:rolleyes:

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 11:40 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26704982

:rolleyes

You didn't know? :confused:

Spike Mandela
23-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Brutal honesty throughout that interview.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-03-2014, 11:49 AM
You didn't know? :confused:

I've known for a while:boo hoo:

Boyle89
23-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Absolute disgrace it's come down to this AGAIN!

greenpaper55
23-03-2014, 12:02 PM
It's all part of the five year plan dontchyaknow !.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Absolute disgrace it's come down to this AGAIN!

Yep.

Somebody needs to find out the problem and sort it ASAP. The last few years have been a disgrace. We should have been in a position to take advantage of the Hearts and Rangers situation. Instead we are watching a bunch of below average nobodies (with 1 or 2 exceptions) go through the motions in the bottom 6 again.

Saorsa
23-03-2014, 12:09 PM
It's all part of the five year plan dontchyaknow !.Is that the one that's starting again tomorrow? :dunno:

Bishop Hibee
23-03-2014, 12:13 PM
After the victory v Ross County we should have kicked on. Instead we have gone backwards. We are 7 points ahead of St Mirren. If we end up 11th from that position then Butcher would have to consider his future and if we went down surely he'd have to go. Hopefully we can muster 2 wins and a couple of draws from the fixtures remaining.

IFONLY
23-03-2014, 12:18 PM
After the victory v Ross County we should have kicked on. Instead we have gone backwards. We are 7 points ahead of St Mirren. If we end up 11th from that position then Butcher would have to consider his future and if we went down surely he'd have to go. Hopefully we can muster 2 wins and a couple of draw s from the fixtures remaining.

Really cant see where they will be coming from we are in freefall just now and I cant see when it will be halted. Hope I am wrong.

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 12:20 PM
After the victory v Ross County we should have kicked on. Instead we have gone backwards. We are 7 points ahead of St Mirren. If we end up 11th from that position then Butcher would have to consider his future and if we went down surely he'd have to go. Hopefully we can muster 2 wins and a couple of draws from the fixtures remaining.

Seriously? Then what?

Saorsa
23-03-2014, 12:23 PM
After the victory v Ross County we should have kicked on. Instead we have gone backwards. We are 7 points ahead of St Mirren. If we end up 11th from that position then Butcher would have to consider his future and if we went down surely he'd have to go. Hopefully we can muster 2 wins and a couple of draws from the fixtures remaining.If that happens he shouldnae be the only one that's ****in' goin'! This club has been a ****in' shambles a lot longer than the few months Butcher has been here.

Centre Hawf
23-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Seriously? Then what?

I support Butchet but you can't tell me that getting us relegated after he took over the club in 6th place(?) isn't worthy of getting rid. Theres a difference in supporting him and blindly following him into death.

Jim44
23-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I hope the guys who have sneered at us bedwetters and who hang on to Butcher's every word, will now take stock of the deep ***** we find our selves in.

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I support Butchet but you can't tell me that getting us relegated after he took over the club in 6th place(?) isn't worthy of getting rid. Theres a difference in supporting him and blindly following him into death.

To be replaced by who?

Fife-Hibee
23-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Yep.

Somebody needs to find out the problem and sort it ASAP. The last few years have been a disgrace. We should have been in a position to take advantage of the Hearts and Rangers situation. Instead we are watching a bunch of below average nobodies (with 1 or 2 exceptions) go through the motions in the bottom 6 again.

Its ****ing sickening !!

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 12:33 PM
It would be better if he just didn't say anything. He isn't telling us anything that we didn't already know ourselves.

We don't need an echo of what the problems are, we need a solution.

Centre Hawf
23-03-2014, 12:34 PM
To be replaced by who?

I'm sure some other bang average manager will throw their hat in the ring for it.

.Sean.
23-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Shameful.

I'm no wanting to here pish about Butcher needing several transfer windows to shape a squad. He better get his finger out, McInnes transformed Aberdeen overnight and I'm hoping for the same. For someone who was apparently world class in his day he needs to get them doing the basics. Communicate, pass the ball 10 yards and hold a shape. Schoolboy stuff.

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 12:37 PM
I hope the guys who have sneered at us bedwetters and who hang on to Butcher's every word, will now take stock of the deep ***** we find our selves in.

I don't sneer at the bedwetters opinions - youre entitled to think whatever you want. I do sneer at the sometimes undisguised relish with which every defeat or setback is greeted.

For what its worth, I don't think there is the any likelihood that we'll be involved in the play offs, so you guys won't have the opportunity to indulge in the greatest online nappy-dampening festival since the last "worst Hibs team/result in memory"

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't sneer at the bedwetters opinions - youre entitled to think whatever you want. I do sneer at the sometimes undisguised relish with which every defeat or setback is greeted.

For what its worth, I don't think there is the any likelihood that we'll be involved in the play offs, so you guys won't have the opportunity to indulge in the greatest online nappy-dampening festival since the last "worst Hibs team/result in memory"

What people like you fail to realize is that even if we don't get relegated, this season is still a complete disaster regardless. Yet another write off among write offs.

J-C
23-03-2014, 12:40 PM
TBH I supported the appointment in Butcher thinking he'd have a bit more tactical nous than Pat and kick us on but in all honesty he's been shocking since he's came, football is still as poor and man management skills leave a lot to be desired. He should have just steadied the club and wait for the summer, instead he's slagged off the players, told certain ones to go in January and this has had a negative effect on the players. Looking at his managerial record, apart from the past 12 months at ICT, it's been pretty poor, his constant going on about ICT is another problem, has he actually mentally broken the ties with that club, it doesn't look like it and maybe the players are seeing this also.

FranckSuzy
23-03-2014, 12:42 PM

:faf:

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 12:43 PM

Could not have put it better myself spot ****ing on mate:aok:

Jim44
23-03-2014, 12:45 PM
To be replaced by who?

Who knows? But Hibs are long overdue a complete MOT to get rid of the sludge that's clogged up the works for years and if that means starting at the top, then tough.

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm sure some other bang average manager will throw their hat in the ring for it.

Don't you think we should stay with this one and see it out? Just for a change.

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I Do not agree we have enough points to give us comfort another win and a couple of draws is all we need

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 12:53 PM
What people like you fail to realize is that even if we don't get relegated, this season is still a complete disaster regardless. Yet another write off among write offs.

Of course we realise it's not good enough but I'm not wetting myself about not winning another game all season and going down. We are pish atm but there's a lot of pish in the bottom six including the ***** at the bottom of the league. We shouldn't be pleased or proud about this but some people are on here crapping themselves about playing that shower next week. They're ****ing useless we should be humping them

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 12:58 PM
TBH I supported the appointment in Butcher thinking he'd have a bit more tactical nous than Pat and kick us on but in all honesty he's been shocking since he's came, football is still as poor and man management skills leave a lot to be desired. He should have just steadied the club and wait for the summer, instead he's slagged off the players, told certain ones to go in January and this has had a negative effect on the players. Looking at his managerial record, apart from the past 12 months at ICT, it's been pretty poor, his constant going on about ICT is another problem, has he actually mentally broken the ties with that club, it doesn't look like it and maybe the players are seeing this also.

