest?

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Well he plays in our defence & it's mince......he's average,does nothing to stand out as very very good ??

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 10:48 PM
I hope you're taking the p155 there ??

Most intelligent CB we've had in years.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Can't argue with Hanlon for player of the year. He's been very good this season.

Hanlon as player of the year says it all really.

Stanton has played more & would have been more deserving of the young player award than Harris.

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh aye just how intelligent is he ?? I'm all ears ?

Thecat23
23-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Got to laugh at the folk still having sly digs at Stevenson and Hanlon. It's defo between them for POTY. The rest are no where near it. At least they give their all in every game. Sometimes it's not good enough granted but better than the half hearted other lazy *******s.

Zazu62
23-03-2014, 10:50 PM
What are your alternatives, out of interest?

Good question, Stanton/Robertson.

hibee_girl
23-03-2014, 10:51 PM
What was Stevensons special recognition award for? Serious question.

Probably because he's been with us for 10 years or thereabouts

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Good question, Stanton/Robertson.

Stanton has been good but has only played in the last couple of months so a season award wouldn't be appropriate. I like Robbo but he too has missed a fair few games due to injury

Tom Hart RIP
23-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Paul and Alex. (And Lewis)
Seems Paul has a knee injury which may be a problem. Hope not and we see h back on Sunday.

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Oh aye just how intelligent is he ?? I'm all ears ?

More intelligent than the posters on here who have nothing better to do than keep making pathetic sly digs at our longest serving players. Most proper supporters would be congratulating a player for winning POTY than slagging them off.

Hanlon's reading of the game is very good and nine times out of ten is a couple of steps ahead of the game. He's a really good player and our best CB since Bamba left.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Got to laugh at the folk still having sly digs at Stevenson and Hanlon. It's defo between them for POTY. The rest are no where near it. At least they give their all in every game. Sometimes it's not good enough granted but better than the half hearted other lazy *******s.

I have no doubt these two players have probably been the best of a bad bunch, yet both have been part of a back 4 that have been bloody awful for quite a few seasons. I always hear that Hanlon will be superb if he just had a decent partner alongside him, well does it not work the other way, does whoever it is who's partnering him not play better because they are playing alongside someone so good?

I understand why there are these awards, but like others have said its a hollow award in my opinion. If these two are involved in the awards next year, i'd be seriously worried about our season again.

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:58 PM

It's not a dig,I wish I could get paid for running about giving 100% commitment,just because Lewis gives 100% doesn't fill me with excitement for the future,agree it's a good trait to have but there's a hell of a lot more to football than running about & does Stevenson produce as much football skill as his endeavour ?? I would say no.

B.H.F.C
23-03-2014, 11:03 PM

What I should have said asked was if it was in recognition of years service or particularly for efforts this year?

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 11:04 PM
More intelligent than the posters on here who have nothing better to do than keep making pathetic sly digs at our longest serving players. Most proper supporters would be congratulating a player for winning POTY than slagging them off.

Hanlon's reading of the game is very good and nine times out of ten is a couple of steps ahead of the game. He's a really good player and our best CB since Bamba left.

See that's part of Hibs problem,as you say 'one of our longest serving players' showing loyalty to average players,do you reckon if Stevenson & Hanlon were as good as you think they'ed still be at Hibs ?? Nope,so because he's one of our longest serving players he's exempt from criticism,and criticism isn't a sly dig.

Northernhibee
23-03-2014, 11:10 PM
See that's part of Hibs problem,as you say 'one of our longest serving players' showing loyalty to average players,do you reckon if Stevenson & Hanlon were as good as you think they'ed still be at Hibs ?? Nope,so because he's one of our longest serving players he's exempt from criticism,and criticism isn't a sly dig.

There's a time and a place for criticism and him winning player of the year isn't the time or the place.

This is part of the problem, we have too many people in the crowd who have it in their heads that certain players aren't good enough and will ignore all the good that they do (Stevenson, Hanlon, McGivern etc) but as soon as they make a slight mistake will give it the booing and "yer pish" rubbish. No wonder our players look terrified of making a mistake, far too many people looking for their "I told you so" moment and make it known to anyone.

Very poor show.

On a supportive note, congratulations Paul Hanlon for a well deserved accolade.

cleanyman
23-03-2014, 11:18 PM
The only awards we should be giving out are to the fans.

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 11:26 PM
See this is part of the problem we have too many people in the crowd who have it in their heads that certain players are exempt from criticism ?? Me questioning the footballing ability of players isn't a sly dig,I believe it's justified & for what it's worth I'd love to be proved wrong & congratulations Paul.....but I have very little confidence in the future if we continue with the current crop of players Hanlon & Stevenson included.

LALthehibeeGAL
23-03-2014, 11:30 PM

:top marks:agree:

Centre Hawf
23-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Well done to Paul and Lewis. How they two still get as much stick as they do is beyond me.

Speedy
24-03-2014, 12:05 AM
I've always thought so as well.

Nobody was complaining that he was average or not up to our standards when he actually had decent players playing around him.

I reckon if he had better players around him, a lot more would come off for him.

Without having a dig at Lewis, I don't think the middle point is true.

Apart from the cup final people have always criticised him. He also wasn't in the team a lot when we had a good team.

Bay Area Hibees
24-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Same experts that slag off other players, players who often go on to excel elsewhere.

Rankin is a good example. As is Bamba.

There's a time and a place for criticism and him winning player of the year isn't the time or the place.

This is part of the problem, we have too many people in the crowd who have it in their heads that certain players aren't good enough and will ignore all the good that they do (Stevenson, Hanlon, McGivern etc) but as soon as they make a slight mistake will give it the booing and "yer pish" rubbish. No wonder our players look terrified of making a mistake, far too many people looking for their "I told you so" moment and make it known to anyone.

Very poor show.

On a supportive note, congratulations Paul Hanlon for a well deserved accolade.

matty_f
24-03-2014, 12:17 AM
With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Hibercelona
24-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Stevenson has stuck with Hibs throughout all this mess, where as many others have taken the huff, or made a big fuss because they didn't like being made to work too hard.

Stevenson may not be highly gifted. But he is highly loyal to this club. Despite endless criticism from fans and no doubt all the crap he has to put up with behind the scenes, he just keeps his head down and gets on with it. That's a true professional right there.

That's why he deserves his award.

The same can be applied to Hanlon as well. Who again, although not perfect. Has stuck by this club, when it would have been easier just to bail out like all the passengers through the years.

The_Horde
24-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Should've gone to Stevie May. He's been on fire for hearts this season. Keeping Skacel out the team

Beefster
24-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Stanton has been good but has only played in the last couple of months so a season award wouldn't be appropriate. I like Robbo but he too has missed a fair few games due to injury

Harris seems to have won the award on the back of one game so Stanton's couple of months probably should have won him it.

More intelligent than the posters on here who have nothing better to do than keep making pathetic sly digs at our longest serving players. Most proper supporters would be congratulating a player for winning POTY than slagging them.

I thought you were done with the personal digs at posters and implications that everyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid or not a proper supporter?

Northernhibee
24-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Harris seems to have won the award on the back of one game so Stanton's couple of months probably should have won him it.

I thought you were done with the personal digs at posters and implications that everyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid or not a proper supporter?

I would hope a supporter would not be making personal digs at a player who has just gotten a well deserved POTY award.

Saorsa
24-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Well done tae Paul and Lewis on their awards, both voted for by :scarf: supporters :scarf: and both deserved regardless of a very few 'expert' opinions.

Also congrats tae young Harris, maybe that award will give him a little boost. :thumbsup:

Gettin' Auld
24-03-2014, 09:01 AM

Aye but the clue is in the title..........

It's 'Player of the year' and not 'Player of the last few weeks'

HibbyKeith
24-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Aye but the clue is in the title..........

It's 'Player of the year' and not 'Player of the last few weeks'

:agree:

Pretty sure its a calendar year from the last POTY to last night, so the latter half of last season up to present.

I'm also pretty sure they base the awards on the votes cast from the travelling fans on the away supporters buses.