I'd also agree with most of that. Sensible reasoned criticism

Jim44
23-03-2014, 01:04 PM

You're bang out of order to suggest that defeats are greetedby Hibs supporters with relish. In fact the opposite applies and I think the words you're looking for are frustration and anger. You're correct in your assertion that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I respect yours but I'd be more inclined to support it if it had the backing of the man who is purported to be the saviour of the situation.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure Mikey agrees with Butcher? :offski:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Of course we realise it's not good enough but I'm not wetting myself about not winning another game all season and going down. We are pish atm but there's a lot of pish in the bottom six including the ***** at the bottom of the league. We shouldn't be pleased or proud about this but some people are on here crapping themselves about playing that shower next week. They're ****ing useless we should be humping them

Until it's mathematically impossible for us to avoid the play offs, people will be worried about it. It would be foolish to assume that it just can't happen, considering we appear to be getting worse as the season drags on.

Also, theres a difference between "should" and acutally "doing it". We "should" be humping them, does that mean we can all be confident that we actually will?

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 01:07 PM

Some people are capable of thinking of more than one thing, in fact some people like me can read and chew gum at the same time too.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Shameful.

I'm no wanting to here pish about Butcher needing several transfer windows to shape a squad. He better get his finger out, McInnes transformed Aberdeen overnight and I'm hoping for the same. For someone who was apparently world class in his day he needs to get them doing the basics. Communicate, pass the ball 10 yards and hold a shape. Schoolboy stuff.

Is that the case though? Paw Broon had been keeping the ship steady for a few years, and had built up a good squad. McInnes then got the good bit of the job by adding class like Robson, Flood and Rooney to the mix.

It was hardly an overnight transition. Previous managers had done a lot of the spade work and emptied out the dross.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Until it's mathematically impossible for us to avoid the play offs, people will be worried about it. It would be foolish to assume that it just can't happen, considering we appear to be getting worse as the season drags on.

Also, theres a difference between "should" and acutally "doing it". We "should" be humping them, does that mean we can all be confident that we actually will?

What's the answer?

Jim44
23-03-2014, 01:11 PM

"....should be humping them." 'should' is a meaningless word in the context of fact and reality.

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Does Butcher not do interviews for hibs TV anymore? It's really starting to get on my nerves, every Sunday I like to sit and watch the highlights then listen to an in depth interview with the manager. If he can't be bothered doing it he could send malpas out to do one.

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Does Butcher not do interviews for hibs TV anymore? It's really starting to get on my nerves, every Sunday I like to sit and watch the highlights then listen to an in depth interview with the manager. If he can't be bothered doing it he could send malpas out to do one.
But according to others on this forum its the same guff every week etc etc etc .........

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Some people are capable of thinking of more than one thing, in fact some people like me can read and chew gum at the same time too.

I suppose in your case, thats something worth bragging about.

Betty Boop
23-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Lol

silverhibee
23-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Terry Butcher thought the same thing about being relegated when he took over ICT, they were more or less safe but some how he managed to get them relegated.

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 01:21 PM

I'm not having a go at anyone having concerns I'm having a go at people saying it's the worst team ever and we won't win another game this.season. And yes I am confident we can beat the worst Hearts team I can remember since the 80's.

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 01:24 PM
But according to others on this forum its the same guff every week etc etc etc .........

I enjoy a bit of guff on a Sunday.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm not having a go at anyone having concerns I'm having a go at people saying it's the worst team ever and we won't win another game this.season. And yes I am confident we can beat the worst Hearts team I can remember since the 80's.

If they're the worst Hearts team since the 80s, then where does that place us? So far they're beating us this season on derbies.

Nobody can be blamed for not feeling confident about this game. Not one Hibs fan can be blamed for having little confidence going into this game.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 01:28 PM

I'm ok with Juicy Fruit, but find that these more modern concoctions like Airwaves, help my breathing bit mike it hord to thank bait twe things at winch.....

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 01:29 PM
If they're the worst Hearts team since the 80s, then where does that place us? So far they're beating us this season on derbies.

Nobody can be blamed for not feeling confident about this game. Not one Hibs fan can be blamed for having little confidence going into this game.

But we beat them the last time the teams met.

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 01:32 PM

But we beat them the last time the teams met.

And they are also unbeaten against the new darlings, Aberdeen.

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 01:33 PM

28 points above them last time I looked. And one each in league derbies

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Have to say having been to last 2 away matches I dont get some fans relaxed attitude on here. ..we are woeful atm and st mirren have 2 winnable matches before we play next Sunday. We are nowhere near safe yet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Can we get some cheer out of knowing who the referee is for the derby? Not Craig Thomson shirley?:greengrin

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 01:43 PM

I must admit to an "eye opening" moment this morning (after yesterday's result and confirmed Bottom 6 again) when I decided to question the "track record" that was promoted by all those immediately behind TB before and after his appointment as Manager at Hibs and found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher#Coventry_City_2)! :confused:

Apart from ICT, and that wasn't always a success story until relatively latterly, there isn't much there to make anyone with any degree of uncertainty about TB after his period at Hibs so far to have positive feelings about the rest of this season or next, assuming that he is here for next season!! :hmmm: :dunno: :cool2:

Considered thoughts anyone?

Pete
23-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I must admit to an "eye opening" moment this morning (after yesterday's result and confirmed Bottom 6 again) when I decided to question the "track record" that was promoted by all those immediately behind TB before and' after his appointment as Manager at Hibs and found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher#Coventry_City_2)! :confused:

Apart from ICT, and that wasn't always a success story until relatively latterly, there isn't much there to make anyone with any degree of uncertainty about TB after his period at Hibs so far to have positive feelings about the rest of this season or next, assuming that he is here for next season!! :hmmm: :dunno: :cool2:

He has recently said that he has learnt more about football management in the past few years than he had in all the previous ones. It kind of ties in with the phenomenal achievements of Inverness.

Spike Mandela
23-03-2014, 01:51 PM

One of the things Butcher did when he came was increase our profile in the press and media. He increased press conferences from one a week to two, he opened east mains to journalists and was happy to talk all things Hibs and indeed anything football in general.

This is all well and good when things are going well but when you are in the midst of a dreadful run like we are at the moment it brings it's own pit falls. How can you express you disappointment in a different way for the 12th time in a row.:rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 01:51 PM
He has recently said that he has learnt more about football management in the past few years than he had in all the previous ones. It kind of ties in with the phenomenal achievements of Inverness.

And what exactly are the "phenomenal achievements of Inverness" that you refer to then? :confused:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Can we get some cheer out of knowing who the referee is for the derby? Not Craig Thomson shirley?:greengrin

Derek Riordan or Leigh Griffiths could be referee and we'd still kick ourselves in the teeth.

Heisenberg
23-03-2014, 01:54 PM
And what exactly are the "phenomenal achievements of Inverness" that you refer to then? :confused:

I'd say taking them to 4th in the league then 2nd before coming to us was pretty phenomenal.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 01:55 PM
One of the things Butcher did when he came was increase our profile in the press and media. He increased press conferences from one a week to two, he opened east mains to journalists and was happy to talk all things Hibs and indeed anything football in general.

This is all well and good when things are going well but when you are in the midst of a dreadful run like we are at the moment it brings it's own pit falls. How can you express you disappointment in a different way for the 12th time in a row.:rolleyes:

I hope that you aren't suggesting that Hibs aren't using their social media and web site etc strategy and operations to best advantage with that post!? :confused:

It's not like the open-ness of media spread these days should be a surprise to any business with a high public profile these days surely!? :hmmm: :dunno: :cool2:

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I must admit to an "eye opening" moment this morning (after yesterday's result and confirmed Bottom 6 again) when I decided to question the "track record" that was promoted by all those immediately behind TB before and after his appointment as Manager at Hibs and found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher#Coventry_City_2)! :confused:

You could say much the same about most managers. McInnes at Bristol City for example yet here is now the messiah, and I think TB did ok under difficult circumstances at Motherwell so he has shown he can do the job.

I am not convinced about TB but he is here so let him get on with it, come what may.

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 01:56 PM
There are, as the saying goes, none so blind as those that refuse to see. Given his resources there his achievements were indeed phenomenal. He was given time though and indeed a relegation - but as always the bed wetters will refuse to acknowledge this.......

Steve20
We might get a couple of draws at best. We won't win another game this season. So if St Mirren take at least 9 points before the end, then I reckon we're 11th.

Watching us play, I can't see how anyone can see us winning anytime soon.

TornadoHibby
I'd say taking them to 4th in the league then 2nd before coming to us was pretty phenomenal.

Considering the relative extremely poor quality of the current SPL compared to that of only a few years ago, you think that is a "phenomenal achievement"? :confused:

Pete
23-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Their league positions compared to their budget if you count where they were this season before he left them.

...and have you seen the team he assembled play football?

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Derek Riordan or Leigh Griffiths could be referee and we'd still kick ourselves in the teeth.

Either of them would referee more fairly than Thomson.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Either of them would referee more fairly than Thomson.

Thats very true. :greengrin

Heisenberg
23-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Considering the relative extremely poor quality of the current SPL compared to that of only a few years ago, you think that is a "phenomenal achievement"? :confused:

Yes. Considering the money and resources available to him in comparison with the rest of the league.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Their league positions compared to their budget if you count where they were this season before he left them.

...and have you seen the team he assembled play football?

Only against one that doesn't in terms of physical presence at matches and that was relatively recently at ER. :rolleyes:

Not much opposition for them that day tbh! :confused:

shagpile
23-03-2014, 02:01 PM

With their resources it would probably be finishing in the top6 & European football, but that is his lot as far as i'm concerned. I don't think Butcher will go down in Hibs history as one of their best ever managers.
If he does then his phenomenal achievements at Hibs are going to have to be 'more phenomenal' than at ICT.
And he's already well behind in the phenomenal stakes.
The handicapper got this one well wrong.

Pete
23-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Yes. Considering the money and resources available to him in comparison with the rest of the league.

It's even better when you consider their size in relation to a lot of clubs in the second tier.

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 02:03 PM
We might get a couple of draws at best. We won't win another game this season. So if St Mirren take at least 9 points before the end, then I reckon we're 11th.

Watching us play, I can't see how anyone can see us winning anytime soon.

And how many points are Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock all getting

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:03 PM

Have you got the stats on that for us all to look over or is it just your personal "feeling" on the matter? :dunno: :confused:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 02:04 PM
With their resources it would probably be finishing in the top6 & European football, but that is his lot as far as i'm concerned. I don't think Butcher will go down in Hibs history as one of their best ever managers.
If he does then his phenomenal achievements at Hibs are going to have to be 'more phenomenal' than at ICT.
And he's already well behind in the phenomenal stakes.
The handicapper got this one well wrong.

How would his achievements need to be more phenomenal than they were at ICT?

You'd think it would be easier to achieve the same thing in the same league with a considerably larger team.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:04 PM
It's even better when you consider their size in relation to a lot of clubs in the second tier.

What do you mean by that exactly? :confused:

Attendances, squad sizes, ground capacity, bank capability, anything else (if so what?)???? :confused:

Pete
23-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Have you got the stats on that for us all to look over or is it just your personal "feeling" on the matter? :dunno: :confused:

Average attendances are a pretty good indicator.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:07 PM

You'd think it would be easier to achieve the same thing in the same league with a considerably larger team.

Hasn't been possible to even push that "considerably larger team" even moderately above the position it was in before he arrived and certainly not into the Top 6 which any honest Hibs fan was probably expecting when he was appointed this season! :dunno: :cool2:

Especially after his initial "good run" when he told us that squad was far better than he had thought it was and instilling some confidence in the players had "made all the difference"! :confused:

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Average attendances are a pretty good indicator.

And that is because.................? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 02:08 PM
I suppose in your case, thats something worth bragging about.

It is, i'm on a roll today. I have managed to go to the gym, watch the football on the telly and laugh at your posts, all while i have cooked a pork joint and peeled and part boiled some potatoes ready for roasting later.

Although thats nothing compared to you, all that digging must have worked up a huge sweat you must be absolutely knackered.

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 02:10 PM
It is, i'm on a roll today. I have managed to go to the gym, watch the football on the telly and laugh at your posts, all while i have cooked a pork joint and peeled and part boiled some potatoes ready for roasting later.

Although thats nothing compared to you, all that digging must have worked up a huge sweat you must be absolutely knackered.

Really!?!? :greengrin

Pete
23-03-2014, 02:11 PM
And that is because.................? :confused:

You don't know the link between crowd size and resources for the manager to work with? In a country where gate money forms a high percentage of a club's income?

This "argument" is over.

Dr Jimmy
23-03-2014, 02:13 PM
If we are relegated it will be a failure of Petrie's strategy. The reason I say that, is I heard him tell a guy in behind the goals bar before the 2-1 derby, when asked if the club had a strategy. Petrie replied "yes". When pressed Petrie said "first and foremost survival".
before i get annihilated I am stating what I heard Petrie say.
I was dumbfounded at the lack of ambition, especially as the manky lot were starting the season on -15 points!!!

Heisenberg
23-03-2014, 02:19 PM

He had a budget of about 900k for wages when he took them to 4th. That would be one of the lowest in the league. ICT are a small club who he had up challenging for Europe. If you can't see that as a brilliant achievement then I really am lost for words. Before he came folk on here were going nuts about how well he'd done up north.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Really!?!? :greengrin

:agree: Even i have surprised myself that i have kept going for 9 months, this season's season ticket money went on the membership, it appears i made the right choice.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 02:24 PM

If you're going to lie at least put some effort into making it believable.

shagpile
23-03-2014, 02:24 PM

You would like to think it was, but he's struggling big time. FWIW I wasn't keen on Butcher/Malpas, but did at least expect them to steady the ship on arriving.
Hasn't happened. I know he needs his 'own players' etc,etc, but if he is as good a manager as many think he should have the existing lot at least looking like they know what a ball looks like.
The stuff we're being asked to watch at the moment is comparable of Calderwood at his worst.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 02:27 PM
[/U]

You would like to think it was, but he's struggling big time. FWIW I wasn't keen on Butcher/Malpas, but did at least expect them to steady the ship on arriving.
Hasn't happened. I know he needs his 'own players' etc,etc, but if he is as good a manager as many think he should have the existing lot at least looking like they know what a ball looks like.
The stuff we're being asked to watch at the moment is comparable of Calderwood at his worst.

I agree.

Butcher should at least be able to get something out of this lot. But we're actually harder to watch right now than we were under Fenlon.

It's like Fenlon, but without the ability to defend.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 02:29 PM
If you're going to lie at least put some effort into making it believable.