Itsnoteasy
24-03-2014, 06:41 PM

He will soon be due a testimonial. I wonder if he will get a bigger attendance than Ian Murrays, which winnae be hard.

Steven_Hibs
24-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I think the players should be embarrassed. Some of the garbage on here is pathetic, Hanlon 'well deserved' etc, no wonder we are rank rotten, some fans accept mediocrity and it's rubbing off on everyone.

Saorsa
24-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I think the players should be embarrassed. Some of the garbage on here is pathetic, Hanlon 'well deserved' etc, no wonder we are rank rotten, some fans accept mediocrity and it's rubbing off on everyone.wondered when you'd be along :blah:

Well done Paul :applause::applause:

Steven_Hibs
24-03-2014, 06:57 PM
wondered when you'd be along :blah:

Im not the one talking rubbish, how can you seriously believe yourself. Stanton has been the only bright light this season, yet receives nothing? He deserved young player of the year over Harris, regardless of a one off semi performance.

Steven_Hibs
24-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Well done Paul Hanlon, absolute rock at the back this season, some amazing last ditch tackles, a few bulldosing challenges, a few elbows into big target men, fantastic awareness throughout a delightful personal season for you no doubt. Stevenson, again, well done, this guy needs a statue.

Keith_M
24-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Wasn't there a club that gave their POTY award to the fans? I honestly think the 12th Man deserves it more than any of the players.

Saorsa
24-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Well done Paul Hanlon, absolute rock at the back this season, some amazing last ditch tackles, a few bulldosing challenges, a few elbows into big target men, fantastic awareness throughout a delightful personal season for you no doubt. Stevenson, again, well done, this guy needs a statue.I knew you'd agree with me eventually :agree: :aok:

Stantons Angel
24-03-2014, 07:09 PM
How can this thread get so many posts when it started as a question?

Fact is that Paul Hanlon was chosen as player of the year, some may contest this but he was chosen.......
Lewis was awarded a recognition award for being our longest serving player, for playing under 8 managers who chose to play him, for having played 200+ games for the club. Now as far as i am aware there is some logic in awarding this as he deserves it!!

Whether or not you all get upset and anxious thats up to you, but no one can question statistics like those and say its wrong to give some recognition to it!

I was just as puzzled as you that wee Harris got young player of the year, i think this was based on his exploits at the end of last season myself. There has been a lot of youngsters in and out of the team this season and i dont think anyone of them has been outstanding?

Stanton will be a star and get umpteen awards for his talent but he too has only been playing in the first team the last few weeks.

lets hope next season brings us more to cheer than moan about.

Billy Whizz
24-03-2014, 07:09 PM
What players were in attendance?

silverhibee
24-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Stevenson has stuck with Hibs throughout all this mess, where as many others have taken the huff, or made a big fuss because they didn't like being made to work too hard.

Stevenson may not be highly gifted. But he is highly loyal to this club. Despite endless criticism from fans and no doubt all the crap he has to put up with behind the scenes, he just keeps his head down and gets on with it. That's a true professional right there.

That's why he deserves his award.

The same can be applied to Hanlon as well. Who again, although not perfect. Has stuck by this club, when it would have been easier just to bail out like all the passengers through the years.

How many offers have we had from other clubs for Hanlon and Stevenson in there time at the club.

Jonnyboy
24-03-2014, 08:43 PM
How many offers have we had from other clubs for Hanlon and Stevenson in there time at the club.

About the same number we've had for all our other 'stars' :wink:

Onceinawhile
24-03-2014, 08:49 PM
People do realise it's player of the year 2013, not player of the season 13/14 right? So Stanton would be a pretty terrible shout for it.

Jack
24-03-2014, 09:02 PM
How many on here had the right to vote and did?

The rest of you can bump your gums as much as you like and it will mean nothing, nada, SFA.

If you want a say join a branch of the HSA, any branch, and join the democratic process.

Hibs.net have a branch, join that!