Come on put some better effort into your comedy, thats not even raised a titter here in sunny blackpool. Just get back to talking sheite, i could do with a chuckle this afternoon before my dinner.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Come on put some better effort into your comedy, thats not even raised a titter here in sunny blackpool. Just get back to talking sheite, i could do with a chuckle this afternoon before my dinner.

Shouldn't you get back to your treadmill? I hear that exercise is an effective anger management treatment.

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 02:34 PM

You need to start wearing the troosers in yer hoose. I've been to the gym as well and watched the Spurs game but the wife is making the food...... Oh and I have been laughing at his guff posts too.....:greengrin

hibIBZ
23-03-2014, 02:36 PM
[/U]

I agree. Wasn't that keen to start with but did think he would steady the ship and get more from the players than fenlon did. I think he needs time to build his own team over the summer and take it from there. He has shown he can produce a top 6 team so hopefully we will see it next season, but I fear another sacking if next season doesn't start well

emerald green
23-03-2014, 02:49 PM

:agree: Absolutely correct. When are some people going to wake up and smell the coffee? We are a club heading for big trouble. It cannot go on like this, season after season. If it does, relegation seems certain at some stage. Fans that are left will drift away. Sorry for sounding so negative. I take no pleasure whatsoever in doing so. In fact, it pains me greatly.

emerald green
23-03-2014, 02:54 PM

"We should be humping them" you say. That's the point. We're not. It's much more than beating HOMFC too.

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 02:56 PM

1st thought is that he was appointed by Petrie however as long as we stay up this season ( which i think as long as we avoid the play offs then we will ) Summer transfer window and a mass clearout and investment in the new players funded by Petrie then we can see exactly what Terry can offer.

If he still fails then when he goes Petrie goes with him.

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2014, 02:56 PM
There's no way we'll end up in the relegation play off IMHO, though the fact its even being mentioned in passing is demonstrative of yet another season of huge underachievement. It's a joke. There's another summer of total reorganization of the squad ahead.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 02:59 PM
You don't know the link between crowd size and resources for the manager to work with? In a country where gate money forms a high percentage of a club's income?

This "argument" is over.

No, I'm clearly "not at the races" there as I don't! :rolleyes: Please enlighten me and then we can see if the "argument" is over perhaps? :dunno:

Gate money and cash made available for the footballing side of a football club business are two quite separate things and are influenced by different factors from club to club like any businesses working in a similar sector! :agree:

Maybe you don't agree with that though? :confused: :dunno:

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 03:00 PM
1st thought is that he was appointed by Petrie however as long as we stay up this season ( which i think as long as we avoid the play offs then we will ) Summer transfer window and a mass clearout and investment in the new players funded by Petrie then we can see exactly what Terry can offer.

If he still fails then when he goes Petrie goes with him.
I don't recall many comments of dissent from Hibs fans at the time of the appointment. Seems to me there was for the most part a broad agreement on the appointment.

silverhibee
23-03-2014, 03:00 PM
To be replaced by who?

No one, no matter what, TB will be the manager next season, of that i am 100% sure, the pressure is on the folk upstairs to deliver the players TB wants to bring in to the club for next season on day one of pre-season.

Over to the Board.

eddie peters
23-03-2014, 03:01 PM
My heart is telling me to renew my season ticket as normal
through the earlybird scheme, my head is telling me to wait
and see which division we will be playing in. There is a real
possibility of the club joining Hearts and Rangers in the
championship as the players currently playing at Easter Road
lack the desire and commitment necessary to be a GOOD
PROFESSIONAL and bring success to the club:confused:

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't recall many comments of dissent from Hibs fans at the time of the appointment. Seems to me there was for the most part a broad agreement on the appointment.

On paper it looked a fantastic appointment but since we hit 2014 our form has been deteriorating fast and is gathering speed and Terry looks like he has not got a clue how to fix it i am not saying is all Terrys fault but he has to take at least part of the blame

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 03:09 PM
On paper it looked a fantastic appointment but since we hit 2014 our form has been deteriorating fast and is gathering speed and Terry looks like he has not got a clue how to fix it i am not saying is all Terrys fault but he has to take at least part of the blame

I agree with this but you won't get much support on here for it? :yawn:

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Why is that no-one who tells us that he has to take the blame mentions that he said when he came in that it was an 18 month project to get us where we should be. Funny that - a person might think that it didn't fit with certain agendas and therefore best left ignored......

RIP Bestie
23-03-2014, 03:10 PM

Must be next door to KFC or McDonalds

HappyAsHellas
23-03-2014, 03:10 PM
His record against the bottom six is quite good, as it should be. In the last ten games St Mirren have manged to gain one point over us, but a lot of people here think they will make up the other seven in the remaining fixtures. Somewhat doubtful I would have thought. Yes, we are somewhat disappointing at present, but the teams below us are hardly playing the beautiful game in an awe inspiring manner, or am I missing something?

happiehibbie
23-03-2014, 03:13 PM
is it such a bad thing to go down with hearts.

what a great league and exciting games Jesus we might even win it

silverhibee
23-03-2014, 03:17 PM

He has only been here a few months and the man has aged 10 years, from this http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/71070000/jpg/_71070914_8980765.jpg to this http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/3/23590546.jpg in the space of a few months, has he succumb to the Hibs malaise already.

Saorsa
23-03-2014, 03:20 PM
He has only been here a few months and the man has aged 10 years, from this http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/71070000/jpg/_71070914_8980765.jpg to this http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/3/23590546.jpg in the space of a few months, has he succumb to the Hibs malaise already.looks as though he's aged about 20 years

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2014, 03:24 PM
He has only been here a few months and the man has aged 10 years, from this http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/71070000/jpg/_71070914_8980765.jpg to this http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/3/23590546.jpg in the space of a few months, has he succumb to the Hibs malaise already.

One day we'll all be silverhibees ;)

GreenCastle
23-03-2014, 03:42 PM
We are 7 points off the play off spot - St Mirren have a game in hand though.

We have 7 games remaining = 21 points to play for

A derby win would be massive-2 derby wins before the end of the season would be even better - but can't see us winning right now as we are so poor.

Post split we really will have 5 cup finals and need to win 2 or 3 to be safe. It may even come down to hoping the yams do us a favour beating other teams!

My worry is like others - our form is relegation standard. We can't seem to be able to defend or score goals and are in free fall.

This is not time for experimenting with the team selection and players - we need players who are going to grind out some results and get points on the board and make us safe.

I was hoping to TB was going to turn us around but seems like he is trying to be too clever right now. He needs to get through this season and start a fresh in summer.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Why is that no-one who tells us that he has to take the blame mentions that he said when he came in that it was an 18 month project to get us where we should be. Funny that - a person might think that it didn't fit with certain agendas and therefore best left ignored......

You are missing the significant point that we are in danger of getting relegated depending upon how results in the Bottom 6 teams "section" go from now to the end of the season! :wink:

Don't think anyone of us even considered that when they were appointed! :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 03:53 PM

What have you seen in 5 months to suggest that we're even moving in the correct direction to be where we want to be in 18?

Because from what I can tell so far, we're actually going in the wrong direction. So what makes you so sure that we'll suddenly be where we want to be in 18 months?

Pretty Boy
23-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Is that the case though? Paw Broon had been keeping the ship steady for a few years, and had built up a good squad. McInnes then got the good bit of the job by adding class like Robson, Flood and Rooney to the mix.

It was hardly an overnight transition. Previous managers had done a lot of the spade work and emptied out the dross.

Is that not what Fenlon was doing here?

Or so plenty people kept saying when I questioned him.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Shouldn't you get back to your treadmill? I hear that exercise is an effective anger management treatment.

You dont think i'm angry do you? :faf: I'm laughing out loud at most of your posts, anger is nowhere near when i'm reading what you post.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Is that not what Fenlon was doing here?

Or so plenty people kept saying when I questioned him.

I don't think it was, because Broon didn't get the sack.

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 04:06 PM
What have you seen in 5 months to suggest that we're even moving in the correct direction to be where we want to be in 18?

Because from what I can tell so far, we're actually going in the wrong direction. So what makes you so sure that we'll suddenly be where we want to be in 18 months?
I will reply this one time to answer your question but you should know that I am not going to get into a protracted discussion with you. With no desire to be rude at all, I find your constant negativity tiresome to say the least and I have no intention of wasting what is left of my weekend on it. To the question - I can't be sure but, yet again, - he said earlier in the season that we lacked quality and it would take him 18 months to fix it. Indeed, only yesterday he called our attack "powder puff". On that basis I am more than happy to wait it out and see what happens without throwing weekly tantrums like you and your ilk do. There was no real possibility of wholesale changes in the January window and many managers have said it is only of limited value. Therefore - this season is finished in terms of achieving anything and I look forward with optimism to next season.

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 04:11 PM

Paddy seemed to be able to get more out of these players than what Terry can mind you if you were told that you were rubbish and would not be here next season ( as some on here have said he has told them ) they will hardly be busting a gut for him.

Another thing said on here was that budgets for new plyers for next season were put in place when Terry joined well would Petrie have put these budgets in place based on us finishing in top 6 and a cup run to at least Semi final stage ? ( we have reached last 2 Finals )

Plus 2 games v Rangers at home lost and same v hear7s next season with lost gate income and tv revenue down

If season ticket numbers drop we could find ourselves in the position where there simply is no money or very little money to invest in the Squad leaving Terry to try to get the best off what is currently here.

Dcoes anyone know roughly whats in the pot for new players for next season ?

Centre Hawf
23-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Paddy seemed to be able to get more out of these players than what Terry can mind you if you were told that you were rubbish and would not be here next season ( as some on here have said he has told them ) they will hardly be busting a gut for him.

Another thing said on here was that budgets for new plyers for next season were put in place when Terry joined well would Petrie have put these budgets in place based on us finishing in top 6 and a cup run to at least Semi final stage ? ( we have reached last 2 Finals )

Plus 2 games v Rangers at home lost and same v hear7s next season with lost gate income and tv revenue down

If season ticket numbers drop we could find ourselves in the position where there simply is no money or very little money to invest in the Squad leaving Terry to try to get the best off what is currently here.

20p and a half eaten curly wurly.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Really.....what were the scores, and how long since we won the Scottish Cup?

GreenCastle
23-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Relegation would be a disaster so it is imperative we don't finish 11th.

What is the play off format anyway?

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Really.....what were the scores, and how long since we won the Scottish Cup?

Here's me thinking that the poster you replied to was pointing out that the last two years player budgets were enhanced by two appearances at Hampden in SC Finals despite the results of those two matches - match results being irrelevant from the player budget point of view in the main!? :confused:

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Here's me thinking that the poster you replied to was pointing out that the last two years player budgets were enhanced by two appearances at Hampden in SC Finals despite the results of those two matches - match results being irrelevant from the player budget point of view in the main!? :confused:

yes thats what i was trying to put over the revenue these games generated contributed to players budget each of the following seasons a revenue that we dont have for next season.

SouthamptonHibs
23-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Pat Fenlon has to take the blame for the season. Put together a terrible squad, no decent strikers and no pace! Collins WTF = honking!
At the start of the season we pinned our hopes on Harris being good. Sadley for us he got injured right away and hasn't been the same player on our return. Our only positive is Stanton breakthrough but once again he's just a kid. The experienced pro's have let us down again.
We need to rely on these wage thiefs to get enough points to stay up, defo worried as we can't keep clean sheets and our strikeforce is awful, we can't win at home and the team has no confidence plus manager still working out his best team each week (the perfect recipe for going down).
I'm up for next weeks game, we have a chance to stick one right up em but we will do it the Hibs way and **** it up! Our team is brutal.
I'll take a point next week reluctantly

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 04:33 PM

It's all getting too complex for me.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 04:35 PM
I will reply this one time to answer your question but you should know that I am not going to get into a protracted discussion with you. With no desire to be rude at all, I find your constant negativity tiresome to say the least and I have no intention of wasting what is left of my weekend on it. To the question - I can't be sure but, yet again, - he said earlier in the season that we lacked quality and it would take him 18 months to fix it. Indeed, only yesterday he called our attack "powder puff". On that basis I am more than happy to wait it out and see what happens without throwing weekly tantrums like you and your ilk do. There was no real possibility of wholesale changes in the January window and many managers have said it is only of limited value. Therefore - this season is finished in terms of achieving anything and I look forward with optimism to next season.

Actually. When Butcher came in, he said we had a strong squad, not a squad that was lacking in quality.

There was no mention of a lack of quality when he had then playing well for a few games and picking up results.

Now that he's no longer getting them to perform like he did when he first came here, he is now saying that there is a gulf in quality. A gulf that apparently never existed in his first several weeks here.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 04:36 PM

They will, so we're ****** then?

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Actually. When Butcher came in, he said we had a strong squad, not a squad that was lacking in quality.

There was no mention of a lack of quality when he had then playing well for a few games and picking up results.

Now that he's no longer getting them to perform like he did when he first came here, he is now saying that there is a gulf in quality. A gulf that apparently never existed in his first several weeks here.

Well put. :top marks

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 04:40 PM

You ever bought a new car, thought it was the dogs bollox and then after putting it through it's paces for a few months realising it's not that good? Quality players can perform consistently, TB has now realised they can't.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 04:48 PM
You ever bought a new car, thought it was the dogs bollox and then after putting it through it's paces for a few months realising it's not that good? Quality players can perform consistently, TB has now realised they can't.

Sorry, but if a team can perform well in a hand full of games. There's nothing to suggest that they can't keep on performing well.

The only way their performances could drop is if they stopped putting in as much effort as they were in the first few games.

Beefster
23-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Terry Butcher thought the same thing about being relegated when he took over ICT, they were more or less safe but some how he managed to get them relegated.

How does being at the bottom of the table, two points off the nearest team equate to being "more or less safe"?

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 04:52 PM

Not helped by TB telling them they are sh*te after nearly every match we have lost since the good run following his appointment when he said the squad was better than he had thought and just needed a "confidence boost" and some different training both of which he gave them! :agree:

What did he expect at a time when he should have been protecting the SPFL status of Hibs at all costs and not getting us into a position where we could get relegated this season!? :confused:

Alfred E Newman
23-03-2014, 04:54 PM
If we are relegated it will be a failure of Petrie's strategy. The reason I say that, is I heard him tell a guy in behind the goals bar before the 2-1 derby, when asked if the club had a strategy. Petrie replied "yes". When pressed Petrie said "first and foremost survival".
before i get annihilated I am stating what I heard Petrie say.
I was dumbfounded at the lack of ambition, especially as the manky lot were starting the season on -15 points!!!

I would think he was taking about financial survival not league survival.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Sorry, but if a team can perform well in a hand full of games. There's nothing to suggest that they can't keep on performing well.

The only way their performances could drop is if they stopped putting in as much effort as they were in the first few games.

Sorry but that's just nonsense, I have to ask if you're actually a football supporter if you can come out with a comment like that! Have a think about it eh, how many times have you seen a team any team perform well over a period of games and then hit a massive slump, if you can't agree with that then your secret is out..........................Hibercelona is a computer generated automated programme that replies to posts on .net.

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 04:57 PM
You're bang out of order to suggest that defeats are greeted by Hibs supporters with relish. In fact the opposite applies and I think the words you're looking for are frustration and anger. You're correct in your assertion that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I respect yours but I'd be more inclined to support it if it had the backing of the man who is purported to be the saviour of the situation.

There are without the slightest shadow of a doubt some posters on here - not all - who do come on after a defeat and wallow in their apparent misery, using the MB as some kind of cathartic release where they can let rip about how much everything at Hibs is so appalling. Its not out of order in the slightest to suggest this.

It might well be - going to see Hibs for the last 40+ has been a triumph of hope over experience, and in the last few years a fairly fun-free way to spend ones time and money. However, guys coming on at howling at the moon in a repetitive litany of knee-jerk stupidity after any defeat hardly makes .net an edifying experience for a few days. It is notable that a fair number of posters who are in the incontinence brigade are conspicuously absent after a decent result.

As for your last point, I don't quite get it? The thread title says "Hibs in relegation fight - Terry Butcher". The article itself headlines "Hibs need points to avoid relegation fight - Terry Butcher". The quote in the article itself says "We certainly need more points, that's for sure, to make sure we do stay up," Butcher told BBC Scotland." So the point you're making relies on quoting something Butcher didn't say - indeed you could argue he means quite the opposite, but then a bit of selective/uncritical misquoting in support of a stance isnt exactly uncommon.

greenpaper55
23-03-2014, 05:03 PM

Did Terry not say that he has never paid more than 5k for any player in his life so i doubt what he has to spend will matter to him that much if he can repeat what he did at ICT ?.
You can imagine Petries face if he asked Terry at his interview what's the max you have paid for a player and got that answer ! he would have had to go and crack one off at the thought of it !.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Sorry but that's just nonsense, I have to ask if you're actually a football supporter if you can come out with a comment like that! Have a think about it eh, how many times have you seen a team any team perform well over a period of games and then hit a massive slump, if you can't agree with that then your secret is out..........................Hibercelona is a computer generated automated programme that replies to posts on .net.

Of course teams hit slumps. But it's the managers job to pick up morale and get them out of the slump as quickly as possible.

When we hit a slump, it just drags on and on and on.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Of course teams hit slumps. But it's the managers job to pick up moral and get them out of the slump as quickly as possible.

When we hit a slump, it just drags on and on and on.

So getting back to your original argument, it's perfectly plausible that TB thought we had players of real quality when they were performing to the height of their abilities, as they lack real quality they couldn't keep up those performance levels and so they dropped. Only players of real quality are able to perform consistently week in week out across a season. TB now realises we don't possess as many quality players as he initially thought we did.

Amit
23-03-2014, 05:13 PM
On the plus point. If we go down we are guaranteed two category A games. We'll only have one in the Premiership.

Paisley Hibby
23-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Perish the thought but just saying like...

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 05:18 PM
On the plus point. If we go down we are guaranteed two category A games. We'll only have one in the Premiership.

No game in the championship can be classed as CAT A :wink:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 05:21 PM
So getting back to your original argument, it's perfectly plausible that TB thought we had players of real quality when they were performing to the height of their abilities, as they lack real quality they couldn't keep up those performance levels and so they dropped. Only players of real quality are able to perform consistently week in week out across a season. TB now realises we don't possess as many quality players as he initially thought we did.

Perhaps. But if that's the case, the best thing Butcher can currently do right now is raise the moral of this team as much as possible to help them reach the heights of their abilities.

Telling them that they're useless and will be out of a contract at the end of the season, isn't going to motivate them to their very best.

And right now, we need them to be at their very best.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I would think he was taking about financial survival not league survival.

Surely these terms are inextricably related! :confused::confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Perhaps. But if that's the case, the best thing Butcher can currently do right now is raise the moral of this team as much as possible to help them reach the heights of their abilities.

Telling them that they're useless and will be out of a contract at the end of the season, isn't going to motivate them to their very best.

And right now, we need them to be at their very best.

So what do you suggest he does now he's told them they wont be here next season?

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 05:41 PM
There are without the slightest shadow of a doubt some posters on here - not all - who do come on after a defeat and wallow in their apparent misery, using the MB as some kind of cathartic release where they can let rip about how much everything at Hibs is so appalling. Its not out of order in the slightest to suggest this.

It might well be - going to see Hibs for the last 40+ has been a triumph of hope over experience, and in the last few years a fairly fun-free way to spend ones time and money. However, guys coming on at howling at the moon in a repetitive litany of knee-jerk stupidity after any defeat hardly makes .net an edifying experience for a few days. It is notable that a fair number of posters who are in the incontinence brigade are conspicuously absent after a decent result.

As for your last point, I don't quite get it? The thread title says "Hibs in relegation fight - Terry Butcher". The article itself headlines "Hibs need points to avoid relegation fight - Terry Butcher". The quote in the article itself says "We certainly need more points, that's for sure, to make sure we do stay up," Butcher told BBC Scotland." So the point you're making relies on quoting something Butcher didn't say - indeed you could argue he means quite the opposite, but then a bit of selective/uncritical misquoting in support of a stance isnt exactly uncommon.

"Clutching at straws" and "splitting hairs" at the same time here eh no!? :confused: :hmmm:

Bottom line is if we get relegated, inevitably the financial side will become much more difficult than if we didn't get relegated I suspect! :confused:

Saorsa
23-03-2014, 05:46 PM
So what do you suggest he does now he's told them they wont be here next season?lie through his teeth, and tell them he just said it because he was angry :dunno:

and that he really thinks they're all great and that they'll all be getting new contracts next season. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2014, 05:47 PM

It's the ability to perform well consistently that defines how good a sportsman you are. Our players just aren't good enough to be consistent for more than 2 or 3 games.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 05:48 PM
lie through his teeth, and tell them he just said it because he was angry :dunno:

and that he really thinks they're all great and that they'll all be getting new contracts next season. :greengrin

Or? :wink:

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Did Terry not say that he has never paid more than 5k for any player in his life so i doubt what he has to spend will matter to him that much if he can repeat what he did at ICT ?.
You can imagine Petries face if he asked Terry at his interview what's the max you have paid for a player and got that answer ! he would have had to go and crack one off at the thought of it !.

If all we are going to get is free transfers past it Journeyman and loanees we would be as well trying to get the best of what we already have how can you build a new Squad with a budget of 5k a player ?

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 06:13 PM
If all we are going to get is free transfers past it Journeyman and loanees we would be as well trying to get the best of what we already have how can you build a new Squad with a budget of 5k a player ?

What about Bosman's? Would they be ok?

Ray_
23-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Not helped by TB telling them they are sh*te after nearly every match :

It's what the fans tell them in most matches and I have to say, they are right.

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 06:23 PM
"Clutching at straws" and "splitting hairs" at the same time here eh no!? :confused: :hmmm:

Bottom line is if we get relegated, inevitably the financial side will become much more difficult than if we didn't get relegated I suspect! :confused:

No, not in the slightest. There is a big difference in what Butcher said and what the thread title says. I'm not clutching at any straws, it just gets right on my thruppennies when people accept things as FACT! without ever checking or thinking. I personally dont think we'll get close to being in the relegation battle.

Ray_
23-03-2014, 06:31 PM

I know, its almost as bad as the self righteous nonentities who come on here and call unhappy fans bed wetters……. Nonentities in the fact that their opinion is not any more worthy than anybody else’s & yet because of it they throw out insults.

Kato
23-03-2014, 06:36 PM

This tells me you know nothing about football. Why people argue with you is beyond me.

matty_f
23-03-2014, 06:39 PM

Imagine if some other radge factors came into play, like injuries and suspensions and then all of a sudden the lack of depth in the squad that wasn't initially evident becomes clear.

HiBremian
23-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Perish the thought but just saying like...

Financially speaking, we'd be better letting the mutants win next week, and, if the fixtures are timed right, relegate them at ER.

Signed

RP

Kato
23-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Imagine if some other radge factors came into play, like injuries and suspensions and then all of a sudden the lack of depth in the squad that wasn't initially evident becomes clear.

..or illness, or little knocks accumulating, or your team-mates not performing and dragging you down....nothing like that can possibly happen....

Bishop Hibee
23-03-2014, 07:03 PM
The guy who tweets @splstats reckons we'll be at home to Hertz, Killie and Thistle and away to Ross Co and St Mirren post-split. You can visit his feed for his reasoning.

I don't want Butcher to go, I want him to succeed as I have all managers but Calderclown and Fenlon both got too long in retrospect. That's why he should get the boot if we go down. Surely we can pull out a few performances like the second half v Motherwell which would see us right.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 07:13 PM
This tells me you know nothing about football. Why people argue with you is beyond me.

It's fun

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 07:15 PM

:agree: I said the same in an earlier reply to the same post.

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 07:18 PM
I know, its almost as bad as the self righteous nonentities who come on here and call unhappy fans bed wetters……. Nonentities in the fact that their opinion is not any more worthy than anybody else’s & yet because of it they throw out insults.

Ah Ray, so nice to see you getting in on the act.
Just a couple of points, so you fully understand the stupidity of your post in reference to my contribution to this thread. If you care to look back (which you probably wont, because you enjoy the indignant rage just too much), you'll see that it was Jim44 who referred to himself and those of his viewpoint as "bed-wetters". There are degrees of incontinence though - I totally understand people being fed-up - who isn't? It's the endless weekly torrent of ill thought out guff that does my nut.

If you disagree with this then I don't give the tiniest badgers fart.

Oh, and I'd really rather be a self-righteous non-entity than a bitter old fud with the interpretative capabilities of moss.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 07:22 PM
No, not in the slightest. There is a big difference in what Butcher said and what the thread title says. I'm not clutching at any straws, it just gets right on my thruppennies when people accept things as FACT! without ever checking or thinking. I personally dont think we'll get close to being in the relegation battle.

The last bit is of course only your opinion and the earlier part of your post is largely irrelevant.

This thread is about Hibs possibly being relegated not semantics or pedantry! :confused:

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Just a couple of points, so you fully understand the stupidity of your post in reference to my contribution to this thread. If you care to look back (which you probably wont, because you enjoy the indignant rage just too much), you'll see that it was Jim44 who referred to himself and those of his viewpoint as "bed-wetters". There are degrees of incontinence though - I totally understand people being fed-up - who isn't? It's the endless weekly torrent of ill thought out guff that does my nut.

Oh, and I'd really rather be a self-righteous non-entity than a bitter old fud with the interpretative capabilities of moss.

No need for any of that sanctimonious drivel which, if it wasn't so pathetic would verge on the insulting to the guy you were replying to! :confused:

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 07:35 PM
No need for any of that sanctimonious drivel which, if it wasn't so pathetic would verge on the insulting to the guy you were replying to! :confused:
Ah, ok. Captain Happy-in-Ireland can give it "Self righteous non-entity" and I can't respond in a manner in keeping with what he expects? Thats alright then. :rolleyes:

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 07:38 PM
The last bit is of course only your opinion and the earlier part of your post is largely irrelevant.

This thread is about Hibs possibly being relegated not semantics or pedantry! :confused:

The thread title says
"Hibs in relegation fight - Terry Butcher"

The actual article quoted says

"Hibs need points to avoid relegation fight - Terry Butcher"

The two are not the same thing, so the premise of the thread isn't accurate if it's trying to pin a summation of the managers view of where we are right now. It's neither semantics nor pedantry.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Ah, ok. Captain Happy-in-Ireland can give it "Self righteous non-entity" and I can't respond in a manner in keeping with what he expects? Thats alright then. :rolleyes:

For someone who is apparently a non bed wetter, you do seem to get upset quite easily.

Kato
23-03-2014, 07:44 PM
[/B]

:agree: I said the same in an earlier reply to the same post.

Missed that but not surprised.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Can we replace the term bed wetters with pish stained trouser wearers it's more appropriate................thank you.

Waxy
23-03-2014, 07:45 PM
If our players (apparently) are not trying anymore, why does this not affect any other teams?

Waxy
23-03-2014, 07:46 PM
If they're clearly not trying, don't pay them.

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 07:46 PM
For someone who is apparently a non bed wetter, you do seem to get upset quite easily.

Nah, not really. Life's too short.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 07:47 PM
If our players (apparently) are not trying anymore, why does this not affect any other teams?

Because other teams players are still trying:dunno:

Waxy
23-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Because other teams players are still trying:dunno:Yes.thats what i'm saying.Why are they trying and our players aren't?Nevermind,being a hibby i give up.

matty_f
23-03-2014, 07:54 PM

How confused are you?

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes.thats what i'm saying.Why are they trying and our players aren't?Nevermind,being a hibby i give up.

Because according to some people, our players are trying. Despite failing to do the basics that you would expect to see from an amatuer pub team.

Jim44
23-03-2014, 07:56 PM

The point you don't get or agree with was based on the negative tone of Butcher's viewpoint. I'll concede that I didn't take in the bit about him being confident the team could get the points needed to keep us safe. I felt that the optimistic reassurance that we wouldn't be dragged into a relegation dogfight, which some of you keep reminding us of, didn't lie comfortably with the manager's own fears for our security.

stevejordan
23-03-2014, 08:01 PM

Can you imagine Petrie at the interview when Terry told him this news ?

Ray_
23-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Remember This?

Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You appear to be the old fud with the memory problems & there seems to be a fair degree of bitterness involved in your post as well. Now to get back to that first point your wrote, I'm sure that even you can see the stupidity of it :aok:

Jim44
23-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Can we replace the term bed wetters with pish stained trouser wearers it's more appropriate................thank you.

Is the term negotiable? As one with a vested interest, I want to be referred to 'in the best possible taste'. Something more endearing like 'incontinence-pants afficionado' might fit the bill. 'Pish stained trouser wearer' is so outdated and Jambo-esque.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 08:57 PM
How confused are you?

Pots and kettles mate!

I thought that I had blocked you too! :greengrin

Mikey
23-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Any chance we can drop the personal stuff folks :aok:

Twa Cairpets
23-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Remember This?

Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You appear to be the old fud with the memory problems & there seems to be a fair degree of bitterness involved in your post as well. Now to get back to that first point your wrote, I'm sure that even you can see the stupidity of it :aok:
And then go one post further back to Jim44s first post. There's a good lad.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 09:02 PM
The thread title says
"Hibs in relegation fight - Terry Butcher"

The actual article quoted says

"Hibs need points to avoid relegation fight - Terry Butcher"

The two are not the same thing, so the premise of the thread isn't accurate if it's trying to pin a summation of the managers view of where we are right now. It's neither semantics nor pedantry.

So you think by moving a couple of words from one compared to the other of the "quotes" that you have got so hot under the collar about that they have different meanings, at their absolute core,? :confused:Hibs need to pick up points or they could get relegated this season and that is the reality of our current situation! :agree:

However you want to play games with what you think one phrase means compared to the other, the facts are that relegation is possible for Hibs this season! FACT! :confused:

No point in further discussion on the topic IMO!

PS Just watched the BBC highlights on Sportscene and listened to Pat Nevin saying that Hibs are in trouble and need a couple of wins before the end of the season to avoid the play off place (not verbatim before we start crawling over each word!!). Hibs are at risk of relegation was the message and it's time that people started to recognise that as a serious possibility with the team unable to score goals and playing poorly as well!

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Jim44;Is the term negotiable? As one with a vested interest, I want to be referred to 'in the best possible taste'. Something more endearing like 'incontinence-pants afficionado' might fit the bill. 'Pish stained trouser wearer' is so outdated and Jambo-esque.[/QUOTE]

Yes of course, I don't agree to referring to fellow Hibees in this vein anyway, in fact you will never find a post from me where I have referred to anyone in this manner. I just thought if people had to use it could they could maybe use a term which is more realistic. Your term is definitely more tasteful and modern so I concur with your thoughts on the matter. At least we appear to be making progress, the next step is to refer to people as just having an opinion and then we've cracked it.

JOD
23-03-2014, 09:39 PM
BOTTOM 6 TABLE= KILLIE=26,HIBS=25,ST MIRREN/P THISTLE=19,ROSS C.=14, THEM=12. Games between bottom 6 only with 2 matches to go before split US/PARTICK still to play THEM to bring it up to the 15 games each. No other bottom 6 teams play each other before split. Don't know what it tell us other than we have a reasonable record against the bottom lot and if we can win on Sunday I THINK THE SWEAT IS OFF. The four of them can't be winning every week ???? after the split and surely we can pick up the couple of points needed. :pray:

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 09:41 PM
BOTTOM 6 TABLE= KILLIE=26,HIBS=25,ST MIRREN/P THISTLE=19,ROSS C.=14, THEM=12. Games between bottom 6 only with 2 matches to go before split US/PARTICK still to play THEM to bring it up to the 15 games each. No other bottom 6 teams play each other before split. Don't know what it tell us other than we have a reasonable record against the bottom lot and if we can win on Sunday I THINK THE SWEAT IS OFF. The four of them can't be winning every week ???? after the split and surely we can pick up the couple of points needed. :pray:

Pat Nevin doesn't! :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Just watched the 'highlights'. Wow

The Green Goblin
23-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Just watched the 'highlights'. Wow

Me too (no vid stream on Hibs tv this week) and my reaction was the same as yours. Terrifyingly bad. I fear for Sunday in a game in which we face an 'enemy' that has nothing to lose...

chrisski33
23-03-2014, 10:49 PM
At least we wont see griffiths score at er this season now!

IWasThere2016
23-03-2014, 10:53 PM
If we go down Butcher and RP should be hung fae the rafters of the East Stand!

Local Arabs are saying we've been 'Terr-ibl-y Butcher-ed' - oh how we laugh! :rolleyes:

J-C
24-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Relegation bound stats unless we start winning
W 4 D 7 L 8

Says it all, has taken a fairly poor Fenlon team and managed to make them worse, thought that would be impossible to do. :confused:

Ronniekirk
24-03-2014, 08:07 AM
You may well be right but our recent form and performances have been so poor that it's hard to see where the next decent performance is going to come from Having said that the 3 3 game against Motherwell wasn't that long ago and we should of won that .The fact we didn't was down to our own failing and when pressure is on some of these players just seem to not handle it .The derby will give us a clue as all the other teams in bottom six will at least fight to avoid 11th and they will target us as game they could win and hope we crumble under the pressure But same applies to them The pressure of avoiding play off could affect them more than us as don't now think we could get any worse .
If Murdoch hadn't made mistake for first goal we would have been happy for him to retain his place as that was some performance given how long he has been out for .

AndyM_1875
24-03-2014, 08:12 AM
You may well be right but our recent form and performances have been so poor that it's hard to see where the next decent performance is going to come from Having said that the 3 3 game against Motherwell wasn't that long ago and we should of won that .The fact we didn't was down to our own failing and when pressure is on some of these players just seem to not handle it .The derby will give us a clue as all the other teams in bottom six will at least fight to avoid 11th and they will target us as game they could win and hope we crumble under the pressure But same applies to them The pressure of avoiding play off could affect them more than us as don't now think we could get any worse .
If Murdoch hadn't made mistake for first goal we would have been happy for him to retain his place as that was some performance given how long he has been out for .

I'm happy for Murdoch to retain his place. Whilst Big Ben is a loss its pretty obvious he'll be going back down the M74 to England and I see no reason for Terry to be looking at a goalkeeper for next year when we have a more than capable lad on our books.

Craig_in_Prague
24-03-2014, 08:35 AM
At least we wont see griffiths score at er this season now!

If it wasn't for Sparky being at Hibs the last couple of years; I can't imagine how bad things would have got (though we're starting to get an idea now),
He completely carried the team when at the club, now we are a team of useless, gutless, losers.

Still, another summer of complete overhaul, by law of averages, signing 200 players every few years, we're due some good one's !

In truth though, we've always generally had a special player or two, now we don't have anyone worth paying to see or that can win a game with brilliance.

Speedway
24-03-2014, 09:04 AM
What is the point of Boateng?

Jones28
24-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Back up by the looks of it.

I want Nelson punted out the team, Forster or Boateng in his place, either or at right back.

Pete
24-03-2014, 12:48 PM

You can go fisheng.

stevejordan
24-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Relegation bound stats unless we start winning
W 4 D 7 L 8

Says it all, has taken a fairly poor Fenlon team and managed to make them worse, thought that would be impossible to do. :confused:

worrying stats it is made worse by the initial impact was good the current run of one win in last 13 games is a routine that must be reveresd starting this weekend.

Jones28
24-03-2014, 02:12 PM
You can go fisheng.

Haha! Enjoyed that one :greengrin

sven nil
24-03-2014, 02:27 PM
What is the point of Boateng? He was all that was left in the last days bargain buys section!

Eyrie
24-03-2014, 07:08 PM

My guess is that he was identified as having potential and was brought in on loan because he's out of contract at the end of the season. If he'd done well then he would have been part of the summer overhaul, but however it looks like he isn't good enough.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Presume it's hard to build team spirit when the merit-go-round is in full tilt...

Ronniekirk
24-03-2014, 07:16 PM
You can go fisheng.
Punt him