Moan, *ecking moan, *ecking moan. :yawn:

scoopyboy
24-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Im not the one talking rubbish, how can you seriously believe yourself. Stanton has been the only bright light this season, yet receives nothing? He deserved young player of the year over Harris, regardless of a one off semi performance.

What do you not understand about Player of the Year?

As has already been pointed out to you more than once Sammy barely played in 2013.

Jonnyboy
24-03-2014, 09:05 PM

As has already been pointed out to you more than once Sammy barely played in 2013.

Why let facts get in the way of ill informed opinion? :greengrin

lord bunberry
24-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Let's be honest it is quite confusing, if it was for 2013 then we are saying that Hanlon was better than Griffith's.

sleeping giant
24-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Hanlon gets this on Merit.
Anyone who disagrees with me is a clown :greengrin
Seriously , who else could have got it.
Hanlon for me:flag:

Saorsa
24-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Let's be honest it is quite confusing, if it was for 2013 then we are saying that Hanlon was better than Griffith's.Not really confusing if it has tae go tae somebody who still actually plays for Hibs? Unless we are going tae give POTY awards tae smellsick players?

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Not really confusing if it has tae go tae somebody who is still actually here? Unless we are going tae give POTY awards tae smellsick players?

Thats true Dan, i mean the SPL player of the year last season played for Wolves. :wink:

lord bunberry
24-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Not really confusing if it has tae go tae somebody who still actually plays for Hibs? Unless we are going tae give POTY awards tae smellsick players?

That's why I find the whole thing confusing, why not just have it as player of the season.

Jack
24-03-2014, 10:06 PM
That's why I find the whole thing confusing, why not just have it as player of the season.

Because at the end of the season there will be no players to attend and pick up the awards, gone on holiday or gone elsewhere.

R'Albin
24-03-2014, 10:11 PM
If we are talking players who played throughout 2013 then Williams is definitely mine. He put in some fantastic performances last year, and he had a massive hand in our Scottish cup run.

sleeping giant
24-03-2014, 10:13 PM
:applause:

Up yousr BH :greengrin

scoopyboy
24-03-2014, 10:19 PM

It certainly would be "cleaner", as you previously posted a player could only be with Hibs for part of a calendar year but be outstanding in that part.

LaMotta
24-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Because at the end of the season there will be no players to attend and pick up the awards, gone on holiday or gone elsewhere.

So why have it in March and not Dec or Jan........the timing does seem strange whatever way you look at it!

hfc-1875
25-03-2014, 12:29 AM
What players were in attendance?

Stevenson, hanlon, Forster, Collins, Craig, Tudor jones, harris, handling and Stanton.

Jones28
25-03-2014, 12:36 AM

Being a hard worker surrounded by players who don't give a **** is different though. He's a decent footballer as well, and has had a new lease of life not being mucked about positionaly

Steven_Hibs
25-03-2014, 04:59 AM

I don't understand how we can give a player of the year to someone who hasn't stood out! Not one single player deserves it by that logic

Jack
25-03-2014, 07:21 AM
So why have it in March and not Dec or Jan........the timing does seem strange whatever way you look at it!

I suppose there could be a decent argument for any time during the year.

Personally December is really busy for me and because of that I'm a bit skint in January, February.

I wasn't there on Sunday but hope to be next year.

Onion
25-03-2014, 07:34 AM
There's always one.

Well done wee Lewis.

So he gets an award for doing his job. How embarrassing !

invisible man
25-03-2014, 08:22 AM
I suppose there could be a decent argument for any time during the year.

Personally December is really busy for me and because of that I'm a bit skint in January, February.

I wasn't there on Sunday but hope to be next year.

You've got a pension, you're never skint :wink:

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 09:07 AM
So he gets an award for doing his job. How embarrassing !

There has been no real stand out player for me so it was always going to come down to someone with a lot of games under belt who has been steady for most parts ,had a few poor games and odd standout performance so Hanlon and Stevenson were the obvious choices

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 09:08 AM
You've got a pension, you're never skint :wink:

Like the avatar:wink:

invisible man
25-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Like the avatar:wink:

You obviously have a great taste in music sir. :wink: